The American Idol Players Prediction Game

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

2209 replies to this topic

SeaBreeze341

SeaBreeze341

Stalker

Posted May 25, 2010 @ 9:40 PM

Just finished tallying the Performance Round! So far six people have earned as many points as he or she can earn. That's as far as the Performance Round goes. There's still the Results.

There is one person that actually got every question right. You only need a correct pick on 5 out of 7, but the individual got everything right (Simon did not get booed for his final comments, which means the audience was actually classy).

Of course, that individual knows who he or she is. All I can say is that you'll win for this week if you're perfect on the first five questions in the results round. Yep, it's the original questions that appeared since Day One so a correct pick on those first five will result in an automatic win. That's if you want to take a risk (and people typically do)!

As for the first question in the Super Bonus (Who from outside the F2 gets shown first during the entire episode?), feel free to put up to three people down for your answer. Although you'll earn more for putting one person down, I forgot to mention that.

I think I'll definitely be around all of tomorrow, so feel free to ask any questions, either here or PM (unless that's full, in which case, email). Good luck.

I hate Mondays

I hate Mondays

Stalker

• Interests:Wasting time on the 'net, shopping, going to the movies, iTunes, adding DVDs to my collection, and spending hours in front of the TV.<br /><br />Favorite Shows: The Big Bang Theory, The Vampire Diaries, Fringe, Supernatural, The Soup, American Idol, How I Met Your Mother, Gossip Girl, The Office, Real World/Road Rules Challenges, NCIS, some Disney Channel Shows, Old Degrassi: TNG episodes and Cold Case reruns.<br /><br />*Icon by atomicbeauty_nb

Posted May 26, 2010 @ 8:41 AM

RESULTS ROUND

Regular Stuff:

Who do you want to see win? Lee
Who do you think will win AI? Lee

Bonus Stuff:

Does Crystal Win? No
Who is the runner-up for AI9? Crystal
5 Months! 7 Cities, and Over 175 Hollywood-Bound! (Really 181) From 181 to 96 to 71 to 47 to 24 and then from 12 to one-less each week, someone will become the official winner of American Idol and be crowned the ninth AI. Who joins Kelly, Ruben, Fantasia, Carrie, Taylor, Jordin, David, and Kris as the one that enjoys all the glory and puts an official close to the 2009-2010 TV season? The name of the contestant that outlasted everyone goes here! Lee

Super Bonus Stuff!

(1) Who from outside the F2 gets shown first during the entire episode? Tim, Andrew, Didi
(2) Does reigning champion Kris Allen perform in the 1st half or the 2nd half? 1st half
(3) Whom from the F2 gets shown first during the entire episode? Both
(4) Which, of the F2 name does Ryan say first during the entire episode? Crystal
(5) The total votes will exceed anything done this season, or since Day One. The questions is: Will it reach and/or pass 100 Million? And for good measure, to the nearest million, rounded off, guess the total votes that came in. No, Over 75 million votes
(6) Whose name from the Final 2 does Ryan say last in the entire episode? Lee

And Finally:

Predict the runner-up, and the winner, in that order, and for good measure! Crystal, Lee

Encore!!!

A. audition numbers for the top 5 (?)
B. Y = no clue!
C. 775 = Z, or 187 = Z, but Z = dark horse did not win ?

Think of last year for the first one, think of 2007 for the second one, and do not think of one or eight for the third & final one. Yeah, no one's getting these right (but you may not have to).

Ashlae

Ashlae

Channel Surfer

Posted May 26, 2010 @ 9:15 AM

RESULTS ROUND

Regular Stuff:

Bonus Stuff:

(Q1 + Q2 will add 1000 to the final score, Q3 multiplies your score by 30, and Q3 counts only if you answer one of the first two questions correctly)

Does Crystal Win? No
5 Months! 7 Cities, and Over 175 Hollywood-Bound! (Really 181) From 181 to 96 to 71 to 47 to 24 and then from 12 to one-less each week, someone will become the official winner of American Idol and be crowned the ninth AI. Who joins Kelly, Ruben, Fantasia, Carrie, Taylor, Jordin, David, and Kris as the one that enjoys all the glory and puts an official close to the 2009-2010 TV season? The name of the contestant that outlasted everyone goes here! Lee

Super Bonus Stuff!

