Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team

• Please log in to reply

11164 replies to this topic

Reality Chaser

Reality Chaser

Fanatic

Posted Oct 16, 2010 @ 7:10 PM

Cool that CMT is playing Dukes of Hazzard reruns before Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team. I remember back in the 80s, the Duke boys came on before Dallas. It was a redneck heaven.

MrsEVH

MrsEVH

Fanatic

Posted Oct 16, 2010 @ 7:38 PM

youtube only has seasons 1 and 2.

Edited by MrsEVH, Oct 16, 2010 @ 7:39 PM.

bigskygirl

bigskygirl

Fanatic

Posted Oct 17, 2010 @ 11:54 AM

Imo, after watching season 1, the main and possible only reason why Meagan F. was brought into training camp was because she "looks" like Julia Roberts.

3dcc

3dcc

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 17, 2010 @ 11:55 AM

I do have to admit and agree with some of you that some of the girls do look a lot older than they say they are. Miranda, for sure, looks older than 27, because if she's 27, then that would make me 18 (I'm 26). Same with, sorry if I offend some people here, but Lauren Williams does not look 24 to me. She looks older, I would say late 20's, but I can definitely tell she lost weight from the beginning of auditions to now. You can see it in her face, even though I do like her "chubby" cheek look (but they aren't chubby to me, just fuller). Also, is it just me or does Kelli seem meaner this season. I feel like she's trying to emulate Simon Cowell for Making the Team. I don't know if that's how she really is, or just doing it for the camera on the producers pushing. Lots of drama already, and more to come! Cheers!

MrsEVH

MrsEVH

Fanatic

Posted Oct 17, 2010 @ 5:06 PM

I think Natalie Woods coming back is just a rumour. I've been hearing that for the last two seasons. I would love to see her back but I don't think she will.

weenerdog

weenerdog

Fanatic

Posted Oct 17, 2010 @ 5:40 PM

The season premiere will repeat Monday at 11:00 am central AND 1:00 pm central ...

Frecklz

Frecklz

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 17, 2010 @ 5:53 PM

Lauren Williams does not look older in person, but I didn't notice her looking older on TV either. I will tell you that she is an outstanding performer and caught my eye immediately at F&F. Now it doesn't hurt that she is very tall with legs that go on forever!

I don't see Kelli as "meaner", she is just very direct and speaks her mind. It's not personal, it's business. I do think some of the editing makes it appear as catty, but honestly these types of remarks go on within every drill team judging, cheerleading competitions, etc. they are just not broadcast on national TV. I thought Charlotte Anderson's remarks about "if she is ever caught dancing like that" was hilarious!

I'm already anxiously awaiting the next episode!

SleepyJean

SleepyJean

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 17, 2010 @ 9:03 PM

1. I'm glad they cut Kaime. I think it's kinder to let her go before she invested more energy, time, and money in finals and training camp. I wish they'd done the same with Miranda, since it doesn't sound like Kelli wants her. Hopefully both will move on from this (without second guessing and trying to come back like Meagan did.)

2. No mention of Meagan's braces? Would any other girl have gotten past semis with braces? I don't think so. I was sad that she came back. I was hoping she'd moved on and realized the DCC aren't SUCH a big deal.

3. I liked Kenley more this year. She was overshadowed by her sister last year. She's much cuter than I remembered. And screw you Judy for giving her a hard time for not putting the DCC before everything else in her life. Kenley probably did think she would be able to work it out and still do the pageant. Once she realized she couldn't, she went with the organization she'd been committed to longer. I'm so glad she's a Mavs dancers. I think she'll be great with them.

4. It's interesting how scornful Charlotte (that's her name, right?) was about Miranda auditioning over and over and over, considering Charlotte never was a dancer and probably never had to audition for anything in her life. It's like on the one hand, they want these girls to devote every ounce of their beings to the DCC, and then smirk about the ones who are so committed they keep coming back year after year to try to be on the team.

5. I would like to see more compassion from Judy and Kelli. They don't have to be all sweetness and light, but they're so "mean girls" sometimes. I have to wonder if they were in their prime, if either of them would be chosen for the team. How would young Kelli and Judy stand up to the giant "Diamond vision" screen? I kind of think not.

weenerdog

weenerdog

Fanatic

Posted Oct 18, 2010 @ 6:03 AM

Charlotte's daddy is Cowboys' owner Jerry Jones. She's never had to work for anything.

After Sunday's Cowboys' game, I would be EMBARRASSED to cheer for this team ... terrible.

bigskygirl

bigskygirl

Fanatic

Posted Oct 18, 2010 @ 7:07 AM

Personally I do not think the Menchew sisters would have made the team.

The one sister could not dance and her "I am the greatest thing since sliced bread" attitude did not help her.

Kinley knew the pageant was in November. Did she actually think she would have gotten time off for it during football season.

They probably got into training camp because of the drama factor.

purplemonkey

purplemonkey

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 18, 2010 @ 9:24 AM

On board for the current season, DVR and glorious HD! I have to admit I forgot they were still doing this show until I saw the thread pop up again.

