Dr. Callie Torres: The Bolder Choice

• Please log in to reply

1403 replies to this topic

Frankie5Angels

Frankie5Angels

Video Archivist

Posted May 18, 2013 @ 11:27 AM

I will gladly relocate to Seattle to treat Callie the way she needs to be treated: with love, respect, kindness, and I'd bang her like drum. Bonus: I'll have loud dirty sex with her in a NICU on-call room just to burn Arizona's ass. 

I'll be as disappointed in Callie for taking Arizona back as I will if Cristina takes up with that batshit tosser Owen. Callie has been on this ride before. She needs to be alone for a minute and then she needs to go out dressed to pull. She's been cheated on (George, Arizona), abandoned twice (Erica, Arizona), and it is enough. She's too good a person for this. 

Now that Callie and Cristina have shed their asshole spouses, they need to get the Scalpel Sisters back together. Remember: Cristina's Sofia's godmother. Callie wouldn't ask her to parent and would probably be a little scared to leave Sofia in Cristina's care (*wink*). They are smart beautiful women who deserve better. They would make kick-ass wing women for one another. 

Bailey is Callie's friend. Dr. Bailey knows all the gossip. I want this to bring about the Bailey of old who will chew Dr. Basic Bitch out and dropkick her ass through the hospital doors. Then she can read Arizona for filth too.  And, if that chick thinks Callie, a co-owner of that hospital, as well as her friends on this board who are co-owners, will let her work there, she's as crazier than she is skanky. 

nivea

nivea

Fanatic

Posted May 19, 2013 @ 7:00 AM

She's a mom now, she has Sofia who is her light and who she needs to protect and continue to be her #1 priority.  I just want to see Callie thriving.  She is a good person who get's a bad rap by those she gives her heart to. I don't want to see her broken.  I want to see her thriving for herself, her daughter, and her career.  If after the dust settles Arizona ends up being a part of that equation, then great.  But Callie deserves the love, respect, and adoration that she gives. 

But she doesn't really give Arizona respect, she treats her okay but with Callie its always her way or the highway, especially when it comes to Arizona. Callie is a decent person but she's not great in a relationship and put her own needs above those of other which is common but Arizona always her to do that. If anything Callie needs someone who is a bit tougher and less considerate when it comes to have a successful relationship with proper communication.  Arizona is wrong for her, that's not even taking into account the cheating. Arizona is endlessly passive aggressive and just goes along with what Callie wants despite not being happy. That she finally snapped isn't all the surprising except to Callie. I don't see love between Callie and Arizona - only commitment and obligation. 

I kind of feel that Callie might do better with a guy, I'm not Mallie shipper but at least he didn't put up with trying to push him around the way Arizona did. 

Edited by nivea, May 19, 2013 @ 7:02 AM.

Frankie5Angels

Frankie5Angels

Video Archivist

Posted May 19, 2013 @ 6:09 PM

I kind of feel that Callie might do better with a guy, I'm not Mallie shipper but at least he didn't put up with trying to push him around the way Arizona did. 

This sort of gender essentialism is kinda sexist and really goes against LGBT movement. Statements like this play into gender stereotypes and those stereotypes based on gender are one of the pillars of homophobia. It also contributes to biphobia both within the LGBT community and outside of it. It's also a bit misogynistic to say that a woman needing to be controlled by a man. And, she and Mark were never in a relationship, they were fuck buddies at most. That isn't the same as a committed relationship.

Calie's bisexual so I wouldn't have a problem with her being with a man, but that would probably make things worse between her and Arizona.

But she doesn't really give Arizona respect, she treats her okay but with Callie its always her way or the highway, especially when it comes to Arizona. Callie is a decent person but she's not great in a relationship and put her own needs above those of other which is common but Arizona always her to do that. If anything Callie needs someone who is a bit tougher and less considerate when it comes to have a successful relationship with proper communication.  Arizona is wrong for her, that's not even taking into account the cheating. Arizona is endlessly passive aggressive and just goes along with what Callie wants despite not being happy. That she finally snapped isn't all the surprising except to Callie. I don't see love between Callie and Arizona - only commitment and obligation.

