CHARACTER: Mrs. Nika Scofield

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

154 replies to this topic

kostaki

kostaki

Just Tuned In

Posted Nov 20, 2005 @ 8:44 PM

Does anyone know the real name of the actress who plays Scofields wife?? the stripper named Mika

Pop Culture Freak

Pop Culture Freak

Stalker

Posted Nov 20, 2005 @ 8:45 PM

Her name was Nika and she was played by Holly Valance. But you shouldn't open a new thread for it. Sobell will probably close it soon.

pennyq

pennyq

Fanatic

Posted Nov 21, 2005 @ 12:03 AM

Seth has a thread, and he's dead, so there's probably no reason Michael's wife, who has played a pretty important role (helping Michael get the access card, calling the cops on Falzone, and piquing Bellick's interest) and may still have more to contribute to the plot, shouldn't have a thread. I find the thread title rather amusing though.

So, do we think she has actual feelings for Michael? Because she seemed to be acting very friendly with him. And it seems that Michael needs her more than she needs him for the green card. I mean, it's not like he's really in any position to divorce her or anything.

Pop Culture Freak

Pop Culture Freak

Stalker

Posted Nov 21, 2005 @ 12:26 AM

Good point. But yeah we should probably change the thread name. :)

ToddyEnglish

ToddyEnglish

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 21, 2005 @ 2:21 PM

Yeah, she was definitely just a one shot character...

Then again, I said the samething aout tweener.

LolaRuns

LolaRuns

Stalker

Posted Nov 21, 2005 @ 2:27 PM

I picture her being more in the Lisa category. She will appear a bunch of times and then be killed off for shock value.

Karissa7

Karissa7

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 21, 2005 @ 2:29 PM

Why shouldn't Nika have her own thread? I like her and yes, I think she does have feelings for Michael. Do I feel a triangle coming on? I hope not, but you never know. :)

Pop Culture Freak

Pop Culture Freak

Stalker

Posted Nov 21, 2005 @ 2:38 PM

Maybe Bellick will kill her and then be like, "you can go to hell with that damn Marilyn!"

ETA I think her feelings for Michael consist of being grateful that he married her so she could stay in the US. But I don't think he feels anything for her beyond a friendly affection.

Edited by Pop Culture Freak, Nov 21, 2005 @ 2:39 PM.

pennyq

pennyq

Fanatic

Posted Nov 21, 2005 @ 2:46 PM

Lola, I completely agree. She is a prime target for collateral damage that Michael will feel guilty about.

Crandle

Crandle

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 21, 2005 @ 3:32 PM

Do we know for sure that she married Michael just to get a green card? IIRC Bellick was the one making all the assumptions, and she seemed to just go along with it. The only info she confirmed was that she gave Michael a credit card. She didn't confirm or deny that they got married for green card reasons from her POV. I think there's more to this than meets the eye.

Pop Culture Freak

Pop Culture Freak

Stalker

Posted Nov 21, 2005 @ 3:38 PM

No, other than Bellick it was not confirmed. However, it does seem like he met her like right after she came over because he discussed "the first hotel you stayed in." Also, she said she'd gotten a job, which was new news since the last time they had spoken.

sobell

sobell

Fanatic

Posted Nov 21, 2005 @ 5:04 PM

FYI: I think it's a fine idea to have this thread. At the end of S1, I'll go through and prune the inactive or dwindled-to-obsolescence threads, but since we have no way of really knowing what this character might do in the future, why not keep the thread?

Neuri

Neuri

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 21, 2005 @ 5:07 PM

Is it wrong to be jealous of a thread title?

majenta

majenta

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 21, 2005 @ 10:53 PM

I thought I would really hate Holly Valance's "acting," but she was ok. Even if the vaguely East European accent was not so good.

Pop Culture Freak

Pop Culture Freak

Stalker

Posted Nov 21, 2005 @ 11:41 PM

neuri, you're friggin' hilarious. sobell, thanks for the guidance and title change.

Rina99

Rina99

Fanatic

Posted Nov 22, 2005 @ 1:33 AM

She was more interesting to me in her few moments onscreen than Sara has been the entire run, so of course she'll end up biting it soon. Why can't Sara and Veronica just die? Oh, wait, wrong thread. Anyways, I hope they bring the character back for more scenes.

LolaRuns

LolaRuns

Stalker

Posted Nov 22, 2005 @ 1:38 AM

I agree that the character is much more interesting and intriguing than Sara. Pity I don't care for the actress from what little I have seen of her.

But hey, Veronica is starting to win me over with her not!being!Saraness (and her not being passive aggressiveness and her not being googly eyedness and her not being completely superfluousness despite actress issues;) If even dumber than dirt Veronica can do that Nika should have it easy should she ever get featured more.

Edited by LolaRuns, Nov 22, 2005 @ 1:38 AM.

Jedibarrister

Jedibarrister

Fanatic

Posted Nov 28, 2005 @ 2:43 PM

No, other than Bellick it was not confirmed. However, it does seem like he met her like right after she came over because he discussed "the first hotel you stayed in." Also, she said she'd gotten a job, which was new news since the last time they had spoken.

