ACTOR: Patrick Dempsey

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

16230 replies to this topic

flux

flux

Posted Jan 19, 2006 @ 7:05 PM

I'm absolutely addicted to Patrick Dempsey. He's great on GA and by far, the hottest doctor on TV with the greatest head of hair. Clearly, the man deserves his own thread. Talk about his greatest assets, previous works, your dreams and fantasies here!

For starters, here are some PD links from various threads (some new, some old, mostly old)
-Cosmo - very nice pics
-Star - a pic with his daughter
-People - Sexiest Man Alive Issue
-cinematical - random internet article

AB - I hope the thread title is okay. If not, I'll change it.

Edited by flux, Jan 19, 2006 @ 7:18 PM.

Swipsey32

Swipsey32

Posted Jan 20, 2006 @ 12:11 AM

Dammit, I am all out of rose petals or I'd shower you with them for starting this.

http://www.wireimage.com also has some great PD pix. Do a PD search on the homepage and you will be directed to all kinds of PD goodies. There are 2 very cute ones there of him and his wife smooching during the GG awards. Awwwww !

AB Chao

AB Chao

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 20, 2006 @ 2:02 PM

I changed it. Y'all can't edit topic titles, so please start actor threads in this format: "ACTOR: [Name]." Thanks!

HotButteredRum

HotButteredRum

Fanatic

Posted Jan 22, 2006 @ 3:01 AM

Y'all can't edit topic titles, so please start actor threads in this format: "ACTOR: [Name]."

So there is to be no mention of Patrick D's hair, in his own thread title ? That is sooooo wrong. On so many levels. Sigh ! 'Scuse me for a sec while I go suck up to AB. Anyone know if she can be bribed ? LOL.

There are some bitchin' pictures of both Patrick D and Ellen P over at http://www.editorial.gettyimages.com

They were taken at some ABC publicity event that took place over the weekend. Is it wrong of me to find the pix of PD looking tired and exhausted ( a la McD after working an 90 hour week saving lives ) so smoking hot ? It probably is, but I don't care.

Edited by HotButteredRum, Jan 22, 2006 @ 3:11 AM.

flux

flux

Posted Jan 22, 2006 @ 12:49 PM

Is it wrong of me to find the pix of PD looking tired and exhausted ( a la McD after working an 90 hour week saving lives ) so smoking hot ? It probably is, but I don't care.

The pics weren't the greatest especially when it was pics of PD. Everyone was looking really good except for him, I wonder why that is. Was he racing that week and had to fly back to do the press interview?

The shirt and tie ensemble didn't do it for me either, it was causal but it didn't look very good on him. And the hair was just...well....bad.

So there is to be no mention of Patrick D's hair, in his own thread title?

The original thread title was "Patrick Dempsey: My hair is on fire!", it was changed to look like the other thread titles.

Edited by flux, Jan 22, 2006 @ 12:50 PM.

GreyAngel

GreyAngel

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 22, 2006 @ 12:59 PM

It's looks like PD just got out of bed and threw some clothes on. I think that both PD and Ellen looked really tired, the rest of the cast looks fine.They were probably shooting late the night before.

flux

flux

Posted Jan 22, 2006 @ 1:21 PM

Here's a video of PD on the red carpet at the GG. The link goes to TV Guide, click "more" under "Exclusive Video", another window will open, scroll to the middle for PD's video.

Funny that PD's hair didn't look all that bad in the video. Maybe the wind was blowing too hard or the alcohol induced ohm. His wife looked very nice and awww, PD is a studs man. How cool is that?

Swipsey32

Swipsey32

Posted Jan 22, 2006 @ 8:08 PM

PD is a studs man. How cool is that?

Hmm...not so sure. I'm not crazy about men wearing bling. It's very non-macho to me. How funny was it when Izaac Mizrahi ran his hand over PD's chest, checking out the studs, PD's instinctive reaction was to reach up and begin fiddling with his bow tie ? The bow tie was then crooked for the rest of his time on the red carpet. In fact Carson Kressley commented on it on the E fashion review. He asked in a snarky kind of a way " Isn't the whole point of bringing a date to a red carpet event, that you have someone there to do stuff like fix your crooked bow tie ? " Ouch !

Those new gettyimages are yuk. He looks like he is stuck in some Harry Potter time warp, what with the striped tie, blazer and messed up hair.

flux

flux

Posted Jan 22, 2006 @ 8:16 PM

Isn't the whole point of bringing a date to a red carpet event, that you have someone there to do stuff like fix your crooked bow tie ? "

Hee! That is so wrong on so many levels. I didn't see Issac Mirahi in the video, wasn't it a woman? Huh, are we talking about the same thing?

ETA: New pics from the TV Guide photo shoot. Very nice pics of PD and EP.

Edited by flux, Jan 22, 2006 @ 8:26 PM.

