The Office in the Media: Dunder Mifflin Newsletter

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

3019 replies to this topic

BlackCorduroy

BlackCorduroy

Fanatic

Posted Feb 10, 2006 @ 10:15 PM

I thought there was a definite shout-out in one of the four Arrested Development episodes tonight where Michael enters his office and one of the employees is limping out with a foot injury. Then he goes over to a whiteboard and erases "Days without a workplace-related injury: 27" to write "1". (Very much paraphrased since I'm still reeling from that marathon).

But yes, this thread is for all instances of The Office in the media.

oakgal

oakgal

Stalker

• Interests:Scrabble, modern design, crosswords, collecting handbags, reading mysteries and procrastinating.

Posted Feb 10, 2006 @ 10:52 PM

As mentioned in the previous thread, apparently the cast are going to be featured in next week's Entertainment Weekly. Yay!

marya

marya

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 10, 2006 @ 10:53 PM

Oh! I wondered what that was all about. I'm dumb. But in my defense, my brain has been fried by 2 hours of Arrested Development.

Boof

Boof

Fanatic

Posted Feb 11, 2006 @ 1:46 AM

I'm thinking this is the right forum for these. Here is an article from Slate. Not sure if someone put it up in the old thread, but good article to bump up. Talks about how the US got one right and didn't mangle the Office, yet still managed to make it our own.

Pop Culture Freak

Pop Culture Freak

Stalker

Posted Feb 13, 2006 @ 9:27 AM

For those interested, Amy Adams will be on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on Thursday. I'm sure she'll be talking about Junebug, but still!

makelikeatree

makelikeatree

Fanatic

Posted Feb 14, 2006 @ 3:43 AM

There was a quick mention of the show on Showbiz Tonight on CNN Headline News today. They were talking about product placement in tv shows and they showed a clip of the iPOD being passed aroung from the Christmas party episode. That's it, but hey, I got a little tingly inside as soon as I saw Dwight with his elf ears.

ETA: No, Dwight does not get me tingly like that...just, ewwww...but The Office in general does.

Edited by makelikeatree, Feb 14, 2006 @ 3:44 AM.

Pixel

Pixel

Stalker

Posted Feb 14, 2006 @ 7:06 AM

I'm not sure if this is the thread for this sort of thing, but Angela Martin's myspace is updated with info about Valentine's Day show. The key Dwight gave her was to his house.
Angela's Blog

Pop Culture Freak

Pop Culture Freak

Stalker

Posted Feb 14, 2006 @ 9:33 AM

I know this was reported earlier, but I'm not sure if it was known that the ep won't air 'til next season. This is from the Chicago Tribune:

Ricky Gervais, the original creator of the "The Office" and the star of the British version of the show, is writing an episode of the American "Office," according to England's Mirror newspaper (via TVTattle.com). The bad news: Gervais' episode won't air until next season.

SisterAngela

SisterAngela

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 14, 2006 @ 10:25 AM

Something else I noticed from the Arrested Development mini-marathon was that George Sr. was all depressed when Micheal told him shrimp fest was over, so he says something about going to Chili's instead. It could be a coincidence, but I like to believe otherwise.

Nerg

Nerg

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 14, 2006 @ 1:59 PM

Last night I saw part of some special on the TV Guide channel on TV's 20 Hottest Couples. Jim and Pam were number 18 (I think). They should have been higher, but at least the show's being recognized. Oh yeah, and they were tied with Logan and Veronica from VM.

JustinCase

JustinCase

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 14, 2006 @ 8:19 PM

Didn't know what thread to put this in, but NBC has added 1 episode of THE OFFICE and its season finale won't air until May 11... apparently they're sprinkling in more repeats.

Bottom line: Great news because the show won't disappear on March 30 as originally skedded!

Kai

Kai

Fanatic

Posted Feb 14, 2006 @ 8:26 PM

So, I guess they're going to push some episodes through April rather than airing everything in March...?

Edited by Kai, Feb 14, 2006 @ 8:26 PM.

Turnberry

Turnberry

Couch Potato

Didn't know what thread to put this in, but NBC has added 1 episode of THE OFFICE and its season finale won't air until May 11... apparently they're sprinkling in more repeats.

Thanks! Do you have a link?