I would say that each of them has a history of hurtful or disrespectful with regard to the other. Since it's her thread and out of fairness to Arizona, Callie's should be dealt with here and I'll post my Arizona criticism in her own thread. It's too long to put here and it is OT.

1. Mark: Callie was so clueless about Mark being intrusive and she was definitely insensitive about Arizona not liking him. Callie chalked it up to her not giving Mark a chance, but she didn't consider the fact that he acted like he didn't respect their relationship (I think he did, but it sounds like he was codependent both with Derek when they were BFFs and Callie. He had no sense of boundaries at all.), didn't respect their privacy (I was willing to give it a pass because everyone on Grey's inappropriately enters rooms, doesn't knock, etc., but it got to be ridiculous), and Callie wasn't sensitive to Arizona's feelings during the pregnancy or about it. I hated the way she acted, especially when she asked Mark to rub her feet, expected Arizona to be all excited by Mark's not acting like a petulant child, and never stopped Mark from treating their relationship as if he were part of it. Arizona and Mark eventually became friends and Callie finally pulled her head out of her ass, but still.

2. Sofia: Callie gave Arizona an out, but she also didn't give Arizona a chance to even process her feelings (like any good lesbian ;) )or talk to her about why she was so mad. Callie was like "either you decide you want to be with me now in spite of me doing the one thing you feared by sleeping with Mark or considering how that might make you scared because his role as bio-dad ties us to him for life or I'm not taking you back." Even though they were broken up at the time because Arizona cruelly dumped her in the airport, never called her, never responded to Callie's attempts to communicate with her, it still had to hurt like hell. I'm a lesbian and I've never dated a bisexual woman whose BFF was also a fuck buddy, but I would be devastated if what happened to Arizona happened to me.

3. Callie is pushy, impulsive, and can be thoughtless. She was way pushy during the bankruptcy thing and the hospital buyout. She got on my nerves and it was horrible to see her talk about throwing away their financial future, pledging Arizona's money to buy the hospital without consulting her, and then crazily telling Arizona that she doesn't want to spend her life worrying about disasters or calamity in their lives. Maybe Callie has some residual memory loss from that car crash because "that day" has come more than once in their lives. Also, Arizona is Callie's wife. Before Callie went off half-cocked to spin the hospital buyout deal, she should have spoken to Arizona first. Arizona was right to point out that they have a child and that they should discuss family finances first. She put Arizona in a horrible position by just spitballing ideas with Derek. Arizona had to be the "bad guy" there who would sink everyone's dream of owning the hospital because she didn't want to cough up her money and objected to Callie giving away Sofia's money. I also thinks that this ties into Callie's being intrusive during the buyout thing. She acted as if Sofia, by virtue of being Mark's heir, gave her a seat at the table. 

4. Having kids was a big issue between them. Arizona avoided that conversation, as did Callie, and when they talked about it, it didn't go well. However, Callie bent at the end. After the shooting, Callie told Arizona that she didn't want kids if it meant not being together. It was Arizona who said that they would have "all kinds of kids" and that she couldn't live without Callie and their "ten kids." 

One thing I can say about Callie, however, is that she's never been malicious. She means well, not that that absolves her of bad behavior. It doesn't make it any less hurtful or toxic. 

I think Arizona hates Callie. Callie had a plan to save Arizona's leg and Arizona knows she had that plan because her surgery was the next day. It wasn't Callie's fault that Arizona's body couldn't last until the surgery. Arizona seems to conveniently forget that. I'm not insensitive to the fact that what happened to her was devastating. All of the surviving victims have everything back and are "whole." It is easy to forget about Mark and Lexie dying because Arizona is in a world of hurt and it does delegitimize her pain by saying, "Well, at least you're not dead." That is irrelevant and to ask someone in her situation to "feel lucky" is Category 5 stupidity. There is probably part of her that wishes she had died in that crash because she wouldn't be living with the pain she is living with now. 

