The L Word

• Please log in to reply

51150 replies to this topic

luavul

luavul

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 25, 2008 @ 3:18 PM

Thanks saab. When you start getting really, really detailed will you give us a warning? General stuff like this is fine by me but I want to avoid blow-by- blow stuff.

Sounds like Bette and Tina spend a lot of time giving everyone an earful. Bette and Jesse Spano flirting? Blech. Tibette sex? OK. Please don't let it be the only one of the season.

SaabStory

SaabStory

Fanatic

Posted Nov 25, 2008 @ 3:50 PM

Shenny is full steam ahead.
I watched it via FF while I was looking for Tibette stuff.
Dylan is back and not "straight" anymore.

Mama B....don't get your hopes up for a great sex scene. The sex scene is a little bit of elevator sex (minus the cunnilingus). Bette just reaching up Tina's dress and part Stir-Fry sex and it is over as fast as it starts. Maybe there is another one and I missed it. But if I missed it then it was even faster than the one I saw.

chilindrina

chilindrina

Fanatic

Posted Nov 25, 2008 @ 3:53 PM

How general are we talking about here? Like Tina and Bette are having dinner, or Tina and Bette are sitting by the pool? If you had said they were horrible spoilers, I would have let it go, but Saab, you said Happy Tibette Spoilers why did you have to say Happy? You're just providing the folks with what they want, I know that. I'm the one who is starting to crumble.

Oh man, I'm going to fall off the wagon here....fellow Nerd Table occupants, talk me down!!!

frickingfrack

frickingfrack

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 25, 2008 @ 3:56 PM

Chili, don't. It's not worth it.

Saabie, is the sex scene the one from the promo?

XtraKrispy

XtraKrispy

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 25, 2008 @ 4:07 PM

I have a ?. Bette telling Tina that she will never cheat on her again is that what you all call one of IC's advils.....if so does that mean Bette will cheat or will she get cheated on?

winter70

winter70

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 25, 2008 @ 4:14 PM

Saab. Thanks.

Jessie and Bette are being all flirty, but Tina seems to be okay with it.

Im not ok with it. I think it sucks.

Bette telling Tina that she will never cheat on her again is that what you all call one of IC's advils.....if so does that mean Bette will cheat or will she get cheated on?

I hope Tina cheats on Bette with Sergeant Xena in the interrogation room.

SaabStory

SaabStory

Fanatic

Posted Nov 25, 2008 @ 4:19 PM

Yes it is frack and check your PM.

Chilindrina, I said Happy Tibette Spoilers like a greeting...not necessarily about them being happy or not happy.

XtraKrispy..upon viewing the scene myself, it was not that anvilish. Tina was teasing Bette about flirting and Bette's like, what, you don't flirt? and Tina's like, of course I do, but it is different with you. It feeds you. To which Bette tells Tina to just trust that she knows herself and Tina's like I have no idea what that means and then Bette tells her she only wants Tina and starts to undo Tina's belt............and you know the rest.

Edited by SaabStory, Nov 25, 2008 @ 4:22 PM.

Zuzus petals

Zuzus petals

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 25, 2008 @ 4:19 PM

Chill, i finally sat down. Don't get up now! I figure I've spoiled myself rotten for the 'big shock' but really- I don't know anymore than everyone will know in the first couple minutes of the first episode. I really want to be unspoiled for the Tibette stuff if at all possible. Must...be...strong. Are there drinks here at the nerds table?

SaabStory

SaabStory

Fanatic

Posted Nov 25, 2008 @ 4:21 PM

Let me add that the scene that I just described above happened in their bedroom and it was actually a nice scene between them. It sets the stage for Tina being okay with Bette being all flirty with Jesse at dinner. In fact, Jesse Spano asks Tina if she minds that she (Jesse) flirts so shamelessly with Bette and Tina was like flirt away...Bette knows what will happen if she cheats.

Man United Girl

Man United Girl

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 25, 2008 @ 4:37 PM

SaabStory

What are the scene's with Jesse Spano and Bette like? Are they cringe worthy or are they ok?
Also how many episodes have you just spoiled us on, cause it sounded like a few.

