Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team

• Please log in to reply

11164 replies to this topic

MrsEVH

MrsEVH

Fanatic

Posted Oct 16, 2013 @ 10:41 AM

Is that Meredith in this pic? If so, her kicks are PHENOMENAL. Some of the most beautiful kicks I've seen on the squad. She was a Rangerette though, so it's expected.

I'm guessing that's her; 4th from the right next to Justine.

Oranaiche

Oranaiche

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 16, 2013 @ 1:12 PM

Yeah, definitely Meredith. She was a rock star at kicks. Most of the kicks in that picture look good (I repeat, *most*), but hers are on their own level.

bigskygirl

bigskygirl

Fanatic

Posted Oct 16, 2013 @ 1:30 PM

Does anyone know where I can the first 2 Hour Special or something like that on the DCC? They played it on CMT several years ago. I know it is a different format than all the other season of MTT. I can't find it.

Last time I saw it was on youtube.  itune does not have it, and I do not think amazon does either.

RazzleberryPie

RazzleberryPie

Fanatic

Posted Oct 16, 2013 @ 2:28 PM

Meredith had phenomenal kicks. I hate the shots where you can see private parts, but it's those skimpy shorts and high speed cameras! Thank God for dance tights!

bigskygirl

bigskygirl

Fanatic

Posted Oct 16, 2013 @ 5:52 PM

According to the CMT DCC Making the Team facebook page,

Spoiler

debs73

debs73

Just Tuned In

Posted Oct 16, 2013 @ 8:56 PM

[snip] I am not convinced personally that she [Cassie] got a place on the team because of her mother. I think she earned her place [snip].

I can hardly wait for the next new episode that [Chelsea] will be in! (rubs hands in glee).

Edited by TWoP Howard, Oct 17, 2013 @ 12:46 AM.
Boards on boards

TDoc72

TDoc72

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 17, 2013 @ 1:07 AM

Re: The Olivia photo posted above

I like the shorts on the middle girl (Kitty's niece.)  Sexy, notched below the navel but not too skimpy.  Comparing those to Olivia's barely above the vag ones, it makes Olivia's look like a pair of underwear. 

That was the early 90s--not all that long ago.  I think we're losing an inch of fabric a year, LOL!

lazy girl

lazy girl

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 17, 2013 @ 11:05 AM

Is that Meredith in this pic? If so, her kicks are PHENOMENAL. Some of the most beautiful kicks I've seen on the squad. She was a Rangerette though, so it's expected.

http://espn.go.com/a...4295427&image=9

Oh my. That pic. The crotch on the shorts has got to be made larger, or the shorts have to be longer, or something. Talk about showing your cash and prizes, a couple of the girls are mighty close. Kelly and Judy know that the girls are going to be photographed on game day. They must know the kickline is likely to be shot from below like that.

MrsEVH

MrsEVH

Fanatic

Posted Oct 17, 2013 @ 12:04 PM

Back in the very late 70s or early 80s when the DCC movie was out, People magazine had an article about the DCC. Inside there was a large two page picture of the kickline similar to this. In the next issue in the letters section there were a couple of letters about the article. One reader wrote that the "crotch shot " was not necessary.

RazzleberryPie

RazzleberryPie

Fanatic

Posted Oct 17, 2013 @ 12:18 PM

That's why the can-can was so risqué - those big bloomers had split crotches to facilitate bathroom needs, but kicking your legs up gave a quick opportunity to possibly see some ooh la la.

There wa a pic of Ashton Torres a few seasons ago where you could see the nether regions. Waxing and dance tights make it less visible, but I felt bad for her. It isn't vulgar until the freeze frames are zoomed in and published

MrsEVH

MrsEVH

Fanatic

Posted Oct 17, 2013 @ 1:14 PM

There wa a pic of Ashton Torres a few seasons ago where you could see the nether regions. Waxing and dance tights make it less visible, but I felt bad for her. It isn't vulgar until the freeze frames are zoomed in and published 

This one?

http://images4.fanpo...837-500-751.jpg

Edited by MrsEVH, Oct 17, 2013 @ 1:15 PM.

Oranaiche

Oranaiche

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 17, 2013 @ 3:03 PM

That picture of Ashton is pretty bad. Comparable to Justine in the group pic. Thinking about having my picture taken like that makes me shudder.

It's Thursday you guys! New episode in a little more than 24 hours. Granted I won't see it until Saturday, but still.

