Photoshoot Ideas

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

113 replies to this topic

jellio

jellio

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 20, 2006 @ 4:42 PM

I think it would be cool to have people submit their ideas for photoshoots. FORT has the same topic, so maybe since we're a more critical bunch, our shoots will be better, though some of their ideas, I must admit, are quite good.

jellio

jellio

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 20, 2006 @ 11:40 PM

I think that they should so a shoot with long hair extentions, lots of scarfs and billowy dresses/skirts with wind machines to make it seem like they're in a storm or they're angels.

Also, it would be cool to have another body paint shoot, but they're painted like tropical birds (with feathers in their hair and maybe hanging of the girls as well) and the contestants will be suspended in the air.

Any other ideas?

Morrigan8472

Morrigan8472

Fanatic

Posted Feb 21, 2006 @ 12:25 AM

I think they could do some modern reinterpretations of some classic fairytale characters (think Cinderella or Sleeping Beauty) in some good couture. However, they should scrap this idea if it turns out anything like what they did with the classic paintings shoot last cycle.

They also should do some edgy, perfume ad type shoot as well.

And I know that it was kind of derided last cycle, but I think the shoot that they did with the WildBoyz was great. It felt like a real ad even if it didn't have a product attached to it. I think they should do something of that ilk again.

I also think they should do at least one shoot lile the one they did for Stuff where they actually have to be sexy without being over the top.

And I also think that they should have at least two weeks where they don't judge a picture and focus on a different aspect of modeling like a commercial or a runway show like what they did for Sue Wong.

Seefangy

Seefangy

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 21, 2006 @ 1:45 AM

The models doing an interpretation of "The Last Supper" by Leonardo da Vinci would be soooo controversial. Muhahaha etc.

Afrocentric

Afrocentric

Posted Feb 21, 2006 @ 1:47 AM

Maybe if they posed as different gods and goddesses...

Shanghai Rose

Shanghai Rose

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 21, 2006 @ 2:01 AM

Have they done a fairytale one, yet? I would love to see one of those.

I think something a little creepy and decadent would be cool, too. Maybe something a little unexpected - I don't know, have all the girls pose as witches or something like that. Erm, it would look cooler than I'm making it sound, of course.

I would also like some 'random' shots. You know, the sorts of shots that don't look like they've been posed for, but that have been taken at random moments in time. I always find those photographs the most beautiful, and I'd love to see some proffessionally done on ANTM. '

Finally - some beauty photoshoots, please! Instead of just portrait-style ones, I'd love to see some with wild and funky makeup. Those make some of the coolest images ever.

Diego M

Diego M

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 21, 2006 @ 2:11 AM

Also, it would be cool to have another body paint shoot, but they're painted like tropical birds (with feathers in their hair and maybe hanging of the girls as well) and the contestants will be suspended in the air.

That just makes me think of the superhero shot...*sigh*

I don't know, have all the girls pose as witches or something like that.

Too bad Lisa won't be around, she would have aced that.

I think they should do more shoots like the black and white one they did with Tyra last cycle. Those turned out great.

ghettofabman

ghettofabman

Stalker

• Interests:Snark, snark, and more snark....what else were you expecting?!?

Posted Feb 21, 2006 @ 3:07 AM

I want to see a simple high fashion haute coutoure gown photoshoot, just to see who can pull it off.

StapleWebs

StapleWebs

Fanatic

Posted Feb 21, 2006 @ 3:42 AM

Sounds crazy, I know, but I want a role reversal photoshoot: where the girls pose as men in three-piece suits and wear haute couture gowns. Sorta like the car ad from Cycle 3.

Jeannie632

Jeannie632

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 21, 2006 @ 5:15 AM

I want to see a simple high fashion haute coutoure gown photoshoot, just to see who can pull it off.

Definitely. Also, it'll be boring to watch, but I would like a photoshoot where the girls are just dressed in designer RTW clothes and in front a simple background. Just typical editorial stuff you would see in Vogue, Harpers, W, etc.

I would also like to see an extreme beauty photoshoot.

abbyyyy

abbyyyy

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 21, 2006 @ 5:18 AM

They could be clowns, or whores. That way Jay could really go to town...

