Doctor Who in the Media

• Please log in to reply

3592 replies to this topic

pellenaka

pellenaka

Fanatic

Posted May 28, 2012 @ 4:30 PM

Hmm....well, it's not the RIGHT Doctor, and it's in Cardiff, not London, but maybe it's enough to satisfy the fixed point in time? I hope so!

Ten can still make it - he completed the run and lit the Olympic Flame so there's still time.

In other news, Matt Smith and Benedict Cumberbatch presented a BAFTA Special Award to Steven Moffat last night. Includes clips from Moffat's shows, including Doctor Who (both Ten and Eleven).

December13

December13

Couch Potato

Posted May 29, 2012 @ 12:38 PM

Matt, Karen and Arthur intoduce Doctors new Cardiff home

Radagast

Radagast

Fanatic

Posted Jun 5, 2012 @ 9:58 PM

Five Doctors, no waiting!

December13

December13

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 7, 2012 @ 10:03 AM

Amelia Pond interview ... Caitlin Blackwood is such a sweetheart.

Nuallain

Nuallain

Fanatic

Posted Jun 21, 2012 @ 7:36 AM

It's reported today that Caroline John, who played Dr.Elizabeth Shaw, companion to Three in season seven (1970) has died. She was 72.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Jun 21, 2012 @ 8:12 AM

Just read that on Digital Spy, RIP Caroline. Sad news.

avid_reader

avid_reader

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 22, 2012 @ 1:56 PM

On the BritList's Top 20 Sexiest, one of the places was taken up by (female) Doctor Who companions. They did stills of some of the older (from the past) companions and snippets and pics of all of the new (from Rose on) companions EXCEPT for Catherine Tate. They specifically showed and talked about all of the new companions except for her. It was honestly insulting.

HoneyBee

HoneyBee

Stalker

Posted Jun 22, 2012 @ 4:35 PM

Doctor Who RPG

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Jul 1, 2012 @ 2:58 PM

Comic-Con 2012

Sunday, July 15!

12:30-1:30 BBC America's Doctor Who— The Doctor and the Ponds land in San Diego. BBC America's Doctor Who stars Matt Smith, Karen Gillan, and Arthur Darvill join award-winning lead writer and executive producer Steven Moffat (Sherlock) and award-winning executive producer Caroline Skinner (The Fades) for a Comic-Con panel and Q&A. As fans eagerly await the new season's premiere, BBC America is making sure Steven Moffat brings new footage to reveal on the big screens in Hall H. Ahead of the new season, BBC America will premiere new Doctor Who specials-The Science of Doctor Who, The Women of Doctor Who, The Timey-Wimey Stuff of Doctor Who, and The Destinations of Doctor Who-as part of the Supernatural Saturday programming block starting Saturday, August 4 at 9pm/8c. For those new to Who, the previous two seasons from Steven Moffat are available now on Blu-ray, DVD, and digital download. Hall H

December13

December13

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 2, 2012 @ 3:47 PM

Why is Doctor Who Perfect TV

HoneyBee

HoneyBee

Stalker

Posted Jul 8, 2012 @ 5:10 AM

Inspector Spacetime (Doctor Who Spoof) Official Trailer

If you've ever watched the NBC TV show Community, you probably recall the episode when Inspector SpaceTime made his debut. The Inspector - played by Travis Richey - was initially meant to spoof the popular BBC show Doctor Who. However, after his stint on Community, Richey apparently decided to make a web series based on his character.

Unfortunately, that didn't sit too well with NBC, as the network owns the name Inspector SpaceTime along with the visage of the character. When NBC found out Richey had kicked off production on the series based on the character, it sent the actor a cease and desist letter. After receiving the letter, Richey decided to simply change the name and the likeness of the character and move on. So rather than being titled [s]Inspector SpaceTime[/s], the show is currently dubbed "Untitled Web Series About a Space Traveler Who Can Also Travel Through Time." Quite a mouthful isn't it?

There is no indication of when the original episodes of the web series will premiere, but you can check out the official trailer above until then.

Edited by HoneyBee, Jul 8, 2012 @ 5:11 AM.

