Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team

• Please log in to reply

11164 replies to this topic

SchoolyardNinja

SchoolyardNinja

Couch Potato

Posted May 30, 2008 @ 10:31 AM

Has the show been officially renewed? I'll watch in the hopes that Kelli will crack a real smile. Is she capable of elation? Has the Botox drowned our damsel in a sea of facial impassivity? I must know!

Btw, thanks to everyone for marking the spoilers.

njbarmaid

njbarmaid

Couch Potato

Posted May 30, 2008 @ 10:43 AM

Never mind.

Edited by njbarmaid, May 30, 2008 @ 10:46 AM.

PsychadelicSoul

PsychadelicSoul

Channel Surfer

Posted May 30, 2008 @ 1:39 PM

Gina Becchetti, the Minnesota girl with the abs of steel (only 2006 Dulce was in better shape!)

I don't know if this needs to be spoilered or not, but Gina is now a Minnesota Vikings Cheerleader. Vikings Cheerleaders Website. She's 22 down from the top.

SanLynn

SanLynn

Fanatic

Posted May 30, 2008 @ 8:27 PM

Natalie did not try out.

Thank goodness. I was really hoping she was one of those "I want to do this for the experience" gals that do one year and give it up.

Unless, of course, Kelli and Judy in their infinite wisdom told her she wouldn't be asked back even if she did tryout. But I hope that's not the case either. And I doubt it would be. It's an open tryout, anyone can go.

Not surprised that Kelly Jo got cut but Michelle is a bit of a shock as they didn't show her having any issues when she was a rookie candidate. Also Leah, a two year veteran, being cut is a surprise.

Add me to the list of those that would like to know what happened to Loni the poor kicker who's got the right look and poor Melissa Rycroft who I felt so bad for last season.

Edited by SanLynn, May 30, 2008 @ 8:34 PM.

Blondie32

Blondie32

Channel Surfer

Posted May 30, 2008 @ 9:02 PM

Wow...I didn't realize that so many veterans didn't return.

I'm hoping that veterans like Starr, Leah, and Carmen decided to more on with the rest of their lives and didn't get cut. I also hope Melissa Rycroft came to her senses and decided not to try out again. She was so cute her rookie year, but just looked overtan and haggard on the show last year.

If Loni did try out again, that would make for good TV. I believe someone who attends the Cowboys games posted upthread that she was taken out of their kickline performances early in the season. ???

There is no way in hell the judges are going to be impartial about Judy's daughter.

missknowitall

missknowitall

Fanatic

Posted May 31, 2008 @ 8:22 AM

Christina Murphy is a full-time student with a part-time job, the demand from DCC was just too much.

Loni Lindsay (which isn't even her real name they used her middle name because they thought it sounded better) did not try out, she sat out the kickline all season, she probably would not have made the squad again.
Gina did indeed move back to Minnesota, she was homesick and missed her boyfriend.
Melissa Rycroft moved on, Candice Carr did not try out. I have not heard anything about Starr Spangler, but she definitely wasn't cut, so I gather she moved on also.
Rumor has it Brittany D tried out but didn't make training camp

tres francaise

tres francaise

Video Archivist

Posted May 31, 2008 @ 9:21 AM

missknowitall, what about Megan Fox, Misty Duncan, Christina Parker, Erica Perry, Jenn Nix & Sarah Shelton?

I assume that most of them didn't try out, but Sarah had just completed her first season, & seemed so excited, especially since she made the show group.

ETA: Thanks, missknowitall, for the info below!

Edited by tres francaise, May 31, 2008 @ 10:16 PM.

missknowitall

missknowitall

Fanatic

Posted May 31, 2008 @ 8:55 PM

tres francaise, Megan & Misty retired as part of the five year club. Megan helped with auditions this year. Everyone else didn't try out, don't know why.

Mischievious

Mischievious

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 1, 2008 @ 9:04 PM

When approximately does the next season start airing?

SanLynn

SanLynn

Fanatic

Posted Jun 1, 2008 @ 9:18 PM

If last season was anything to go by somewhere around labor day I think. Maybe late August at the earliest?

NurseToasty

NurseToasty

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 2, 2008 @ 7:18 AM

From the CMT boards

They will be airing it later this year. I found it out by looking at the DCC website. Here's the direct quote from the DCC site posted May 27,2008, "IRVING, Texas - Forty-five young women have progressed through the three weekends of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders audition process to become the 2008 DCC Training Camp Candidates. The group is comprised of 20 veterans and 25 rookies.
Although they've made it through Auditions, the hard work of Training Camp lies ahead as each strives to demonstrate that she is one of "America's Sweethearts" during the physical conditioning, dance training and personal counseling packed into the next 90 days. As was the case for the last three years, CMT is again covering the DCC selection and training process in the "Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Making the Team" series which will premiere later this year."

