Cast Appearances in Other Roles: Outside the TARDIS

• Please log in to reply

2872 replies to this topic

WyKnott

WyKnott

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 5:28 PM

I'm surprised no one's posted about this yet.

Hopefully it will get picked up for the fall season.

cacophony

cacophony

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 9:21 PM

I'm torn. On one hand, John Barrowman will be on my television regularly. On the other hand... another Shonda Rimes drama the world doesn't need.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Mar 13, 2012 @ 10:06 AM

Ugh, Shonda Rimes. My urge to watch this show is plummeting now.

Good luck to Barrowman though.

Peplow146

Peplow146

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 5:27 AM

Despite some critcisums and bad reviews have been einjoying Upstairs Downstairs series 2 . Liked Alex Kingston in ER and othr programes. She has been great as Dr Blanche. Hope she will appear in S7 at some point.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 6:59 AM

Jenna-Louise Coleman will be in ITV's Titanic production on Sunday at 9pm for the next four weeks.

zombygirl

zombygirl

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 11:45 PM

Catherine Jenkins from the Christmas Carol episode is on Dancing with the Stars this season. So far, first two weeks, she's the best.

derekevans

derekevans

Fanatic

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 10:15 AM

David Tennant and Burn Gorman will be starring in the upcoming BBC4 miniseries Spies of Warsaw, a WWII set spy drama.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 9:48 AM

Jenna-Louise Coleman's last episode of Titanic airs tonight at 9pm on ITV. I know the mini-series has more or less sucked but Jenna's been one of the few bright spots in it.

Oh and Mark Gatiss appeared in the Series 4 finale of Being Human, which BBCAmerica aired yesterday. He's brilliant in it.

Edited by darkestboy, Apr 15, 2012 @ 9:49 AM.

FoolishWanderer

FoolishWanderer

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 8:37 AM

So my parents like British crime shows. In order to fill the void, they sometimes buy DVD sets sight unseen. Not so long ago, my dad unearthed a set of Campion DVDs, starring Peter Davison. Get a load of the description! Is is just me, or would you call that trying too hard or what?

Look how quirky it is! Bryan Fuller eat your heart out! S2 is no better.

Dad said he could only make it through about ten minutes. Not only was the description trying too hard, the actual show was really boring. Now there's a bitter irony for you. Thank god PD got better shows both before and after.

D.C.

D.C.

Stalker

Posted Apr 21, 2012 @ 3:28 PM

If they like Davison and they like British crime shows, tell them to look for "The Last Detective." Georgia Moffett appears prominently in one of the later episodes.

FoolishWanderer

FoolishWanderer

Fanatic

Posted Apr 21, 2012 @ 4:48 PM

Yeah, they watched that when it was on.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 9:14 AM

Channel 5 in the UK are airing a Ben Hur on Saturday at 6.05pm that has Alex Kingston, Marc Warren and Hugh Bonneville in it while next Tuesday, Frances Barber, Indira Varma and Phil Davis are in the second season of Silk, 9pm on BBC1.

quentin312002

quentin312002

Fanatic

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 11:16 PM

I was re-watching the series 'Cracker', which of course had Christopher Eccleston and I just watched the episode 'Best Boys' with John Simm. I had forgotten about the show but it was probably the first thing I had seen either actors in. Or at least John Simm, he looks like a kid in it.
BB doesn't really go through any new territory for the show. It had a couple themes they really already covered in series before it. But John Simm and Liam Cunningham were really great as two of the most sympathetic villains they ever had IMO.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=UvUfIdTVdY0

Edited by quentin312002, May 17, 2012 @ 8:20 PM.

Blue Castle

Blue Castle

Fanatic

Posted May 13, 2012 @ 6:20 PM

The Pirates!, with David Tennant playing a somewhat conniving and unhappy Charles Darwin, is really fun. Martin Freeman also has a big part, and Hugh Grant has maybe his best role to date.

Edited by Blue Castle, May 13, 2012 @ 6:20 PM.

HoneyBee

HoneyBee

Stalker

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 1:06 PM

Karen Gillan is asking for a job. She wants to be on Community.

Give it to her!

ElymianDucat

ElymianDucat

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 4:00 PM

Seconded!

Adararose

Adararose

Fanatic

Posted May 24, 2012 @ 5:20 PM

Just saw Christopher Eccleston in Antigone at the National Theatre. He plays an a**hole (Creon) really convincingly.

zombygirl

zombygirl

Fanatic

Posted Jun 4, 2012 @ 1:40 AM

I just watched part of Womb with Matt Smith. It was...disturbing.

