Angela Martin: Blonde, Perky, and Kinda Judgmental

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

349 replies to this topic

LiberryLady

LiberryLady

Stalker

Posted Jun 8, 2008 @ 10:00 PM

Like I'm sure everyone else was, I was surprised when Angela accepted Andy's proposal. How could Angela, she of the blunt, even cruel truthfulness not manage to do what kindhearted Carol did when Michael proposed? Then I realized: it was all about Dwight.

After she (understandably) broke with Dwight, she probably considered herself D-O-N-E with the cat murderer. When Andy came a-wooin', she no doubt told herself that she was... moving on. Trying out a new relationship. I'm sure she thought that getting involved with Andy (Dwight's enemy) had nothing, nothing to do with Dwight. But it did, didn't it? She obviously cared little for Andy, so the big reason she stayed with him was to stick it to Dwight, to rub in his face that she was over him. I don't think she consciously was doing that, but I do think deep-down she took a savage pleasure in it.

But then, uh-oh, Andy was serious (sorta.) Andy proposed. If she said no, she would have to admit to herself that she really wasn't into Andy, that the only reason she was with him was a martial arts-lovin' beet farmer. And Angela couldn't square that with idea she had about her supposedly dead feelings for Dwight. So, she accepted. And now Angela finds herself stuck, engaged to one man, and loving another. I both pity her, and relish the storyline that's coming.

absolutelyido

absolutelyido

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 9, 2008 @ 7:21 PM

But then, uh-oh, Andy was serious (sorta.) Andy proposed. If she said no, she would have to admit to herself that she really wasn't into Andy, that the only reason she was with him was a martial arts-lovin' beet farmer. And Angela couldn't square that with idea she had about her supposedly dead feelings for Dwight. So, she accepted. And now Angela finds herself stuck, engaged to one man, and loving another. I both pity her, and relish the storyline that's coming.

I agree with that. I also have the feeling that her getting caught with Dwight will cause her to stay engaged to Andy longer than she may have otherwise. Angela would be horrified to have to admit to doing anything that would cause her to be considered "the office mattress", so she'll somehow have to blame what happened on Dwight, or Phyllis spiking her drink. Something that will make it not her fault. I think she'll stay with Andy, and reject Dwight even more, to prove that she's not the kind of woman who would be involved with one man while engaged to another (You know, like that "hussy" Pam, who ironically at least stayed physically true to her fiance, if not emotionally. But that's a whole other discussion...)

HyeChaps

HyeChaps

Fanatic

Posted Jan 16, 2009 @ 10:25 AM

So, who's the office mattress now?

LiberryLady

LiberryLady

Stalker

Posted Jan 16, 2009 @ 8:08 PM

So, who's the office mattress now?

I know!! Also, all this time we thought Kelly was the office Drama Queen, but who was relishing the idea of two men fighting over her? When Roy tried to punch Jim, all we got out of Pam was a reluctant, "it sucked," but Angela was a willing participant in the whole ridiculous, childish duel.

Limbonaut

Limbonaut

Stalker

Posted Jan 28, 2009 @ 1:10 PM

Wow. The first time I agree with Angela. ITA with her on this deleted scene about Pamela Anderson being more prettier on Home Improvement then went downhill on Baywatch!

WAnglais1

WAnglais1

Fanatic

Posted Feb 14, 2009 @ 9:19 AM

Is Angela still married to Dwight? Or did I miss something?

Or is it possible something I spend 30 minutes a week watching gives me a better memory than the people who write and produce it?

megara1028

megara1028

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 14, 2009 @ 11:32 AM

The implication was that she got it annulled or something. After she made out with Andy in the bullpen, she said she had to leave to "take care of a legal matter" and threw a pointed look at Dwight, who then looked pretty sad.

Contralto

Contralto

Fanatic

Posted Feb 14, 2009 @ 2:29 PM

Or she just consulted a lawyer, who told her that of course the marriage wasn't legal.

