Your Favorite TV Crush

• Please log in to reply

3482 replies to this topic

Jeebus Cripes

Jeebus Cripes

Fanatic

Posted Jul 15, 2012 @ 1:24 AM

It's been a couple of months, but I'm still crushing on Jaqen H'ghar (Game of Thrones) and its not going away.

A girl has the same problem. I would gladly show a man a good time.

Get in line behind this girl. The line is long. It is known.

killershrew

killershrew

Fanatic

Posted Aug 1, 2012 @ 3:06 PM

I feel like I'm late to the party because this show's been on for a while, but I am just now discovering the joys of Matthew Gray Gubler.

cacophony

cacophony

Fanatic

Posted Aug 1, 2012 @ 3:22 PM

Oh Olympic swimmers from lands far and wide... how you steal my tiny tin heart every four years.

visenya6

visenya6

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 1, 2012 @ 6:04 PM

It's been a couple of months, but I'm still crushing on Jaqen H'ghar (Game of Thrones) and its not going away.

A girl has the same problem. I would gladly show a man a good time.

Get in line behind this girl. The line is long. It is known.

It is known, indeed.

I'm sure there are others out there, but a man can't be replaced.

Edited by visenya6, Aug 1, 2012 @ 6:06 PM.

BooksRule

BooksRule

Fanatic

Posted Aug 5, 2012 @ 3:33 PM

As a child (and even as a young adult) I thought that James MacArthur ('book 'em, Danno!) was totally cute. I watched 'Hawaii 5-0' every week just to see him (certainly not to see Jack Lord--I didn't care for him). Now I look back and think the whole thing is kind of weird, because he was so much older than me. Now I look at pictures of him and wonder what I saw in him (I now think his hair was odd-looking. Maybe it was the eyes. He had nice eyes). That being said, I still wish that the movie he did in the 1960s with Hayley Mills, 'The truth about Spring' would be released on DVD (or at least shown on TCM or something).

corvus13

corvus13

Stalker

Posted Aug 5, 2012 @ 4:13 PM

James MacArthur was very good in the proto-Waltons movie called "Spencer's Mountain". He had the John-Boy role (his character's name was Clay Boy), and Henry Fonda and Maureen O'Hara were the parents.

BooksRule

BooksRule

Fanatic

Posted Aug 5, 2012 @ 5:02 PM

I forgot about 'Spencer's Mountain'. I haven't seen that in years. I remember him in that movie. He was working to get college money and had a little romance with the mill owner's daugher, IIRC. Veronica Cartright was in it, too ('Look! Bosoms!')

espie

espie

Fanatic

Posted Aug 20, 2012 @ 10:56 AM

As a child (and even as a young adult) I thought that James MacArthur ('book 'em, Danno!) was totally cute. I watched 'Hawaii 5-0' every week just to see him (certainly not to see Jack Lord--I didn't care for him). Now I look back and think the whole thing is kind of weird, because he was so much older than me.

40 years separated me and Patrick Macnee, but I never let that stop me, and I still think he was hot as John Steed. It's funny, though, how some of those older crushes are so totally "what the hell was I THINKING??" when I look back on them. Sometimes I'm glad I'm not still close to my childhood friends, because sooner or later one of them would say "remember how in love you were with _____?" and then I'd have to kill her.

Kosmonaut

Kosmonaut

Stalker

Posted Aug 20, 2012 @ 12:24 PM

I am totally crushing on Project Runway's Dmitry. *hangs head in shame*

ETA: Edited to actually get his name right!

Edited by Kosmonaut, Aug 20, 2012 @ 3:13 PM.

NIccibee

NIccibee

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 21, 2012 @ 8:02 AM

Oh Olympic swimmers from lands far and wide... how you steal my tiny tin heart every four years.

heee! I would also like to thank the Olympics for introducing me to Water Polo.

