• Please log in to reply

826 replies to this topic

Julie615

Julie615

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 4, 2012 @ 6:07 PM

From Ausiello

Question: How will Meredith deal with Lexie's death on Grey's Anatomy? —BP

Ausiello: She deals with it by throwing herself into her work — and taking a hard line with the fresh crop of interns. "I don't know if she's angrier or meaner, but she's a lot more no-nonsense," explains exec producer Shonda Rhimes. "She doesn't have a lot of patience for less than perfect. She's very good at what she does, and after her experience in the woods, takes saving lives very, very seriously." Mer won't be in denial forever though. Rhimes tells me that there's a "lovely episode" coming up where Mer is forced to deal with the loss. "We sort of build to the idea where Meredith, who tends to clamp down because that's her way, finally has a moment when she really mourns."

Edited by Julie615, Sep 4, 2012 @ 6:07 PM.

Have At It

Have At It

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 5, 2012 @ 2:51 AM

Hey Natalie, what did you learn from your Grey's Anatomy set visit, specifically about Christina and Owen? —Selma via Twitter
NATALIE: Cristina will not handle the crash well, with Kevin McKidd calling her "deranged, crazy" and likening her to a "wild animal." "Owen's feeling very helpless and very out of control," he tells us. "It's going to be Owen striving to win her back... they're definitely the damaged couple, but they seem destined to be together."

http://www.tvguide.c...rs-1052632.aspx

Julie615

Julie615

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 6, 2012 @ 12:17 PM

From TV Line

PREVIOUSLY ON GREY'S ANATOMY: Lexie died and Derek, Meredith, Cristina, Arizona and Mark remained stranded in the aftermath of the plane crash. Back at Seattle Grace, Teddy resigned, Bailey and Ben got engaged, and Jackson and Alex accepted positions at Tulane and Johns Hopkins, respectively.

COMING UP NEXT: The premiere, which picks up several months after Lexie's death, will quickly answer two questions: Who survived the crash (Derek, Mer and Cristina are safe, a confirmed-to-exit Mark and an in-limbo Arizona remain question marks) and which of the docs actually followed through on those new job opportunities. "You come back to discover that a lot of them are having a hard time, even the ones who stayed [at Seattle Grace]," reveals series creator Shonda Rhimes. "All of our interns are now attendings so they're all in new circumstances." Rhimes has dubbed Season 9 the Year of Romance, a theme she confirms will extend to Dere/Mer and, believe it or not, Cristina/Owen. "They're going to find their way back to one another, but it's going to be a long journey," she warns of the latter, fractured pair. "I want everyone to be clear on that."

Elsewhere, this season's second episode will flash back to shed new light on what happened immediately following the plane crash, and Alex will at long last find a love with "somebody who doesn't leave him for once."

TVLINE BONUS SPOILER With Mark out of the picture, Derek will be in the market for a new BFF. Who will fill that void? "Derek and Callie become very good friends," reveals Rhimes. "When we come back we see that they have become very good friends; they spent a lot of time together in the intervening months."

Edited by Julie615, Sep 6, 2012 @ 12:18 PM.

WindSprints

WindSprints

Stalker

Posted Sep 7, 2012 @ 11:16 AM

TVLine: Matt's Inside Line

Grey’s Anatomy | Is this woman, at right, the one with which Alex will, as Shonda Rhimes previewed, find “real love with,” “somebody who doesn’t leave him for once”? Make no mistake, I am 115-percent spit-balling with that opening line, but it does pave the way for me to introduce you to Jerrika Hinton, who ABC has confirmed will recur during Season 9 as a Seattle Grace intern. (Hinton blogged a photo of herself on set.) The actress’ credits include guest-starring turns on Season 1 of Rhimes’ Scandal, as well as Bones and Lie to Me.

Julie615

Julie615

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 11, 2012 @ 5:11 PM

From Ausiello

Question: Will Alex's love interest on Grey's Anatomy be an existing character or someone new? —Delaney

Ausiello: She'll definitely be someone new (perhaps this beauty?). But the longtime bachelor has a few more personal demons to exorcise before he meets The One. "In the aftermath of being the person who was supposed to be on the plane but who didn't get on the plane, Alex has filled the void that he had been feeling in his life with a lot of sex with a lot of people," reveals Rhimes. "And he really paints himself into a corner."

Question: What's with the lockdown on Grey's Anatomy spoilers pertaining to Arizona? Is Shonda Rhimes attempting to build suspense by staying mum? —Dorcas

Ausiello: As Rhimes explained it to me, she would prefer the audience go on the character's "really interesting journey" with fresh eyes "as opposed to already knowing what's going to happen. It's one of the journeys that I'm most proud of. The acting has been incredible. We just want to let it be what it is."