JustinCase

JustinCase

Loyal Viewer

That's how I see it, Kai.

eagle

eagle

Fanatic

Posted Feb 14, 2006 @ 8:29 PM

Yay! I didn't start watching until Booze Cuise, so I've seen most of the episodes on my computer screen. I'm psyched we're getting repeats. That is the weirdest sentence I've ever written about a television show.

tvguru94

tvguru94

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 15, 2006 @ 3:38 PM

Here's the link to the article about the new date for the season finale -

Link

marya

marya

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 15, 2006 @ 4:51 PM

through May 11 as the network will add an extra original episode plus other encore broadcasts

Woo hoo!

That's a lot of "encore broadcasts" from March 30 - May 11.

Skully

Skully

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 15, 2006 @ 7:31 PM

I'm posting this more as an educational service for those who don't know about the UK version. The Onion just did their list of Top 10 TV Romances and Tim and Dawn (the Jim and Pam of the UK) were listed as number 3. If you plan on watching the UK version, avoid the post for spoilers.
http://www.avclub.co...tent/node/45176

3. Tim Canterbury and Dawn Tinsley (as played by Martin Freeman and Lucy Davis), The Office

The original British version of The Office hilariously skewers cubicle drudgery and the delusions of reality-TV stars, but the show's heart is in the poignantly awkward dance of seduction between underachieving paper salesman Tim and engaged receptionist Dawn. It's a sweet story, in part because anyone who's ever flirted with a co-worker knows that Tim and Dawn's dalliance is born more of boredom than true love. The American version has handled the relationship surprisingly well—thanks to sympathetic performances by John Krasinski and Jenna Fischer—but the new series' open-ended nature means we're unlikely to see a moment as heart-stopping as the one where Tim detaches his microphone to go tell Dawn how he feels, then returns, puts the mike back on, glances into the camera, and says, "She said no."

Shanna Marie

Shanna Marie

Stalker

Posted Feb 15, 2006 @ 11:14 PM

The Office got yet another shout-out in Glamour magazine (I think that's two months in a row in the least likely place you'd think would be talking about it) in the March issue. It was on the page that has a lot of little round-up blurb type things about work, and one blurb was on office pranks. They had a picture of Dwight finding his desk in the bathroom, and the headline said something about how office pranks don't just happen on The Office, with little quotes from people about office pranks they'd pulled or had pulled on them.

Turnberry

Turnberry

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 16, 2006 @ 12:42 AM

Jenna's TV Guide blog is up!!!!

Because there's no episode this week she does Q & A.

Jenna's TV Guide Blog

makelikeatree

makelikeatree

Fanatic

Posted Feb 16, 2006 @ 2:45 PM

Steve Carell is going to be presenting at the Oscars! And with Jon hosting, I'm going to have to watch this year. It'll be a little Daily Show reuinion.

Kai

Kai

Fanatic

Posted Feb 16, 2006 @ 9:54 PM

Apparently the cast EW photoshoot is out (or about to hit newstands) and it's a whole lot of AWESOME. (according to my friend) I'm gonna go check around to see if I can find it, but I have no scanner or anything, so if someone could provide scans that would be GREAT.

carrita

carrita

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 16, 2006 @ 10:31 PM

Kai, I have a subscription to EW, but alas, no scanner. And I always -- ALWAYS -- get my copy on Saturday. So I have no clue when it will actually hit newsstands. But I'm looking forward to this issue like I look forward to the Harry Potter issues (which is a LOT) so... is it Saturday?

makelikeatree

makelikeatree

Fanatic

Posted Feb 16, 2006 @ 10:32 PM

Never mind...

Edited by makelikeatree, Feb 16, 2006 @ 10:33 PM.

Skully

Skully

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 16, 2006 @ 11:32 PM

Steve Carell is going to be on the cover of the next EW, so you can't miss it.

Kai

Kai

Fanatic

Posted Feb 16, 2006 @ 11:38 PM

It's a BIG smiling picture with a bright blue background.

NuveenaN

NuveenaN

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 17, 2006 @ 6:43 AM

The article is up at Entertainment Weekly's site.

Pixel

Pixel

Stalker

Posted Feb 17, 2006 @ 8:40 AM

Thanks NuveenaN. So glad I don't have to pay for that magazine! What a great article.

Turnberry

Turnberry

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 17, 2006 @ 8:45 AM

I think the online article is an excerpt only. Maybe someone who purchases the magazine can let us know if there's an even a more in depth look at the show/cast.

Pop Culture Freak

Pop Culture Freak

Stalker

Posted Feb 17, 2006 @ 8:51 AM

From the EW article. Lots of funny parts, but this made my laugh out loud.

And permanent temp Ryan (B.J. Novak, also a writer on the show) hovers on the periphery as he tries to avoid Michael's mentoring, which often plays out like a devoted heterosexual man-crush.