I don't think Arizona wants Sofia or Callie anymore. I didn't see any apologizing or remorse even before Callie invoked the plane. She revenge fucked a random. She had every chance to extricate herself from that situation, but she locked the on-call room door to sleep with her. In my eyes, she locked her family out for good. I could be totally wrong, but I just don't see any indication that Arizona would care if she never saw Callie or Sofia again. She dumped her family. To Sofia, Arizona is "mama" and she loves her. Does Arizona even care about Sofia? Callie thought of them both during the storm, but Arizona didn't express any concern. That's where they are different: Callie loves hard, she's devoted, she loves people, she's loyal, she's warm, and she cares. Arizona? Nope.

zenyatta

zenyatta

Video Archivist

Posted May 19, 2013 @ 8:21 PM

I'd like to see Callie find someone who accepts her as she is and loves her for it.  She's certainly has her fault but overall she is a good, caring person.  I always liked her with Mark because Mark loved Callie for who she was.  He always supported her, didn't try to change her and loved her flaws and all.   Neither of the people Callie married ever, in my opinion, loved her for exactly who she was.  I don't care if its a man or a woman I just want to see Callie find someone who loves her and is loyal to her.

He had no sense of boundaries at all.), didn't respect their privacy (I was willing to give it a pass because everyone on Grey's inappropriately enters rooms, doesn't knock, etc., but it got to be ridiculous

Callie and Mark were like this with each other.  Callie walked into Mark's apartment right past Lexie and went to talk to Mark while he was in the shower.  Lexie told Callie it was a problem for her and Callie seemed to understand and respect that.  Arizona has the ability to speak.  If it bothered her so much she should have said something.   Derek had Cristina sleeping in his bed and Arizona had Mark, wives on Grey's have soulmates in addition to spouses.

I don't even hate Arizona.  I just don't want her with Callie any more.

Edited by zenyatta, May 19, 2013 @ 8:22 PM.

nivea

nivea

Fanatic

Posted May 20, 2013 @ 4:04 AM

I don't think Arizona wants Sofia or Callie anymore.

There is not indication that Arizona does not want Sofia. 

Callie and Mark were like this with each other.  Callie walked into Mark's apartment right past Lexie and went to talk to Mark while he was in the shower.  Lexie told Callie it was a problem for her and Callie seemed to understand and respect that.  Arizona has the ability to speak.  If it bothered her so much she should have said something.   Derek had Cristina sleeping in his bed and Arizona had Mark, wives on Grey's have soulmates in addition to spouses.

She did a few times and Callie didn't really do much about it to be fair. But Arizona is a full for putting up with it. So did use her own methods to eventually deal with the Mark problem but cutting Callie off from the sexy times and making her chuck out Mark. Maybe that was more effective in the end, rather than a direct approach with her. Callie can be rather dismissive but if she think she's losing out or you can convince her that its her great idea then she will go along with things. Arizona was frequently passive aggressive with Callie but experience probably convinced her that the roundabout way was the best way with Callie.

Edited by nivea, May 20, 2013 @ 4:09 AM.

Frankie5Angels

Frankie5Angels

Video Archivist

Posted May 20, 2013 @ 8:02 AM

So did use her own methods to eventually deal with the Mark problem but cutting Callie off from the sexy times and making her chuck out Mark. 

I don't think Arizona was denying Callie affection, I think she really got into cooking with Mark. They were always cooking, watching cooking shows, trying to figure out how to get to the butcher in between surgeries. Callie was annoyed with both of them. Arizona seemed to be having a pretty good time, actually. I liked Arizona the perky chef. We can tell she liked cooking because into this season, American Bake-Off (is that a real thing?) is still her favorite show. Callie kicked Mark out, but it wasn't because of Arizona which, in and of itself, is absolutely pathetic. But, by that time, Arizona and Mark had become friends. Arizona was taken aback when Callie threw away Mark's coq au vin, but she did think it was hot. 

Simply Soaps

Simply Soaps

Posted May 20, 2013 @ 6:54 PM

I'd like to see Callie find someone who accepts her as she is and loves her for it. She's certainly has her fault but overall she is a good, caring person.