SchoolyardNinja

SchoolyardNinja

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 2, 2008 @ 10:10 AM

The group is comprised of 20 veterans and 25 rookies.

Isn't that a high veteran count? It seems that in previous seasons of the show there have been only 8-10 veterans at the training camp. Veterans wear pink and rookies wear blue, right? Then again, the show tends to focus on rookies so perhaps that's why it seemed not that many cheerleaders return for another season.

weenerdog

weenerdog

Fanatic

Posted Jun 5, 2008 @ 2:00 PM

SchoolYardNinja ~

I think last season the rookies wore pink, iirc.

shalom79

shalom79

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 5, 2008 @ 6:01 PM

The group is comprised of 20 veterans and 25 rookies.

Isn't that a high veteran count? It seems that in previous seasons of the show there have been only 8-10 veterans at the training camp.

That's the typical number. Vets are not featured on the show so there are some girls you dont even recognize from the series on the field if you go to a game. This year was atypical in the high number of vets cut during Finals, typically only 1 or 2 returning vets are cut but this year they cut the most in recent memory: 5 girls. The show has impacted the makeup of the squad in that there is less turnover and the candidates who try out are of higher caliber. Not only do you have girls coming from all over the country but many of the professional dancers in the metro area such as Mavs dancers, Desperados, Ice Girls all try out. Something like half the Mavs squad tried out for the team this year. Making the team is much more competitive than even 4 years ago before the series

Pictures of the squad that made it into training camp: http://www.dallascow...052708_1000.cfm.

spoilers about specific girls:

Vets cut: Carmen Butler, Michelle Mozek, Leah Mullinax, Andrea Rogers, KellyJo Stauffer

Natalie is working with her husband's business and now hosts "Hot on Homes" a real estate show on Sunday mornings in Dallas and Oklahoma City. She did not return for tryouts.

Starr has graduated from both TCU and the DCC and is no longer in Dallas.

Cassie Trammell is Judy's teenage daughter.

Loni Coon (Loni Lindsay), Christina Murphy, Melissa Rycroft and everyone else not listed as cut did not try out for the team this year.

Trish Trevino's sister is in training camp and is a former Mavs (I think) dancer.

Gina Becchetti moved back to Minnesota because she missed her boyfriend and family and is on the Vikings squad.

Brooke Sorenson, Abigail Klein, Meredith Oden, Nicole Hamilton all fan favorites featured on the show are returning for 2008-2009

Christina Parker who was not featured on the CMT program but was the "face" of the DCC last year (calendar cover, SI swimsuit issue representative, Are you Smarter than a 5th Grader, etc) was a 4th year vet who decided not to return to the squad.

4th year vet Megan Fox has been kicked upstairs and now helps choreograph the DCC. She is not on the squad.

The show has been renewed and is currently taping and will be broadcast concurrent with the football season in the Fall.

weenerdog

weenerdog

Fanatic

Posted Jun 6, 2008 @ 12:17 PM

I wish Victoria would have tried out again. Remember her? She made it into training camp, but was told she needed to tone her tummy and midsection. I thought she was STUNNING.

shalom79

shalom79

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 6, 2008 @ 8:30 PM

I believe Victoria from MTT2 was on this season's So You Think You Can Dance, she made it straight to Las Vegas but (again) did not make the final cut

TDoc72

TDoc72

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 7, 2008 @ 4:18 AM

What number is Cassie Tramell in the '08 Training Camp photo?

I just want to compare her w/her mom.

I'm glad Brooke is back. I think she's my fav.

Is the book 'Deep In The Heart Of Texas' written by 3 former DCC's any good? Is it worth the $0.01 (+shipping)?

eta:

I know that NFL players have commented in recent years how the Eagles or Buccs cheerleaders are hotter than the DCC

I think the DCC look a lot more wholesome then the Eagles' cheerleaders. A lot of them look like they just came off the pole. But maybe that's the 'America's Sweetheart' thing that Kelli is protecting?

Edited by TDoc72, Jun 8, 2008 @ 2:52 AM.

shalom79

shalom79

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 7, 2008 @ 10:07 PM

Tdoc72, she is in the back row, 4th girl on the left, next to Kristen Gauthier in the photo. IMO she looks very much like her mother.

And yes Brooke is great. She and Abigail are my favorites as well but all the girls who made it into training camp just look awesome. Even compared to past DCC squads.

I know that NFL players have commented in recent years how the Eagles or Buccs cheerleaders are hotter than the DCC but this year should put an end to all that

Edited by Strega, Jun 9, 2008 @ 3:15 PM.
Please read the pinned post about using spoiler tags.