If Dwight had actually proposed to Angela, instead of trying to trick her into marriage, he might have gotten what he wanted.

LizzieKath

LizzieKath

Fanatic

Posted Mar 11, 2009 @ 5:38 PM

I've been missing the Angela-based love triangle these days. Good to know there's at least a decent chance, considering her dating history, that two other men will both fall in love with her and duel over her soon!

KedzieMatthews

KedzieMatthews

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2009 @ 9:29 PM

I must say, Angela was unexpectedly pretty with her hair wet and makeup running down her face. She is much more attractive when she gets a little messy.

king

king

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 26, 2009 @ 7:51 PM

So does anyone know if Angela is really getting divorced? Or was it a rumor?

fiona11

fiona11

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 29, 2009 @ 10:47 PM

Is Angela's cat Bandit Garbage with a new name?

OilyHumanoid

OilyHumanoid

Couch Potato

Posted May 13, 2009 @ 11:08 AM

My fiance said that Bandit looked a lot like Garbage. He thinks someone cleaned him up a bit and let him stay in the Vance Refrigeration warehouse, kind of like a company pet. Then Andy scooped him up, and Angela, none the wiser, thought it was a different cat. If Dwight knew it was really Garbage, that would have killed him.

HyeChaps

HyeChaps

Fanatic

Posted Dec 20, 2009 @ 2:53 PM

They never did show Angela being held accountable for what she did. Yes, Andy cancelled the wedding plans and Dwight threw away the bobble head, but did anyone ever say anything to her on camera about being a slut and hypocrite and cruelly insensitive?
Did she ever show any remorse? I think not.

KedzieMatthews

KedzieMatthews

Fanatic

Posted Jan 5, 2010 @ 12:28 PM

The closest we got to having an office-mate comment on Angela's infidelity was when Kevin apologized for doing a whorish job filling out the forms. Oscar laughed, so that was an awesome moment. Also, Dwight's friend Rolf called her a whore, but other than that? Nada. I'm surprised none of her co-workers said anything when she made the remark about Stanley going to hell for cheating on his wife, but I suppose they all silently agreed Stanley was a douche and didn't think to say anything to Angela at the time.

I don't know...she looked sad when Dwight threw away the bobble-head. And she looked rattled when Rolf called her a whore. Maybe she *has* shown remorse, but in a very subtle way. Angela was never known for being particularly emotional (well, unless Michael changes party plans without consulting her first).

laodice

laodice

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 12, 2011 @ 4:17 AM

I stopped watching the show last season, but IŽd like to know if Angela's storyline is being developped, I mean, are they talking about her marriage to the (State) Senator, any news about this storyline?

LiberryLady

LiberryLady

Stalker

Posted Nov 12, 2011 @ 12:10 PM

She's married to him, and now carrying his (tiny) baby. She's lording her small belly over Pam's enormous one. She hasn't said much about the senator.

laodice

laodice

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 16, 2011 @ 11:40 AM

Thank you for answering my question. I suspected that storyline wouldnŽt receive much attention...

Sunshine55

Sunshine55

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 18, 2011 @ 9:18 AM

She hasn't said much about the senator.

There was that one funny line when she and Pam were comparing notes about their pregnancies. Angela said her boobs had gotten way bigger, and "the senator is so grossed out."

FortKnoxII

FortKnoxII

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 3, 2013 @ 7:21 PM

They never did show Angela being held accountable for what she did. Yes, Andy cancelled the wedding plans and Dwight threw away the bobble head, but did anyone ever say anything to her on camera about being a slut and hypocrite and cruelly insensitive?
Did she ever show any remorse? I think not.

What got me was that Angela kept the ring and then sold it to buy a very expensive cat. She should have gave it back.

Hell Andy should have sued her for the ring and all the money he wasted on the wedding and honeymoons cause she kept changing her mind.