SaabStory

SaabStory

Fanatic

Posted Nov 25, 2008 @ 4:43 PM

Man United...Jesse by herself is cringeworthy. :) But I haven't watched anything in context yet so it is hard for me to say. Bette runs into her at the same gallery opening where she fights with Jodi. They get all kiss and giggly and Jesse is all look at your body are you still a runner and Bette is all fake blushing and they are going on and on and Bette is forgetting that Tina is standing right next to her and then is finally like, Oh, this is my partner Tina Kennard. I'll report back once I get to watch in its entirety.

I think Jesse is going to offer Bette a job not unlike the way Helena offered Tina a job in S3. A job that Bette needs, but one that may make Tina a little uncomfortable. But that is my own wank. I don't know that for sure.

AND..Tasha and Alice are seeing Dan Foxworthy. I cannot make this shit up. They have a third wheel in their relationship (I don't know who it is..some chick) and Bette and Tina are telling Alice that a third wheel crush can be okay in a relationship unless one of the people in the couple falls for the third wheel. Yep.

Edited by SaabStory, Nov 25, 2008 @ 4:48 PM.

luavul

luavul

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 25, 2008 @ 4:50 PM

Ugh.. none of this is making me happy. :(

saab what episode are you watching? Is this all episode 1?

XtraKrispy

XtraKrispy

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 25, 2008 @ 4:54 PM

Let me add that the scene that I just described above happened in their bedroom and it was actually a nice scene between them. It sets the stage for Tina being okay with Bette being all flirty with Jesse at dinner. In fact, Jesse Spano asks Tina if she minds that she (Jesse) flirts so shamelessly with Bette and Tina was like flirt away...Bette knows what will happen if she cheats. -SaabStory

Sorry but I don't buy this all of a sudden they have no problems with each other. They don't even talk. Bette is the same woman who said she doesn't think kissing someone else when you're in a relationship is cheating. Bette has never and I repeat never flirted with someone she wasn't interested in. As a matter of fact Bette has always despised people who flirted with someone when their in a relationship. I guess it doesn't matter I don't really care about this couple they have been the same since day one boring and nothing has changed.

abbas2008

abbas2008

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 25, 2008 @ 4:54 PM

Guess Bette hasn't changed, always needing someong to feed her ego. Tina Tina Tina, you won't be alone but you will still be lonely.

frickingfrack

frickingfrack

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 25, 2008 @ 4:55 PM

Saabie, I hope you didn't pay too much money for the screener.

One very important question: is there any chance that at the gallery opening both Jodi and Jesse have crimped hair? Cause that would totally compensate me for the giant load of bullcrap that Season Sux (™ Mama B) is shaping up to be.

AND..Tasha and Alice are seeing Dan Foxworthy. I cannot make this shit up. They have a third wheel in their relationship (I don't know who it is..some chick) and Bette and Tina are telling Alice that a third wheel crush can be okay in a relationship unless one of the people in the couple falls for the third wheel. Yep.

No, you cannot make this shit up! Seriously. You can't!

Edited by frickingfrack, Nov 25, 2008 @ 4:57 PM.

bizgirl

bizgirl

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 25, 2008 @ 4:57 PM

Where one looks, a drinking game can always be found. For the nerd table only ;-). A drink for every black bar avoided? A drink whenever Shenny is referenced? How about for every time someone plays the I hate you so much video? Possibilities are endless. I think I may have done a 12 step program for this last season.

stuttgart

stuttgart

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 25, 2008 @ 5:00 PM

Lucy Lawless is hot!
She's the only good thing about that silly murder mystery!

maryhartman

maryhartman

Fanatic

Posted Nov 25, 2008 @ 5:02 PM

S5 wasn't half bad compared to the deeply flawed S4 and the trainwreck known as S3. IC should have quit while she was ahead.

chilindrina

chilindrina

Fanatic

Posted Nov 25, 2008 @ 5:04 PM

Excellent suggestion bizgirl. We should be in a drunken stupor in a day or so.

Saab, thanks for clearing up the Happy Tibette Spoilers thing. Makes it easier not to look. Plus this reaction:

Guess Bette hasn't changed [Black Bar] Tina Tina Tina, [Black Bar]abbas2008

Well, there goes any desire I had to look...

Nerd Table, I got Oreos and a bottle of Vodka.

