Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team

• Please log in to reply

11164 replies to this topic

bigskygirl

bigskygirl

Fanatic

Posted Sep 13, 2013 @ 9:56 PM

Spoiler
  Amy Reeves (a two year vet?) was cut in TC, but her cut scene was not shown in season 5.

DCClscobee

DCClscobee

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 13, 2013 @ 10:00 PM

Amy Reeves (a two year vet?) was cut in TC, but her cut scene was not shown in season 5.

Hasn't there been some discussion around here that Amy Reese may have used legal means to keep her cut from being filmed/shown?

Edited by DCClscobee, Sep 13, 2013 @ 10:02 PM.

tres francaise

tres francaise

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 13, 2013 @ 10:11 PM

They changed their minds & took Danielle because if they hadn't there would be have been an uproar based on a certain someone making it back last year in spite of a pitiful performance due to injury at finals. K,J & C didn't want to have to deal with the inevitable chorus of nepotism charges, IMO, if Danielle weren't taken back.

Poor Teri! She really did seem lost at her interview. Courtney's behavior was so strange at the interview that I think she easily could have been cut based on that alone. Does anybody know whether Collin stayed in Dallas (presumably working in Jackie's office) or whether she went back to South Carolina?

Edited by tres francaise, Sep 13, 2013 @ 10:14 PM.

DCClscobee

DCClscobee

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 13, 2013 @ 10:20 PM

Does anybody know whether Collin stayed in Dallas (presumably working in Jackie's office) or whether she went back to South Carolina?

Looks like she may still be in Dallas

augustthirteen

augustthirteen

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 13, 2013 @ 10:32 PM

Thanks DCClscobee, for letting me know on Chelsea. If you are right about being clunky she must have been very clunky.Kelli and Judy are really strict but I figured you have to do something pretty bad to get cut as a veteran in training camp. I remember a couple of years ago some veterans(Megan Sharp, Meredith, and others) were called into Kelli's office over weight issues. I also remember Erika Jenkins being called in over weight and she got an attitude with them, but Kelli never cut the vets in training camp. Kaitlyn LeGrand was different bless her heart she had some issues so I understood Kelli had no choice but to cut her. Not sure what happened with Amy Reese. I guess I am just surprised Chelsea would get cut for her dancing. You are probably right on her clunkiness though. On tonights episode I did hear Kelli talk about her being clunky. I guess Kelli and Judy are getting even more strict than ever now.

I did go on facebook and someone said Kelli was talking about a Cowboys player that died in a car wreck, DUI when she said we lost a player. Not sure if that is right but thought I would mention anyway.

Princessleia

Princessleia

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 13, 2013 @ 10:37 PM

I think I would have been even more annoyed when she inevitably got cut for not having the DCC style or for being "bottom heavy."

Hannah looks like a future group leader. It comes naturally to her.

Agree on both points. I get SO tired of the bottom heavy comments. Leah has an ass, but no jiggle. They are so narrow minded. 

It's interesting that Olivia was able to translate her style into being a DCC. In their eyes, she struggled last year with counts, but I'm still convinced that was on Sydney.

Princessleia

Princessleia

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 13, 2013 @ 10:41 PM

They changed their minds & took Danielle because if they hadn't there would be have been an uproar based on a certain someone making it back last year in spite of a pitiful performance due to injury at finals. K,J & C didn't want to have to deal with the inevitable chorus of nepotism charges, IMO, if Danielle weren't taken back.

This thought has gone through my head repeatedly since I finished the episode.

DoreenA

DoreenA

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 13, 2013 @ 10:53 PM

I actually was waiting for Jay to fight for Danielle given her injury because of how strongly he responded to the sympathy votes Cassie got last year, but most of the judges were complaining more about her lack of spirit.  I have not been a Danielle fan, but I think she was much more effervescent than Cassie was last year during her audition.  At least Danielle kept a bright smile on her face; Cassie was vapid. So, I agree-- that would have caused serious problems for DCC in terms of their reputation of fairness and integrity.  That said, I do believe that Kelly truly did have a change of heart when she saw Danielle sitting there and provided that Danielle was a strong ambassador / representative of the team last season, I'm glad that they decided to reverse the decision.  

