You Know You're Obsessed with The Office When…

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

2651 replies to this topic

lizlovesreality

lizlovesreality

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 7, 2008 @ 5:54 PM

You know you and your favorite male co-worker who is your best work friend are obsessed with the Office when you've perfected the in air high-five that Jim and Pam can do.

You know you're obsessed with The Office when you have a customer whose last name is Schutte but you keep on reading Schrute.

You know you're obsessed with The Office when one of your largest clients is based in Easton, PA and you mapquest how far Easton is from Scranton, so when you travel in December you can actually go through Scranton.

LilJen

LilJen

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 16, 2008 @ 2:29 PM

. . . you see a local church's sign--"Congratulations Holly and Michael" (becuase they always congratulate their newlyweds)--and have to explain your snort-laugh to your 7-yo daughter.

PurplePisces

PurplePisces

Just Tuned In

Posted Oct 24, 2008 @ 5:40 PM

...Your professor is showing a film in class, but wants to have a discussion first. So he pauses the film and eventually the dvd's screensaver goes on, a little box that says DVD/VIDEO that bounces around. You don't hear a word that is said because you are too busy watching to see if the little box will hit directly in the corner. (It actually did a couple of times, it took all I had not to laugh out loud)

Leggy Blonde

Leggy Blonde

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 25, 2008 @ 1:02 AM

... when you are at this important Japanese speech contest cheering on your brother, and every time they mention the competitor from SIU-Carbondale, you turn to your husband and whisper, "The gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!"

That is totally something that I would do. Sadly, few of my friends would understand. Which is why I have to come to forums like this to unleash my obsession.

Every password that I have at work (usually 5 at one time, we have a lot of different systems) are Office related. For example, my log in right now, is Peanut Butter, because PB&J just isn't enough characters.

Rachoushka

Rachoushka

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 26, 2008 @ 10:35 AM

... you see that your boyfriend has inexplicably purchased Lee Iacocca's Spreadable Butter and think "here's to Mr. Iacocca and his failed experiment, the DeLorean."

LilJen

LilJen

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 25, 2009 @ 12:50 PM

. . you see a box of Teddy Grahams that says it's the "Bears and Bees" version of the crackers/cookies, and you think at first that the box said "Bears and Beets" (no Battlestar Galactica, though).

thehappypen

thehappypen

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 25, 2009 @ 6:13 PM

...you go through training and they give you a tour of the baler and you get overly excited.

Edited by thehappypen, Feb 25, 2009 @ 6:14 PM.

LilJen

LilJen

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 9, 2009 @ 1:15 PM

. . . you receive your "Happy Burger-day" e-mail from Red Robin, and it reminds you of Michael's "Happy Bird-Day" card to Meredith.

cjla

cjla

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 19, 2009 @ 7:53 PM

...at a outside of work, work event, a co-worker's S.O. attends. She's gorgeous, accomplished, and in her 60's. Oh, also, she's wearing a thin shirt, with no bra.

All I could think was "swing low, sweet chariot."

LilJen

LilJen

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 20, 2009 @ 4:41 PM

You still think it would be awesome if Jim, Andy, Dwight, and Creed did their own version of OK Go's A Million Ways, because you encountered both that video and Jim's "West Side Story" moves from "The Fight" at about the same time. And you've been thinking about this for like 3 years.

Edited by LilJen, Apr 20, 2009 @ 4:42 PM.

jennblevins

jennblevins

Fanatic

Posted Jun 6, 2009 @ 4:08 PM

... you're giving your boss an update on a project that you're working with Jeff and Perrie on, and you instead report that the "database project with Jim and Pam" is going as planned.

BoogieBurns

BoogieBurns

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 17, 2011 @ 7:45 PM

...you sign a lease with an apartment complex on the spot because they are owned by "Sabre Realty"

"Incidentally, I love the place..."