Swipsey32

Swipsey32

Posted Jan 22, 2006 @ 8:50 PM

Very nice pics of PD and EP.

Ok, that me done for. 52 new Patrick D pictures AND a new GA episode, all in one night ? That's too much for me to take. If I never post here ever again, it's because I drowned in a puddle of my own drool. Goodnight and goodluck, its been nice knowing you all.

Huh, are we talking about the same thing?

Sorry, I was talking about a different interview on a different channel, my bad. Melissa Rivers interviewed him on the TV Guide. Izaac Mizrahi interviewed him on the red carpet arrival pre-show thingy on E. It was an ok interview, nowhere near as cringe inducing as his interviews with the desp housewives. They were truely painful to watch.

Edited by Swipsey32, Jan 22, 2006 @ 8:52 PM.

flux

flux

Posted Jan 22, 2006 @ 9:19 PM

There's a mention of PD in the AOL editors' picks. Don't I wish I could do that to PD everyday. Everytime I get on an elevator, I always get disppointed.

nowhere near as cringe inducing as his interviews with the desp housewives.

I heard Issac put a lot of people off by doing inappropriate things on the red carpet. I'm glad he didn't do anything bad to PD.

Edited by flux, Jan 22, 2006 @ 9:19 PM.

Swipsey32

Swipsey32

Posted Jan 22, 2006 @ 9:47 PM

inappropriate things on the red carpet

Yes indeed. Asking Eva Longoria if she had had a full Brazilian bikini wax "down there" as part of her GG getting ready process, does indeed qualify as inappropriate. It does in my book anyway. The celebs took it in good spirits for the most part, so kudos to them for that.

PD got off pretty lightly all things considered. IM asked his wife if she had a hand in getting him dressed and she said no, coz it wasn't her job. (She has a nice speaking voice BTW, with no trace of a Texas drawl. ) It was the first time for me to tune in to Joan Rivers red carpet schtick, because she was the least cringe inducing celebrity interviewer to watch. The weird thing was that he was lauded in some newspapers ( the Seattle PI for one ) the next day, for being "a breath of fresh air on the red carpet ". What drugs are they on up in Seattle is what I want to know.

Edited by Swipsey32, Jan 22, 2006 @ 9:50 PM.

flux

flux

Posted Jan 23, 2006 @ 3:06 AM

I know it's been said a thousand times, but PD has the most expressive eyes. The last glance at Meh when he's looking all sad and teary, oh. my. god. *melts* I don't know that many actor who can make my eyes water with just a look and no dialogue.

EvilSpawn

EvilSpawn

Posted Jan 23, 2006 @ 3:44 AM

I don't know that many who can do that either. Patrick Dempsey is probably the only actor who doesn't need to speak because his eyes say everything that needs to be said.

Coma Girl

Coma Girl

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 23, 2006 @ 11:09 AM

Okay, maybe I'm just getting overly obsessed, but I noticed that in the latest Getty Images photos of PD taken this past weekend, at The 2006 Producers Guild Awards and The 2006 TCA Tour (where he looked shockingly haggard), PD was not wearing his wedding ring. Sure hope there's not trouble in Paradise.

Edited by Coma Girl, Jan 23, 2006 @ 11:15 AM.

flux

flux

Posted Jan 23, 2006 @ 11:24 AM

PD was not wearing his wedding ring

In the Cosmo pics, he wasn't wearing it either. Hmmm....yes, I'm overly obsessed too, so don't feel bad Coma Girl.

Edited by flux, Jan 23, 2006 @ 2:51 PM.

Swipsey32

Swipsey32

Posted Jan 23, 2006 @ 2:10 PM

Lord, I do too. I wouldn't say so though, if the pictures of his wife kissing him at the GG's after party are anything to go by. They are over at wireimage, I think. Don't like the suit he is wearing at the Producers Guild Awards. It's too shiny, he looks like a waiter.

OMG, I just saw the funniest damm pic of PD of all time.

Go over to page 8 of Turtlenecks and Curls:The hair and makeup Thread

Click on the red highlighted link to newcom.com

Do a PD search and check out the pic of PD and KW sitting side by side at that recent media thingy in Pasedena. Is that not a carbon copy of how they both sat and looked during Derek and Addison marrige therapy session from 2.07 ? I think it's a hoot.

I'd provide a link to it here, but you need a password and log in name to do a picture search and if you click on the link in the other thread, the original poster very kindly lets you use hers.

Edited coz I messed up. Mariaje's link to newscom.com is on page 8 of the hair and makeup thread, not page 6, as previously posted.

Edited by Swipsey32, Jan 24, 2006 @ 2:52 AM.

