The Rosie O'Donnell Show

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

1744 replies to this topic

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 8:55 PM

I'm guessing the reason they couldn't air the Rancic interview was because they discussed the fact that their surrogate was pregnant and they had to air that news on their own show first. I don't think the final episode will ever air.

OutofTouchUSA

OutofTouchUSA

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 9:07 PM

I am almost sure Rosie has offered to help LiLo before. Seems I remember it from her blog. Either way, she is right about LiLo...trainwreck waitin' to happen!!

starketcher I believe she mentioned it on her radio show... I think she offered to let Lindsay stay at her home, but Lindsay didn't respond (no wonder... would you trust Rosie?!?)

So, let's review, Rosie goes from offering to help Lindsay to insulting her on National TV, but offering to help in the past somehow makes the insult ok?!? I, personally, feel guilty going from Rosie fan to Rosie critic, but I watched the Today Show today just for Rosie so one hand washes the other.

JakeyIsSusan

JakeyIsSusan

Fanatic

• Interests:television (duh!), pro wrestling, pop culture, awards shows, writing, dreaming, procrastinating

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 10:05 PM

This is the way I see it...... and I am not a great Rosie fan or any such thing. Rosie was asked her opinion on the matter, she gave it. I didn't see ANYTHING either in Rosie's tone of voice or her choice of words that was intended to be mean-spirited or insulting to Lindsay in any way

ITA. It's not as if Rosie took a megaphone and walked around the streets of Manhattan insulting Lindsay Lohan and "The Today Show" happened to broadcast it. She was asked a question and answered it candidly, as she was expected to. It should also be noted that Rosie actually filmed a movie with Elizabeth Taylor, and thus had every right to balk at the comparison to Lindsay Lohan, who really hasn't done quality work since "A Prairie Home Companion".

I'd be happy to stand corrected, but I believe people thinking Rosie invited Lindsay to come stay with her at Star Island are getting confused with Britney Spears. Back during Britney's shaved-head, umbrella-versus-car meltdown, Rosie invited her -- publicly on "The View" and on her blog -- to stay at her house in Star Island to escape the paparazzi. When asked about Lindsay and Paris Hilton on the blog, as to why she would criticize them but not Britney, Rosie explained that they had never done her old show and she never felt connected with him; conversely, Britney had been on TROS several times, starting when she was 16 and in the "...Baby One More Time" days.

Edited by JakeyIsSusan, Apr 24, 2012 @ 10:06 PM.

nish

nish

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 10:36 PM

would you trust Rosie?!?

Yes, I would. Rosie is a caring, loving and genuine human being. She is very loyal to her friends and if I remember correctly, she offered Lindsay shelter at her home away from all the ruckus when Lindsay was embroiled in all kinds of controversies and hounded by the paparazzi day and night. Rosie, knowing the downside of fame and celebrity, and recognizing the repercussions it was having on Lindsay, thought it would be a good idea for Lindsay to get away from her famewhoring family(mother, father, etc) for a while and be isolated from all the negative attention she was getting.

In my opinion, Rosie had nothing but altruistic reasons for trying to help Lindsay at that time. She spoke of Lindsay as "that poor child" or words to that effect(not an exact quote) ....... hers was a generous gesture to help out a troubled child/soul(someone she felt almost motherly towards, in my opinion) during a tumultuous period in Lindsay's life. Rosie was trying to reach out to Lindsay on a purely humane level, thinking young troubled girls sometimes listen to friends or outsiders because they value their opinion more than their own family's.

Rosie just wanted to bring Lindsay's chaotic life back to some semblance of normalcy which she thought might be provided by being around her children and other adults who had nothing to gain from Lindsay. It was pure kindness and generosity of her heart which made Rosie reach out to Lindsay.

Edited by nish, Apr 24, 2012 @ 10:37 PM.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

Stalker

• Interests:If you have a question for me, please use the Messenger/PM system to do that rather than leaving a question on this page (unless youíre a Just Tuned In, who wonít be able to use it until youíve made ten posts). Thanks!

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 11:08 PM

People, this isnít a catch-all thread to discuss Rosie herself. Since no one is talking about the show anymore, Iím closing the thread.