Question: I'm very excited by the prospect of a Derek-Callie friendship this season on Grey's Anatomy. What exactly brings them together? —Eric

Ausiello: The "shared experience" of the crash, per Rhimes, who notes, "Even though Callie wasn't in the crash herself, they both experienced some pretty traumatic things because of it. Also, Callie is going to be working in a pretty interesting way to fix Derek's hand."

Edited by Julie615, Sep 11, 2012 @ 5:14 PM.

elenaxx

elenaxx

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 12, 2012 @ 4:26 AM

From the Twitter account of Christie Ly

Grey's Anatomy filming in front of my building this morning. Set up cafe scene & "Betsy's Coffee" cart

Here's the scene from [s]#[/s]GreysAnatomy shoot today in DowntownLA. Supposed to a cafe scene with car jumped up on curb

Ellen Pompeo on the scene now, helping trapped bicyclist under car

Sandra Oh News titles that SO too was there, but Christie Ly denies having seen her:

Selma Anne ‏[s]@[/s]Cinderoni[s] @[/s]ChristieCLy Thanks for posting your pictures of the GA set. Did you see Sandra Oh at all, there?
[s]@[/s]Cinderoni No, no Sandra. Wasn't even sure I'd see any of the main characters but happy I saw Mer

Here are the pictures (this is my first spoiler, if something in posting is wrong feel free to edit!)
https://pbs.twimg.co...AZ_vq.jpg:large
https://pbs.twimg.co...Em4bf.jpg:large
https://pbs.twimg.co...Aqru3.jpg:large

WindSprints

WindSprints

Stalker

Posted Sep 15, 2012 @ 10:42 AM

EW Spoiler Room:

‘GREY’S ANATOMY’: QUICK HITS FROM KEVIN MCKIDD
True story: I adore Kevin McKidd. Not only is he a hard-working guy — currently, he’s editing the fourth episode of the season, which he directed — but he’s a massively good teaser. And while I’m going to wait to share our full convo with you, here are some really tasty bits from our chat. (And, yes, this is a totally mean way for me to do this. But, you have to admit, it’s also a little fun — for me):
SG: Is the cheating issue from last season still hanging over Owen and Cristina this season?
KM: I think we’ve kind of blown past that in a way because the cataclysmic events of what happened, especially everything with Cristina. It’s going to come back and affect Owen as well — even though he wasn’t on the plane. In retrospect, it’s going to come back and really affect him in a big way too and in a way that we don’t expect.
SG: We know that not all of the doctors are going to be working at Seattle Grace in the first episode (which is a flashforward). Obviously you can’t say who, but is it safe to assume that Owen and Christina are still in the same place working on these issues together?
KM: That is not safe to assume…[truncated]
SG: Let’s talk about the flashbacks.
KM: I can’t really say too much because that would be giving stuff away. Flashbacks are featured heavily in episode two and may appear in other ones.
SG: Did any of the characters reactions to the crash surprise you?
KM:…the writers have kind of turned everything on its head and under duress and under stress people do act in a way out of character…

WindSprints

WindSprints

Stalker

Posted Sep 20, 2012 @ 5:42 PM

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Grey's Anatomy, CSI, Fringe, Hawaii Five-0, NCIS: LA and More!

Grey’s Anatomy | While there has been much talk about how Eric Dane’s imminent departure will affect the women (left) in Mark Sloan’s life – namely, daughter Sofia and baby momma Callie – his absence will trigger a shift among the gents, too. “Owen and Derek definitely start to lean on each other more,” Kevin McKidd shared with TVLine during Ausiello’s visit to the ABC drama’s set. “Owen needs a friend and so does Derek, so in the first few episodes they do check in with each other quite a bit. And it’s nice to see that friendship flourish.” Especially since Owen is still dealing with his fractured marriage, while Derek copes with a fractured hand. “Guys, being guys, are not great at talking all the time — they’re not like the ladies on the show, sitting around pouring out their feelings,” McKidd notes, “but [Owen and Derek] do have some moments that they share where they are both at in a very real way.”

WindSprints

WindSprints

Stalker

Posted Sep 24, 2012 @ 2:14 PM

'Grey's Anatomy' season 9 spoilers: Update on April and Jackson

WindSprints

WindSprints

Stalker

Posted Sep 26, 2012 @ 5:19 PM

Grey's Anatomy Scoops: Crisis For 'Calzona,' Mer/Cristina Ep Intel, Owen's New Foil and More!