(1) Who from outside the F2 gets shown first during the entire episode? Tim, Andrew, Didi
(2) Does reigning champion Kris Allen perform in the 1st half or the 2nd half? 1st half
(4) Which, of the F2 name does Ryan say first during the entire episode? Crystal
(5) The total votes will exceed anything done this season, or since Day One. The questions is: Will it reach and/or pass 100 Million? And for good measure, to the nearest million, rounded off, guess the total votes that came in. No, over 80 million.

And Finally:

Predict the runner-up, and the winner, in that order, and for good measure! Crystal, Lee

Encore!!!

A. Audition numbers
B. Nothing
C. 775 = Z, or 187 = Z, but Z = Dark horse lost.

Edited by Ashlae, May 26, 2010 @ 9:20 AM.

PhantomPlanetQueen

PhantomPlanetQueen

Couch Potato

Posted May 26, 2010 @ 9:15 AM

RESULTS ROUND
Regular Stuff:

Bonus Stuff:
Does Crystal Win? No
5 Months! 7 Cities, and Over 175 Hollywood-Bound! (Really 181) From 181 to 96 to 71 to 47 to 24 and then from 12 to one-less each week, someone will become the official winner of American Idol and be crowned the ninth AI. Who joins Kelly, Ruben, Fantasia, Carrie, Taylor, Jordin, David, and Kris as the one that enjoys all the glory and puts an official close to the 2009-2010 TV season? The name of the contestant that outlasted everyone goes here! Lee DeWyze

Super Bonus Stuff!
(1) Who from outside the F2 gets shown first during the entire episode? Casey, Tim, Siobhan
(2) Does reigning champion Kris Allen perform in the 1st half or the 2nd half? 2nd half
(5) The total votes will exceed anything done this season, or since Day One. The questions is: Will it reach and/or pass 100 Million? And for good measure, to the nearest million, rounded off, guess the total votes that came in. (Examples: Yes, Over 120 million OR No, Over 90 million) No, over 80 million

And Finally:

Encore!!!
A. 605540544021422528151616 = Number of times Kara made a fool of herself
B. 2700 = Y, and Y = Michael Johns
C. 775 = Z, or 187 = Z, but Z = Simon

FirstAndTen

FirstAndTen

Fanatic

Posted May 26, 2010 @ 12:30 PM

Finals Week 11: "Lee DeWyze vs. Crystal Bowersox"

This is it! My final template ever!

First, let me say something. You've been amazing this season. I know this is your last season, and I know this is your last template. Thanks you for all of your fun and games. And good luck on your future journeys.

Or whatever Crystal told Simon last night.

---------
RESULTS ROUND

Regular Stuff:

Who do you want to see win? (100 Points) Crystal
Who do you think will win AI? (150 Points) Crystal

Bonus Stuff:

(Q1 + Q2 will add 1000 to the final score, Q3 multiplies your score by 30, and Q3 counts only if you answer one of the first two questions correctly)

Does Crystal Win? Yes
Who is the runner-up for AI9? Lee.
5 Months! 7 Cities, and Over 175 Hollywood-Bound! (Really 181) From 181 to 96 to 71 to 47 to 24 and then from 12 to one-less each week, someone will become the official winner of American Idol and be crowned the ninth AI. Who joins Kelly, Ruben, Fantasia, Carrie, Taylor, Jordin, David, and Kris as the one that enjoys all the glory and puts an official close to the 2009-2010 TV season? The name of the contestant that outlasted everyone goes here! Crystal

Super Bonus Stuff!

(1) Who from outside the F2 gets shown first during the entire episode?
Michael, Didi, Casey

(2) Does reigning champion Kris Allen perform in the 1st half or the 2nd half? 2nd half

(4) Which, of the F2 name does Ryan say first during the entire episode?
Lee

(5) The total votes will exceed anything done this season, or since Day One. The questions is: Will it reach and/or pass 100 Million?
And for good measure, to the nearest million, rounded off, guess the total votes that came in. No, Over 80 million

(6) Whose name from the Final 2 does Ryan say last in the entire episode? Crystal

And Finally:

Predict the runner-up, and the winner, in that order, and for good measure! Lee, Crystal

Encore!!!

