Little People Big World

• Please log in to reply

10857 replies to this topic

ShortyMac

ShortyMac

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 4, 2012 @ 6:54 PM

So where is Molly going to college? I wouldn't hold it against her if she faked her death and went underground.

Matt or Amy said on Facebook awhile back that Molly was going to Whitworth University, a Christian college in Spokane, WA (6.5 hours away from her home by car). $33,676 a year for 2012-13 (school website doesn't say anything about adding fees to non-Washington residents).

http://en.wikipedia....orth_University

mythoughtis

mythoughtis

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 4, 2012 @ 6:59 PM

In terms of the Australia special: Could we get any more scripted? It was obvious that TLC picked the location... no way Amy would habe passively set there and let Matt make the choice and just announce it that way. And, it was just a commercial for Australia tourism bureau. Bet that scrapbook was a class assignment for Jeremy.

Nice to see all the kids growing up (note to Amy: only two of your children are older than teenagers, why do you keep going on like you have NO children left at home). Poor Jake - always ignored. Wonder what Molly has done to make Amy mad, Molly used to be her favorite.

Still getting fake marriage vibes from Amy and Matt.

Glad to see Zach was the first one to bring a date on a family trip. He seems so much happier now. He strikes me as one of those really quiet types that really do turn out well at your 15th high school reunion. Jeremy, not so much.

PolkaDotty

PolkaDotty

Fanatic

Posted Sep 4, 2012 @ 8:14 PM

Still getting fake marriage vibes from Amy and Matt.

That house is big enough that Matt and Amy can live separate lives. I doubt they would divorce as long as the show continues (Kate Gosselin became 1000% more unlikeable after the split). And if the show doesn't continue, who is going to want to buy Amy's cookbook?

ZoloftBlob

ZoloftBlob

Fanatic

Posted Sep 4, 2012 @ 8:26 PM

That house is big enough that Matt and Amy can live separate lives. I doubt they would divorce as long as the show continues

My guess is when Amy's nest is officially empty (as opposed to how Amy has whined since the twins were juniors in high school) that they will divorce.

Googzuki

Googzuki

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 4, 2012 @ 9:32 PM

But do the Australian hotels carry Matt's stool?

ZoloftBlob

ZoloftBlob

Fanatic

Posted Sep 4, 2012 @ 9:39 PM

Heh, do any hotels carry Matt's stool?

Absolom

Absolom

Fanatic

Posted Sep 5, 2012 @ 10:01 PM

The latest special did well enough for them to hang around awhile longer.

1.479 million viewers, 0.641 million adults 18-49, 0.5 rating

chainey

chainey

Fanatic

Posted Sep 5, 2012 @ 10:07 PM

I don't want to hear about Matt's stool.

MrsClaus

MrsClaus

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 5, 2012 @ 8:25 PM

I see Reality TV World is reporting that the Roloffs will be coming back with a new show called "Little People Big World: Wedding Farm" and there will initially be 6 one hour episodes.

Seriously, they are going to try and start a wedding business?!?

katycat74

katycat74

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 5, 2012 @ 9:34 PM

http://www.celebuzz....enue-exclusive/

Little People, Big World fans, if you’ve been craving more of the Roloffs, we have huge news for you.

Celebuzz can report exclusively that the Roloffs are coming back to the network with a new weekly series, Little People, Big World: Wedding Farm, premiering its first of six one hour episodes on Tuesday, Nov. 13 at 9 PM on TLC.

Produced by Gay Rosenthal Productions, the new series follows Matt Roloff and his wife, Amy Roloff, as they embark on a new wedding venue business in which they restore a barn on part of the additional 75 acres of land viewers watched them purchase on their Oregon farm on a recent special.

I'd like to know who was craving more of the Roloffs.....

wellwhaddyaknow

wellwhaddyaknow

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 5, 2012 @ 9:37 PM

Gee, not me, katycat!!!
I wonder what hijinks will ensue. Will Amy be making wedding cakes? Will Jeremy be the official photographer? Will someone forget the tablecloths and find them at the very last minute??

