Your Favorite TV Crush

• Please log in to reply

3482 replies to this topic

Laval

Laval

Fanatic

Posted Feb 14, 2006 @ 6:08 PM

There is always a moment in your life when you have a crush on somebody and think that person is cute and very pretty. Television is no exception. Since today is Valentine's Day, I figure its the right time to name your favorite TV Crush. It can be a TV actor or TV character from the past and/or present.

I know that she doesn't smile very often on 24, but I really like Chloe O'Brian.

Edited by Laval, Feb 14, 2006 @ 6:12 PM.

Backstagebear

Backstagebear

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 14, 2006 @ 6:11 PM

Scott Patterson (Luke Danes), before the current season of Gilmore Girls. He's a modern Cary Grant. Handsome, charming, funny, clever. Perfect.

Edited by Backstagebear, Feb 14, 2006 @ 6:12 PM.

daisycat71

daisycat71

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 14, 2006 @ 6:12 PM

My biggest case goes back to my teenybopper days with David Cassidy.

Today, I'd say McDreamy truly is McDreamy, though I'm past the age when I would fantasize about an actor.

Nikki125

Nikki125

Fanatic

Posted Feb 14, 2006 @ 6:13 PM

The list would be way too long if I named all my TV crushes since the beginning of my TV viewing history, but my current favorites are Wentworth Miller (Prison Break), Josh Holloway (Lost), and Tahmoh Penikett (Battlestar Galactica).

janeybird

janeybird

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 14, 2006 @ 6:13 PM

I seem to have this sudden obsessive crush on Cesar Millan (The dog whisperer).
Maybe its the accent.....

Nikki125

Nikki125

Fanatic

Posted Feb 14, 2006 @ 6:21 PM

Today, I'd say McDreamy truly is McDreamy

Yeah, Patrick Dempsey is gorgeous, but this reminded me of the huge crush I had on Kyle Chandler. I first saw him on Homefront and then I watched him on Early Edition. I think I watched that show longer than I wanted to just to get a glimpse of him every week. And damn you, Grey's Anatomy for blowing him to pieces! Why couldn't you have made him a regular?

labprincess

labprincess

Fanatic

Posted Feb 14, 2006 @ 6:26 PM

Right now it's Sayid on Lost. Not only is he hot, he can fix any mechanical device (he's the Iraqi McGuyver :), whip up a nice picnic on the beach, and build a jungle love shack! He can tie me to a tree and um, interrogate me any day.
Now, if only they'd give him more than 2 minutes of screen time...

I'm also becoming increasingly fond of George on Grey's Anatomy. He's a sweetie. I would've gotten rid of the dog before I'd even think of letting George move out of my house.

Before the bastards killed him, Vaughn on Alias. He was the only reason I continued to watch through the crap that was season 3. He's pretty. He even looked hot dressed up in Goth-gear.

And back when ST:DS9 was on, Dr. Bashir. So many fans hated him, but I loved him. I guess it helped that he was cute and had a nice accent, and that I was 13 when the show premeired. But to this day, I'll still watch pretty much anything Alexander Siddig has a part in.

ETA:

Why couldn't you have made him [Kyle Chandler] a regular?

Word. Blowing him up was stupid. He's a good actor and he brings the hotness.

Edited by labprincess, Feb 14, 2006 @ 6:28 PM.

McKay

McKay

Stalker

Posted Feb 14, 2006 @ 6:32 PM

Lilly Rush. Complex, troubled, intelligent, tough as nails (yet vulnerable!), dedicated, likes broken cats (my biggest weakness) and beautiful. What's not to love?
And my crush on Rachel Gibson is coming along nicely. Scared, but does her damnedest to suck it up and kick ass anyway.

Edited by McKay, Feb 14, 2006 @ 8:18 PM.

Anakerie

Anakerie

Fanatic

Posted Feb 14, 2006 @ 6:33 PM

Javier Vachon on "Forever Knight". Then again, I also had a major thing for LaCroix, especially when he did his Nightcrawler radio broadcasts. "If you love something set it free. If it comes back, it's yours. If it doesn't, hunt it down and kill it."

Rozinante

Rozinante

Posted Feb 14, 2006 @ 6:34 PM

If I listed all the celebrity crushes I've ever had, we'd be here all night. (Oded Fehr, Hugh Jackman, Dale Midkiff, George Eads, Tom Selleck, Richard Dean Anderson, Scott Bakula, Jacques Torres, Sam Elliott, George Peppard, Alton Brown, Alan Rickman, Paul Gross...)

But one of my more recent ones is Max Mixson with the Houston ASPCA (Animal Cops: Houston).