A. 605540544021422528151616 = X
B. 2700 = Y, and Y = ?????
C. 775 = Z, or 187 = Z, but Z = !!!!!

A= total number of off key notes that Lee DeWyze has sung this year
B= total number of times that a contestant has sung "Against All Odds" on Idol.
C= Simon's head size and IQ respectively.

SeaBreeze341

SeaBreeze341

Stalker

Posted May 26, 2010 @ 2:00 PM

First, let me say something. You've been amazing this season. I know this is your last season, and I know this is your last template. Thanks you for all of your fun and games. And good luck on your future journeys.

Or whatever Crystal told Simon last night.

Well, it wasn't anything such as winning, because I'm not winning anything here. Not that I would have won had I played, although it would have been fun if I had thought of entering the game. Thanks BTW!

Speaking of winning, as expected, JustADream & tribbles participated and obviously earned enough points that it's down to those two for the title. While the eventual winner from the show will actually be a deciding factor, if it's not someone in particular, it could get real interesting!

Edited to add: The Top 20 All Time (excluding this year, points only):

A Beaverhausen
Adammo88
anubee
Bookwormrach
Elenea
FirstAndTen
gradtg
I hate Mondays
Illumestitch
itsjysme
john907
JustADream
langslowblack
Nite System
Occasional Hope
Phan
PhantomPlanetQueen
Rowr17
tribbles
windmills

This list will change, other things will factor in. But man, so many awesome participants past and present (and hopefully future)!

Edited by SeaBreeze341, May 26, 2010 @ 6:26 PM.

Occasional Hope

Occasional Hope

Fanatic

Posted May 26, 2010 @ 4:49 PM

RESULTS ROUND

Regular Stuff:

Who do you want to see win? Crystal
Who do you think will win AI? Crystal

Bonus Stuff:

Does Crystal Win? Yes
5 Months! 7 Cities, and Over 175 Hollywood-Bound! (Really 181) From 181 to 96 to 71 to 47 to 24 and then from 12 to one-less each week, someone will become the official winner of American Idol and be crowned the ninth AI. Who joins Kelly, Ruben, Fantasia, Carrie, Taylor, Jordin, David, and Kris as the one that enjoys all the glory and puts an official close to the 2009-2010 TV season? The name of the contestant that outlasted everyone goes here! Crystal

Super Bonus Stuff!

(1) Who from outside the F2 gets shown first during the entire episode? Mike
(3) Whom from the F2 gets shown first during the entire episode? Lee
(4) Which, of the F2 name does Ryan say first during the entire episode? Lee
(5) The total votes will exceed anything done this season, or since Day One. The questions is: Will it reach and/or pass 100 Million? And for good measure, to the nearest million, rounded off, guess the total votes that came in. No, over 80 million
(6) Whose name from the Final 2 does Ryan say last in the entire episode? Crystal

And Finally:

Predict the runner-up, and the winner, in that order, and for good measure! Lee, Crystal

Encore!!!

I can never do these.

Thanks for running the game; it's made a lacklustre season some fun ;)

progression

progression

Video Archivist

Posted May 26, 2010 @ 6:25 PM

Piling on my thanks too. Firs time plying this for me, it was lots of fun!

RESULTS ROUND

Regular Stuff:

Who do you think will win AI? (150 Points) Lee

Bonus Stuff:

Does Crystal Win? No

Super Bonus Stuff!

(1) Who from outside the F2 gets shown first during the entire episode?
Michael, Shiobhan, Casey

(4) Which, of the F2 name does Ryan say first during the entire episode?
Crystal

(5) The total votes will exceed anything done this season, or since Day One. The questions is: Will it reach and/or pass 100 Million?
And for good measure, to the nearest million, rounded off, guess the total votes that came in. No, Over 70 million

And Finally:

Encore!!!