Tonight brought me to tears.  My heart broke for Kali and Colin...I actually liked Terri last year (in spite of the fact that she looked frighteningly like Casey Anthony's twin sister) but her interview was horrific.  I wish they showed more of her dance audition, including on the field.

And Courtney...omg. It has to be medication; it was like she was focused on a spot of light, like an ADD cat! 

Still hate Chelsea.  I hope they give Vivian a chance; I like that Jay was in her corner.  And while I know it isn't her fault that she is built this way, Jinelle just looks unhealthy.  I personally did not see a difference on the big board either, but maybe it translated differently in the stadium.

deefreck

deefreck

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 13, 2013 @ 11:12 PM

Now that you mention it, Augustthirteen, a player did die during the offseason. Another Cowboys player was driving and unfortunately they were involved in an accident.

The Cowboy driver is going to jail, I believe.

I wonder how close, or how well the ladies do know the players.

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Sep 13, 2013 @ 11:32 PM

Am I nuts or did Jackie Bob say last year was her last year?  I was really confused when she did her solo.  Wasn't she the one who included the guard in her solo last year as a special goodbye? 

I was glad Vivian changed her solo based on Kitty's comments.  She really would have made a fool of herself with that dance.  It was so far off from what DC does and it didn't show off any technical skills.  I just don't understand what made her develop that for her solo in the first place.

I wasn't surprised that Teri got cut.  She really came off badly in the interview.  She couldn't think of one single person she met in the last year to answer their question?  How strange.  I was never a big fan of Colin's but my heart broke for Kali.  I always thought she was beautiful and a great dancer.  She doesn't have a stick figure but I think she looks great in her uniform.  As for Danielle, I was not a huge fan of hers last year but I was glad they changed their minds about taking her just because I don't think it's fair to penalize someone for an injury.  They have watched her dance for a year and they know what she can do.  Her foot is mangled so I think a little undstanding is in order if her solo wasn't as great as it might have been if she wasn't dancing on an injured foot.

EricaShadows

EricaShadows

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 13, 2013 @ 11:32 PM

I remember the whole DUI incident because it made national news and I don't normally pay much attention to football.   just didn't put it together with Judy practically crying.  Between the two Cowboys players, the Hernandez incident and the Colts player (I can't remember the exact team but I think it might have been the Colts) who did something stupid like DUI and then told the cops they couldn't arrest him because he was on an NFL team, it hasn't exactly been a good year for the NFL in the media.  That is, if you don't really follow the sport and only know what's in the news.  Because of this show, I know there's more going on than what makes the news, but I don't really search it out.  Now, back to the topic at hand.  That whole scene with Judy just about bawling would make TOTAL sense if she was talking about the player getting killed and another possibly (if not actually) going to jail.  That's got to be hard for Judy, Kelly and the rest of TPTB because they have to know the team better than the girls do because, while they might interact with the girls, the people who manage the DCC also have to interact with the team.

I wouldn't be surprised if Courtney had something going on with her personal life.  Sometimes something can knock you upside the head and, until it plays out, it's hard to think about other things.  Depending on the situation, Courtney might be struggling to process whatever news she received and dealing with auditions.  Combined, the stress, nerves, worry and whatever else she's feeling could certainly make her look like an odd bird.  I'd be surprised if she was acting normally, depending on what was going on.

I know I said a lot without really saying anything, but life happens.

Edited by EricaShadows, Sep 14, 2013 @ 2:31 AM.

DoreenA

DoreenA

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 13, 2013 @ 11:36 PM

Last year, Jackie Bob said it was very likely to be her last year with the squad.  I'm glad she changed her mind; she's such a great dancer and leader.