LoveDCC

LoveDCC

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 17, 2013 @ 6:53 PM

If Kelli and Judy were so concern about nutrition and weight gain, they would have Jay or someone else give a talk about it.

I think that they do have Jay and his organization regularly working with the DCC, and even though we have not seen him much this season, they have shown a number of things he does with them in past years:  nutrition education, personal training, group fitness challenges, team-building exercises, and various fitness assessments like body fat and Power Squad (hello, Army Physical Fitness Test!).  I also know from DCC posts that a lot of the cheerleaders go to his Boot Camp workout sessions regularly.  I wish we would see more of Jay this season!

Very excited for the new episode!  In addition to the anticipated drama, I really do hope they show a decent amount of dancing this week, and as I mentioned in an earlier post, that we get to see some of the rookies who have been warned working with vets to improve.

Edited by TWoP Howard, Oct 18, 2013 @ 12:51 AM.
Added quote tags

DCClscobee

DCClscobee

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 17, 2013 @ 7:23 PM

I think that they do have Jay and his organization regularly working with the DCC, and even though we have not seen him much this season, they have shown a number of things he does with them in past years:  nutrition education, personal training, group fitness challenges, team-building exercises, and various fitness assessments like body fat and Power Squad (hello, Army Physical Fitness Test!).  I also know from DCC posts that a lot of the cheerleaders go to his Boot Camp workout sessions regularly.  I wish we would see more of Jay this season!

Did I see a girl with a PS shirt on either before or after a rehearsal during a recent episode?

bigskygirl

bigskygirl

Fanatic

Posted Oct 17, 2013 @ 8:56 PM

Imo, if Judy and Kelli was concern about the girls drinking alcohol affecting their nutrition and possible weight gain, they would have Jay or someone else give them a nice, long talk about it on the show.  They are more concern about the DCC image when it comes to the drinking and partying.  Some of the girls do get away with it while some girls are cut and are use as an example to make a point.

RazzleberryPie

RazzleberryPie

Fanatic

Posted Oct 17, 2013 @ 9:06 PM

In previous seasons, Jay did go on more about nutrition and diet, telling them not to eat anything that came from a box, alcohol was empty calories, sugar and refined carbs are bad, etc. He also emphasized body fat percentage - remember The Egg? - instead of pounds. Then there were the tire-flipping, jogging, sit up marathons. It was all pretty boring, but if they're going to go on so much about size/shape/weight, I see why they had him on there. 

I want to see dance - instruction, rehearsal, field blocking, etc., not the etiquette classes, Jay's boot camp, not fashion do's and dont's, not stupid answers about current events, not even visits to children's causes or whatever. I just want to see the performance aspect of it all.

ElectricBoogalo

ElectricBoogalo

Stalker

Posted Oct 17, 2013 @ 9:12 PM

I want to see dance - instruction, rehearsal, field blocking, etc., not the etiquette classes, Jay's boot camp, not fashion do's and dont's, not stupid answers about current events, not even visits to children's causes or whatever. I just want to see the performance aspect of it all.

ITA - that's the big draw for me, so I hate when they barely show any dancing at rehearsal and then they edit it so that we don't really get to see their dancing. They tend to zoom in on one person so we can't tell if they're off their counts. Or they will show two girls (out of a group of five or six) so we can see that they aren't in sync but we can't tell who is off since they're only showing two people). And what I definitely don't need to see ever again are the fake coffee meetings with the painfully awkward scripted conversations. This isn't Laguna Beach, people. If you want to show the girls outside of rehearsal, then show them at their jobs or something that isn't so staged and fake!

RazzleberryPie

RazzleberryPie

Fanatic

Posted Oct 17, 2013 @ 9:18 PM

If you want to show the girls outside of rehearsal, then show them at their jobs or something that isn't so staged and fake!

YES! I really enjoyed seeing Jackie and Colin at work last season. I'd love to see them show Kim at work and wish they'd explained more about why she was asked to help with the TC injury.

DCClscobee

DCClscobee

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 17, 2013 @ 9:48 PM

I'd love to see them show Kim at work and wish they'd explained more about why she was asked to help with the TC injury.

She's a Pediatric Physical Therapist ..can't be much difference other than size of patient btwn kids and adults...

RazzleberryPie

RazzleberryPie

Fanatic

Posted Oct 18, 2013 @ 11:31 AM

I'd love to see them show Kim at work and wish they'd explained more about why she was asked to help with the TC injury.

She's a Pediatric Physical Therapist ..can't be much difference other than size of patient btwn kids and adults...