I agree. I would love to see Callie with someone that actually loves her. I don't think Arizona does. I always got the impresson that Arizona proposed to keep Caliie away from Mark, not because she really wanted to marry her. I would like to see Callie get away from Arizona and find a new life.  I don't think Arizona will ever forgive Callie and I don't think she is really interested in being in either Callie or Sofia's lives.

Edited by Simply Soaps, May 20, 2013 @ 7:36 PM.

pointybird

pointybird

Video Archivist

Posted May 21, 2013 @ 1:01 PM

This sort of gender essentialism is kinda sexist and really goes against LGBT movement. Statements like this play into gender stereotypes and those stereotypes based on gender are one of the pillars of homophobia. It also contributes to biphobia both within the LGBT community and outside of it. It's also a bit misogynistic to say that a woman needing to be controlled by a man.

Wow - sexism, homophobia, bi-phobia, misogyny and a slur against the entire LGBT community.  Those are big words to throw around, for merely offering the opinion that Callie might be better of with a man next time!  Stereotypes often exist for a reason, aren't always negative and they can be a useful short-hand for us to communicate in more general terms when necessary.

I think Season 10 will find Callie dating again - definitely men, and possibly women as well.  Sara Ramirez made a point in an interview a while ago stressing Callie's 'bisexual journey' being very different to Arizona's, and I think they contrived the opportunity to further explore this part of Callie by having Arizona cheat.

I just hope they give Callie some well-deserved happiness, however it plays out.

Edited by pointybird, May 21, 2013 @ 1:03 PM.

PrincessTT

PrincessTT

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 21, 2013 @ 1:59 PM

Wow - sexism, homophobia, bi-phobia, misogyny and a slur against the entire LGBT community.  Those are big words to throw around, for merely offering the opinion that Callie might be better of with a man next time!

I think it was more the suggestion that Callie needed a man as he wouldn't be pushed around by her but a woman would be, that elicited such a strong response.

I'd definitely use sexism, homophobia, bi-phobia and misogyny to describe the above statement.

pointybird

pointybird

Video Archivist

Posted May 21, 2013 @ 2:29 PM

It's a passing use of a gender stereotype.  How that possibly translates to accusations of homophobia, bi phobia or misogyny I don't know. 

Anyway, whoever Callie ends up with, I hope she gets some of her old ballsy self back - she's been a bit of a bore this season.

Clairelle876

Clairelle876

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 21, 2013 @ 2:47 PM

Anyway, whoever Callie ends up with, I hope she gets some of her old ballsy self back

I'd love to see that. I don't want her moping around and being depressed like she was with George. I think her look at the end of the finale suggested an acceptance that this is what it is. She still resents me, she still has issues, she's not over this and there's nothing more i can do. Staying around they'll just end up hurting each other more. Callie being the one to walk away versus being dumped is what i think will affect how she moves on from this... So I don't see her being bitter or upset. I see her accepting her life as it is, accepting Arizona as she is right now and just moving on in a positive way.  

Edited by Clairelle876, May 21, 2013 @ 2:49 PM.

pointybird

pointybird

Video Archivist

Posted May 21, 2013 @ 3:57 PM

Callie being the one to walk away versus being dumped is what i think will affect how she moves on from this.

I really love that perspective, Clairelle876, and I hope you're right and that she's the one to walk away and move on with dignity.

So I don't see her being bitter or upset. I see her accepting her life as it is, accepting Arizona as she is right now and just moving on in a positive way.

I can see her being angry, confused, bitter and upset though :-).  I hope she and the newly-single Cristina console each other with much tequila and a good dose of fun, before she embarks on some new romantic adventures.  It'll be interesting if we hear any casting / spoiler news in coming weeks as they prepare for the new season, to see if there are any clues as to possible hook ups and new relationships for Callie.

Clairelle876

Clairelle876

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 21, 2013 @ 4:12 PM

I can see her being angry, confused, bitter and upset though :-).  I hope she and the newly-single Cristina console each other with much tequila and a good dose of fun, before she embarks on some new romantic adventures.  It'll be interesting if we hear any casting / spoiler news in coming weeks as they prepare for the new season, to see if there are any clues as to possible hook ups and new relationships for Callie.