I watch for the sport.

dqsidekick

dqsidekick

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 28, 2012 @ 4:19 PM

I am seriously crushing on the men of Grimm. Russell Hornsby, Sasha Roiz, and Reggie Lee--I want to carry him around in my pocket and have him say funny Sgt. Wu stuff to cheer me up at work! Russell can sit next to my desk and smile and twinkle those big brown eyes. Sasha--I'm think shirtless, french-speaking, in-house barista.

killershrew

killershrew

Fanatic

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 11:02 AM

Well, that's fine with me, because that leaves Silas Weir Mitchell allll alone and needing some comforting.

dqsidekick

dqsidekick

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 12:41 PM

Aw, I love Silas as Monroe, however, my brother looks quite a bit like him (same height, same eye, hair and complexion coloring--seriously, my brother just needs to grow a beard!) and that's definitely a crush-killer so he's all yours!

janie jones

janie jones

Stalker

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 8:39 PM

Not that they were ugly before, but I think the men on that show somehow got handsomer over the summer.

Edited by janie jones, Aug 29, 2012 @ 8:39 PM.

cacophony

cacophony

Fanatic

Posted Aug 30, 2012 @ 12:53 PM

Not that they were ugly before, but I think the men on that show somehow got handsomer over the summer.

Maybe they got stylists? Never underestimate the power of a good stylist.

I've been watching Suits this summer and while the sleezy lawyer in a power suit has never been my thing before, Harvey and Mike are very dishy.

Kosmonaut

Kosmonaut

Stalker

Posted Aug 30, 2012 @ 2:19 PM

Yeah, I'm not usually one for pretty boys with short hair but David Giuntoli is really rocking my world this season. He is a babe.

I've been watching Suits this summer and while the sleezy lawyer in a power suit has never been my thing before, Harvey and Mike are very dishy.

I have this theory that all men are at least 10x more attractive in a suit. There's got to be a simple formula for that kind of thing.

AimingforYoko

AimingforYoko

Stalker

Posted Aug 30, 2012 @ 6:43 PM

I have this theory that all men are at least 10x more attractive in a suit. There's got to be a simple formula for that kind of thing.

The key is a well-tailored suit. That's why NBA players are the best-dressed, all their clothes are tailor-made.

BooksRule

BooksRule

Fanatic

Posted Aug 31, 2012 @ 9:32 AM

James MacArthur was very good in the proto-Waltons movie called "Spencer's Mountain". He had the John-Boy role (his character's name was Clay Boy), and Henry Fonda and Maureen O'Hara were the parents.

For others who crushed on James MacArthur, the INSP channel is showing 'Spencer's Mountain' tomorrow (twice, I think).

On topic: I also had a thing for Randolph Mantooth of 'Emergency'. I had forgotten about it until recently, and I was just reminded of it because of a really bad movie ('Fire Serpent') that is currently showing on the Syfy channel--he's in it. He is still nice-looking, but when I see older photos/clips of him in the 'Emergency' days, I now notice how skinny he was. It's funny how our tastes change over the years.

MsTaken

MsTaken

Stalker

Posted Sep 6, 2012 @ 7:59 AM

Since not many others have mentioned Will Arnett lately, does that mean you're all conceding that he's mine? Okay, if you insist, I'll take him. ;) It's funny, because I can name quite a few male actors who are more objectively handsome, but something about Will Arnett is just uniquely drool-worthy to me. I love his general affect, his eyes, the way he's among the few male comic actors who doesn't seem too smirky and smug about how funny he is, and last but far from least,there's that deep, rich voice of his....*starts rewatching GOB-heavy Arrested Development episodes for roughly the 12 zillionth time*

cacophony

cacophony

Fanatic

Posted Sep 6, 2012 @ 10:53 AM

I'll fight you for him, MsTaken. Or at least thumb wrestle. I bloody love Will Arnett. He's dreamy. And the voice is pretty much my kryptonite.

ETA: Will and Amy are splitting up. I realize this makes me sound like a crazy internet person but I am genuinely upset by this. Not Will and Amy!

Edited by cacophony, Sep 6, 2012 @ 6:44 PM.

Bruinsfan

Bruinsfan

Stalker

Posted Sep 7, 2012 @ 4:13 PM

I've always been put of by his ceaseless portrayals of smug, halfwitted douches, but I too am sad to hear about them splitting up.

MsTaken

MsTaken

Stalker

Posted Sep 7, 2012 @ 5:25 PM

I swear I had no idea while gushing about my crush on Will Arnett that that he and Amy had just split up. Very sad news.