Also watched Never Let Me Go the other night starring Sally Sparrow from Blink, which depressed the hell out of me.

That was a very weird night.

Peplow146

Peplow146

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 4, 2012 @ 8:26 AM

Also saw her in Never Let Me Go felt the same way depressed instead of just doing a good love triangle story they made it over complicated. She got a better ending in Blink. Least at the end she was alive and had a buissness to run and a possible boyfreind.

quentin312002

quentin312002

Fanatic

Posted Jun 4, 2012 @ 11:06 AM

I can't believe people are forgetting that 'Never Let Me Go' has TWO DW connections. Andrew Garfield who played Frank in 'Daleks of Manhattan' and 'Evolution of the Daleks' is part of that love triangle.

Nuallain

Nuallain

Fanatic

Posted Jun 5, 2012 @ 6:05 AM

More than that, one of the classmates was also one of the children in The Beast Below.

Edsel Love

Edsel Love

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 10, 2012 @ 9:51 PM

Congratulations to James Cordon (Craig) for his Tony Award win: Best Actor, Leading Role in a Play!

Nuallain

Nuallain

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2012 @ 3:12 AM

Noel (Mickey Smith) Clarke's new BritFlick, "Fast Girls", is just about to come out.

It features Clarke as the coach of the British Olympic Relay Team trying to manage the tensions between rich daddy's girl, and established team star, Lisa and the rising star from the wrong side of the tracks played by Lenona Crichlow (Annie from Being Human). Support comes from the team's object-of-their-affection physio (Arthur off Merlin, Lisa's overbearing Dad (Rupert Graves - who's appearing in DW S7 and is Lestrade in Sherlock).

Kess

Kess

Fanatic

Posted Jun 14, 2012 @ 2:18 AM

Did you catch Cpt Jack ringing bells for the diamond Jubilee? Check his site, he was on the boat in fornt of the Queen ringing bells all day. He has lots of clips in his website.

SVNBob

SVNBob

Fanatic

Posted Jun 14, 2012 @ 3:42 AM

Did you catch Cpt Jack ringing bells for the diamond Jubilee?

Which means that someone out there needs to put a bell in Tennant's hand in the "Barrowman!" gif (based on Tennant's hosting gig on Buzzcocks.)

Nuallain

Nuallain

Fanatic

Posted Jun 14, 2012 @ 7:59 AM

Noel Clarke's been a busy boy. The trailer for the latest film he's written/directed/starred in is now out. This time it's an SF horror film in a distinctly Alienesque vein, seeing the staff of a storage unit facility trapped with a ramaging, murderous creature after the mysterious crash of a cargo plane near their building.

Storage 24 Trailer

Pooki

Pooki

Fanatic

Posted Jun 25, 2012 @ 10:37 AM

It features Clarke as the coach of the British Olympic Relay Team trying to manage the tensions between rich daddy's girl, and established team star, Lisa and the rising star from the wrong side of the tracks played by Lenona Crichlow (Annie from Being Human)

Lenora Crichlow's been in Doctor Who too - she played Cheen, one of the couple who kidnapped Martha in 'Gridlock.'

Went to see the play The Last Of The Hausmanns at the National Theatre that starred Helen McCrory (Roseanna from 'The Vampires of Venice'). Really good play - McCrory and Julie Walters (how has she never been in Doctor Who?) are both excellent in it.

I've been catching up the series of short BBC films all set in Margate, True Love, on iPlayer that have quite a few Doctor Who alumni in them. David Tennant (Ten of course) plays a married man tempted by an old flame in one, Billie Piper (Rose Tyler) plays a schoolteacher in another, and David Morrissey (Jackson Lake in 'The Next Doctor') plays a divorced taxi driver in yet another. Gemma Chan (Mia in 'The Waters Of Mars') is in one too.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Jul 2, 2012 @ 9:10 AM

David Tennant and Arthur Darvill are in a new Chris Chibnall drama for ITV called Broadchurch, details here

Pooki

Pooki

Fanatic

Posted Jul 3, 2012 @ 8:12 AM

Christopher Eccleston (Ten) is the lead in a new political thriller series called Blackout on BBC 1 (the first part aired last night). He stars alongside Dervla Kirwan (Mercy Hartigan from 'The Next Doctor').

WyKnott

WyKnott

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 5, 2012 @ 3:41 PM

Marc Warren (Elton - Love & Monsters) will play Kalinda's ex-husband on The Good Wife.