Now this is all in my head, but I had assumed that she was one of those poor souls who are promised au pair jobs from eastern europe and end up sold into prostitution. Michael has been said to work for charities and HE mentions the first hotel she had. Reading between the lines, I assumed he helped her out while working at one of the charities, got her off the street, paid for the crappy hotel she had at first, got her a green card to keep her in the U.S. and "steered" her to the new job at a strip club that Bellick liked to go. That way he can fulfill his need to rescue not only the girl but his brother. Bellick is so distracted by Scofield's wife, contraband, whatever, that he's really missing a lot of everything else that is going on...well until Tweener comes along in need of a burger anyway.

When/if Michael breaks out, poor Nika will be watched 24/7 given the recent conjugal visit. Every aspect of their marriage will be scrutinized and she'll be power-freaked by the INS threat all over again.

Neuri

Neuri

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 10, 2005 @ 4:45 PM

I'm wondering how long a greencard marriage has to last for it to be legitimate. It would be too suspicious for Nika and Michael to get an annulment or a divorce too soon (not that it's a priority for either of them at the moment). So how long does it have to be before the INS (plausibly) looks the other way if the marriage dissolves?

Also, if either party decides to get out, what are the grounds under which an annulment is granted? Is that even an option for these two or is divorce the only way to dissolve their "marriage"?

simpatico

simpatico

Fanatic

Posted Dec 11, 2005 @ 12:09 AM

I would think having her husband rob a bank and go to jail would be seen as a valid reason for Nika to want to divorce. But I know nothing about marriage law, so I'm wondering about the terms of these things too.

Neuri

Neuri

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 11, 2005 @ 12:14 AM

But she's been to see him in prison and everyone around saw how amicable they were towards one another. But I get your point. I'd like to know how much of a factor staying married is in validating a green card.

flesh cartoon

flesh cartoon

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 11, 2005 @ 12:32 AM

I can't believe I actually Googled 'green card marriage'... but this article lays out the timetable and goes into how divorce affects green card status. Basically all marriages are '2 year conditional' until both partners petition for permenent status. The divorce thing is more complicated and on a different time line. Fear of Fake Marriages Making Permanent Green Cards Difficult to Obtain

Neuri

Neuri

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 11, 2005 @ 12:44 AM

Wow. Thanks, flesh cartoon. That's gonna help me sleep better tonight.

And with that, I'm off to bed. G'nite all.

RobotSleep

RobotSleep

Just Tuned In

Posted Mar 2, 2006 @ 1:57 PM

I hope we see more of Nika she's gotta have more responsibilities then only giving Michael that access card. I think she is going to be really pissed off that Michael is escaping...She'll be watched by the cops but will it affect her citizenship?

I happened to watch a episode of CSI:Miami called Addiction and I saw Holly Valance(Nika) star along side of Rob Knepper(T-bag). It was interesting seeing the two of them flirt with each other. Other than that the CSI:Las Vegas is way better.

Pop Culture Freak

Pop Culture Freak

Stalker

Posted Mar 2, 2006 @ 2:48 PM

How funny that they were both on an ep together!

I do wonder if Nika is coming back - it seems like she'd be a convenient person for Michael to reach out to when things go wrong with the plan, but who knows.

AmeliaV

AmeliaV

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 27, 2006 @ 5:21 PM

Here she is! I've found Felicity Scully! The first episode she's in has just aired in the UK and how funny to see Flick! What with Billy Kennedy on House and Felicity Scully on here, I have a hunch that someone at FOX has had their eye on good old Neighbours as a breeding ground for attractive young supporting players in new dramas for rather a while now!

I'm so pleased to hear that she's another person to find life after Neighbours, but even more pleased to not hear anymore of her pop career.

Edited by AmeliaV, Mar 27, 2006 @ 5:23 PM.

LadyC

LadyC

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 7, 2006 @ 8:14 AM

AmeliaV I was wondering when someone was going to make a reference to Flick. And ditto on the music career ... though if I had to pick a song out of the "many" that she was released Naughty Girl was the best one. It beats her dancing around in a flesh bikini singing "Kiss Kiss".

Here in Australia we've had constant ads reminding us that Holly's in Prison Break ... if only she could act.

boxergirl

boxergirl

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 8, 2006 @ 12:48 AM

Here in Australia we've had constant ads reminding us that Holly's in Prison Break ... if only she could act.

Hahah, agreed!

First they had us with 'Australia's own' Dominic Purcell....

Of all the actresses I could stand to see in that role, of all roles, and she gets it... aaarrrggghh

Sorry, nothing constructive to add as I have only seen up tp Ep 10 (watching 11 & 12 tonight), I'm sure I will have an even stronger opinion after the next few.

Edited by boxergirl, May 2, 2006 @ 8:27 AM.

Jedibarrister

Jedibarrister

Fanatic

Posted Apr 26, 2006 @ 9:46 PM

If you scroll up to post #18, you see how I totally guessed Nika's story. There's been some controversy as to whether or not she told Sara the truth about how she came to Michael...mail order bride or slave traders. I say that she was telling the truth because (a) she mentioned to Michael about the people that brought her over taught her not to fight and (b) you can be promised as a bride and be sold as slaves "like [she] heard from some of the other girls."

StudMuffinBob

StudMuffinBob

Posted Apr 29, 2006 @ 8:38 PM

I think Nika is way more interesting than Sara too and too bad she is not the woman Michael hooks up with since I really think these two have chemistry .