Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

3 replies to this topic

gregg247

gregg247

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 3, 2006 @ 1:18 AM

I was browsing through Costco today and found one of my all-time favorite shows, VttBotS, for sale! My sister and I used to watch this every afternoon when we were kids. I mainly remember that the submarine had the biggest air vents in the world, and the bad guys were always hiding in them. How can you lose someone on a sub?! Look in the air vents! lol

I built a home-made model of the Seaview when I was a kid, using an old light fixture, some drinking straws, and paper machete. It looked pretty cool. I even painted some army men to look like Lee and Admiral Nelson and glued them in place inside.

The DVD is only the first half of Season 1, but, if I remember right, that was the best year, as they fought spies and Communists and such. It was later seasons where they had wizards and space aliens.

Emeraldfire

Emeraldfire

Fanatic

Posted Mar 3, 2006 @ 3:25 AM

I have a vague recollection of this show as well from my childhood in the 60's. So many nostalgia trips are able to be taken with the boom in DVDs.

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Feb 19, 2012 @ 7:51 AM

I noticed that MEtv is playing eps of this show on Saturday nights, after their creature-feature rip-off.

Actionmage

Actionmage

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2013 @ 12:29 AM

I have stayed up, after Svengoolie for the soothing, predictable cheese of this gloriusly cheesy Irwin Allen effort. After a classic piece of cheese, you get a Technicolor flavor and I can usually sleep pretty soundly afterwards.

I have decided that the time machine I need to build will have to save Chief Sharkey, Kowalski, and Chip. There's no way to break the bromance of The Admiral and The Captain. There is an episode where the nutty scientist du jour, who's after a seaweed monster, ends up on an "impossible island" with the Admiral and the Chief. There's some kind of gas that makes the trio hallucinate. Of course, Admiral Nelson hallucinates Lee, duh.

The hubby got caught up in last week's episode, one with rock men- that is men-shaped rock creatures. I walked by, saw Kowalski with a bud in sickbay. Kowalski was working really hard to cheer his friend up, but the Emily Litella-esque reactions and the coverage of one of his arms tipped me: dude was infected and his arm was already rock.

It was a great goofy adventure show.