I'd rather those emotions than being depressed and sulking TBH so either way i'll be good. Lol. The fangirl in me got all excited and anxious reading your post! Cris and Callie bonding? Sign me up! Maybe Cristina will let Callie cut her hair this time around lol. I wouldn't mind seeing Callie having a rebound either. An outside character like Matt is to April versus a regular (preferably a female but thats just my perosnal bias :P). I want bad ass, fun, sexy, confident, rockstar with a scalpel Callie back. She's had a rough year. I just want to see her get her groove back. (Arizona too)

Edited by Clairelle876, May 21, 2013 @ 4:24 PM.

NYluv

NYluv

Fanatic

Posted May 21, 2013 @ 4:32 PM

Season 10: How Callie Got Her Groove Back

She most certainly has had a rough year.  And I would love nothing more than to see her continuing to grow - as a woman, as a mother, as a surgeon.  I want how she handles this heartbreak, this difficult situation, to be different than how she used to handle things. (well, I am so not opposed to a night out at Joe's with Cristina.  Since Mer will be busy with her two little ones, and Arizona can be on Sofia-watch, I'd LOVE to see those two letting loose together.). 

Whether or not her and Arizona end up together (I'm partial to think that they will - probably after a loooooooooooooooooong long road), I just want to see her happy.  I don't want this to be yet another blow to her self-esteem.  I want to see her rise from this better and stronger than ever.

Edited by NYluv, May 21, 2013 @ 4:32 PM.

Simply Soaps

Simply Soaps

Posted May 21, 2013 @ 7:29 PM

I hope season 10 gives Callie a new love and some new friends. I think Callie has been a bit lost without Mark. I hope Callie and Cristina get a ton of scenes together. They are my favorite pair on Grey's.

I really hope that Addison makes an appearance at some point. I always liked Addison and Callie's friendship.

zenyatta

zenyatta

Video Archivist

Posted May 22, 2013 @ 8:43 AM

Back to Callie, being its a thread about her:

I hope season 10 gives Callie a new love and some new friends. I think Callie has been a bit lost without Mark. I hope Callie and Cristina get a ton of scenes together. They are my favorite pair on Grey's.

I'd like to see Callie have more friends as well.  She may not have been on the plane but she's suffered loss too and now has been cheated on by her wife.   This is definitely a time in her life when she needs friends, and a time I think she would really be missing Mark.  Cristina, Bailey, Derek and Richard are all people Callie has been friendly with but I think Cristina is probably the one she's closest to of those.  Cristina will also be coming off the break up with Owen so they could lean on each other. 

I'd also really like to see a couple of scenes with Callie and Sofia.  They've barely shown Callie being a mother.

PrincessTT

PrincessTT

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 22, 2013 @ 9:07 AM

Cristina will also be coming off the break up with Owen so they could lean on each other. 

I hope so, I liked their "Stop crying." "You stop crying!" exchange at the end of Season 6 and they were great together in the haircut/mall/party stuff at the start of season 7... Cristina brings out my favourite side of Callie.

PoeticJustice32

PoeticJustice32

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2013 @ 10:27 AM

Arizona has the ability to speak.  If it bothered her so much she should have said something.  

Early on in their relationship Arizona expressed how incomfortable she was with Mark and him staring at her boobs. Instead of being understanding and telling her perv of a friend not to stare at her girlfriend's boobs, Callie proceeded to dismiss Arizona's feelings and told her Mark doesn't mean any harm (that was an overwhelming excuse) and that Arizona should LET Mark stare. Gross. Arizona also said "this isn't working for me" when we saw Mark in bed with them. We can talk about the minor things like Callie refusing to allow Arizona to repaint the apartment after Callie asked her to move in. The way Callie goes halfcocked on some scheme (recently offering up their life savings to save the hospital) without Arizona's input. Callie has pretty much dictated this relationship (where they live, if/when they get married, etc.)
Im saying all this to say, that given what has happened previously, I can see why Arizona wouldn't even bother saying anything because history has shown it won't change anything.