WindSprints

WindSprints

Stalker

Posted Oct 1, 2012 @ 9:23 AM

Spoiler Chat:

Penny in New York: The Grey's Anatomy premiere killed me! What's next?
Now we get in a group hug and sob over the loss of McSteamy. But life goes on, so now would be a good time to tell you that based on this character description, Grey's is looking for a female McSteamy replacement. A new doctor will be joining the team, and she is described as brilliant and charismatic with dark hair. Sound familiar? And this new doc could be at Seattle Grace for longer than just a couple episodes. But don't get too attached...we all know what happens when you fall in love with someone on Grey's Anatomy. (Sob!)

Crystelle

Crystelle

Fanatic

Posted Nov 13, 2012 @ 8:45 PM

Ask Ausiello

Question: Do you have any Jackson and April/Grey’s Anatomy scoop? They’re my new favorite couple! —Lucy Ausiello: I have it on semi-good authority that when the new year rolls around McBabyBlues will be schtupping someone whose name is not April — leading me to believe the on-again/off-again colleagues will be off again.

Question: I’ll take anything you have on Grey’s Anatomy! If you answer, I’ll make you mint chocolate chip cookies (or just plain chocolate chip if you don’t like mint)! —Samantha
Ausiello: Shonda Rhimes is looking for an actor in his mid-30s to play an EMT (Extremely Mature Totalhottie?) for a three-episode arc. Got casting tips? Theories as to whose bed he’ll end up in? Hit the comments! And re: that extremely generous bribe Sam, I’ll see your mint chocolate chip cookies and raise you a dozen of these bad boys (peanut butter flavor, ideally) delivered to my doorstep.

Edited by Crystelle, Nov 13, 2012 @ 9:24 PM.

WindSprints

WindSprints

Stalker

Posted Nov 14, 2012 @ 8:18 AM

Mega Buzz:

I'm so excited about Ben and Bailey's wedding on Grey's Anatomy! Do you have any details? — Nora
NATALIE: Let's just say getting Bailey actually down the aisle will be a miracle! "It's almost like pulling a tugboat to get her to cooperate, but the thing is happening with or without her, and she's got to get on board with the program at some point," Chandra Wilson says. "Bailey can be distracted very easily, and she's already been married and done it in what she thought was the right way and it failed, so there's a lot of fear going into it again." Look for her to get a kick in the butt from both Cristina and Callie.

WindSprints

WindSprints

Stalker

Posted Nov 16, 2012 @ 12:09 PM

Grey's Anatomy Scoop: Constance Zimmer Scrubs In as… New Love Interest For [Spoiler]?

cycworker

cycworker

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 25, 2012 @ 10:40 PM

Sneak Peek 9.07

Not shown in preview.

WindSprints

WindSprints

Stalker

Posted Dec 6, 2012 @ 10:21 AM

Kristin Spoiler Chat:

Lily: Can you spill anything on Neve Campbell's guest spot on Grey's Anatomy?
Sure can. We were on set while she filmed her second episode (but more on that next week), and while you will certainly see how much her character loves her brother Derek, you'd be surprised to find out that she does not get along with Meredith. Like, at all. And she has a very good reason for butting heads with Derek's wife.

AnitaMC86

AnitaMC86

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 11, 2012 @ 6:43 PM

Ask Ausiello

Question: Big Grey’s Anatomy fan. Tell me you have something good about Meredith and Derek. —Tia
Ausiello: First off, let me tell you something good about Grey’s Anatomy in general — I’ve seen Thursday’s episode and it’s really, really terrific. Best of the season by far. Some highlights: On the eve of her wedding, Bailey’s an emotional basket case — equal parts Tasmanian Devil and Bridezilla; Owen and Cristina face a turning point in their relationship, triggered in part by the arrival of their divorce papers; April and Jackson go to great (read: hilarious) lengths to avoid attending Bailey’s nuptials together; Neve Campbell continues to prove that she was perfectly cast as Derek’s sis; and getting back to your question, Derek and Meredith share one of my favorite scenes together ever — a wholly uneventful husband-and-wifey exchange at the hospital that will make you swoon.

Question: Got any scoop on Grey’s Anatomy, preferably something to do with Callie and Arizona? —NG
Ausiello: I almost forgot! Callie brings Arizona’s 2012 Pity Party World Tour to an abrupt end on Thursday, in the episode’s most rousing moment. You’ll applaud, you’ll laugh, you’ll want to hand Sara Ramirez an Emmy yourself.

Question: Do you have any interesting info on Constance Zimmer’s role on Grey’s Anatomy? —Christina
Ausiello: The theory I put forth last month? Don’t think that’s going to happen.