Blondie32

Blondie32

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 4, 2008 @ 3:46 PM

According to the message boards on CMT.com, the 2008-2009 squad was finalized on Friday. Yes, Judy's daugher did make the squad.

The season is supposed to start the first week of October. Hasn't it started in August in the past?

njbarmaid

njbarmaid

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 19, 2008 @ 10:39 AM

Amazing Race 13 announced the contestants.

Starr Spangler and her brother compete!

Starr Spangler on the Amazing Race 13

missknowitall

missknowitall

Fanatic

Posted Aug 19, 2008 @ 8:42 PM

I saw that story about Starr today. Now I understand why she wasn't on the squad this year. I am a big AR fan, so it will be fun to see if she's a likeable contestant or not.

Snaphappy

Snaphappy

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 25, 2008 @ 12:44 PM

So, I must say that I watched the ENTIRE second season on my computer yesterday, and I am hooked.

*hangs head in shame*

Some thoughts:

GO NATALIE. You go with your bad self. I like that was older and was persistent. I couldn't help but root for her at the end.

Loni and Kelly Jo: I loved them. I know they weren't the best technically, but wow they put their money where their mouth was and really, really worked. For a girl who couldn't even do a single turn, Loni was leaps and bounds better by the end, and I'm glad she got the chance to wear that uniform.

I'm abivalent about Candy Carr. She may have an awful hair color now, but she still very, very much blends in and is forgettable. Meh.

I *heart* Brooke and I want to be her bff.

I swear I think Erica Jenkins (elf girl) is one of my elementary school teachers' little sisters. Honestly.

Christina Murphy broke my heart and I was rooting harder for her than anyone. What a sweet, talented girl, and a class act. She should have gotten more screen time.

I feel bad for Meghan F. She really is dumb as bricks. Even in her Ice Girls interview, she sounded really, really dumb, and was talking about how she's glad she can skate, because it's "cool to know that I am good at other things." Um honey? You're a glorified Zamboni machine. Michelle Kwan you are not.

Abigail looks disarmingly like Carrie Underwood.

Annnnd lastly, you'd have to be desperate to make the squad to go through all that. Seriously.

I also have no issues with who they cut. Kimber Baker was a total moron, and so was Brittany. Nina was pathetic, and really, if Victoria had applied herself, she could have lost about 5-7 pounds in the two weeks they gave her. I used to work for Jenny Craig, and that would be a very normal first 2 weeks weight loss for someone actually trying. Cutting out Cokes won't do it, so yeah, she deserved to go, unfortunately.

kalibean

kalibean

Fanatic

Posted Aug 26, 2008 @ 4:23 PM

I heard on Movin' 107.5 this morning (Dallas area radio) that the season officially starts on October 4th, and apparently it was delayed due to some sort of workings between CMT and DCC.

Snaphappy

Snaphappy

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 26, 2008 @ 10:54 PM

Is this Gina, Loni and Ally on the official DCC mouse pad? Like I said, it's no wonder Loni made it. She's a gorgeous girl.

There's Loni (and Ally & Abigail) AGAIN in their Official Playing Cards

Edited by Snaphappy, Aug 26, 2008 @ 11:03 PM.

njbarmaid

njbarmaid

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 27, 2008 @ 10:27 AM

They are updating the DCC site, tried to click on 2008 squad but got error mesage, the layout is different too. Wonder if they are still in process or wait until the show starts to update photo.

Edited by njbarmaid, Aug 27, 2008 @ 10:49 AM.

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Sep 2, 2008 @ 1:17 PM

Do we have a return date for the show yet? I have been trying to find something online, but no joy yet.

njbarmaid

njbarmaid

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 2, 2008 @ 3:32 PM

My DVR is picking up a marathon on VH1 on Thursday, 9/4 but nothing else. I don't know what season either.

SanLynn

SanLynn

Fanatic

Posted Sep 3, 2008 @ 7:59 PM

The last I heard, but I haven't been able to find anything either, is that the show won't be back until October on CMT. I also caught the marathon on VH1 with my DVR.

Edited by SanLynn, Sep 3, 2008 @ 7:59 PM.

NikiiBabie

NikiiBabie

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 5, 2008 @ 12:48 PM

So, I must say that I watched the ENTIRE second season on my computer yesterday, and I am hooked.

You too? ('cept I watched on VH1)

I loooove this show! Been a fan since the first season. I'm so glad I finally caught the season 2 marathon (since I don't have CMT) :-(

Have to admit: I'm kinda mad that Nina H. didn't get all those extra warnings that some of the other rookies did. (Ok, I'm real mad!) But I'm sure she'll be fine.

Definitely looking forward to season 3!

weenerdog

weenerdog

Fanatic

Posted Sep 24, 2008 @ 10:03 AM

Counting down to October 4.......Can't wait!