Here in Big D the new stadium is known as the death star, and yes, it's that over the top in person. I wonder if the whole season was filmed there, or just the initial tryouts.

Loved the security guard scene, too. Ugh, the whole kickline thing at auditions - I imagine that's very much an ensemble effort, and at performances the ladies are grouped strategically. Therefore, I don't think an audition kickline has a chance in hell at looking that great. I wonder how much time each "line" even had together before going up against Kelli's bitchface.

kalibean

kalibean

Fanatic

Posted Oct 18, 2010 @ 10:26 AM

Unfortunately the jumbotron is a huge part of the DCC performance now at Cowboy's Stadium, so I can definitely see why Kelli & Charlotte want to scrutinize these young ladies appearance as it relates to the jumbotron.

Seriously. It's really difficult to actually keep your eyes off the thing. I'm slackjawed and staring at it nearly the entire time. It doesn't hurt that they keep the yellow first down line on it, either. I love that yellow line.

The Cowboys do indeed suck this year, but the ladies always look fab. So glad they keep airing this show!

SleepyJean

SleepyJean

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 18, 2010 @ 10:48 AM

Kinley knew the pageant was in November. Did she actually think she would have gotten time off for it during football season.

I watched last season again and the pageant was in June. It wasn't crazy for Kenley to think she'd have a Saturday off in June? Damn, the football team gets more time off than those girls.
I don't get it. They make such a big deal about the girls being the best dancers, and the dances themselves aren't technically difficult. Do they really need to rehearse all day every day?

Then again, maybe they do. Check out this video. The DCC are performing somewhere and about 10 seconds into it, a whole bunch of them got completely lost. Bless their hearts, they recovered, but it was pretty funny for a few seconds there. I would love to have seen Kelli's face. I bet her head almost exploded.

hoosiermom

hoosiermom

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 18, 2010 @ 12:20 PM

Are the DCC really that much better than all the others or is it the notoriety that causes so many women to humiliate themselves to be on this squad?

kristensmom

kristensmom

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 18, 2010 @ 12:22 PM

Does anyone else wish they would start the show with an update of the veterans and who from last year's squad is returning and who is not?? Looking at the current squad photo (I know, I just can't help spoiling it for myself!), I noticed that quite a few are not returning including Abigail Klein and I wonder why. Some tried so hard to make it over a few previous years (Brandi for one) and are not returning.

Sinala

Sinala

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 18, 2010 @ 12:40 PM

Good point, but what's up around the face is that HIDEOUS blouse with those huge-ass sleeves. You always have to have makeup on because no matter what your job is, you ALWAYS represent the Cowboys. For $50.00 bucks a week.

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned a while back because I may have overlooked it but how much exactly do these girls earn annually? I watch this show because I find it so amusing that girls think they are auditioning for some oscar winning movie role but then again perhaps I just fail to understand the lure of being a DCC. Apart from moving on to show business, what exactly do they get out of being a cheerleader especially if the salary is not that great. Also, can someone tell me when the girls are poolside and they show the complex-does the DC actually pay the rent for those girls there? Just wondering.

Reality Chaser

Reality Chaser

Fanatic

Posted Oct 18, 2010 @ 1:06 PM

Also, can someone tell me when the girls are poolside and they show the complex-does the DC actually pay the rent for those girls there?

The Dallas Cowboys do not pay rent for the cheerleaders' apartments. That complex shown on the show is not inexpensive by Dallas standards, either. Most of the DCCs have an outside benefactor at least partially bankrolling their time on the squad; about half are married, some are maxing out their student loans, and others get money from their parents. Occasionally they make $200-300 for an appearance, but that's rare. Someone here mentioned several pages ago that rookies are not paid for appearances.

Edited by Reality Chaser, Oct 18, 2010 @ 1:08 PM.

Pumpkinhead33

Pumpkinhead33

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 18, 2010 @ 1:31 PM

Judi's attitude about Kinley is just so absurd. So she thinks she "took someone's spot". Well it's not life and death, for one thing. They also didn't have to take her and her sister into training camp if they knew there were pageants involved. I don't think the sisters were in the wrong for trying out to be on the squad, because there's really a 50/50 chance. Judi just shows how immature she is by sinking down in her chair and scowling when they talk about putting Kinley on the squad or even just taking her into semis. The lady was outnumbered and couldn't handle it.

beezer

beezer

Stalker

Posted Oct 18, 2010 @ 2:29 PM

I don't think the sisters were in the wrong for trying out to be on the squad, because there's really a 50/50 chance.

But if they knew they couldn't do it if they made the squad, it's not 50/50 because they couldn't do it regardless. I hated them last season because I thought they were just famewhores for that reason - that even if they made it, they'd have to decline so ... - so I was on Judy's side there. I couldn't believe Kelly was so ok with it.

Sinala

Sinala

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 18, 2010 @ 2:32 PM

Also, can someone tell me when the girls are poolside and they show the complex-does the DC actually pay the rent for those girls there?

