Fanfic Recommendations

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

591 replies to this topic

voiceover

voiceover

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2010 @ 8:05 PM

www.whofic.com? Maybe it's my server. Poop!
ETA, long since repaired.

Where's all the Eleventh Doctor smut? too soon?

Edited by voiceover, Apr 21, 2010 @ 1:59 PM.

userchip

userchip

Just Tuned In

Posted Jun 10, 2010 @ 9:19 PM

My story Who Knew! is an Eighth Doctor story set in the context of a Charmed episode. It can be read at:
Who Knew!

Safrodite

Safrodite

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 16, 2010 @ 4:48 PM

While searching for some fics set in the first season (with Rose, Nine and Jack)* I found this one-shot. It's basically a missing scene, from Jacks perspective, and I thought it was rather interesting to read.

1996 by Bad Dickens

According to Jack in "Utopia," he saw Rose growing up on the Estate in the '90s.

If someone knows some good ones, feel free to rec them for me! ;)

Kaffyr

Kaffyr

Fanatic

• Interests:Doctor Who, Caprica Battlestar Galactica, Firefly, Project Runway, Eureka, Leverage, White Collar, Burn Notice, reading, science fiction, reading science fiction, journalism, the 4th estate, DEMOCRACY, Canada, Who fanfic (about and with which some folks undoubtedly have problems), government policy wonk stuff, and music, music muuuusic.

Posted Jul 10, 2010 @ 10:43 PM

It's still in progress, but, since I've lately been on a roll in moving the story forward - and since I'm determined to finish the story before its third birthday (oh, lord) - may I reintroduce folks to "Hearts and Moons Recall The Truth?" They can find it either here at my journal, or over here, at Teaspoon. Enjoy, if you so desire.

Edited by Kaffyr, Jul 10, 2010 @ 10:45 PM.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Jul 22, 2010 @ 8:39 AM

There's an LJ smut for Eleven called eleventy_kink. The stories are indexed here

MarkHB

MarkHB

Stalker

Posted Jul 30, 2010 @ 7:14 AM

For those who enjoyed The Ten Doctors comic a while back, or anyone else who likes really good fanfic, Rich has just started a new storyline. Outrage is a totally 80's hair-gone-wild meetup between the Sixth Doctor (with Mel) and... Jem and the Holograms.

Edited by MarkHB, Jul 30, 2010 @ 7:15 AM.

crescendoesque

crescendoesque

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 17, 2010 @ 3:49 PM

Does anyone know of some good Rose/Jack fic to recommend? Not a big fan of OT3 (Jack/Rose/Doctor), but if it's wicked minor, I'll take it.

Linz42

Linz42

Just Tuned In

Posted Jan 18, 2011 @ 12:33 AM

So, I very distinctly remember reading a multi-doctor webcomic that wasn't The Ten Doctors. It was a work in progress, but it was a while ago, so that may have changed. IIRC it started with Nine meeting Ten and being annoyed with him about the events of TGitF, and then other Doctors kept showing up. If that rings a bell with anybody, I would really appreciate it if you could link me to it.

InsertWordHere

InsertWordHere

Fanatic

Posted Feb 26, 2011 @ 2:43 AM

Linz42
I just happen to be reading The Ten Doctors right now. I see it's been awhile since you asked for a link, but here it is if you still need it.

lacorelli

lacorelli

Couch Potato

• Interests:Doctor Who, Scarecrow & Mrs King, The Shadow (pulp and radio), Doc Savage, Old Time Radio and British Radio Drama (especially mysteries), Doctor Fu Manchu, Sherlock Holmes, Nero Wolfe, Lord Peter Wimsey, Marie Corelli, Terry Pratchett, P.G. Wodehouse, Jane Austen, The Lord of the Rings, Star Trek, Star Wars, Zorro.

Posted May 10, 2011 @ 7:42 AM

For somewhat obvious reasons, I would really like to find some cheerful Sarah Jane Smith fic. Funny would be awesome, but upbeat is a must. It can be at any point in her time line and any Doctor (but 4, 10, and 11 are preferred), and I don't mind if there's any shippiness between her and the Doctor, but I mainly I just want something fun and upbeat and maybe a little silly.

