Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team

• Please log in to reply

11168 replies to this topic

slackerchick

slackerchick

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 31, 2007 @ 8:31 PM

Interesting article in GQ on the Cincinnati Ben-gals (seriously?)

GQ article

Sounds just about as tough as the DCC.

Pj3422

Pj3422

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 4, 2008 @ 2:50 PM

Did anybody catch the 2-hr. DCC show on CMT last night (10 CST)? It seemed like it was a pilot for the Making the Team series; I think it was produced in 2005. Had more of a filmed look than video, and wasn't as "sunny" or frivolous as our guilty pleasure, but it touched on all the highlights -- auditions, training camp, makeovers, etc. Kelli got emotional about having to cut some veterans, and we saw more input from Charlotte Jones. The only cheerleader I recognized was Starr Spangler, and she was made over into a brunette. Anyway, it was an interesting comparison with the current series.

ennie

ennie

Just Tuned In

Posted Jan 5, 2008 @ 2:45 AM

After getting hooked on Making the Team 2, I finally watched the 2006 series and 2005 2-hour special last night. They're all exactly the same show, and that didn't stop me from watching the entire thing.

I then had to come back here and read all the snark from the beginning. :)

calvinthefish

calvinthefish

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 11, 2008 @ 5:41 PM

On the front page of msn.com today there is a story about how cheerleaders are a distraction in the NFL and the picture is of Abigale, Season 2!

NYGirl

NYGirl

Fanatic

Posted Jan 13, 2008 @ 6:19 PM

The DCC are in the finals in the "hottest cheerleader" contest on AOL. Here's the link.. although they are winning, go vote our girls in:

http://sports.aol.co...st-cheerleaders

buster0001

buster0001

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 13, 2008 @ 8:10 PM

I'm so depressed.

tres francaise

tres francaise

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 13, 2008 @ 9:04 PM

During the third quarter of this afternoon's game they showed one of the cheerleaders - Julie, I think - girlfriend has done something seriously fugly to her hair. And with the Giants' win, I guess this is the last time we'll see the squad all together in public this season.

So there's Abigail on the AOL site. Darling girl, but that fake tan is sooooooo....fake.

Edited by tres francaise, Jan 13, 2008 @ 9:06 PM.

buster0001

buster0001

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 13, 2008 @ 9:08 PM

That girl who was one of the final two on the Bachelor used to be a Cowboy Cheerleader.
I had a Cowboy Cheerleader in Spanish class in college. They weren't as attractive back then.
She just wasn't that great. And definitely not real smart.

NYGirl

NYGirl

Fanatic

Posted Jan 14, 2008 @ 11:02 AM

I'm so depressed

So am I buster0001. I am stunned.

MaryWebGirl

MaryWebGirl

Fanatic

Posted Jan 15, 2008 @ 12:28 PM

I think at the end of the game they were showing slo-mo highlights and they included the bow section of the kickline. It was one sloppy-ass line. I hope for their sake Kelli didn't Tivo the game!

RocketScientist

RocketScientist

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 16, 2008 @ 9:35 AM

Click through this for about a dozen shots from Sunday's game.

texaslynn

texaslynn

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 18, 2008 @ 8:10 AM

Two DCC were at an opening for a Circuit City in my city. Does this mean that Whitney Ott is now a cheerleader? Can they just bring back an old one to replace an injured or, um, "untalented" one??

DCC at store opening

Hailey

Hailey

Fanatic

Posted Jan 18, 2008 @ 12:30 PM

Does this mean that Whitney Ott is now a cheerleader?

I hope so, I loved her! She was cute, could dance, seemed pretty sharp, and has an adorable new haircut.

Edited by Hailey, Jan 18, 2008 @ 12:30 PM.

SleepyJean

SleepyJean

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 18, 2008 @ 2:14 PM

Two DCC were at an opening for a Circuit City in my city. Does this mean that Whitney Ott is now a cheerleader? Can they just bring back an old one to replace an injured or, um, "untalented" one??

Some DCC veterans still do appearances for the team when there aren't enough cheerleaders in the current squad to go around. That girl next to Whitney hasn't been on the squad in 2-3 years I think.

texaslynn

texaslynn

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 20, 2008 @ 11:04 PM

Link with updates and stories on several DCC:

Pro Cheerleader Site

Hildegard802

Hildegard802

Fanatic

Posted Jan 22, 2008 @ 7:47 AM

Click through this for about a dozen shots from Sunday's game.

Gawd, those outfits. Particularly photo number 8. Just WAY too much information.

I just don't get why they have to be half-naked sluts/hookers. The Patriots cheerleaders looked awesome.