A= total IQ points lost by AI viewers this season
B= number of cougar jokes this season
C= An AI judges pay per second

JustADream

JustADream

Fanatic

Posted May 26, 2010 @ 6:43 PM

RESULTS ROUND

Regular Stuff:
Who do you want to see win? Crystal

Bonus Stuff: (Q1 + Q2 will add 1000 to the final score, Q3 multiplies your score by 30, and Q3 counts only if you answer one of the first two questions correctly)
Does Crystal Win? No

Super Bonus Stuff!
(1) Who from outside the F2 gets shown first during the entire episode? Casey. Tim. Siobhan.
(2) Does reigning champion Kris Allen perform in the 1st half or the 2nd half? First half.
(4) Which, of the F2 name does Ryan say first during the entire episode? Lee
(5) The total votes will exceed anything done this season, or since Day One. The questions is: Will it reach and/or pass 100 Million? And for good measure, to the nearest million, rounded off, guess the total votes that came in. No; Under 90 million
(6) Whose name from the Final 2 does Ryan say last in the entire episode? Lee.

Predict the runner-up, and the winner, in that order, and for good measure! Crystal. Lee.

Encore!!!

Yeah, I got nothing. (Will you tell us the answers when it's over?)

SeaBreeze341

SeaBreeze341

Stalker

Posted May 26, 2010 @ 6:49 PM

Nothing to see here...post deleted

Edited by SeaBreeze341, May 26, 2010 @ 6:59 PM.

tribbles

tribbles

Fanatic

Posted May 26, 2010 @ 6:58 PM

RESULTS ROUND

Regular Stuff:

Who do you think will win AI? (150 Points) Lee

Bonus Stuff:

Does Crystal Win? No
5 Months! 7 Cities, and Over 175 Hollywood-Bound! (Really 181) From 181 to 96 to 71 to 47 to 24 and then from 12 to one-less each week, someone will become the official winner of American Idol and be crowned the ninth AI. Who joins Kelly, Ruben, Fantasia, Carrie, Taylor, Jordin, David, and Kris as the one that enjoys all the glory and puts an official close to the 2009-2010 TV season? Lee

Super Bonus Stuff!

(1) Who from outside the F2 gets shown first during the entire episode? Casey, Tim, Michael
(2) Does reigning champion Kris Allen perform in the 1st half or the 2nd half? Second
(5) The total votes will exceed anything done this season, or since Day One. The questions is: Will it reach and/or pass 100 Million? And for good measure, to the nearest million, rounded off, guess the total votes that came in. No, over 55 million

And Finally:

Predict the runner-up, and the winner, in that order, and for good measure!
Crystal, Lee

Encore!!!

A. 605540544021422528151616 = X X = the number of seconds of singing by each contestant on season 8, sequencially listed
B. 2700 = Y, and Y = number of minutes of air time for season 6
C. 775 = Z, or 187 = Z, but Z = number of charted AI singles

SeaBreeze341

SeaBreeze341

Stalker

Posted May 26, 2010 @ 7:00 PM

Yeah, I got nothing. (Will you tell us the answers when it's over?)

No.

Just Kidding! It'll be here (if I remember) until the holiday ends.

Got all the predictions; thanks everyone!

ETA: And...here comes Idol aftermath chaos!

Edited by SeaBreeze341, May 26, 2010 @ 10:01 PM.

SeaBreeze341

SeaBreeze341

Stalker

Posted May 28, 2010 @ 10:45 PM

Almost done (well, done with the finale, but the season in full and the series should be here tomorrow).

JustADream

JustADream

Fanatic

Posted May 28, 2010 @ 10:52 PM

Dun dun dun....

Hee. Thanks for all your hard work! :)

SeaBreeze341

SeaBreeze341

Stalker

Posted May 31, 2010 @ 10:39 PM

Well there really isn't too much to add results-wise. Lee went first and won, Crystal went second and lost. PhantomPlanetQueen won the season finale (2 in a row). BTW, PhantomPlanetQueen won the season finale in the first year of the PPG. Both times was with a perfect score.

Big congrats to JustADream for clinching the title for this year's game! It's fitting considering the fact that you're taking over next year!

However, the scores between JustADream and tribbles were so close that I have to factor in everything else. With the total wins and the boot order, tribbles managed to win this year's Most Valuable Player award. Typically the season champ wins the MVP, but it's was a race between tribbles and JustADream for most of the season. BTW, PhantomPlanetQueen won the boot order due to the decision to go with and stick with Lee and Crystal as the winner and runner-up, respectfully. Either way, congrats all around!