I don't know why, but he's the main reason I kept watching AC: Houston, because my initial reaction was that there were already two animal cops shows, and they didn't really need a third one.

I still believe that, but I think I'm also developing a little crush for Lt. Michael Scott of AC: SF. It happened when that weeny little Chih fell for him so hard. I think I did, too. Heh.

Mack the Spoon

Mack the Spoon

Stalker

Posted Feb 14, 2006 @ 6:38 PM

A lot of mine have already been listed, but I must add Hugh Laurie. He is brilliant in every way. Amazing.

Queenrikki

Queenrikki

Fanatic

Posted Feb 14, 2006 @ 6:39 PM

God, after this past Sunday's Grey's Anatomy George is pretty much the list right now. I almost died from George-cuteness overload.

fuzzy_ears

fuzzy_ears

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 14, 2006 @ 6:44 PM

I had a crush on Mr. Sark of Alias....

Lt. Michael Scott

Which reminds me, I am currently crushing on Jim from The Office.

vorpal_poet

vorpal_poet

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 14, 2006 @ 6:44 PM

Max Mixson with the Houston ASPCA

Oh, me too! To me he looks like a slightly chubbier Bradley Cooper. Yum.

My newest favorite is Burke on Grey's Anatomy. He's just so, you know. Hot.

Namarie

Namarie

Stalker

Posted Feb 14, 2006 @ 6:47 PM

Mark Harmon, David James Elliott. So nice...

Many of the previous ones apply to me, as well.

Spookster831

Spookster831

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 14, 2006 @ 6:46 PM

Hmm...

Well, Wilson from House. House from House. Mulder from the X-Files. Hell yes.

Nikki125

Nikki125

Fanatic

Posted Feb 14, 2006 @ 6:47 PM

I'm also becoming increasingly fond of George on Grey's Anatomy. He's a sweetie. I would've gotten rid of the dog before I'd even think of letting George move out of my house.

God, after this past Sunday's Grey's Anatomy George is pretty much the list right now. I almost died from George-cuteness overload.

ITA! I always thought George was cute in a dorky-guy-who-needs-to-comb-his-hair kind of way, but I found him so sexy after the last ep. I loved when he was talking to Bailey, touching her face, and then jumped behind her to help her deliver the baby. Mrowr!

Edited by Nikki125, Feb 14, 2006 @ 10:49 PM.

almostlunchtime

almostlunchtime

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 14, 2006 @ 6:56 PM

I always thought George was cute in a dorky-guy-who-needs-to-comb-his-hair kind of way, but I found him so sexy after the last ep.

Funny, sweet, overall awesome guy I can see, but I just can't find George sexy. The post-Superbowl fantasy shower scene confirmed it. Now, Dr. Preston Burke (Isaiah Washington) on the other hand, I like.

I think Joey Cheek is cute, too. And Sawyer on Lost. And Weevil on Veronica Mars. I'm a closet fangirl.

bettymojo

bettymojo

Posted Feb 14, 2006 @ 6:57 PM

My absolute first was Kirk Cameron, shortly followed by Johnny Depp.

Most recently I had the major hots for Burton from Survivor.

Nowadays it's Benjamin McKenzie, Wentworth Miller and - don't kill me, I take plenty of flak for this, let me tell you - Robert Knepper.

It's bad, and wrong, but I can't help it.

lilxprincess

lilxprincess

Fanatic

Posted Feb 14, 2006 @ 7:04 PM

Three words:

Anthony. Stewart. Head.

He's my McDreamy. He's only 34 years older than me...

Edited by lilxprincess, Feb 14, 2006 @ 7:04 PM.

Unraveled

Unraveled

Fanatic

Posted Feb 14, 2006 @ 7:16 PM

Wentworth Miller and his character, Michael, are totally hot. They both seem like intelligent, caring, and hot men. He could give me his Blue Steel and his shirt off anytime.

I have a tiny girl crush on Summer Roberts from the OC. Granted, in real life, if I was gay or a straight male, I would never date her. But she [and the actress] is adorable!

Along those lines, both the characters that Adam Brody portrays, Seth from the OC and Dave from Gilmore Girls are characters that I would gladly date. They have "quirky" interests, and really sweet guys.

Queenrikki

Queenrikki

Fanatic

Posted Feb 14, 2006 @ 7:19 PM

My absolute first was Kirk Cameron

Oh, you poor dear. Okay, I loved him too. It just sort of makes me sad now.

Since it seems to be going around these days, I'll admit I loved Kyle Chandler. I watched Homefront, I watched Early Edition, I watched him become "pink mist" on Grey's Anatomy *wails*. He's awesome and cute and I wish I could take him home with me.