NYluv

NYluv

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2013 @ 10:50 AM

We can talk about the minor things like Callie refusing to allow Arizona to repaint the apartment after Callie asked her to move in

Uh, but in the end she agreed to Arizona painting the apartment (thanks to Mark giving her perspective). 

Callie is dense when it comes to a lot of things, no doubt about that, but to assume that she's been dictating this relationship is ridiculous.  Arizona is a big girl.  Her deciding to do and not do things are soley on her.  Callie didn't strong arm her.  Callie can be blunt, and just lay it all out there right then and there, but Arizona's decisions are Arizona's decisions.

pointybird

pointybird

Video Archivist

Posted May 22, 2013 @ 2:51 PM

Back to Callie, being its a thread about her

Good idea. 

I hope she does get to explore the journey that Sara Ramirez referred to at the recent GLAAD awards, through dating a little early on in the Season.   Having said that, I hope the "L word" doesn't rear it's head with anyone else, because I'm sentimental and do hope that ultimately Callie and Arizona will reunite, as I've shipped this couple since Season 5.

I'd also really like to see a couple of scenes with Callie and Sofia.  They've barely shown Callie being a mother.

How old will Sofia be when the new Season starts - about 3 and a half?  I'd like to see this too, though I hope that it would be balanced out with Callie enjoying some partying as well - I wouldn't want her to become too 'Mumsy'.   I just hope they don't use Sofia as some kind of plot device to get Callie back with Arizona!  Put the poor child in peril, so that her parents come to realise how much they love each other and wish they were a family - I wouldn't put it past Shonda! 

Regarding interactions with Sofia, I think we'll see awkward hand-offs of the kid between the two parents, and maybe some heated discussions about babysitting duties when the other has a hot date.  

Edited by pointybird, May 22, 2013 @ 3:11 PM.

nivea

nivea

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2013 @ 4:56 PM

Uh, but in the end she agreed to Arizona painting the apartment (thanks to Mark giving her perspective). 

Callie is dense when it comes to a lot of things, no doubt about that, but to assume that she's been dictating this relationship is ridiculous.  Arizona is a big girl.  Her deciding to do and not do things are soley on her.  Callie didn't strong arm her.  Callie can be blunt, and just lay it all out there right then and there, but Arizona's decisions are Arizona's decisions.

I don't recall the apartment ever being painted. It's the same miserable batcave its always been. The relationship was always dictated by Callie's decision not Arizona. But Arizona went along with them because she wanted to keep which frankly was foolish and was going to lead to anger and resentment in the end. Its a doomed relationship because its very unequal. 

Clairelle876

Clairelle876

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 22, 2013 @ 6:42 PM

I feel like we are watching two different shows nivea. For the life of me i just can't see where you are coming from. Callie has been nothing but supportive and caring of her wife and her needs and Arizona the same (for the most part at least). The love, care and respect they have for each other cannot be denied... until late of course. If they were as mismatched as you say, i don't think i would have shipped them so hard. I think they have a very special connection to each other and their relationship, up until now was fun and loving. They were great together. They felt like a unit to me. Save for the few problems, but what couple is without? What couple doesn't argue? What couple don't have differences of opinions? What couple doesn't argue over paint colour, and what clothes their daughter wears, etc... End of the day, what i liked about them is that, it didn't matter. The end of the day they were still there for each other, they still loved each other and still cared. So much so that they were both willing to buckle over something so important to them, kids. I could list several other examples. I just don't think Arizona was the doormat you are making her out to be and i never saw Callie as this manipulative, controlling monster. Except for that.... Nah, can't think of a real instance. JMO. Think we'll disagree but that's ok.

Simply Soaps

Simply Soaps

Posted May 22, 2013 @ 8:17 PM

At this point I think Callie needs to do what is best for her and her daughter and walk away from Arizona for good. She isn't worth the misery she has caused. From dumping Callie at the airport, to sending her through the windshield of a car to this pathetic attempt at revenge.  Callie needs to find someone that is responsible and accountable and can treat her the way she deserves, with love and respect.

