Ace Young: Hug It Out, Bitches

• Please log in to reply

3914 replies to this topic

Joe R

Joe R

Network Executive

Posted Feb 16, 2006 @ 1:31 AM

Aint ya heard? Your kind are making movies about drug dealers these days. And Dancing with the Stars. Set that Wayback Machine to 1999!

Thread title by annonshay

Runners-up:

Ace Young: Falsetto Idol (sic and pookle)
Ace Young: Beanie Babe (annonshay)
Ace Young: Care Bear Stare (annonshay)

Edited by Joe R, Apr 17, 2006 @ 6:59 PM.

WesternSkies

WesternSkies

Posted Feb 16, 2006 @ 2:50 AM

Firstsies!

I've been prepared to hate him on principle for, like, months...

...but man, is he pretty. :/ I have yet to be particularly impressed by his singing, unfortunately. Oops.

tommok

tommok

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 16, 2006 @ 3:45 AM

http://www.idolonfox...videos/?vid=147

He identifies himself with Constantine?!?!! Okay for me that does it. Officially back to hating again. Jezuz dude, I was just beginning to like you!

WesternSkies

WesternSkies

Posted Feb 16, 2006 @ 4:06 AM

Well, I'm biased 'cuz I love Constantine, but I actually thought Ace (hot!) came across (hot!) really well in (hot!) that interview. He seems like a (hot! hot! hot!) nice guy.

ETA: Shit, I'm postwhoring. Sorry. It's bad being one of the only people in the WORLD awake when all this stuff comes out. :(

Edited by WesternSkies, Feb 16, 2006 @ 4:07 AM.

Polymer

Polymer

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 16, 2006 @ 4:51 AM

He identifies himself with Constantine?!?!! Okay for me that does it. Officially back to hating again.

He identifies himself with Constantine?!?!! Okay for me that does it. Officially back to VOTING again.

mikeng

mikeng

Posted Feb 16, 2006 @ 6:06 AM

Well he does look like Constantine in that greasy, unshowered way.

pattyhoneycakes

pattyhoneycakes

Posted Feb 16, 2006 @ 6:41 AM

New performers, and I'm in on the beginning! Wheee!

I can see Ace becoming the heart throb of the season. Just watched his interview on americanidol.com and he seems pretty nice. He looks very clean to me. *g*

I am looking forward to seeing more of him as the season unfolds.

RBK Premier

RBK Premier

Fanatic

Posted Feb 16, 2006 @ 8:53 AM

I can see Ace becoming the heart throb of the season. Just watched his interview on americanidol.com and he seems pretty nice. He looks very clean to me

Ace came off pretty good in that interview. He's a family guy and visits children's hospitals on Christmas Day. He's definitely going to be the heartthrob.

Stormyweather

Stormyweather

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 16, 2006 @ 9:23 AM

He identifies himself with Constantine?!?!! Okay for me that does it. Officially back to VOTING again.

Hee, me too. I just watched his interview. AI got themselves the goody-two shoes version on Constantine.

He's a family guy and visits children's hospitals on Christmas Day. He's definitely going to be the heartthrob.

::::wipes away a tear::::: He's too much. *g*

SeaBreeze341

SeaBreeze341

Stalker

Posted Feb 16, 2006 @ 9:33 AM

Well, if he wants to identify himself with Constantine, then maybe he could channel the guy when it looks like he's destined to win, all the judges say he could win it, and then the next time we know, he's going home.

Outside of the competition, I respect him for his community service, especially on holidays.

Konfusion

Konfusion

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 16, 2006 @ 9:34 AM

In the words of my dad, "He's all long-haired and like Constantine, but not as creepy. And he can sing."

He's a family guy and visits children's hospitals on Christmas Day. He's definitely going to be the heartthrob.

Somewhere, a whole litter of kittens died to make up for the conservation of cute. He's so...good. He's hot, has a heart, can sing...I think that, statistically, he's got to be deformed in some way.

Braindead

Braindead

Posted Feb 16, 2006 @ 9:41 AM

He has IT.

He can sing, he looks GOOOOOD, and unless they uncover some police records, he seems like a really good guy.

I picked him in the auditions ... let's see if he can outsing some of the girls now.

ishcabibble

ishcabibble

Fanatic

Posted Feb 16, 2006 @ 9:54 AM

I've thought that Ace was H-O-T-T (yes, with 2 "t"'s) since his first audition, but like others here, was not terribly impressed with his voice. However, after reading his profile, I think I may be falling in lurve! I mean come on, the guy lists Mel Torme as his favorite male artist!

Cimi

Cimi

Posted Feb 16, 2006 @ 10:06 AM

Bleh! I knew there was a reason for my HATE. He's ConstantCreepy part II and he even admits it.

18bored

18bored

Posted Feb 16, 2006 @ 10:17 AM

Yeah. I'm on my way to checking out anyway. Ace isn't that great. I don't know.

Tegan Jovanka

Tegan Jovanka

Posted Feb 16, 2006 @ 11:08 AM

He would look better with a haircut and a shave. Some men look brooding with that style, but he just looks like a wino who hangs out in the library.