Another Arrested Development-related crush? Scott Baio as Bob Loblaw. I find myself wearing out those pause and rewind buttons whenever he's on screen.

Edited by MsTaken, Sep 7, 2012 @ 5:25 PM.

Jeebus Cripes

Jeebus Cripes

Fanatic

Posted Oct 23, 2012 @ 4:51 AM

I am seriously crushing on the men of Grimm. Russell Hornsby, Sasha Roiz, and Reggie Lee--I want to carry him around in my pocket and have him say funny Sgt. Wu stuff to cheer me up at work! Russell can sit next to my desk and smile and twinkle those big brown eyes. Sasha--I'm think shirtless, french-speaking, in-house barista.

My Sasha Roiz lust is out of control this season. I can't even pay attention to the dialogue anymore. Just get in my bed already!

No matter how much they dirty up Anson Mount in Hell on Wheels, he remains the hottest guy I've ever seen in my life. I can't even deal with how gorgeous he is.

Oh, and Captain Hook from Once Upon a Time. That dude's hotness is some next level shit. Then they went and put guyliner on him, which profoundly makes any guy exponentionally hotter. How am I supposed to deal with that?

cacophony

cacophony

Fanatic

Posted Oct 26, 2012 @ 2:04 PM

Dear Deacon Claybourne,

I realize you're pining after someone else and apparently easily seduced by tiny country bitches. There are some who feel the men of Nashville blur together a bit. And I should be far too smart for your 'soulful artist with a tortured past' thing. It's just that the 19 year-old version of me really needs you to call me, k?

Fondly,
cacophony

Cynic

Cynic

Fanatic

Posted Oct 26, 2012 @ 5:40 PM

I've been crushing on Jonny Lee Miller since Hackers. I thought his hotness had reached its pinnacle in period dress as the uppercrust Mr. Knightly in Emma. I was wrong. Somehow he's even hotter in shabby clothes and covered in tattoos as Sherlock Holmes in Elementary. Yowsa.

I'd also like to give a shout out to the men of Nikita...all of them...but especially Michael. I never really gave Shane West a passing thought before, but he is blazing hot on this show. I don't know why. Maybe it's his really big gun.

Jeebus Cripes

Jeebus Cripes

Fanatic

Posted Oct 27, 2012 @ 2:36 AM

I'd also like to give a shout out to the men of Nikita...all of them...but especially Michael. I never really gave Shane West a passing thought before, but he is blazing hot on this show. I don't know why. Maybe it's his really big gun.

Or that sexy Batman voice he uses? I'm not talking of the Christian Bale variety but legit Batman voice. It's hot. I felt the same way as you until Nikita.

killershrew

killershrew

Fanatic

Posted Oct 27, 2012 @ 5:59 PM

The post about "Nashville"'s Deacon Claybourne character made me look him up, and Holy cats! I did not realize until just now that this same actor used to appear on "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" under the name Chip Esten. I thought he was hot back then, too.

Cynic

Cynic

Fanatic

Posted Oct 27, 2012 @ 10:46 PM

Or that sexy Batman voice he uses? I'm not talking of the Christian Bale variety but legit Batman voice.

Oh yeah, he has a great voice. It might be the Nikita wardrobe too. Seems like he's really casual in real life, but I love how he totally works the slim cut suits on the show especially with the blue shirts.

ParadoxLost

ParadoxLost

Fanatic

Posted Oct 27, 2012 @ 11:15 PM

I fiind it ridicuously hot when Peter Bishopon Fringe shoots Observers with a gun in each hand. Now its gone too far because apparently having him wear a gas mask while he does so does not detract from the hotness.

Kosmonaut

Kosmonaut

Stalker

Posted Oct 30, 2012 @ 2:49 PM

David Morrissey was cute in The Next Doctor and all, but is it weird that I find him absolutely irresistible as The Governor on The Walking Dead? I can't even get mad at Andrea because I am so right there with her. "He's obviously crazy, but still..." *head in hands, eyelashes a-fluttering*

Edited by Kosmonaut, Oct 30, 2012 @ 2:49 PM.