S2: Nick Verreos

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

401 replies to this topic

Dale

Dale

Fanatic

Posted Dec 30, 2007 @ 5:58 AM

Was that Nick I saw on the new CW reality show, Crowned?

O2Sean

O2Sean

Stalker

Posted Dec 31, 2007 @ 12:15 AM

Yes, that was him. I was so happy to see him. He was as cute as ever and he was very honest with these bimbos, which annoyed some of them and therefore provided great entertainment. He was trying a little too hard to be sassy, but they probably make them play up for TV.

Few men can rock a vest the way he can.

ladongas

ladongas

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 27, 2008 @ 12:01 AM

Marlee Matlin's Oscar gown was designed by Nick. Here are a couple of descriptions:

Marlee Matlin – Committed the cardinal sin of ‘cutting herself in half’, by wearing a white top with a black skirt, which makes her look compressed

Black, white, snore: Marlee Matlin appears to have wrapped a bandage around her chest. The rest of it isn't much more attractive. An iron is needed, stat!

Here's a pic:
http://www.babble.co...the-oscars.aspx

Edited by ladongas, Feb 27, 2008 @ 12:12 AM.

Meanderer

Meanderer

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 12, 2008 @ 9:51 AM

Oh my, I just watched the re-run of the Inspiration episode(and diligently waited for it to go off before commenting) Anyway, Nick just annoys the crap out of me. He is such an overdone, overexposed sketch of what a real person is. His comment that he was "done" with the show just wreaked of "Please reassure me that I'm good"
I just hate it when people that are in marginalized groups in society gays, racial minorities, women purposefully play into stereotypes to get ahead(explains my hatred for Carlos Mencia and Jessica Simpson). It's fine if that's who you are(fierce Christian) but with Nick it just seems to be playing into the overdramatic gay stereotype.
I look back his comments at the S4 finale. Just the look in his eyes said let me make a "plucky gay" comment. It just came off as false. And maybe that's why I dislike him, the fact that it also plays into one of my big pet peeves just exacerbates it. So that's my rant

His Paris Hilton obsession....no comment

Edited by Meanderer, Jul 12, 2008 @ 9:52 AM.

carmelized

carmelized

Fanatic

Posted Jul 12, 2008 @ 12:23 PM

Oh my, I just watched the re-run of the Inspiration episode(and diligently waited for it to go off before commenting) Anyway, Nick just annoys the crap out of me. He is such an overdone, overexposed sketch of what a real person is. His comment that he was "done" with the show just wreaked of "Please reassure me that I'm good"
I just hate it when people that are in marginalized groups in society gays, racial minorities, women purposefully play into stereotypes to get ahead(explains my hatred for Carlos Mencia and Jessica Simpson). It's fine if that's who you are(fierce Christian) but with Nick it just seems to be playing into the overdramatic gay stereotype.

I want to defend Nick here. I find Christian to be much more of a contrived stereotype than Nick, with Christian's constant use of the word "fierce" like he created it, and his super-bitchy persona. I'll admit that Nick was a bit of a drama queen, but certainly no more than Andrae, and I loved both of them on the show. Maybe it's because I met Nick briefly at a T-shirt signing, and he was very nice and down-to-earth, so Nick is still one of my favorites.

Edited by carmelized, Jul 12, 2008 @ 12:25 PM.

Meanderer

Meanderer

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 13, 2008 @ 1:10 PM

See, I don't mind Chrisitian because to me he acts like such a contrived stereotype because he IS a contrived stereotype and he is like that 24/7(same with Andrae). It doesn't ring false to me like with Nick. I can't blame someone for being who they are. On the other hand I feel like Nick changes his personality in front of the camera to fit into that persona, which annoys me.
That's just my two cents, its based off a reality show so it could be totally off
Glad to hear he was nice in person

carmelized

carmelized

Fanatic

Posted Jul 13, 2008 @ 2:23 PM

I thought that Christian made a point of making extra-bitchy comments and being so mannered just to get attention from other designers and extra screen time. Maybe he is like that 24/7, but it never struck me as a real personality as much as someone playing a part. Nick seems more like a real person, with the ups and downs that most people experience, not someone putting on a persona for the camera.