Namarie

Namarie

Stalker

• Interests:Writing, reading, TV (The X-Files, Fringe, Doctor Who, Life, Bones, Numb3rs, NCIS, Firefly, Buffy, Angel), movies, music, languages

Posted May 10, 2011 @ 4:29 PM

lacorelli, I just read this fluffy and amusing Sarah Jane fic the other day, and I think it fits your specifications. It's Four, Sarah Jane, and Harry, and it's delightful.

lacorelli

lacorelli

Couch Potato

• Interests:Doctor Who, Scarecrow & Mrs King, The Shadow (pulp and radio), Doc Savage, Old Time Radio and British Radio Drama (especially mysteries), Doctor Fu Manchu, Sherlock Holmes, Nero Wolfe, Lord Peter Wimsey, Marie Corelli, Terry Pratchett, P.G. Wodehouse, Jane Austen, The Lord of the Rings, Star Trek, Star Wars, Zorro.

Posted May 10, 2011 @ 5:47 PM

Thank you; that was fun.

O2Sean

O2Sean

Stalker

Posted Jun 13, 2011 @ 9:00 AM

A very very good fic where Rory has to treat Amy and the Doctor when they get the flu. They even manage to continue the presence the TARDIS had after "Doctor's Wife."

BuddhaBelly

BuddhaBelly

Fanatic

Posted Sep 24, 2011 @ 11:18 PM

I would love some reccs for some Martha/Doctor fics. I have rediscovered my love for Martha Jones.

GreenPhoenix

GreenPhoenix

Fanatic

Posted Sep 25, 2011 @ 10:34 PM

Personally, I liked the short story Jack Versus the Abequan though Martha had a very minor role in it. I also liked the first half of Beyond the Limits which reads like an episode of the series.

PhoenixRising

PhoenixRising

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 5, 2011 @ 8:14 AM

My first fanfic ever -- inspired because I just couldn't see the end of River's story being stuck in that computer forever -- posted over at Teaspoon and an Open Mind:

Here's the link: http://www.whofic.co...y.php?sid=43816

GreenPhoenix

GreenPhoenix

Fanatic

Posted Oct 14, 2011 @ 12:48 PM

I just finished reading Who Lives and Who Dies over at fanfiction.net. It's a rewrite of the second half of season 4 and a couple specials with Shawn Farrell from The 4400 inserted as an additional companion. Does anyone have a recommendation for a similar type of crossover story? I've been following the spectacular Second Star to the Right (so far a rewrite of season 3 with Ianto inserted), but I am looking for good crossovers from outside the Whoniverse.

Also, I was hoping to pick some brains a bit because I haven't been reading fan fiction for long and I've stuck mostly with fanfiction.net. I've started reading jeffandtheworld's Doctor Who: Series 5 (also an insertion/rewrite) and namazukage7's Fear Before Courage. Both feature male OC companions (Alex Morgan and Lucas Braddock, respectively) who I don't think are Mary Sues. I've also glanced at three stories with female OC companions and I think all three are Mary Sues. For those who are more familiar with fanfic, is this a common trend?

I can definitely understand why that is (if it is) - I suppose the character development that female companions get in the show can result in Mary Sues when writers try to emulate that evolution. Also, it seems that female OC companions are more likely than male OC companions to be love interests for the Doctor so I guess they need to be elevated a bit. Alex and Lucas have been/were presented as friends of the Doctor. Alex sort of has a girlfriend back home and Lucas' love life wasn't touched on at all; also, he was justifiably distrustful of the Doctor and eager to get home during his first adventure.

Anyway, five stories is a bad sample for inferences, so I was just wondering what others have observed and thought.

PhoenixRising

PhoenixRising

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 14, 2011 @ 12:53 PM

GreenPhoenix: Teaspoon and an Open Mind is a good Dr. Who fanfic site if you are looking for something in addition to fanfic.net (which does have good stories, but is harder to navigate, I think). Here's the link: http://www.whofic.com/

CheerAngel

CheerAngel

Fanatic

Posted Jan 2, 2012 @ 4:49 AM

The fact that this exists makes my whole world a little bit brighter. Matt Smith guest stars on the Muppet Show. An excerpt:

"Sam," he said, "can you play a brave, handsome American who's a dashing and romantic hero -- a military man of action?"

"Can I?" said Sam, with an emphasis suggesting that the question was entirely rhetorical and no patriotic American could ever possibly have doubted it.

"Congratulations," said Scooter, "you're Captain Jack Harkness."

aSnakeOnaPlane

aSnakeOnaPlane

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 5, 2012 @ 10:51 PM

I second that recommendation from CheerAngel. Holy shit, that was the best thing I have read in AGES. Thank very much for pointing it out.

... meep.

lacorelli

lacorelli

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 8, 2012 @ 9:51 PM

That is truly hilarious. Muppets and Doctor Who: the perfect combination.

CheerAngel

CheerAngel

Fanatic

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 6:37 PM

Doctor Who and the Silver Spiral Ten takes Martha to see Supernova 2007gr. Written by one of the team members who discovered the energy is emitted. Definitely unusual.