HotButteredRum

HotButteredRum

Fanatic

Posted Jan 28, 2006 @ 1:35 AM

So normally I view pop up windows and spam as an invention of the devil, designed purely to mess with me and slow down the workings of my 4 year old computer. But tonight I hit pay dirt. I followed one of those pesky pop up windows all the way to a new PD interview. It is at http://www.cosmopolitan.com

It is part 2 of his interview that appeared in the actual magazine earlier, this month. This part of the interview is only available on the cosmo website. Click on the PD/FFM link and you'll get right to it.

I thought it interesting that he describes his worst personality trait as being moody and withdrawn. It's a million miles removed from his McDreamy persona, isn't it ? As Derek always seems so perky and upbeat in so many of his scenes, when really the script doesn't call for it, I always presumed that PD was just channeling his own natural bubbliness and chirpiness into McD's character. It seems I was wrong and that he is pained and angsty in real life, oh well..

I also think it is very sweet that in practically every interview he does these days, he talks about his hankering to get back to living a smalltown, rural life on his Maine farm, away from the bright lights and buzz of the city. I think it is very sweet, considering that his on screen character is doing the very same thing these days. Fingers crossed the real Mrs D likes country living more than the TV one does.

flux

flux

Posted Jan 29, 2006 @ 10:28 PM

I just watched the SAG award and PD is looking mightly find. His hair looks really good. Just found this article about PD being mistaken for a doctor on a recent flight. I had a good laugh.

HotButteredRum

HotButteredRum

Fanatic

Posted Jan 29, 2006 @ 11:31 PM

Yup and he was hand in hand with the real Mrs Mc D on the red carpet, so the no ring thing at the Producers Guild thing last weekend, must have been a false alarm,
So the award show season is over, at least for TV shows. I wonder if that means we have no more PD in a tux goodies to look forward to, until the Emmys in September. Maybe he will pop up at the Oscars seeing as its on ABC.

flux

flux

Posted Jan 30, 2006 @ 11:55 AM

Here's a pic of PD and his wife at the SAG award.

He's looking good as always.

Edited by flux, Jan 30, 2006 @ 12:44 PM.

HotButteredRum

HotButteredRum

Fanatic

Posted Jan 30, 2006 @ 8:09 PM

Just watched the SAG stuff on E and Extra and PD was on both, kissing his wife and acting all lovey dovey with her. It was very sweet.

cosmom

cosmom

Fanatic

Posted Jan 30, 2006 @ 11:07 PM

I was watching the red carpet coverage on E for both the GG and SAG and both times there was so much camera time for this man. Someone who holds a camera for E has major hot cha-cha-chas for McDreamy. That camera person deserves a raise!

Swipsey32

Swipsey32

Posted Jan 31, 2006 @ 1:13 AM

That camera person deserves a raise!

Seriousley. If I knew his address, I'd mail him my tax refund check, all $28.48 of it. I know his wife rarely smiles during red carpet pose-for-a-pic shots ( I think they freak her out to be honest, all those flashing bulbs would wig me out too ) but she acts very sweet during his red carpet interviews. She was very cute on ET last night when she jokingly pointed to herself when the interviewer asked her hubby who his good luck charm for the night was.

flux

flux

Posted Feb 3, 2006 @ 2:11 AM

This snippet may be old but who knew PD enjoys eye cream, body lotion and zit cream. Click here and scroll to the bottom, it's the 6th one up with the title "Lucky - Shops with the Pros: Gifts for Him". His wife is so funny.

Swipsey32

Swipsey32

Posted Feb 3, 2006 @ 2:59 AM

PD with a zit ? Go stand in the corner young lady and contemplate the horror of what you just suggested. For shame Flux,for shame.

flux

flux

Posted Feb 3, 2006 @ 12:01 PM

For shame Flux,for shame.

That's what his wife said, I can't control that.

Being the PD addict that I am, I went through Cosmo and looked at the photo credits. How cool is it that Jill, his wife, did his grooming for the cover photo. It's so cute. His hair does look a lot better when she's the one running her fingers through it. Other people just make it flat and floppy.

ETA: Cosmo cover photo.

Edited by flux, Feb 3, 2006 @ 12:02 PM.

Swipsey32

Swipsey32

Posted Feb 7, 2006 @ 3:29 PM

http://www.buffalone...204/1000813.asp -

Cute new PD newspaper article from this weekend

and another one

http://www.suntimes....nday-elf05.html

They are pretty similar. I think PD's answers come from the GA Television Critics Association press conference thingy from a couple of weeks ago, which would explain the similarity. Cool pressie from his wife, huh ?

Edited by Swipsey32, Feb 7, 2006 @ 3:48 PM.

flux

flux

Posted Feb 7, 2006 @ 3:46 PM

Saw this while surfing on the internet. I love to get my hands on this.

Swipsey32

Swipsey32

Posted Feb 7, 2006 @ 3:55 PM

$300 bucks for a damm lab coat, God Almighty. Anyway, you can have the coat babe, I'll take what's inside, thanks very much. How big is a size 40 anyway ?