Italian Ice

Italian Ice

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 14, 2013 @ 12:08 AM

Oh God that was easily the best Finals episode I've ever seen. Waterworks everywhere over here. Dayum. Danielle just broke my heart into a million pieces. Poor thing. Chelsea should have been cut. She and Kathryn were both equally awk I think . Jinelle is just one of those naturally skinny girls, and I HOPE Jay works with with her to gain some muscle and maybe a little fat. I also think cutting her hair and adding lots of big extensions would help soften her look alot. Plus, get her some of those undergarments that have butt and hip inserts to give her a shape, and a Bombshell bra (In other words-get her a drag mother to teach her how to turn that teeny boy figure into a ferocious, fabulous womanly body. I swear drag queens should do those girls' makeovers. They can turn the roughest girl into fucking Carrie Underwood).

Also, maybe I'm kind of a bitch, but Courtney looked and acted as if she was on drugs. Like, illegal drugs.

I'm rooting for Vivan. I don't think she's *that* short, and she has an awesome body, IMO. Plus she has a ton of spunk and power.

Edited by Italian Ice, Sep 14, 2013 @ 1:02 AM.

SanLynn

SanLynn

Fanatic

Posted Sep 14, 2013 @ 12:14 AM

I can't imagine Kelli was talking about the player lost in the previews as that incident happened during the football season last year. I think it's something else....

Spoiler

Edited by SanLynn, Sep 14, 2013 @ 12:16 AM.

augustthirteen

augustthirteen

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 14, 2013 @ 1:36 AM

SanLynn you may be right. It may be about Courtney. I like Courtney and I hope it is nothing to serious. Does anyone follow her on Twitter? Has she said anything on Twitter?

EricaShadows

EricaShadows

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 14, 2013 @ 2:35 AM

I haven't seen anything on her Twitter, but there are just some things that are too intense, too private, or just too personal to be talked about by the general public.  As much as we would like to know what's going on, there are just some things that aren't meant for public consumption.  I may be a big gossip at heart and want to know what's going on, I suspect that she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time and couldn't deal with everything that was going on.  If that was the case, she had to give something up to deal and the DCC was it.

Still, I do wonder.

Sorenson71

Sorenson71

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 14, 2013 @ 8:38 AM

Exactly!!! How could they even cut Danielle in the first place because of an injury. Their athletes and they get hurt it comes with the territory. Her foot will heal she has stitches not a broken foot!! However, I wonder if they did that for ratings. But the reason Kelli said they changed her mind was because of the her heart, passion and personality, and value she brings to the team..IMO Kali has all of those same qualities so where was the second chance with her?  It just brought back all of my BITTERNESS for Kali being cut!!  

I would really like to know why do some get second chances that obviously are not as talented like Chelsea and others with amazing dance skills get cut!!  They could have invited Kali to TC and given her another look because of her dancing skills and personality, I think she deserved that!

Also, I knew in my gut that it was Danielle that they decided to bring back. You never know what Kelly, Judy or Charlotte are thinking or going to do, they change their minds with the wind. 

I agree with the comments about Kelly referring to losing a "teammate", she has to be talking about Courtney not a football player. Courtney looks thin and spaced out!! Her answer was childish and all over the place but at least she had an answer unlike Teri. 

Collin getting cut broke my heart as well. Especially when she said "I know I'm not the prettiest in the room." I would have to disagree with that comment, she has the most beautiful spirit and she is humble and smart, that is true beauty IMO. 

Edited by Sorenson71, Sep 14, 2013 @ 8:26 AM.

Bk10

Bk10

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 14, 2013 @ 9:29 AM

Yea poor Collin, but she did not look like a seasoned veteran out there. She does seem really sweet, but she looked really old even though she's not. I think the tanning did it.

and Kali's solo outfit and her kicks that haven't improved in a year got her cut. She should have worn a bedazzled bra instead of that shirt. Kelli and Judy can't overlook every veteran's flaws just because they're veterans. You know that as a veteran that you should bring your A game.

Still don't know how Chelsea made the cut though. That girl can't dance

And I feel like I'm the only one who saw great talent in Jinelle. 

girlinjeans

girlinjeans

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 14, 2013 @ 9:39 AM

Please refresh my memory. Is Courtney the one with the wild kinky blond hair?

Angeltoes

Angeltoes

Fanatic

Posted Sep 14, 2013 @ 10:02 AM

Yes, the one with the corkscrew curls.

That orange dress Charlotte was wearing was a big no.  She looked like Judy Jetson.