Radagast

Radagast

Fanatic

Posted Jul 15, 2012 @ 6:04 PM

Two videos from Comic-Con:

John Barrowman interviews the cast for G4

Zachary Levi has a 45-minute session with the cast at Nerd HQ

Gwendolyn

Gwendolyn

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 25, 2012 @ 8:59 PM

Well this cover explains why ew.com was polling readers on their favorite Doctor a little while back. Can't wait to see the whole article.

jcin617

jcin617

Fanatic

Posted Jul 26, 2012 @ 2:29 PM

Mary Tamm, who played Romana 1, passed away.

O2Sean

O2Sean

Stalker

Posted Jul 30, 2012 @ 8:50 PM

I bought the EW with the Doctor Who story. Can't say I was that interested, as it mostly felt like PR (Moffat is a genius, Amy is a beloved companion), and I wish they'd addressed some of the problems the show has had in the last few years, but I did enjoy hearing some of the quotes from the Doctor Who fans in TV. I never knew Shonda Rhimes was such a fan.

David Tennant swamped the poll. I still think he'd probably have a strong career in the US with enough time.

Radagast

Radagast

Fanatic

Posted Aug 6, 2012 @ 11:48 AM

He's actually played the Doctor himself, unofficially, on two occasions (the 1999 parody the Curse of Fatal Death and the 2003 webcast Scream of the Shalka), but now Richard E. Grant will guest star (in a yet-unnamed role) in the Christmas special this year.

furrylump

furrylump

Fanatic

Posted Aug 8, 2012 @ 2:16 PM

Okay, I am not liking the new promo picture. Did they have to make Amy into as much of a victim as possible?

GeekWorld

GeekWorld

Just Tuned In

Posted Aug 9, 2012 @ 1:50 AM

Hey fellow Doctor Who fans! So this isn't traditional media but we thought you might be interested in the first episode of our YouTube show, it's all about Doctor Who and has interview clips with Matt Smith, Karen Gillan, Arthur Darvill, Steven Moffat, and Caroline Skinner. Hope you like it.
http://www.youtube.c...m8&feature=plcp

SVNBob

SVNBob

Fanatic

Posted Aug 9, 2012 @ 5:48 AM

Another new addition to Twitter: @SylvesterMcCoy

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Aug 9, 2012 @ 7:46 AM

Doctor Who Gets A Biopic

call me ishmael

call me ishmael

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 9, 2012 @ 12:41 PM

Okay, I am not liking the new promo picture. Did they have to make Amy into as much of a victim as possible?

I'm thinking that it might be a misdirection given the trailer. I have a feeling that she is the one who destroyed the Daleks and is just exhausted.

furrylump

furrylump

Fanatic

Posted Aug 9, 2012 @ 11:22 PM

I've wondered that too, but IMO even if it's true it doesn't change my complaint about the promotional photo, which just makes her look like the victim. Obviously that image would be out-of-context, but promotional photos and other advertising are supposed to be, aren't they? They're not so much aimed at people who've already seen the show.

December13

December13

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 16, 2012 @ 2:25 PM

Interview with Matt about Dr's return and Asylum of the Daleks

Blue Castle

Blue Castle

Fanatic

Posted Aug 23, 2012 @ 12:39 AM

I was just catching up on this thread and read this. Very sad. I haven't watched much classic Who, but I watched all of the Key of Time stories just because I liked her so much. She was terrific.

WAnglais1

WAnglais1

Fanatic

Posted Aug 27, 2012 @ 8:08 AM

I was just catching up on this thread and read this. Very sad. I haven't watched much classic Who, but I watched all of the Key of Time stories just because I liked her so much. She was terrific.

Also, a few hours after Mary's funeral, her husband passed from a heart attack. Very sad.

December13

December13

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 27, 2012 @ 10:50 AM

Pond Life!!! (part 1) Prequel to Dr Who.

December13

December13

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 28, 2012 @ 2:02 PM

Pond life, part 2

December13

December13

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 30, 2012 @ 1:44 PM

Pond life, part 3 and part 4 are here!

Haveahabit

Haveahabit

Fanatic

Posted Aug 31, 2012 @ 1:53 AM

They're wonderful. I need an Ood. I wouldn't feel guilty.

December13

December13

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 31, 2012 @ 1:34 PM

And last Pond life is here! It's... I wanted happy prequels! Damn you, Moffat!!!

Edited by December13, Aug 31, 2012 @ 1:35 PM.