You Bet Your Ass

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

6 replies to this topic

McGonz

McGonz

Fanatic

Posted Jan 12, 2006 @ 11:23 PM

New show starting on comedy central. Don't really understand the point of it from the previews, but it looks like it's being hosted by David Boreanaz's dad.

Groovy Chainsaw

Groovy Chainsaw

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 13, 2006 @ 11:18 AM

Actually the host is Stewart Francis, an "internationally famous" ( according to the press release style blurb re. this show at Comedy Central's site ) comedian and actor. I guess he looks a bit like Dave Roberts ( I think that's Boreanaz's dad's name -- he 's the weatherman on ABC's Philadelphia affiliate ) and I kind of hoped it was him -- if he was hosting a game show it would likely be produced here on the East Coast and too few shows are anymore. I get the feeling this show is a Canadian import. There are 24 eps and if it was a big hit they could probably slap together some more. Looks like a pop culture quiz show. Forecast calls for a slight chance of me watching it, with a strong probability of "meh".

Canadian Tyler

Canadian Tyler

Fanatic

Posted Jan 13, 2006 @ 1:33 PM

Yep, this show is Canadian. There were signs up at my work to be in the audience. I was going to go, but forgot all about it.

Edit now that I've watched the show: Ugh. Could the woman on the show be any more ditsy?

Edited by Canadian Tyler, Jan 15, 2006 @ 10:28 PM.

Suburbia

Suburbia

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 16, 2006 @ 2:13 PM

I was watching it with my little brother, and went ".. Wow, this looks like a Canadian game show." And what was the prize? Wasn't it something really lame like 200 dollars?

No, thanks.

bitterman

bitterman

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2006 @ 3:09 PM

I admit I wasted my life watching a couple of episodes only because the female wears tight T shirts so well. It is a very dumb show.

But the contestants are even stoopidor dan da premise of da sho.

I fell on the floor laughing a moron (who looked about 30) was asked about a TV show staring John Ritter and Joyce Dewitt and said, "Two's Company?" If the guy were a Rhoades Scholar who didn't watch 70s TV I'd understand, but the guy claimed he was a TV expert...

It's not fucking Jeapordy, folks.

max22

max22

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 19, 2006 @ 7:53 PM

I watched one episode. I quit around the time the host made his third TOTALLY EGREGIOUS ERROR READING THE DAMNED QUESTION.

Technically, though, I quit after a player got the question wrong, the host SAID THE CORRECT ANSWER, then said, "Oops", realized that isn't how it works, let somebody else buzz in, and that person got the points.

jen e roo

jen e roo

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 1, 2012 @ 7:57 PM

Hahahahaha..I can't believe this show has a topic! Sure it hasn't been active in 6 years, but whatevs. I just wanted to say that I was on this show, and i won (thank god, runner up prize was a white "you bet your ass" tshirt. lol)
Anyway, the prize was $500 which you could go double or nothing on for 1 more question.
I think season 2 got more money but I only watched for my ep to come on, bc seriously...it was a horrible show.