If you'd like to see a list of the final totals, feel free to email (or PM later in the week after I clear out my PM mailbox). The totals are so much that I can't fit it into one post, and I'd like to have a list of all the other stuff looking back to 2006. Stuff that I should've had here on Friday, but fittingly enough, it did not happen. Maybe it'll sneak in here by Friday (or sometime in 2011 before Season 10 starts)

Final Top 12 Scoreboard:

JustADream - 12941880 (2-Time winner)
tribbles - 12789100 (3-Time winner)
I hate Mondays - 10059800 (Top 24 Round Winner)
PhantomPlanetQueen - 9611450 (Boot Order Winner)
Rowr17 - 9245550
Occasional Hope - 7836200
progression - 6985430
FirstAndTen - 6323550
Tab - 4862880
Ashlae - 4678500
Adammo88 - 3772200
myintermail - 3392200
Shiny Objects - 2784450
jsm1125 - 1453850
mshepnj - 550

Before I go, the Encore Stuff:

X = The boot order, based on the total number of letters in the booted person's first name, multiplied by their placement (Lacey * 12 = 60, Paige * 11 = 55, etc)

B. 2700 = Y, and

Y = Total number of letters in all 12 finals first names, times total number of letters in all 8 past winners names

C. 775 = Z, or 187 = Z,

Z = All of the finals with the exception of seasons 1 & 8, with either their total number of letter in their names combined, or by the names as it relates to the alphabet.

Yes, these aren't that easy. However, I actually have had people get their right in the past (TAR and Survivor).

Other than that and everything else, that's a wrap! Best of luck to everyone here. Thanks to the 73 people that have put up with all the madness with TAIPPG. And with JustADream running things, who knows what could happen? Hopefully there's a huge overall, and American Idol starts fresh. That way, they might not lose a lot of viewers, and/or they'll get newer people to watch the show. Hopefully the game is as successful if all goes well next year. Chances are that I'll pop in (offer some advice or so) since this was really the only thing that had me watching this year. I won't be watching but sometimes you don't need to since a lot of people tend to talk about AI to the point where it's not necessary, yet you could still win.

That being said, see you over in Sports, TAR, Survivor, and wherever else. Good luck take care, and God Bless! Peace!

Edited by SeaBreeze341, May 31, 2010 @ 10:50 PM.

JustADream

JustADream

Fanatic

Posted May 31, 2010 @ 11:46 PM

Thanks for the scores and everything you do, SeaBreeze! If it's all right, I'll be PMing you sometime in January to discuss the new game? (I assume Idol is coming back because of auditions being lined up and everything, but after this year's ratings - and the numbers for when November's CD sales come in, you never know...)

Congrats to tribbles and all my other co-contestants :)

I hate Mondays

I hate Mondays

Stalker

• Interests:Wasting time on the 'net, shopping, going to the movies, iTunes, adding DVDs to my collection, and spending hours in front of the TV.<br /><br />Favorite Shows: The Big Bang Theory, The Vampire Diaries, Fringe, Supernatural, The Soup, American Idol, How I Met Your Mother, Gossip Girl, The Office, Real World/Road Rules Challenges, NCIS, some Disney Channel Shows, Old Degrassi: TNG episodes and Cold Case reruns.<br /><br />*Icon by atomicbeauty_nb

Posted Jun 1, 2010 @ 4:43 PM

Congrats to JustADream and tribbles!! Is it sad to say that I enjoyed playing this game wayy more than watching Season 9 of Idol? ;)

SeaBreeze, thanks for keep us entertain and helping us make it through the season! I'll miss you, but I'm sure to see you around. Looking forward to next year's game!

Edited by I hate Mondays, Jun 1, 2010 @ 4:44 PM.

tribbles

tribbles

Fanatic

Posted Jun 1, 2010 @ 7:38 PM

Congratulations to JustADream and other winners! Thanks for all your hard work, SeaBreeze341 - I definitely enjoy this game more than the show itself these days.

PhantomPlanetQueen

PhantomPlanetQueen

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 2, 2010 @ 3:56 PM

Congrats everyone! This game always makes Idol more enjoyable for me.

tribbles

tribbles

Fanatic

Posted Mar 8, 2011 @ 5:54 PM

Is no one going to run this game this season? I was hoping someone would.