S2: Diana Eng

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

438 replies to this topic

Bliggity

Bliggity

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 21, 2006 @ 4:16 PM

I just found out that Diana is going to be at the WYSIWYG Talent Show, tonight at the Bowery Poetry Club in NYC. I'm not sure what she'll be doing, reading poetry, I assume.

WYSIWYG Talent Show

violet1024

violet1024

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 21, 2006 @ 11:23 PM

As to why Chloe chose Diana, here are Chloe's words from the interview on Andy's Blog on the Bravo website.

ALSO EVERYONE WANTS TO KNOW WHY YOU PICKED DIANA AS YOUR HELPER FOR THE 13TH LOOK? WE THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO PICK EMMETT...
I know! That's strange that people thought that. Emmett and I are close. I worked next to Diana all season and she had pulled amazing things out of thin air. I would be like, 'what is that?' and then it was finished five minutes later. I knew she could cut sew and drape and I knew she could get it fast. Plus she just graduated - she's used to staying up. Emmett has a business to run I didn't want to suck him back into the show.

BocaChic

BocaChic

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2006 @ 6:20 AM

As to why Chloe chose Diana, here are Chloe's words from the interview on Andy's Blog on the Bravo website.

Also, per an interview with Kara, (no link sorry) The final three could not pick her as a helper either since she had her own 13th garment to create....

knit girl

knit girl

Just Tuned In

Posted Mar 22, 2006 @ 1:04 PM

I thought it was wild that that Chloe gave her pretty much free rein on the 13th dress and it ended up being just about the cutest thing in the final collection. I'm really looking forward to watching her in the future.

desdamonab

desdamonab

Couch Potato

Posted May 19, 2006 @ 12:55 PM

An article on fashion and technology, with a mention of Diana Eng.

Fashion and Technology: A Perfect Match or a Ridiculous Mess

desdamonab

desdamonab

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 5, 2006 @ 4:17 PM

Diana, fondly remembered as the designer inspired by maths, science and technology, is now working at an online fashion and technology company called blackboxnation.com, creating accessories from electrical components such as switches and fuses.

A new Diana interview from the Singapore newspaper, where Season 2 is currently being aired. She gives some new insight into Season 2 and her "Dirty Diana" persona.

Fashion Nerd

NJguy19

NJguy19

Posted Jul 6, 2006 @ 11:46 AM

The final three could not pick her as a helper either since she had her own 13th garment to create....

This is from a while back, but does anyone know if Kara got to choose an eliminated designer to help her out with her 13th look? And, if so, who it was?

Indy1

Indy1

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 6, 2006 @ 2:30 PM

This is from a while back, but does anyone know if Kara got to choose an eliminated designer to help her out with her 13th look? And, if so, who it was?

I think remember reading somewhere that she did not get a helper but she had brought some extra garments with her because she was unsure which ones she wanted to put in the show and wound up finishing one of the extras as her 13th. But it's been a while since I read that so I could have my details a little skewed.

themoonglow

themoonglow

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 10, 2006 @ 10:31 PM

I have posted in this thread about my hatred of Dianavoice, but I wish it would come back for season three. Just the voice.

Baralai

Baralai

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 17, 2006 @ 12:07 PM

Black Box Nation

Look what Diana and Emily have up! Just launched today! I love the jewelry, and just might get a piece. Nevermind, of course, I tend not to wear jewelry, except for one jade necklace.

sayonion

sayonion

Just Tuned In

Posted Oct 6, 2006 @ 6:14 PM

Diane (and her two teammates) just won Yahoo's Hack Day by making a purse that takes photos and uploads them to a blog: Moblogging purse takes Hack Day grand prize

liquidsky

liquidsky

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 6, 2006 @ 11:37 PM

Diana rocks!! Definitely one of the MOST ORIGINAL and talented of Season 2.

Who cares what people thought of her voice??! She's not a bloody singer for God's sake.

Tipp

Tipp

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 23, 2006 @ 6:37 PM

I just saw that camera purse now. I absolutely love the way it uploads the photos to a Flickr account. I really hope she sells this one.

soymilk

soymilk

Fanatic

Posted Oct 26, 2006 @ 7:29 PM

More Diana charm: origanimals.

hastings

hastings

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 27, 2006 @ 8:27 AM

The heart moniter camera is one of the most original ideas ever. I hope she makes a fortune. Somehow I can see this working into a movie plot.You know, at the end of the day someone reviewing their pictures discovers evidence of a crime.

Edited by hastings, Oct 27, 2006 @ 8:28 AM.

noluvnoluck

noluvnoluck

Fanatic

Posted Dec 12, 2011 @ 2:11 PM

Diana's Fairytale Fashion Show in 2010. I also checked out her website. $65 dollars for a change purse? Giiiiiirrrrrlllll....

ClaireO

ClaireO

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 13, 2011 @ 9:03 AM

Thanks for sharing that. I was just thinking the other day about the jacket she designed on the show with the solar panels in the shoulders for charging personal technology - that was before the iPhone and while iPods weren't yet all that common, and yet she saw that we might have the need to recharge small devices while away from home. I'd like to see her develop that idea more if at all possible.

noluvnoluck

noluvnoluck

Fanatic

Posted Dec 13, 2011 @ 11:28 PM

No problem. I think Diana is brilliant. The first time around I really didn't think much of her except her mousy disposition but homegirl was really onto something! I particularly love this, and the rest of her series. I want a mobius strip bag!!

Lamb18

Lamb18

Fanatic

Posted Dec 14, 2011 @ 9:56 AM

I liked it pretty well except for the airbag dress. I'm glad to see her continuing in her career and having some success.