Ratings & Scheduling: I Really Enjoy Being Judged

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

1303 replies to this topic

WhatDoYouKnow

WhatDoYouKnow

Fanatic

Posted May 25, 2010 @ 10:42 PM

It is unusual (yes, most have 22 episodes or fewer), but I remember one of the times Steve Carell was the guest on The Daily Show, he said that that season was supposed to have 30-something episodes. That was the strike year, though, so that didn't happen.

I may be wrong, but I don't think that meant 30-something different episodes, but that many episodes WORTH of tv. So, an hour long episode would count as 2, and those 45-minute (or whatever) Super-Sized episodes they were so fond of doing for awhile would count as 1.5 or something.

Edited by WhatDoYouKnow, May 25, 2010 @ 10:43 PM.

TWoP Barnes

TWoP Barnes

Stalker

Posted May 26, 2010 @ 8:35 AM

HIMYM had 24 episodes this season (and last), too. 22 is typical (years ago, I think it was 26). I

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted May 26, 2010 @ 3:58 PM

Back in the Happy Days' heydey, I think they made 27/season.

Blaze Domingo

Blaze Domingo

Couch Potato

Posted May 28, 2010 @ 12:18 PM

Looks like The Office is NBC's biggest show (excluding football):

http://www.deadline....son/#more-44277

They'll soldier on, with or without Steve Carell.

sarcasticisity

sarcasticisity

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 12, 2011 @ 12:51 PM

I usually rely on TWOP to tell me when my shows are coming back from hiatus, and I can't seem to find any other good source, so...when does the Office come back? It looks like April 14? Am I right about that?

ikar

ikar

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2011 @ 1:54 PM

Here's a good place to check the wacky spring schedule. Next new ep appears to be March 24.

moose135

moose135

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2011 @ 11:16 AM

Thanks for that, ikar. I've been trying to figure that out too. Feels like forever since we've seen a new episode. Looks like a couple of repeats after the March 24 fresh episode too...

Melancholiac

Melancholiac

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 9, 2011 @ 12:19 PM

Ratings continue to slide. The Office (3.1/8) was down 11% to log its lowest-rated episode in 6-and-a-half years, since the finale of its poorly rated 6-episode first season in the spring of 2005. While baseball was a factor, it is still disconcerting for the veteran comedy to drop so much as it raises concerns about the show’s viability without star Steve Carell.

Col Bat Guano

Col Bat Guano

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 9, 2011 @ 2:05 PM

Since Big Bang Theory dropped by almost the exact same percentage, I'm chalking up this up to baseball exclusively. Next week will the real test.

Blaze Domingo

Blaze Domingo

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 10, 2011 @ 10:19 AM

While baseball was a factor, it is still disconcerting for the veteran comedy to drop so much as it raises concerns about the show’s viability without star Steve Carell.

It's still NBC's top rated scripted show. I wouldn't worry about The Office unless NBC decides to cancel every show they've got.

Melancholiac

Melancholiac

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 16, 2011 @ 7:50 AM

The Office was up a tenth to a 3.2 adults 18-49 rating for the most recent episode. But when combined with the other Thursday night shows, it was NBC's lowest rated in-season Thursday night with adults 18-49 ever.

Col Bat Guano

Col Bat Guano

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 16, 2011 @ 4:21 PM

But when combined with the other Thursday night shows, it was NBC's lowest rated in-season Thursday night with adults 18-49 ever.

This fact doesn't really mean anything for The Office though. No one bases the success of an individual show on how the network did for the evening.

NiceGuyEddie

NiceGuyEddie

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 16, 2012 @ 4:16 PM

Last night was the second week in a row that I watched Two & A Half Men until the end, then as soon as the "white vanity board"/credits appears, turned it to The Office, and The Office had already started.
Haven't dug into whether The Office is starting earlier than 9 PM or 2 1/2 Men is ending later than 8:59 PM, but someone is trying to cheat >:-/
Anyone else having issues with this?

EDIT: I checked online to see how much I missed, there was a ~40 second overlap. Grrr....

Edited by NiceGuyEddie, Nov 16, 2012 @ 4:18 PM.

Nijntje

Nijntje

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 26, 2012 @ 11:39 PM

I'm finding it annoying that Global in Canada isn't airing The Office half the time. Now that Glee has moved to Thursdays, it seems that The Office doesn't air unless there is a time slot where another show is airing a rerun. Episodes 2 and 7 (Roy's Wedding and The Whale) aired weeks late, and episode 6 (The Boat) hasn't aired at all. It isn't even available on Global's website.