Creed Bratton: I Thought That Was A Volunteer Thing

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

208 replies to this topic

heid3ster

heid3ster

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 10, 2006 @ 8:55 PM

Let's show some Grass Roots love for Creed! I do hope we get to see more of his guitar playing eventually (not just as a bonus video). I think he's my favorite background character, I just love his "just let me do my job and leave me out of the other crap" attitude.

"Is someone making soup?"

kalikula

kalikula

Video Archivist

• Interests:Travel, languages, British literature and television.

Posted Feb 10, 2006 @ 9:27 PM

"Which one is Pam?" Not even who is Pam.. Like they're all basically the same. I love his attitude too.

And I love how Creed is basically playing himself. That's so cool!

tabbygirl521

tabbygirl521

Fanatic

Posted Feb 11, 2006 @ 6:37 PM

I have had "Golden Grass" in frequent rotation in my car for literally years. I love Creed the office character and I just giggle myself silly when I think, "THAT'S CREED BRATTON!"

Somewhere in my archives I have a photo I took of him in 1967, and if I ever unearth it, I'll post it.

I was so sad that we got no hint of what Valentine's Day meant for Creed. I hope he doesn't still live with his mom or anything.

sneakynin

sneakynin

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 21, 2006 @ 10:55 PM

Creed came off as a real jerk who was only out for himself in the first season and first half of the second season. But I feel like he's getting more and more likeable in these last few episodes. His statement about the soup is hi-larious, he takes a fun ride in his chair in Boys and Girls, and he talks a little bit about his former boss with Michael. I'm glad they're finally bringing him to the front a little. I can't wait to see what's in store for Creed.

I think we can add him to the list of characters who have subtlely changed over the course of the series.

Foxy Carmichel

Foxy Carmichel

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 23, 2006 @ 8:29 PM

Was he in the first season? If he did, did he have any lines? Everything he's said since Christmas has made me laugh out loud. I just can't understand why I don't remember him.

brookedel

brookedel

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 24, 2006 @ 1:33 AM

I don't remember Creed saying anything during the first season, although every time I go back and re-watch S1 episodes I notice him. I'm glad they're giving him more lines now, he's hilarioius.

He will always have my eternal love for admitting that he did indeed pull an old shirt out of his closet and give it to Jim for Christmas. That and his line about being in an iron lung as a boy.

gyc1

gyc1

Posted Mar 3, 2006 @ 12:51 AM

He totally seems like the guy that would have a mail order bride from Asia and his shoutout to friends in Hong Kong just adds to my suspicion.

pakelihe

pakelihe

Fanatic

Posted Mar 6, 2006 @ 6:22 PM

He totally seems like the guy that would have a mail order bride from Asia and his shoutout to friends in Hong Kong just adds to my suspicion.

So did The Grass Roots ever play a world tour while Creed was with them? Is he really acting, or did the real guy named Creed just send a shout-out to actual people that he knows? My mind boggles...

EllisHovercraft

EllisHovercraft

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 7, 2006 @ 4:56 PM

He just keeps getting weirder and weirder. I love how they've captured that - and he's not a weird old pervert. He's just weird. I mean, China??!

Your Density

Your Density

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2006 @ 11:40 AM

So according to the commercials for this week's new episode (yay!), Creed has a foot with only four toes? When I heard this I was amused, but not at all shocked. I just thought, "Oh Creed..." I wonder if they'll explain how it happened or if it will just be another layer to the creepy enigma that is Creed.

tabbygirl521

tabbygirl521

Fanatic

Posted Mar 16, 2006 @ 7:12 PM

As long as it didn't involve a George Forman grill....

I am really pulling for the ep to be Creed-centric but I'm sure he'll turn out not to be one of the parents. Still, it looks like we'll have more Creed than usual - YAY!

Edited by tabbygirl521, Mar 16, 2006 @ 7:15 PM.

pakelihe

pakelihe

Fanatic

Posted Mar 17, 2006 @ 10:53 AM

... and he was genious, as usual. Exactly what is he in charge of? And how did he end up with four toes, anyway? Ah, Creed. An enigma, wrapped in a mystery, or whatever that phrase is.

marya

marya

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 17, 2006 @ 12:33 PM

I'm really hoping we never find out what Creed does. He's such a man of mystery.

How did he learn Chinese? Why does he only have four toes? What happened to his sense of smell? Anything we learn couldn't possibly be as exciting as the backstory I have in my head, which involves espionage, heavy drug use, and an illicit affair with a Hong Kong chorus girl.

sneakynin

sneakynin

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 17, 2006 @ 1:11 PM

I want to see his feet. Just how hairy are they?

eagle

eagle

Fanatic

Posted Mar 17, 2006 @ 1:19 PM

Anything we learn couldn't possibly be as exciting as the backstory I have in my head, which involves espionage, heavy drug use, and an illicit affair with a Hong Kong chorus girl.

Well, that fanfic just writes itself, doesn't it?

Wacoshade

Wacoshade

Fanatic

Posted Mar 17, 2006 @ 1:23 PM

Exactly what is he in charge of?