YesYesNo

YesYesNo

Fanatic

Posted Feb 21, 2006 @ 5:34 AM

oooh a cool photoshoot could be where the girls are made up as androgynous albino mannequins but it'll be ok cause they'll be modelling shoes.

Edited by YesYesNo, Feb 21, 2006 @ 5:34 AM.

AndreaH

AndreaH

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 21, 2006 @ 9:07 AM

oooh a cool photoshoot could be where the girls are made up as androgynous albino mannequins but it'll be ok cause they'll be modelling shoes.

What, like Marilyn Manson's "Mechanical Animals" cover, but modelling shoes?

Awesome.

Afrocentric

Afrocentric

Posted Feb 21, 2006 @ 10:29 AM

I had an idea earlier about them doing a photo shoot about the "vices/pitfalls" of modeling where each girl gets a different darkside of modeling. One could be sex, one could be drugs, one could be bad eating habits/self-consciousness/depression, one could be excessive partying, one could be aging, etc.

Hershey Kisses

Hershey Kisses

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 21, 2006 @ 12:28 PM

Britain's Next Top Model did that. It really singled out the top-three for me.

Sweetxcape

Sweetxcape

Fanatic

Posted Feb 21, 2006 @ 1:24 PM

I *small voice* actually like a lot of the photo shoots ANTM has done - (my favorites being the ad where they posed as a different race with children, the magazine cover photoshoot where they took on different famous personas, and the secret ad from last season where they had the same outfit and same pose). -

I guess I love the ads where the models are transformed completely and have to step outside of their comfort zone (but not ridculously so, as in the superhero ad) or are placed on equal footing and made to bring their own interpretation to the photo.

YesYesNo

YesYesNo

Fanatic

Posted Feb 21, 2006 @ 3:05 PM

What, like Marilyn Manson's "Mechanical Animals" cover, but modelling shoes?

Awesome.

Yeah, like Sophie Dahl's Opium Ad and Bjork's All is Full Of Love/Cocoon Single Cover. They'd have to put the fire in their eyes and bring the fiercness.. Tyra loves fire and fierceness.

GoodThings

GoodThings

Fanatic

Posted Feb 21, 2006 @ 4:10 PM

I'd simply like them to go back to the style of Cycle 1, where the shoots were more simplistic and the model had to be pretty and good, since that was the focus. Really, the whole season had great "shoots" (though they didn't all turn out great), including simple bikini poses, the underwear pose in the hotel room (my fave!), even the snake pose was pretty simple and one of the only make-up heavy shoots.

So, give me simple....no "themes" and heavy make-up for the models to hide behind. Give me dramatic lighting and naked bodies (diamond shoot). Give me one male model, not eight. Forget the product placement (Jackass guys, 1-800-flowers, etc.) unless it really seems like a magazine ad (NOT Lubriderm). And do NOT blame the girls when you take a fishy-looing girl and make her a fish, when she has to compete against a water bearer and twins (horrible picture that was SO not Lluvy's fault...well, not entirely).

And hell to the yeah for everyone wanting high-fashion, not Oat Coture, everyone wanting flowing fairy-tale, princess, pretty pictures.

YesYesNo

YesYesNo

Fanatic

Posted Feb 21, 2006 @ 6:30 PM

About the Lubriderm shoot, I was reading an interview in GQ last summer with an ex-model named Emma something (works for MtvUK now) she said one of her first jobs in New York was a lubriderm advert and Lubriderm ads are one of the most soght after modelling jobs in NY.

GoodThings

GoodThings

Fanatic

Posted Feb 21, 2006 @ 7:03 PM

But did she have to pose as an elephant? Or was it one of those "let's have an alligator in the background to represent dry skin and the model to represent Lubriderm skin"? The product had (in this and other instances) nothing to do with the shoot and was actually quite the sore thumb, (rather than just artsy).

KFC

KFC

Fanatic

Posted Feb 21, 2006 @ 9:30 PM

In a variation on "Country Couture," I'd like another shoot where everyone is dressed in the same outfit, similar make-up, similar pose, etc. And I don't count the Levis ad or the kimono shot from C3.

Edited by KFC, Feb 21, 2006 @ 9:33 PM.