Edited by Simply Soaps, May 22, 2013 @ 8:19 PM.

nivea

nivea

Fanatic

Posted May 23, 2013 @ 3:34 AM

At this point I think Callie needs to do what is best for her and her daughter and walk away from Arizona for good. She isn't worth the misery she has caused. From dumping Callie at the airport, to sending her through the windshield of a car to this pathetic attempt at revenge.  Callie needs to find someone that is responsible and accountable and can treat her the way she deserves, with love and respect.

None of those things gives Callie the moral right to take Sofia away. Even if say a biological parents was as much of an ass as you think Arizona was Callie still wouldn't have the right to take Sofia away. Taking Sofia away from Arizona wouldn't be what was best for Sofia and I can't see a court ruling that way at all if they have a legal agreement in place. 

Actually people have a fair point, its not women that Callie is able to push around, its Arizona. Looking back Erica never put up with her guff like Arizona. I never much liked Erica as a character but she wasn't a push over like Arizona became.

The end of the day they were still there for each other, they still loved each other and still cared. So much so that they were both willing to buckle over something so important to them, kids. I could list several other examples. I just don't think Arizona was the doormat you are making her out to be and i never saw Callie as this manipulative, controlling monster. Except for that.... Nah, can't think of a real instance. JMO. Think we'll disagree but that's ok.

They both said they were wiling to buckle but in the end it was Arizona that had to compromise over the kids thing. She was the ones who had to make concessions to raising Mark's baby and having Mark in their life. I don't think I don't think Callie is manipulative and controlling in general. She's been controlling this season but that due to her wanting to push past all the problems. She does however disregard Arizona's opinion and barrel ahead with what she wants regardless. Arizona post-Africa was dumb to go along without much of an argument.  Arizona had a spine pre-Africa but she came back so desperate to have Callie back (god knows why) that she turned into a doormat.  Callie was happy because she got everything she ever wanted.

Edited by nivea, May 23, 2013 @ 3:39 AM.

Clairelle876

Clairelle876

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 23, 2013 @ 10:12 AM

"They both said they were wiling to buckle but in the end it was Arizona that had to compromise over the kids thing. She was the ones who had to make concessions to raising Mark's baby and having Mark in their life."

In the end Arizona never 'had' to compromise. She just did. It was her choice, she had a change of heart. It was all Arizona. "She was the one who had to make concessions"... That was all her choosing hun. Callie shouldn't be blamed for choices Arizona made. If Arizona resents Callie for that, that's Arizona's problem for 1. Lying to Callie about wanting kids and to raise Mark's kid and 2. Doing something she never wanted to do for the sake of Callie. They were broken up, it's not like Callie catfished her. She told her flat out, I'm pregnant with Mark's baby, "still want to be with me now"... Arizona should have sat on it some more but she knows what she wants and did what she wanted... To be with Callie and raise her... "Our" baby. She took ownership. All Arizona's decision. And if Arizona has a problem with her decisions now, it's not fair to blame Callie for them. She should walk away if its too much like she should have walked away then.

As far as I could see, Arizona is fine with Sofia, loves Mark. Sure it's not her dream, and she said that to Callie but what was Callie to do to compromise in that situation? Abort her baby? File for sole custody from Mark and have Arizona adopt? Arizona bended because she chose to, and that's on her for making Callie believe she wanted to. Callie didn't do anything wrong. It was over from Africa days, Arizona is the one who reopened the door cause she wanted her gf back. Callie took her back and didn't hold it over her head either. They went on with their lives... Happily for the most part except when Mark was being annoying but it wasn't a deal breaker for Arizona and it worked itself out in the end. It's a non-issue. The only real issue I see between them now are what transpired in those last few episodes and the revelations Arizona made. If it turns out she also resents Callie for getting pregnant, and Sleeping with Mark etc... You know? Better she just leaves...

P.s I don't think she has those issues. She accepted Mark and Sofia in her life and it seemed genuine. Her issues now, I believe, are just post-plane crash. S10 could prove me wrong but hey, the door is over there. Out of love, One should use it before they hurt the other anymore. I hope it doesn't go down like that and don't think it will. I believe, despite their differences and what anyone else says that they are MFEO.