WindSprints

WindSprints

Stalker

Posted Jan 15, 2013 @ 8:26 PM

Ask Ausiello:

Question: Anything on Grey’s Anatomy? It would really make my day! —Tia
Ausiello: You already know that the survivors strike it rich with the airplane lawsuit in this week’s episode. You also know after watching our exclusive first look clip that Callie is way more excited than the rest of the gang. But what you may not know is that “Callie wants to go out and celebrate,” reveals Ellen Pompeo. “But nobody is really into celebrating because it’s blood money. People died. Arizona lost her leg.” They decide to tag along anyway, leading to “a very awkward dinner,” says Pompeo. “But Callie has her reasons for wanting to celebrate and she explains it at the dinner.”

Crystelle

Crystelle

Fanatic

Posted Jan 28, 2013 @ 9:16 PM

Grey's Anatomy Scoop: Will McBaby Survive?! Shonda Rhimes Weighs In

Grey's Anatomy Scoop: Shonda Rhimes Previews 'Lovely' Mer/Der Story, 'New' Cristina/Owen Crisis! Plus — Is Wilson 'The One' For Alex?!

ETA: EW Spoiler Room

JESSICA CAPSHAW ON GREY’S ANATOMY’S DYNAMIC DUOS
Our Seattle Grace gang has been off in a few different directions these days — getting preggo, wooing interns, getting rich. So when are we going to get a chance to see a few of our favorite pairs of pals back together again?

If my Twitter account is any indication, y’all are missing the fun we used to have watching Arizona and Alex pal around. What you might not know is that Jessica Capshaw misses it as much as we do! “I know, I know. They’re a good pair aren’t they? It’s so funny you say that because I was just thinking about that. We have a table read today and I was wondering if they were going to get back together,” she says. “But I mean everybody is off in all different directions because there’s a lot of us now and a lot of different stories happening and each of us have been busy with different things.”

But while Alex seems to have his hands full wooing what could be his most significant relationship in years, Capshaw reports, Arizona will soon find herself getting reacquainted with another colleague. “There’s more Arizona-Bailey stuff coming up!” she says happily. “I love their dynamic because both of them are so feisty and so unapologetic about thinking they’re right all the time that they’re fun. I love their character stuff.”

In the love department, Capshaw reports that we will continue to see Arizona on the healing path — both physically and mentally — and doing so will definitely help her relationship with Callie get back to full strength as well. “I think they’re back on the road,,” she says.

Edited by Crystelle, Jan 28, 2013 @ 9:24 PM.

Fora

Fora

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 5, 2013 @ 5:55 AM

Grey's Anatomy - Season 9 - Shonda Rhimes says no disasters in season finale

WindSprints

WindSprints

Stalker

Posted Feb 5, 2013 @ 11:14 PM

TV Guide Mega Buzz

Please give us scoop from the Grey's Anatomy set! — Stacie
NATALIE: With the fate of Seattle Grace in jeopardy, it seems only natural that the doctors will fear for their jobs. But just because Dr. Cahill threatened Dr. Webber's employment doesn't mean he's the doctor who'll hit the bricks. But someone else definitely will! Gasp! (It may or may not have to do with the series regulars I talked to on set today!)

Fora

Fora

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 6, 2013 @ 5:44 PM

Grey's Anatomy Season 9: Will Someone Be Fired?

WindSprints

WindSprints

Stalker

Posted Feb 14, 2013 @ 4:21 PM

E! Spoiler Chat:

Cindy: Grey's Anatomy scoop, please!
The ABC hit is currently looking to cast a 10-year-old named Aidan who is traumatized after his parents are involved in an accident. Sounds simple enough, right? This is the part that intrigues us: He'll first appear in episode 19 and recur throughout the rest of the season. Hmmm...

Crystelle

Crystelle

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2013 @ 10:16 PM

Ask Ausiello

Question: Can we get some scoop on Grey’s Anatomy‘s “JApril” please? So many fans are eagerly awaiting some kind of news from them, but nobody seems to have any! –Jennu
Ausiello: Though for the short term, April is focused on The Virgin EMT Matthew, their road may become a bumpy one. Previewing the April 4 episode, Sarah Drew says, “[April] winds up working on a patient with Jackson, and he winds up being there for her in a way that she needs when she has a crisis of faith. But when she tries to talk to Matthew about it, he misinterprets what she’s talking about and leaves her even more confused than before!”

Mega Buzz

What's coming up on Grey's Anatomy? — Heather
NATALIE: A breakup! One of the Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital couples will be calling it quits after some serious dishonesty in the relationship. Shonda Rhimes would have my head if I told you who, but I'll give you this one hint: It's not Meredith and Derek.