ZoloftBlob

ZoloftBlob

Fanatic

Posted Oct 5, 2012 @ 9:37 PM

Well, Jeremy needs to get a few wedding gigs in if he's ever going to work for someone other than his daddy. Oh wait...

Ironically, from just a business point of view,I've always wondered why they didn't do weddings but with both Matt and Amy in separate episodes telling us how they don't like strangers invading the farm... oh wait, this is the farm next door...

Really, I just don't want to hear any member of the Roloff family snot off how they are only on tv for educational purposes. This stopped being about little people awareness years ago. The only positive to this is that they're apparently letting the kids off the hook on appearences. Matt and Amy doing weddings... seriously, isn't that a snooze?

Absolom

Absolom

Fanatic

Posted Oct 6, 2012 @ 12:38 AM

Maybe it will be at least half or more about the weddings themselves and the people involved? I can hope but with Matt involved it will probably need to revolve around him.

Luv2Soap

Luv2Soap

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 7, 2012 @ 1:29 PM

Lets see... We have 2 kids that are still at home and of the two left, one close to marrying age with a girlfriend that is continually on air. I can see what's coming.

Willowsmom

Willowsmom

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 8, 2012 @ 2:11 PM

What are the chances of the brides getting what they want and not what Matt wants? I'd say no very high.

Absolom

Absolom

Fanatic

Posted Oct 8, 2012 @ 2:25 PM

Glimpses of a wedding filmed for the Roloffs weddings show. I bet Matt had a wonderful time with the volcano.

CarolMK

CarolMK

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 8, 2012 @ 8:20 PM

For some reason, I have a hunch that this is not going to do well, especially since they are going to be one hour specials. Most people who watch wedding shows like to see the actual people involved, and with Matt and Amy appearing throughout the whole show, giving their opinions...I don't know. It sounds like it'll go the way Kate plus 8 did after Jon was fired from the show, they continued it for awhile, but the reinvention of the series wasn't good enough to hold viewers interest.

ZoloftBlob

ZoloftBlob

Fanatic

Posted Oct 8, 2012 @ 8:58 PM

Well, based on the clip here - http://www.celebuzz....enue-exclusive/

It suggests that at least one of these episodes will be about Matt and Amy arguing over it and the work it takes to stage the barn. Since this is involving a remodel and road building, they can milk that for two episodes of Matt shouting "all hands on deck".

They don't seem to be advertising the wedding business at all. I wonder how many of these "weddings" were origanally trying out for the various wedding shows TLC runs.

Is it just me or did Matt seem to be slurring a lot in the vid?

Absolom

Absolom

Fanatic

Posted Oct 8, 2012 @ 9:16 PM

Part of the video Matt sounded to me like he was slurring or like he had developed a speech impediment from dental work or something.

FinePoint

FinePoint

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 9, 2012 @ 12:35 AM

His enunciation sounded off to me, too. This wedding gig thing he's got going...figures he would come up with another scheme to keep the TLC cameras on the place.

Lucygirl2

Lucygirl2

Fanatic

Posted Oct 27, 2012 @ 8:55 AM

Just found out about this new show. I am all for a good trainwreck but I think I will have to pass on this one. It takes people with organization skills to plan a wedding & going off the state of the Roloff house, they don't have them. Any Bride/Groom that would put their wedding in the hands of these people just for 5 minutes of fame can't be right in the head.

It is time for the Roloff's to get off television. These two people clearly hate each other, just file for divorce already. Staying together until all the children are grown is ridiculous, they all know you can't stand each other.

SheliaShay

SheliaShay

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 27, 2012 @ 9:35 AM

It is time for the Roloff's to get off television. These two people clearly hate each other,

So absolutely true! However, these two are financially tied to each other as well as the television cameras. They will never separate or divorce until they are absolutely positively certain they have milked the last bit of money possible from the television cameras.