Simply Soaps

Simply Soaps

Posted May 23, 2013 @ 6:18 PM

None of those things gives Callie the moral right to take Sofia away. Even if say a biological parents was as much of an ass as you think Arizona was Callie still wouldn't have the right to take Sofia away. Taking Sofia away from Arizona wouldn't be what was best for Sofia and I can't see a court ruling that way at all if they have a legal agreement in place.

Callie's first responsibility is to her daughter. She needs to make sure Sofia is safe and happy. Arizona is at best a step parent. Both Callie and Mark are Sofia's biological parents. If Arizona is so entitlted to a family maybe she should act like it, unstead of treating Callie like dirt.

BTW this is a Callie thread and IMO what is best for CALLIE is to get miles away from the train wreck Arizona has become.

Edited by Simply Soaps, May 23, 2013 @ 6:19 PM.

ShanM

ShanM

Channel Surfer

Posted May 23, 2013 @ 6:44 PM

Arizona is Sofia's mother and equal parent according to undeniable show canon. Both Mark and Callie stated she is Sofia's mother. Callie promised Arizona the legal document confirming Arizona is Sofia's mother. Callie said "we" have a child. Unless some people are claiming Callie is a liar. Something I'd strongly argue against.  

HappyGoLucky

HappyGoLucky

Channel Surfer

Posted May 23, 2013 @ 6:49 PM

Callie's first responsibility is to her daughter. She needs to make sure Sofia is safe and happy. Arizona is at best a step parent. Both Callie and Mark are Sofia's biological parents. If Arizona is so entitlted [entitled] to a family maybe she should act like it, unstead [instead] of treating Callie like dirt.

Ok let's get something straight, Callie shares a child with Arizona. Arizona is Sofia's mama, she is not a step-parent, she's a mother. Callie, Arizona and Mark all shared in the responsibility of being parents to Sofia. In 8x14 Mark said "the THREE of us are EQUAL parents to Sofia". Biology does not necessarily dictate parentage, because if that were the case Zola wouldn't be considered Meredith and Derek's child. 

So back to Callie's responsibility, it is her responsibility not to punish Sofia for Arizona's ill deeds. 

Simply Soaps

Simply Soaps

Posted May 23, 2013 @ 8:06 PM

Arizona is Sofia's mother and equal parent according to undeniable show canon. Both Mark and Callie stated she is Sofia's mother. Callie promised Arizona the legal document confirming Arizona is Sofia's mother. Callie said "we" have a child. Unless some people are claiming Callie is a liar. Something I'd strongly argue against.

Then why didn't Arizona act like it? Ignoring Sofia for 3 months (also canon) doesn't sound like a good mother to me. Callie also called Arizona a good person. Based on the finale that wasn't true. A good mother doesn't trash their child's family out of spite and revenge.

I get that apparently only Arizona's rights matter, but it is my opinion that Sofia and Callie have the right to live in a home that isn't focused on anger, blame and revenge.

Ok let's get something straight, Callie shares a child with Arizona. Arizona is Sofia's mama, she is not a step-parent, she's a mother. Callie, Arizona and Mark all shared in the responsibility of being parents to Sofia. In 8x14 Mark said "the THREE of us are EQUAL parents to Sofia". Biology does not necessarily dictate parentage, because if that were the case Zola wouldn't be considered Meredith and Derek's child.

So back to Callie's responsibility, it is her responsibility not to punish Sofia for Arizona's ill deeds.

Equal in name only apparently, but it is typical for Arizona's character that titles are important. Much more than actual behavior. Good mothers don't destroy their child's happiness. Good mothers don't ignore their children for months.

Biology is a fact. Arizona is not biologically Sofia's mother.

This is a thread about Callie. Not Arizona. And in my opinion what is best for Callie and her daughter is to get some distance from Arizona. Hope season 10 sees Callie moving on and getting free of Arizona and her toxic behavior.

PrincessTT

PrincessTT

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 24, 2013 @ 4:26 AM

Hope season 10 sees Callie moving on and getting free of Arizona and her toxic behavior.

I hope Callie does so too... And I hope that she does it with the maturity to not remove Arizona from Sofia's life just because she's removing Arizona from her own life.