Funny, sweet, overall awesome guy I can see, but I just can't find George sexy. The post-Superbowl fantasy shower scene confirmed it. Now, Dr. Preston Burke (Isaiah Washington) on the other hand, I like.

I never found Isaiah Washington attractive before Grey's, but he is oddly hot there. I didn't really find George sexy until the last episode. Then, well, if he'd walked by me, I would have jumped him in the middle of the hallway. And since I'm talking about Grey's Anatomy any way, let's mention Derek. God is he hot. I always thought Patrick Dempsey was odd looking as a young man, but good lord, were his 30s good for him.

Jetjat

Jetjat

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 14, 2006 @ 7:23 PM

Girl crush: Jennifer Garner

Heterosexual crush: Bradley Cooper *sigh* (and the character\Will Tippin, post wussy-ass reporter turned hot construction worker, sometimes undercover CIA agent, witness protected Jonah.)

Pronger44

Pronger44

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 14, 2006 @ 7:28 PM

So many to choose from...lately, I have been watching my Angel DVD's so Wesley Wyndham-Price (Alexis Denisof) has to be at the top of my TV crush list. My all-time laminated crush list would be this:
  • Byron Sully (Joe Lando)
  • Michael Vaughn (Michael Vartan)
  • John Crighton (Ben Browder)
  • Tony Almeida (Carlos Bernard)
  • Ben Covington (Scott Speedman)
  • Alternate: Wesley Wyndham-Price (Alexis Denisof)
I just love Wesley. From his first goofy-uptight introduction on Buffy to his scruffy bad-boy in season four of Angel, he just does it for me. It doesn't hurt that he's super-hot and has an awesome accent. YMMV, of course.

MelMelW

MelMelW

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 14, 2006 @ 7:29 PM

I want in on this . . .

Which reminds me, I am currently crushing on Jim from The Office.

Hell yes. I can't believe Pam - one of the better female characters on TV - hasn't dumped stupid Ray yet.

I am on board with the George love, also.

Loved Josh Randall on Ed, but cannot stand Courting Alex, so I had to give him up.

Also: Bradley Whitford. I don't know what it is, but I love that man.

Going back in the day, I have to go with Fred Savage, and I know people are laughing their asses off at me, and I don't care.

eagle

eagle

Fanatic

Posted Feb 14, 2006 @ 7:38 PM

Going back in the day, I have to go with Fred Savage, and I know people are laughing their asses off at me, and I don't care.

Hell, no, I'm not laughing. Fred Savage was my very first TV crush. I was only 9, but in my head, Kevin Arnold was totally my boyfriend. I even tried to grow my hair long like Winnie, but my curly hair wouldn't cooperate.

Longest running crush on a fictional character would have to be Jordan Catalano (Jared Leto). I actually used to break into hysterical giggles whenever he was on the screen. You know that line Angela says, "You're so beautiful...it hurts to look at you"? That completely expressed my feelings.

Current crush would have to be Jim Halpert, on The Office, which several people have already mentioned. Stop by the subforum! It's tons o' fun!

Videostar

Videostar

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 14, 2006 @ 7:39 PM

Now and forever, my #1 TV crush is Jordan Catalano from My So-Called Life, even though he kinda sucked as a boyfriend.

I also have a cartoon crush on Goliath from Gargoyles.

purple hippo

purple hippo

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 14, 2006 @ 7:40 PM

Three words, six syllables: Dr. Daniel Jackson. Yeah, I said it. Apparently, Iím a sucker for men who have gorgeous blue eyes, cute little nerdy gold-framed glasses, and the ability to speak faster than the speed of light. Go figure.

murphsully

murphsully

Fanatic

Posted Feb 14, 2006 @ 7:42 PM

I so had a crush on Almanzo (Dean Butler) from Little House on the Prairie. I can't think of any others right now, but I'm sure that there were more....

MysteriousKitty

MysteriousKitty

Posted Feb 14, 2006 @ 7:45 PM

My first tv crush was Dr. Doug Ross. George Clooney was gorgeous and so hunky. I still like him but I am not fan girl crazy like I used to be.

My new crush: Doug Wilson from "Trading Spaces". Yes I know he is a cad and a nuts designer but something about him just makes me want to jump him.

For my girlcrush it's a tie between Susannah from "Ballroom Bootcamp" and Giselle Fernandez from "Dancing with the Stars". Both ladies so sweet and so funny. Both so sexy and flexible.

Edited becuase incorrect spelling is not hot.

Edited by MysteriousKitty, Feb 14, 2006 @ 7:47 PM.