Edited by chilindrina, Nov 25, 2008 @ 5:04 PM.

bizgirl

bizgirl

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 25, 2008 @ 5:06 PM

Yes, sitting here with a bottle of vodka and some poptarts. It's on.

abbas2008

abbas2008

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 25, 2008 @ 5:08 PM

Chili don't go by what I say, I'm not a Bette fan so what happens in the spoilers is my reaction to not being a fan. I guess its all in how you look at what happens, and how you view the characters actions

SaabStory

SaabStory

Fanatic

Posted Nov 25, 2008 @ 5:48 PM

For the official record:

Angelica Porter Kennard

ecstasy05

ecstasy05

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 25, 2008 @ 5:54 PM

Saab thanks for clearing that up and for the other spoilers. I have a question Do You hear them say I love you or use terms like Babe, Baby.I want to see and hear that side of them again. So Bette and Tina are more than just "girlfriends".

Is this Tibette from their life prior to season 1? This doesn't sound like them.

angst

angst

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 25, 2008 @ 5:54 PM

With those spoilers, why do I feel the impending doom of a QAF style Mel & Linds threeway coming on? I hope I'm wrong, cause ewwww. Tina and Bette must have done some more OC processing for either one to be easy with all the flirting. I don't get it.

everydayanewday

everydayanewday

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 25, 2008 @ 6:03 PM

[/b]Saab can you elaborate more on Shenny being full steam ahead. What do u mean by that?What happens?
Thanks a lot for all the info!

Edited by everydayanewday, Nov 25, 2008 @ 6:05 PM.

CoreValues

CoreValues

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 25, 2008 @ 6:06 PM

SaabStory
Thanks for spoiling us. If you said the episode, I missed it? Which episode, please?

SaabStory

SaabStory

Fanatic

Posted Nov 25, 2008 @ 6:41 PM

Saab thanks for clearing that up and for the other spoilers. I have a question Do You hear them say I love you or use terms like Babe, Baby.I want to see and hear that side of them again. So Bette and Tina are more than just "girlfriends". - ecstasy05

It's funny that you ask that because there is a really nice scene at the end of E1 where Bette gets all misty and apologizes to Tina for defending Shane and Tina is okay with it since they fall on different sides on this issue

Bette: Given my history, I don't want to be casual about the promise I made to you.
Tina: I didn't know you made any promises
Bette: Well, I am making a promise to you right now. I promise that I share your values about family and faithfulness and committment and that I will never ever cheat on you again.

Tina is a little taken aback and shocked and just says "wow" quietly.
It's a good scene.

I said Shenny full steam ahead because as I was FFing to the Tibette stuff, they are all over the place. I even saw naked Shenny in bed. I will have Shenny details as a watch the full thing.

ETA:

why do I feel the impending doom of a QAF style Mel & Linds threeway coming on? I hope I'm wrong, cause ewwww. Tina and Bette must have done some more OC processing for either one to be easy with all the flirting. I don't get it.

Angst, that is what I get for not watching anything in order. The above car scene set up Bette's promise. I am assuming she is going to be tested...yet again..but keep the promise she made to Tina.
The scene above precedes all the other flirting stuff.

Edited because there is a difference between precedes and supersedes.
Jesus!!

Edited by SaabStory, Nov 25, 2008 @ 7:09 PM.

ButteredUp

ButteredUp

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 25, 2008 @ 6:53 PM

Oh fuck me! Shenny naked in bed???? Saabie, I need details! I need to know what not to watch. Ugh. My poor eyes. I don't know if I'll even watch Season Sux anymore.

SaabStory

SaabStory

Fanatic

Posted Nov 25, 2008 @ 6:56 PM

I sincerely apologize to all the non-TiBetters. I will have more info on the others tomorrow.
Here are some screencaps. Again..highly TiBette centric, but I will fix that tomorrow.

I will ask that these pictures stay where they are and not be re-posted.
Thanks.
Episode 1

Buttered, I am so sorry. For real.
:(

Edited by SaabStory, Nov 25, 2008 @ 6:58 PM.

everydayanewday

everydayanewday

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 25, 2008 @ 7:00 PM

Thanks Saab.Cant wait for more info!