Shows You Hate (But Watch Anyway)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

468 replies to this topic

abejita

abejita

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 8, 2008 @ 11:06 AM

Brenda Hampton owns this thread. As if Seventh Heaven wasn't bad enough, now we have Secret Life of the American Teen. Why do I subject myself to this crap? I actually look forward to each episode, even though I hate it so much.

DirectEstoppel

DirectEstoppel

Posted Mar 17, 2012 @ 7:07 PM

In Plain Sight. The main character is surly, her mother's played by always-seems nervous Lesley Ann Warren, and the witnesses are idiots. But I've liked Fred Weller ever since I saw "The Business of Strangers." And I remember Paul Ben-Victor from "The Practice."

hamsammich229

hamsammich229

Video Archivist

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 11:05 AM

Definitely Celebrity Apprentice. I see the previews, see celebrities I like, watch as they are inevitably fired early and tune out as Trump picks some horrible monster to win every time.

HelloooKitty

HelloooKitty

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 12:12 AM

Smash- that show seemed like it had so much potential and was hyped to the rafters and yet is a ridiculous flaming pile of poo. And yet, I somehow feel if I stop watching it before the end of the season the show somehow "wins". 2 more episodes to slog through and then I will be FREE!

Also, the last seasons of ER. When they dropped the helicopter on Ramono I had to roll my eyes. I remember telling my friend- it's like the helicopter got a taste of blood when it took his arm and it's been stalking him ever since, biding it's time, so it can get more! I felt that made about as much sense as him not getting any kind of proper send off!

cynicat x

cynicat x

Fanatic

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 4:03 AM

Glee. I have the last 3 episodes sitting on my DVR unwatched. When I forced myself to watch the season opener, Quinn's car accident was laughable. Why do I feel the need to even FF through this total pile of shit? It's not like anyone I know even talks about it anymore. Wait, my 11 year old niece still likes it.

Edited by cynicat x, May 12, 2012 @ 4:04 AM.

AtlanticVamp

AtlanticVamp

Fanatic

• Interests:I think there's something degrading about having a wife for a rival. If you fail, it's humiliating; if you succeed, it's commonplace.-Christopher Hampton, paraphrased

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 4:15 PM

Definitely Celebrity Apprentice. I see the previews, see celebrities I like, watch as they are inevitably fired early and tune out as Trump picks some horrible monster to win every time.

Thank you, hamsammich229.

I also hate the situation of seeing a celebrity I previously liked turn out to be an ass.

I was looking forward to Lisa Lampanelli on the show, having been a fan of her stand-up, only to see her become an insecure, hateful bitch. I don't even like the people she was complaining about, but it took all the fun out of it for me. Ditto Joan Rivers, who got (and stayed) too personal about Annie Duke.

The only season of Celebrity Apprentice that had a semi-satisfying result was the season that Bret Michaels won, IMO.

AtlanticVamp

AtlanticVamp

Fanatic

• Interests:I think there's something degrading about having a wife for a rival. If you fail, it's humiliating; if you succeed, it's commonplace.-Christopher Hampton, paraphrased

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 4:17 PM

*darn double post.

Edited by AtlanticVamp, May 16, 2012 @ 6:43 PM.

Dregel00X

Dregel00X

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 6:15 AM

I watched all episodes of "Beverly Hills" even though I found it preachy, stupid, it looked down on the working class (it did) and with superficial and perfect, beautiful people. I had a hate/love for it.

Same with Gossip girl. Less preachy and less perfect peoople but they are still too perfect and pretty for me to really get involved.

Both shows had their moments, but it was not a world I reciognised. "Seventh Heaven" for the same reasons as the ones above.

Also, I LOVED Baywatch before it went over the top with plastic surgery. The last seasons was dreadful.

Edited by Dregel00X, May 15, 2012 @ 6:16 AM.

selkie

selkie

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 6:46 PM

The mister used to watch CA, then dropped it this season, and I found myself complaining to him that I was rather missing getting to complain about how much I hated Trump and the show throughout the broadcast.

Fable

Fable

Fanatic

Posted Nov 18, 2012 @ 7:53 PM

The freaking Vampire Diaries! I actually did quit watching midway through season 3, but then over the summer, I went back and watched the episodes I missed, and come season 4, sure enough, I was watching it again. The only characters I really care about any more are Jeremy, Elijah (who is rarely ever on) and to a lesser degree Stefan. UGH!!! I need a 12-step program or something.

Scrambled Eggs

Scrambled Eggs

Fanatic

Posted Nov 19, 2012 @ 1:22 AM

Blue Bloods has become my hate-watch show. I don't know why I keep watching it--Danny Reagan ought to be in jail, or at least be thrown off the police force for all his antics; I find the show's politics troubling; and I think it's at least borderline racist at times. And then add in the Jennifer Esposito controversy. I am watching less frequently though--two episodes are still sitting on my DVR.