I don't think they explained her job and why she would have the medical expertise to be the first responder. They're very lucky to have her there.

EricaShadows

EricaShadows

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 18, 2013 @ 11:44 AM

If they're smart, they'll KEEP her there for as long as she wants to stay.  What a boost for the brand!  I wonder what would happen if something happened on the field and she was the first/only one who could help until someone else could get there?  Would people look at it as "cheerleader dating so-and-so" or would they look at it as one professional going to help another?  Would she get in trouble for leaving the DCC to go and help or would they praise her for it?  For many professionals, I've heard that it's hard to sit back and NOT help, especially when they know that they might have the EXACT skills needed.

MrsEVH

MrsEVH

Fanatic

Posted Oct 18, 2013 @ 11:52 AM

This was posted on Emily's twitter:

Spoiler

Oranaiche

Oranaiche

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 18, 2013 @ 12:04 PM

This was posted on Emily's twitter:

Spoiler

Spoiler

RazzleberryPie

RazzleberryPie

Fanatic

Posted Oct 18, 2013 @ 12:28 PM

If they're smart, they'll KEEP her there for as long as she wants to stay.  What a boost for the brand!  I wonder what would happen if something happened on the field and she was the first/only one who could help until someone else could get there?  Would people look at it as "cheerleader dating so-and-so" or would they look at it as one professional going to help another?  Would she get in trouble for leaving the DCC to go and help or would they praise her for it?  For many professionals, I've heard that it's hard to sit back and NOT help, especially when they know that they might have the EXACT skills needed.

Legally, she'd have to respond and remain on the scene until EMT arrived, or put her license in jeopardy. I think it would definitely be a boost for the brand, God forbid, if she had to leave a kick line to assist an injury. 

TedHinD

TedHinD

Fanatic

Posted Oct 18, 2013 @ 4:17 PM

I wish they'd use clingy fabric for the shorts to avoid a lip slip. I certainly wouldn't feel "wholesome yet sexy" with my nethers on a JumboTron.

I give credit to these women for fitting in school, work and a regular life while learning so many routines and apparently holding to a standard that precludes what most 20somethings engage in (like beer) in their free time. Of course anything can stay a secret if you keep it off of social media.

The show, to me, is getting tired. I am glad, though, that we don't see so many of the women with no hope of being picked yet wanted their 15 minutes of fame. The obese, the grandmothers, the women with grave disabilities who want to "make a point." It strained credulity, I think, when Kelli strained to be civil to them.

Bk10

Bk10

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 18, 2013 @ 8:18 PM

So I'm in the middle of watching and Chelsea was called out for being fat??? I'm NOT mad at her reaction at all. I guess she's supposed to keep quiet and keep sweet. This makes me sick

Orca05

Orca05

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 18, 2013 @ 8:30 PM

I LOVED Chelsea's reaction.  I knew it would piss of Judy and Kelli to no end, but I LOVED it.  Props to her for not just lying down and letting Kelli and Judy walk all over her.

deefreck

deefreck

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 18, 2013 @ 8:46 PM

I kind of hated Kitty for being such a frickin' tattletale!

Who told Judy and Kelli they were talking like they were? Ugh. Really disliked that moment.

How are you supposed to fucking react when somebody just told you you were out of shape!?!

My god. They are more fit than 99.9999999% of the population!!!

Sheesh.

Edited by deefreck, Oct 18, 2013 @ 8:51 PM.

Jen12977

Jen12977

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 18, 2013 @ 8:54 PM

I want to see Kelli & Judy representing the DCC weight standards again. Lead by example y'all

iamhere

iamhere

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 18, 2013 @ 9:02 PM

It would take so much restraint for me to not tell all three of those women to fuck off, so yeah I think Chelsea handled it alright. I believed her explanation that she was trying to cheer up her friends and be lighthearted. I think she was also in shock. That girl is NOT heavy. Also, professional athletes get paid ridiculous amounts of money to go under that much scrutiny about their weight and performance. Kelli is barely even their boss. I think they love having power over these girls and will accept nothing less than blind respect. I can't respect middle aged women who act like high school mean girls and mess with these girls heads about their weight and character. 

I'm not as in love with Vivian as much as everybody else here. I hate how she says heighth instead of height. Sad to see them verbally rip her body to shreds though.

Also I feel like Kitty is such a hypocrite and shitstirrer! Like Kitty is some gentle flower who has never acted ugly or gets in the girl's faces yelling...

Edited by iamhere, Oct 18, 2013 @ 9:07 PM.