WindSprints

WindSprints

Stalker

Posted Apr 3, 2013 @ 8:45 AM

From Spoiler Chat:

Lena: Grey's scoop please!
Remember how Shonda Rhimes said the season nine finale would be more tame than seasons past? Yup, she changed her mind. "People. I warned you about the GA finale so you could brace yourself or whatever," she tweeted after saying that the creative team "changed" their finale plans. So what goes down in the finale? Well, we can tell you that part one has an explosion. So yeah, definitely not tame.

Crystelle

Crystelle

Fanatic

Posted Apr 3, 2013 @ 9:52 AM

Ask Ausiello

Question: Do you know anything, even the smallest thing, about the Grey’s Anatomy finale? —Jessica
Ausiello: I know the cast received a very subtle warning not to share the contents of the script with anyone. I also know that it will be big — literally and figuratively. “The last two episodes of the season work together as a giant two-week finale,” reveals consulting producer (and Scandal co-star) Dan Bucatinsky, who penned the episode leading into the two-part closer. Titled “Do You Believe in Magic,” the hour — Season 9′s 22nd (of 24) — is “an exploration of magic,” Bucatinsky explains. “The magic of medicine, and also the magic of romance and the ways in which the revelation of a secret can play both as a blessing or a curse.” (Secret?! This secret?!) On the Mer-Der front, the abracadabra-themed ep will explore their “tantalizing and terrifying” emotions as they await the birth of their child. “They’re looking at both the magic of creating a family and the scariness of not knowing.”

WindSprints

WindSprints

Stalker

Posted Apr 23, 2013 @ 3:55 PM

Grey's Anatomy Finale Scoop: A Super Storm Heads to Seattle!

THR - 'Grey's Anatomy': A Natural Disaster Rains Down in Season 9 Finale

'Grey's Anatomy's' Chandra Wilson Teases a Rattled Bailey, 'Surprising' Finale

Edited by WindSprints, Apr 23, 2013 @ 3:57 PM.

WindSprints

WindSprints

Stalker

Posted May 3, 2013 @ 3:41 PM

From TVLine:

GREY'S ANATOMY
MAY 16 SEASON FINALE | When the credits roll at the end of the Season 9 closer, a major character's life will hang in the balance, series creator Shonda Rhimes confirms. The odds-on favorite would seem to be Mer, whose tumble down the stairs next week sets up some “fairly intense” labor pains in the finale, hints Rhimes. Elsewhere, as a massive storm is straining all of Grey Sloan Memorial's resources, the unsettled parenting issue between Owen and Cristina “gets forced out into the open,” Callie and Arizona's relationship is tested by interloper Lauren (p;ayed by Hilarie Burton)-- “I think [Calzona fans] absolutely should be worried,” Rhimes cryptically warns -- and “Alex is going to be forced to face some things about Jo” in the wake of finding her bruised and beaten. Speaking of which, Jo's current beau Chest Pecwell may not have been behind the attack. “I think that everyone is assuming that they know what happened,” Rhimes says. “And perhaps they don't.”

ETA: TV Guide - Grey's Anatomy Finale Scoop: Will Meredith and the Baby Survive?

Edited by WindSprints, May 3, 2013 @ 3:43 PM.

WindSprints

WindSprints

Stalker

Posted May 8, 2013 @ 12:06 PM

Ausiello:

Question: Any chance of a Jackson/April reunion before or during the Grey’s Anatomy finale (airing May 16)? – Emma
Ausiello: Can’t confirm a  reunion, but I can confirm — via Shonda Rhimes — that in this Thursday’s episode, “Something happens for April that is fairly life-changing. And then in the finale, all of that is brought into question in a huge way.” Theories?! Hit the comments!

Question: Coming from the other side of the Atlantic from Portugal! Do you have any Grey’s Anatomy Season 9 finale scoops? —Simão Silva (you can call me Simon)
Ausiello: Hi Simão Simon! A major character’s life will hang in the balance when the clock ticks down on Season 9 next week, but before you go calling Rhimes a serial Grim Reaper, consider the facts. “Everyone thinks I kill everybody — and I don’t,” she insists with a chuckle. “I was doing a tally and I’ve only killed three series regulars [while] four series regular [characters] just left into the ether somewhere to do other things in other hospitals. I don’t kill everybody.” (Gonna need someone to double-check her stats. I suck at math.And I’m lazy.)

WindSprints

WindSprints

Stalker

Posted May 21, 2013 @ 9:27 PM

Removed.  Sorry, tvguide took their "spoiler" from an article (now posted in media) 

Edited by WindSprints, May 21, 2013 @ 9:31 PM.