However, I was recently on vacation and got to observe a family friend I had known for about seven years, and he shocked me with his insensitive, selfish behavior. I realized after looking back that I had only known this guy to say hello and goodbye, not really well at all. So that reminds me that I could be wrong about both Christian and Nick, since I know so little about either of them, other than what I've seen on TV, and my oh-so-brief encounter with Nick.

With Nick, I just remember relating to how he was feeling when he lost his model. At that point, he probably didn't even need to measure her, and they had developed a great rapport. Yeah, Zulema was well within her rights to change models, but I'd have been pissed, just like Nick was at the time, in the heat of the competition.

Another time I related to Nick was when he got annoyed with Santino and gave him the silent treatment. It wasn't Nick's finest moment, and not particularly mature, but Santino was enough to try anyone's patience. I had a love/hate thing with Santino. I loved his impressions of Tim Gunn, and when he was singing, but OTOH, he was the king of being able to dish it out without being able to take it. He annoyed me on TV, so I can only imagine how bad it could get, being cooped up with him in the fishbowl of a reality show. That "can't polish a turd" comment was just uncalled for. It wasn't even funny in a bitchy way, just mean. I think it was designed to screw with the heads of the other designers, and it did, at least with Nick.

I believe it was at the reunion that season when Nick redeemed himself to me for that silent-treatment behavior. IIRC, when asked who he thought would win the title, he named Santino. At least that's what I remember, so even after being upset with Santino, he had regained enough perspective to be fair. I wish they would show the reunions during these marathons. Whenever these season marathons are shown, they never seem to show the reunions, which I think is a shame. Those reunions have had some of the greatest moments, especially in Season Two.

Edited by carmelized, Jul 13, 2008 @ 5:19 PM.

Number Seven

Number Seven

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 14, 2008 @ 7:11 PM

I seem to recall that Nick mentioned in an interview that he had some problems in the "Inspiration" challenge that weren't shown in the episode. I think he said that he had put several hours of work into his outfit before Bravo told him that he couldn't use his idea. Apparently Bravo decided that there was a copyright, trademark or some other legal problem involving his source of inspiration. So Nick had to come up with a new idea and start over from scratch while the clock was still ticking. If this is true, then it would help explain why Nick was not in the best mood at that point in the competition.

carmelized

carmelized

Fanatic

Posted Jul 15, 2008 @ 7:43 AM

So Nick had to come up with a new idea and start over from scratch while the clock was still ticking. If this is true, then it would help explain why Nick was not in the best mood at that point in the competition.

That makes sense. That wouldn't put me in the best of moods, either. I like Nick, and he strikes me as a good guy, so I'm inclined to give him a pass for his occasional less-than-stellar moments on the show.

Edited by carmelized, Jul 15, 2008 @ 7:45 AM.

ags

ags

Fanatic

Posted Jul 15, 2008 @ 10:22 PM

So Nick had to come up with a new idea and start over from scratch while the clock was still ticking. If this is true, then it would help explain why Nick was not in the best mood at that point in the competition.

But most of Nick's annoying behavior took place at the beginning of the Inspiration challenge.
======
Over the run of PR2, I found Nick quite annoying even early on in the competition when he could do no wrong. I am quite proud of myself for calling him out on his fishtail hems and silly stories well before Michael Kors and Jay McCarroll did respectively.

He clearly played to the cameras, especially in the confessionals - I think he fancied himself as the narrator and tried to channel Paul Lynde. I guess I am mellowing in my old age because even though I still find him irksome at times, it just doesn't stick in my craw like it did before. This mellowing was mid-wifed by witnessing S3's Jeffrey and Top Chef's Ilan.

Also to his credit, he wasn't mean spirited except for the whickety-whack dig at Marla, his digs at Santino whether mean-spirited or not tended to make him look bad, MMV. Also, he owned up to his "queening"* behavior.

*his words (or something similar), not mine.

Edited by ags, Jul 15, 2008 @ 10:32 PM.

ags

ags

Fanatic

Posted Sep 21, 2008 @ 4:32 PM

Nick's Blog
He reviews PR episodes and covers other fashion and entertainment matters. If you scroll down, you'll see celebrities wearing Nick's creations. If he one of his people read this, I wish he'd label his red carpet designs.

patty1h

patty1h

Couch Potato

Posted May 22, 2011 @ 10:52 AM

I just saw Nick in a commercial for Virgin Mobile/Android phones, one where they're trying to make the "Sparah" couple happen. He played a fierce stylist getting the couple ready for their next paparazzi moment.