Nina

Nina

Fanatic

Posted Feb 21, 2006 @ 10:08 PM

I too would love to see something related to Greek mythology. I'd love to see the hamsters try pulling off Medusa or Venus (and no plastic orange potties, please).

Or perhaps they could pose as famous female literary characters. Such as from Shakespearean tragedies. Lady Macbeth (blood on her hands), Ophelia (drowning), Desdemona, Cordelia, and so on. Then again, maybe they shouldn't, as I'm a huge Shakespeare nerd and might end up bitter if they screw up any of my favorite characters.

lilshorty

lilshorty

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 21, 2006 @ 11:12 PM

How about another high fashion shoot like Solstice...

RubberDuckyRZ

RubberDuckyRZ

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 22, 2006 @ 2:06 AM

They should do a photoshoot where the girls are all Chinese zodiac animals. Sure, they might have done that for Cycle 4, but I have already decided that...

Gina can be the horse.
Jade can be the monkey.
Mollie Sue can be the serpent.
Furonda can be the rat.
Kathy can be the rooster.
Kari can be the pig.
Wendy can be the sheep.
Brooke can be the tiger.
Nnenna can be the ox.
Joanie can be the dragon.
Sara can be the dog and...
Leslie can be the rabbit.

Of course, that leaves Danielle to be the first one booted off.

RedHotRevolver

RedHotRevolver

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 22, 2006 @ 10:49 AM

i hate when the girls have to dress up as something ridiculous (superheroes, the ethnic got milk ad, the zodiac signs, the seven deadly sins, the african animals). keep it with things that could actually go in their portfolio. i thought maybe it would be cool to have the girls in all black jumpsuits with guns behind a full moon, kind of like sexy secret agents. or to evoke girls from the 20s, kind of like christina aguilera has been doing lately.

YesYesNo

YesYesNo

Fanatic

Posted Feb 22, 2006 @ 2:26 PM

But with Jay at the helm none of the artsy photoshoots will have cool results. The only one that really worked out was the split personalities shoot in cycle 3.

Edited by YesYesNo, Feb 22, 2006 @ 5:41 PM.

Poor Grace

Poor Grace

Fanatic

Posted Feb 23, 2006 @ 1:06 AM

i hate when the girls have to dress up as something ridiculous (superheroes, the ethnic got milk ad, the zodiac signs, the seven deadly sins, the african animals).

Can you imagine, like, Keenyah walking into an agency with that portfolio? "This is what I'd look like if I were Korean. Here's me as a bull, and here's me as an elephant!" I mean, no one could take that seriously.

I'd like to see a wedding dress shoot.

I saw some pics from Australia's Next Top Model that were just fabulous. Subtle, no clown make-up, no dress-up--just very editorial clothing based shoots. Unfortunately, I can't find any of them now. Even the official site reveals nothing.

shadowedcavern

shadowedcavern

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 25, 2006 @ 12:09 AM

Ok im gonna let it all out here. i dont want any more of these fantasy styled photoshoots ( eg/ zodiac, 7 sins, superhero) i want normal "good" looking photoshoots that you'd actually see in a real working models portfolio!!!!! seasons 1 and 2 were the perfect examples and also series 3. and im a booker so i know what i want to see!!!! im sorry but i dont like the idea of fairytale styled photoshoots and all that. in fact the only differant photoshoot idea that has been mentioned in this forum ( at least i think it was in this one ) is the one of each model representing fashion through a differant decade ( 1910, 20, 30......80, 90 etc) its realistic and really a good idea. what ever happened to the simplistic yet effective photoshoots that tyra and mr. jay used to come up with. i dont know if anyone has seen the AusNTMs photoshoots but my gosh so high fashion so simplistic, so effective!

Tyra, Mr Jay ..... you've lost your touch

Setlist

Setlist

Fanatic

• Interests:Indie rock music, skee ball, air hockey, and selling records.

Posted Feb 25, 2006 @ 8:05 AM

They should have a photo shoot where the girls dress up like the contestants that should have won in past cycles. The theme would be "If Only." Sigh.

idlip

idlip

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 28, 2006 @ 6:29 AM

We will never stop seeing fantasy-styled photoshoots. It brings the drama. Heck, even the website is piling it on already.