But I don't hate Nikki as much as others do. I would be fine if they killed off the grandfather, though.

Jeebus Cripes

Jeebus Cripes

Fanatic

Posted Nov 19, 2012 @ 2:05 AM

Same with Gossip girl. Less preachy and less perfect peoople but they are still too perfect and pretty for me to really get involved.

I'm so freaking glad this show is ending this year, and that the season is cut in half. I'll be happy to be rid of it, because god only knows why I can't seem to stop watching it.

90210, why can't I quit you? I have varying degrees of hate for every character on there, and the plots are the type of nonsense twelve year old girls would think up. The entire show is like one large, badly written fanfic.

thuganomics85

thuganomics85

Stalker

Posted Nov 19, 2012 @ 3:21 PM

I just had Beauty and the Beast (CW version) marathon and I'm going to continue to watch, despite finding it very cheesy and boring. Surprisingly, I really don't have any issues with Kristen Kreuk, but between the Beast basically trying to rip-off Christian Bale's raspy Batman voice (I keep waiting for him to yell "Where's Joker?! WHERE IS HE?!!!!), Kreuk's detective partner being played by (IMO) one horrible actress, the typical goofy side-kick, annoying (if cute) sister, everyone being younger then they probably should be, a damn love triangle is already forming, and (IMO), the Beauty and the Beast have no chemistry.

But, I guess what? I heard that one of my favorite TV actresses, Bridget Regan (Kahlan from Legend of the Seeker), will be having a future recurring role. So, I watched, so I would know what is going on before she arrives. And, damnit, I'll keep watching for her, even if I dislike this silly show. I really wished she was on Arrow instead.

Cynic

Cynic

Fanatic

Posted Nov 29, 2012 @ 12:41 AM

Despite thinking Revolution is godawful and detesting the lead "actress", I still find myself staying up past my bedtime to watch it in real time. My only excuse is that I had been looking forward to it so much before it premiered that I'm now having trouble dealing with the disappointment and accepting that the show is a trainwreck. At least I'm getting some enjoyment out of snarking on it. I swear I'm not watching it after the hiatus though...at least not in realtime.

Love

Love

Fanatic

• Interests:Dancing and music. LOST was my fave tv show ever. Can't believe how much I miss it. There will never be another like it. My fave shows now consist of Game of Thrones, Vikings, Arrow, Once Upon A Time & CSI (original flavour). I still try to catch the Vampire Diaries and Glee for old times sake.

Posted Nov 29, 2012 @ 7:53 PM

Glee. I don't know why I'm still watching. I hate all the new characters (except Puck's brother whose name I can't even remember). The McKinley characters who are left do nothing for me. I can't stand any of them, especially Tina and Brittany. Ok, maybe I tolerate Sam and Artie a bit. The characters that I loved the first three seasons...Santana, Puck and Quinn have been next to invisible. I like Finn but even he's not cutting it for me this year. The only song I've downloaded this season was "Mine".

Yet...I still DVR and watch every week. I don't know if I'm hoping that the music will improve and that my faves will be back. Or maybe it's just for old time's sake. Whatever the reason, I just can't quit this stupid show.

AtlanticVamp

AtlanticVamp

Fanatic

Posted Dec 10, 2012 @ 6:31 PM

I used to be a fan of both Tosh.0 and The Soup. During this summer, finances caused our household to sacrifice cable to accommodate other bills while my kids were out of school. However, when the cable was brought back, I began to wonder why I was watching this crap.

Tosh.0 is just getting grosser and dumber by the week. Eventually, I half-expect a live decapitation --hell, they did have a live BIRTH!-- to eventually end up on it. The recent "Web Redemption" of a snotty little bitch who robbed a Girl Scout of her cookie money, by maching up an armed car robbery sort of sealed the deal for me. Usually Web Redemptions are just that: giving someone a second chance to do something athletic or artistic and do it correctly. Glorifying a thief that stole from a child was just ignorant and grotesque.

I have only one thing to say about the Soup: Yes, Joel McHale (and writers), I know you're thin. Now shut up.

wildling

wildling

Fanatic

Posted Dec 17, 2012 @ 9:50 PM

Revolution.

I'm the first one to admit its every single flaw yet I can't stop watching.

ParadoxLost

ParadoxLost

Fanatic

Posted Dec 17, 2012 @ 10:41 PM

I've been freed from the chains that bound me to watch Gossip Girl wih loathing in my heart. Its over. And boy did it suck.

Rhaenys

Rhaenys

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 25, 2012 @ 12:04 PM

Amen.

I still want to know what ever possessed me to watch The Secret Circle.