I know I might get pelted but I always thought Connie had a better voice than he was given credit for. Ace is certainly more handsome than Connie, but I thought his voice (the little we heard) was very syrupy and fragile. I wasn't that impressed.

Miss Crabtree

Miss Crabtree

Fanatic

Posted Feb 16, 2006 @ 11:12 AM

the guy lists Mel Torme as his favorite male artist!

Aww, I had to read this. Now I have to like him, too. Damn his good taste!

zod

zod

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 16, 2006 @ 11:31 AM

And Jackie Wilson as a hero! Boy does have good taste. And he loves football and bears a passing resemblance to a longhaired Scott Speedman? I officially love him.

Edited by zod, Feb 16, 2006 @ 4:34 PM.

Dawn M

Dawn M

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 16, 2006 @ 11:59 AM

I could definitely see this guy eye-fucking the audience with the best of them. I could actually hate him at some point in this competition.

But for now, he's really really *pretty*. Like the kind of pretty that makes me forget where I live and what my name is and hey, how'd I end up on my basement floor with a concussion?

ostentatious

ostentatious

Stalker

Posted Feb 16, 2006 @ 12:03 PM

I dunno, I like him. The fact that Patrick Hall snarked on his prettiness made me like both of them, "Ace" because it makes me think that backstage, the other guys break his balls about the way he looks and he's cool and good natured about it.

starwannabe

starwannabe

Fanatic

Posted Feb 16, 2006 @ 12:27 PM

I could definitely see this guy eye-fucking the audience with the best of them. I could actually hate him at some point in this competition.

Could be, Dawn M, but I don't think I'd feel as big a need to shower off the slime as I did with Constantine.

Hey, it's "The New Constantine, Now With 90% Less Slime!"

Edited by starwannabe, Feb 16, 2006 @ 12:28 PM.

Rinote

Rinote

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 16, 2006 @ 12:45 PM

Best. Name. Ever.

gaia13fr

gaia13fr

Posted Feb 16, 2006 @ 1:02 PM

WesternSkies don't you dare... Repeat after me: AssyAcey is not pretty!

So anyway, I'm going to enjoy hating on this guy. I find him way creepier than Constantine, in his boyband, Enrike Eglesias-breathing voice, tench face (or toad face for those of you who don't know what a tench is) way.

At least Constantine had character, and personality. And an expression in his eyes. AssyAce is pretty va-cant.

Oh good grief he even has a Henry Duarte shirt!! Dude, when Constantine was wearing these shirts they were already 6 months ago!! He IS Constantine light! His interview could be Constantine's: football nut, Prince lover... he acts too? BWAAH!

His only redeeming value is that he's not pretending to be a rocker. And that he actually see Constantine has someone who was worthy of emulation. (Is that a word?)

Looks like Constantine, wants to be Constantine... Aah this is going to be fun.

watchergirl

watchergirl

Fanatic

Posted Feb 16, 2006 @ 1:34 PM

I hate myself for admitting this because I spent all of last season hating on 2Cats, and I believed that most of his support came from people who voted for him because they thought he was pretty.

Now I want to vote for Ace because he is so smoking hot that my brain just...shuts down. Even though I know he is going to be pimped to high heaven, that he's kind of breathy and only good, not great as a singer, I just...he's *so* hot.

I hate everything.

Stormyweather

Stormyweather

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 16, 2006 @ 2:07 PM

Looks like Constantine, wants to be Constantine... Aah this is going to be fun.

Thread title? Yep, I thought this year was going to be boring but I can't wait to see how Constantine Light does this year now.

Jewel Mayhew

Jewel Mayhew

Posted Feb 16, 2006 @ 2:18 PM

He can't really sing, but a part of me likes him just for listing Jackie Wilson as one of his heroes. Love me some Jackie.

johnnywang57

johnnywang57

Posted Feb 16, 2006 @ 3:22 PM

I swear to God that when Ace found out he made it through that Simon said "Get yourself a haircut, kiddo." I actually re-wound it, and to my dismay I was completely off. Maybe just wishful thinking.

But, um. Hottie.

RBK Premier

RBK Premier

Fanatic

Posted Feb 16, 2006 @ 3:36 PM

I swear to God that when Ace found out he made it through that Simon said "Get yourself a haircut, kiddo." I actually re-wound it, and to my dismay I was completely off. Maybe just wishful thinking.

I don't think Simon said that. I think Ace does look better with shorter hair and clean shaven. He's still pretty though.

sugahoney77

sugahoney77

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 16, 2006 @ 3:45 PM

I don't think Simon said that. I think Ace does look better with shorter hair and clean shaven. He's still pretty though.

Wow! Is that really him? I wan't that attractive to him before but he's smoking that picture. I don't see how long hair is even an option. I guess it's supposed to make him look more "musical" or whatever. As far as his singing he's still meh to me.

Grim

Grim

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 16, 2006 @ 3:48 PM

I think Ace does look better with shorter hair and clean shaven. He's still pretty though.

Thank-you RBK Premier. THAT'S what I'm wanting from Ace! Cut off the Fabio hair and look like this. And maybe sing better. Hee.