NYGirl

NYGirl

Fanatic

Posted Jan 23, 2008 @ 8:50 AM

The DCC are guesting on "Are you Smarter than a Fifth Grader". It's the next episode.. whatever day it's on.

atlee

atlee

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 13, 2008 @ 10:25 PM

So, that was the failed DCC Nina Shaw who flunked out of Hollywood week tonight on American Idol, wasn't it?

RocketScientist

RocketScientist

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 27, 2008 @ 1:08 PM

Here's everyone's favorite Megan Flaherty working as a "Puck Bunny" (Trademark ... ?) for the Dallas North Stars.

Pic1 (farthest left)
Pic2 (second from left)

tres francaise

tres francaise

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 15, 2008 @ 4:19 PM

The DCC website has info on pre-audition classes, which Judy supposedly looks in on. They say she'll get to see the applicants during the class 'term' & will be able to give the judging panel more info on their abilities, especially in case the applicant has a bad audition.

This is interesting, in light of the comment Judy made last season about nobody on the judging panel ever listening to her.

Blondie32

Blondie32

Channel Surfer

Posted May 27, 2008 @ 7:15 PM

Spoiler alert:

The 2008 training camp photo is up on dallascowboys.com.

It looks like several of the cheerleaders featured in last year's show either decided not to try out again or were cut.

SanLynn

SanLynn

Fanatic

Posted May 27, 2008 @ 7:50 PM

Here's hoping Natalie Woods decided not to try out again as opposed to being cut during tryouts. I always hoped it would be one of those things she just did once I would hate to see her back and cut.

ETA: No Megan Fox. Is there a five year limit on cheering for DCC?

Edited by SanLynn, May 27, 2008 @ 7:54 PM.

MaryWebGirl

MaryWebGirl

Fanatic

Posted May 27, 2008 @ 8:59 PM

Aw, no Meagan Flaherty. Watching Kelli call her an idiot was one of my favorite parts of the show.

RedLetterD

RedLetterD

Channel Surfer

Posted May 28, 2008 @ 9:29 AM

Hey, I'm sorry if this has been covered upthread, but I had a question.

I grew up watching the movie Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders, the one with Jane Seymour. I distinctly remember my older sister telling me that some of the cheerleaders in the movie were real DCCs. One of the ones, if I recall, had long red pigtails. Does anyone know if this redheaded cheerleader is the mom of that new DCC, the one who's second-generation? I haven't seen the movie in years, so I can't check (and hey, CMT should air that as well as Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders 2 because I never got around to watching that one!). Thanks!

SchoolyardNinja

SchoolyardNinja

Couch Potato

Posted May 28, 2008 @ 7:22 PM

Does anyone know if this redheaded cheerleader is the mom of that new DCC, the one who's second-generation?

I doubt it, because I believe the show said the mother had been a DCC with Judy in the 1984 season. The movie with Jane Seymour was shot in the 1978-79 season.

slackerchick

slackerchick

Couch Potato

Posted May 28, 2008 @ 8:02 PM

They showed a picture of the mom one time, and she didn't have the ponytails, more of a layered cut. There's some website where you can see alumni DCCs going all the way back to the 70's, I think the link is in this thread somewhere.

I have to confess I totally love that movie.

tres francaise

tres francaise

Video Archivist

Posted May 29, 2008 @ 5:54 PM

One of the rookie candidates is Cassie Trammell. Wonder if she's kin to Judy?

missknowitall

missknowitall

Fanatic

Posted May 30, 2008 @ 12:15 AM

Yes, that is Judy's daughter.

Natalie did not try out.
Kelly Jo, Michelle Mozak, and Leah were among five veterans cut, I didn't know the other two: Aundrea and Carmen.

slackerchick

slackerchick

Couch Potato

Posted May 30, 2008 @ 12:39 AM

Thanks for the info missknowitall! What about Lori who couldn't kick? Did she not try out?

TOL

TOL

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 30, 2008 @ 9:44 AM

Some missing names that surprise me. I wounder if someone like missknowitall could clarify--- did they not try out? Or audition and not make it?

Christina Murphy, the deaf girl-- a great dancer
Starr Spangler, my personal favorite DCC name
Candace Carr, the one who changed her hair to dark and finally came out of her shell
Melissa Rycroft, the tiny girl who got chastised for not bouncing back from mono fast enough
Gina Becchetti, the Minnesota girl with the abs of steel (only 2006 Dulce was in better shape!)

Aaaaaaannnnnnnnnd Loni. I wonder if she saw the writing on the wall and didn't try out? Or tried out and FINALLY got cut?

I am surprised by a few of those listed vets not making the cut, specifically Leah Mullinax, Andrea Rogers and Carmen Butler.

Oh, and is Crystal Michelle Trevino related to Trisha?

edit: BTW, as cheesy as it is, I can't wait for this show to start!

Edited by TOL, May 30, 2008 @ 9:46 AM.