I'm really hoping we never find out what Creed does. He's such a man of mystery.

They've said what he does before. In a deleted scene:

Creed: Back in the '60s, I was with the Grassroots. We toured with Janis Joplin, The Doors, Cream. We had a lot of fun. And now I do quality assurance for a paper company. As you can imagine drugs played a part... They still do... I, uh... My work calls last about 90 seconds and that's about as long as I can concentrate.

I spoiler tagged that in case people want that little nugget to remain a mystery. Everyone in the engine room drowned!

pakelihe

pakelihe

Fanatic

Posted Mar 17, 2006 @ 2:07 PM

I saw that deleted scene, but I guess only the 90-second attention span thing stuck in my head. That, and the reference to the Grassroots, which of course turned out to be true.

Could they somehow get a Creed Grassroots storyline, perhaps in S3? Maybe a reunion tour coming to NE PA, and everybody doubting Creed's story, and the band really knowing him? I know that Creed the actor left the band early on, but he must still keep in touch with his old mates, shouldn't he?

araab30

araab30

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 24, 2006 @ 9:44 AM

A musical bio of Creed Bratton. In real life, it appears he was quite the world traveler.

It would be funny if some ex-Grass Roots members (whether real or played by actors) just popped up at the office one day so they could get on camera and try for a comeback. They could play "Midnight Confessions" and make Jim and Pam feel very uncomfortable.

mikeng

mikeng

Posted Mar 24, 2006 @ 10:17 AM

I don't know why but he reminds me of Locke from "Lost".

tabbygirl521

tabbygirl521

Fanatic

Posted Apr 14, 2006 @ 11:14 PM

They could play "Midnight Confessions" and make Jim and Pam feel very uncomfortable.

It is so totally their song.

Just spotted Creed on "Bernie Mac," playing the harp in a funeral home. I know that sounds like I was on drugs but it was a dream sequence.

Edited by tabbygirl521, Apr 15, 2006 @ 12:22 PM.

StuckeyGilmore

StuckeyGilmore

Fanatic

Posted Apr 28, 2006 @ 8:25 AM

Does Creed still perform with the Grass Roots? I was at Epcot yesterday and saw that they're part of the concert series they're having going on in May.

tabbygirl521

tabbygirl521

Fanatic

Posted Apr 28, 2006 @ 1:38 PM

No, Creed doesn't tour anymore, dammit. I'm in Seattle and the Grass Roots are coming to our state fair this fall. They still have their original lead singer but that's it. I was so sad; I was ready to hit Ticketmaster.

tvguru94

tvguru94

Couch Potato

Posted May 5, 2006 @ 1:44 PM

One of my favorite lines of the whole series is Creed's line, "Somebody making soup?" in The Carpet. After last night's "they smell like death," I've decided Creed likes bad smells. Hee. It's an interesting trait to have.

IseutLaBrune

IseutLaBrune

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2006 @ 1:51 PM

I am officially on board the Creed love train. It took me awhile; I didn't like his dickish move in Halloween. I love him much more now that he just spouts random hilarious lines in every episode. "Conflict Resolution" was his best ep yet, I think. Whites only restroom? I'll never stop laughing at that.

Gracelessly

Gracelessly

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2006 @ 7:35 PM

I love him! I love how he can take any criticism and either know why or take charge (like when Michael tried to fire him on Halloween).

sbarrett4

sbarrett4

Channel Surfer

Posted May 5, 2006 @ 8:56 PM

Creed has become my favorite TV series background character. He beats out David Putty from Seinfeld. His complete lack of care about basically everything and his previous life experiences add up to some of the funnier moments on the show each week. This week he really shined with the mug shot ID, not knowing his coworkers names (again), the mung bean comments, and the whites only restroom complaint.

withwonderly

withwonderly

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2006 @ 1:47 PM

One of my favorite lines of the whole series is Creed's line, "Somebody making soup?" in The Carpet.

That and "Then why is there a picture of a white man on the door?" are two of my all-time favorite Creed lines. I start laughing hysterically every time I rewatch those lines. I just love his randomness and how he calls Pam "the receptionist" and Meredith "the redhead."

nodirectionhome

nodirectionhome

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 8, 2006 @ 10:24 AM

I just love Creed's blissful noninvolvement in what goes on around him at the Office. Whereas Jim puts on an ironic attitude because he doesn't want to admit to himself he's afraid of trying at something and failing, and Stanley keeps up boundaries because he's just "running out the clock", Creed has just seen too much (and done too many drugs) to care much about the petty office stuff going on around him. He's the perfect Zen office worker.

Uncle June

Uncle June

Channel Surfer

Posted May 9, 2006 @ 5:11 PM

I didnt even know who this character was until Take Your Daughter to Work Day...I got to catch up on all this stuff...he's in a band? I just thought he was the hilarious old weirdo.

meloni

meloni

Posted May 9, 2006 @ 9:35 PM

In a deleted scene, he talks about how he was once in Grass Roots, and all the coke he did makes it so he can't talk for more than 90 seconds on the phone. The actor who plays him really was in Grass Roots.