The Dallas Cowboys do not pay rent for the cheerleaders' apartments. That complex shown on the show is not inexpensive by Dallas standards, either. Most of the DCCs have an outside benefactor at least partially bankrolling their time on the squad; about half are married, some are maxing out their student loans, and others get money from their parents. Occasionally they make $200-300 for an appearance, but that's rare. Someone here mentioned several pages ago that rookies are not paid for appearances.

Thanks Reality Chaser for the info!

Nancybeth

Nancybeth

Fanatic

Posted Oct 18, 2010 @ 4:40 PM

Most of the DCCs have an outside benefactor at least partially bankrolling their time on the squad; about half are married, some are maxing out their student loans, and others get money from their parents. Occasionally they make $200-300 for an appearance, but that's rare. Someone here mentioned several pages ago that rookies are not paid for appearances.

That was my thought as well, especially the girls who are living off their parents. Some of them are probably still college students. And some of the DCC must have jobs, right?? As far as I can tell, their practices and games are mostly on evenings and weekends.

dietcoker

dietcoker

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 18, 2010 @ 5:03 PM

Yay Season 5! Gawd. Kelly is bitchier than ever. Does this woman have any personality trait other that bitch? In her interview snippets, she never has anything interesting or clever to say unless it is a bitchy comment.

I find it ironic that the owner's daughter comments about how women should "look at the 18 year olds they are competing against and look for a new passion in their life" and then sits in the stands and meanly makes fun of said 18 year old girls because they aren't "HD enough" to appear pretty on the Big Screen. I think she needs to move on to a new passion in her own life besides being a bitchy snob to women who want to join her organization. High School clichés and sorority black balling was about 30 years ago for her.

Abigail Klein

I heard upfront that she wanted to go to college. If this is true, then great for her. But I'll miss her this year. She was one of my favorites.

blondiegirl1012

blondiegirl1012

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 18, 2010 @ 5:15 PM

Full episode was just posted on the CMT website

http://www.cmt.com/v...l-episode.jhtml

weenerdog

weenerdog

Fanatic

Posted Oct 18, 2010 @ 5:49 PM

I'll miss Abigail too. They have colleges in Dallas. = (

bigskygirl

bigskygirl

Fanatic

Posted Oct 18, 2010 @ 6:59 PM

I thought Kenley's pageant was in November and the other sister's was in June.

I think the sisters left because the one was called into the office because her lack of dance skills and her attitude and Kenley was just blindly going along with her.

I so do not think either one would have made the team and the only reason why Kinley is in the finals this year is because of drama aka ratings.

sdman1879

sdman1879

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 18, 2010 @ 7:12 PM

Then again, maybe they do. Check out this video. The DCC are performing somewhere and about 10 seconds into it, a whole bunch of them got completely lost. Bless their hearts, they recovered, but it was pretty funny for a few seconds there. I would love to have seen Kelli's face. I bet her head almost exploded.

No chance in hell they would have been reprimanded. That was Whitney and Cassie (middle, left to right). Figure the rest out.

Boring Member

Boring Member

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 18, 2010 @ 7:24 PM

I wonder if the security guard gets some extra money for his participation in the show. I recognize him more than some of the girls!

SanLynn

SanLynn

Fanatic

Posted Oct 18, 2010 @ 7:50 PM

Bwahahahaha, that video cracks me the heck up. How long have they practiced that dance and they still do it wrong? The dances don't even change that much from year to year. That cracks me up. Especially since one of the ones out of synch is Cassie "my daughter is so great" Trammell.

Edited by SanLynn, Oct 18, 2010 @ 7:51 PM.

callynt

callynt

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 18, 2010 @ 7:58 PM

Judi's attitude about Kinley is just so absurd. So she thinks she "took someone's spot". Well it's not life and death, for one thing. They also didn't have to take her and her sister into training camp if they knew there were pageants involved. I don't think the sisters were in the wrong for trying out to be on the squad, because there's really a 50/50 chance. Judi just shows how immature she is by sinking down in her chair and scowling when they talk about putting Kinley on the squad or even just taking her into semis. The lady was outnumbered and couldn't handle it.

I didn't watch last year, and taped the show earlier today. It wasn't much fun for me to watch given that we are almost halfway through the NFL season. Who's idea was it to premier this so late?

Anywho, I totally agree with you about Judi's attitude. She's a bit long in the tooth to be this snide about a cheerleading squad. geesh.

Also, I really want Miranda Parker to stop trying out. Really I do. It hurts me to see her try and fail and try and fail....to convince me that she's 29... I mean it really hurts.

shibori

shibori

Fanatic

Posted Oct 19, 2010 @ 10:51 AM

Does Kenley Minchew really think she has a chance to make the squad after what she did last year?

I strongly suspect they're stringing her along so that they can cut her later. You know that Judy and Kelly couldn't sleep all year knowing that someone quit before they could cut them.

That scene with the bigscreen has to be one of the most diabolically awesome things I've ever seen on a reality show. And Kelly, my HD TV may be smaller, but it's doing you no favors either.