I hadn't heard of this program before today, so I'm guessing it hasn't aired yet? I confess I might watch the first episode just so I know where they are getting the victims, I mean, customers who let these two have a hand in their wedding.

FinePoint

FinePoint

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 27, 2012 @ 9:36 AM

In response to SheliaShay, it hasn't started yet. I believe the start date for this new series is Nov 13.

ZoloftBlob

ZoloftBlob

Fanatic

Posted Oct 27, 2012 @ 9:47 AM

Lucygirl - I hear you but don't back away. I think it will be a marvelous trainwreck.

Rumor has it that the wedding business isn't even a real business because of various code and land issues - if you look around, aside from the weddings specifically filmed for this show, there's been no weddings. There is no advertising out there to indicate that you can hire the Roloffs and their farm for your wedding and apparently guests had to use porta potties which means the place isn't really set up to accomadate a large wedding venue. (sorry but at my wedding, I want the venue to be one where I am not shitting in an outhouse) So basically, no, they aren't actually running a wedding business, they're doing weddings *for the tv show* and the bride and groom are likely being comped by TLC - TLC who probably has lots of applicants for its various wedding shows anyway. Considering that people can and do plan a wedding up to year in advance, and there's no advertising for this supposed business, my thinking is that the Roloffs only do weddings when TLC wants to film them doing weddings... which means this is all about Matt and Amy struggling to stay on tv.

And you know, provide Jeremy with a few hits on the resume as "wedding photographer". ;)

Absolom

Absolom

Fanatic

Posted Oct 27, 2012 @ 10:08 AM

What another sham! TLC is becoming more fake every year. Since Breaking Amish which has lied to the audience from day one is doing so well, TLC probably feels completely justified in recruiting for and staging weddings at the Roloffs second farm. I guess for the couples they might see it as a good thing. It's probably a free or close to free wedding and they get their 15 seconds of fame.

Lucygirl2

Lucygirl2

Fanatic

Posted Oct 27, 2012 @ 10:54 AM

I think I will stick this on my DVR.... I have the a whole in my trainwreck viewing since I decided to take RHoNJ off of it permanently.

What bothers me about Matt & Amy (& the kids somewhat) is they have this beautiful home & property & the house just looks trashed 99% of the time. And it really burns my ass when people have animals but don't care for them properly.

chainey

chainey

Fanatic

Posted Oct 27, 2012 @ 10:54 AM

I'm surprised that TLC hasn't done a special for she who will not be named. I like the idea of up-date specials for families that have been staples on this channel even if they are phony story lines. I never watch the new shows anyway but in the morning have this channel on in background and HATE all the baby shows that have crept into the 7am hour. So more crazy family shows are good with me.

What bothers me about Matt & Amy (& the kids somewhat) is they have this beautiful home & property & the house just looks trashed 99% of the time. And it really burns my ass when people have animals but don't care for them properly.

I always wonder way if the outside looks rather nice and imagine they have plenty of help with property upkeep why Amy doesn't get help on the inside. I'd be embarrassed to have guests in my home let alone cameras documenting my mess. It boggles that they can watch the show and not get someone in to help them at least while they film. And I agree with the posters who think they would be lousy at wedding planning. The handy guy who died seemed to be the heart of the family biz.

Edited by chainey, Oct 27, 2012 @ 11:07 AM.

buggeroff

buggeroff

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 27, 2012 @ 9:02 PM

Matt Roloff is the dwarf punkin farmer version of Sarah Winchester.Just buildy,build,building to keep the grim reaper away without a second thought how it affects anyone else around him.He's a bully.

camom

camom

Fanatic

Posted Oct 28, 2012 @ 10:19 PM

Matt and Amy won't get a divorce because neither one of them would want to give up half of the community property. I think they are married, but only on paper--they live separate lives except when the cameras are rolling.

Staleepisode

Staleepisode

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 29, 2012 @ 4:00 PM

So what happened to "punkin" season?