Sorenson71

Sorenson71

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 14, 2013 @ 10:05 AM

I agree that K&J can't overlook every veterans flaws but they could AT LEAST be consistent in their judging process. Kali and Mackenzie had the same issue during their Rookie year...great dancers, bad kicks and in this case K&J were consistent. I assume Mackenzie who I love worked on her kicks getting better and I know she had one of the

Spoiler
. But they took Danielle back based on her prior performance/rookie season so why was Kali not given the same opportunity. Even though I agree the costume could have been better but we all know that she is not over weight and she was not trying to hide anything!

Edited by Sorenson71, Sep 14, 2013 @ 10:06 AM.

bigskygirl

bigskygirl

Fanatic

Posted Sep 14, 2013 @ 10:19 AM

I seriously doubt Kelli and Judy was talking about the two footballs players who were involved in a DUI accident last year.  My money is on

Spoiler

Btw, maybe we should be using spoilers alerts since what happens with

Spoiler

MrsEVH

MrsEVH

Fanatic

Posted Sep 14, 2013 @ 10:24 AM

I wasn't surprised that Teri got cut.  She really came off badly in the interview.  She couldn't think of one single person she met in the last year to answer their question?  How strange.

The same thing happened to Alyssa Torres. She bombed in the interview plus Kelli said she gained weight,. She didn't look like it to me.

Jessica02

Jessica02

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 14, 2013 @ 10:25 AM

I think a difference between Kali's situation and Danielle's is that Danielle had an injury, and apparently didn't have any other weaknesses beyond that (at least not to Kelli). I like Kali and wish she would've made it in over Chelsea, Jinelle, and Kathryn (who cannot dance), but honestly, her kicks did not look like they had improved at all over the year. McKenzie showed improvement over her first year. If you watch the video on the field when they are kicking, McKenzie is one the far left, and her kicks look much better than Kali's do. I didn't get the big fuss over her weight though. Yes, her stomach looked soft but nothing that she couldn't get rid of fairly easily.

I wonder who the blond lady with the glasses was. She seemed to have the most negative comments about the veterans of what was shown. I actually thought Judy and Charlotte seemed quite pleasant in the episode. They had a few comments here and there, but neither really bothered me as much as they have in the past. 

Bk10

Bk10

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 14, 2013 @ 10:32 AM

I mentioned Chelsea's dancing, how could I forget Kathryn? I think she's a TCC who was brought in just for TV. They knew she could not dance and they knew she would not last in training camp. That's a spot they could have given someone more deserving! 

BEP2011

BEP2011

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 14, 2013 @ 11:39 AM

Am I really the only one who agreed with cutting Kali?  She's beautiful and seems sweet, but she obviously slacked off in her workouts over the off season.  She couldn't get completely down in the splits!  She was on the edge with her kicks last year and she should have made sure to keep up her stretching and workout routine.

Teri's interview was pretty bad.  I liked her last year, mainly because she has a different look than all the long haired blondes, but she didn't act like a veteran in those interviews.

I did feel bad for Collin, especially when she said she wasn't the prettiest girl.

Danielle deserved to make it.  It wouldn't have been fair to cut her due to her injury.  Her stitches will heal fairly quickly.  If they can let someone on who is recovering from surgery, they can work with Danielle's injury.  

Courtney looked like she was on something.  They've always highlighted her in the interviews in past seasons because she always did well there.  She seemed totally dazed.

I liked Jinelle a lot better after this episode.  The girl definitely needs a makeover, but I liked how she looked on the big screen and I really liked her in the interviews.

I'm not sure Vivian would have made it if she hadn't been voted fan favorite.  It really bugged me that she wore a skirt during auditions. They're pretty specific in what they want the girls to wear and she ignored the rules.  I've never auditioned, but I would know what to wear LOL!  She might have been trying to hide some flaws, because her original solo costume was a skirt, also.

I don't think they should have brought back Kathryn Dunn.  She is very pretty and sweet, but her dancing seems worse than when she originally tried out.  Why bring her back if they already know she can't make it dance-wise.  Seems cruel to me.

RazzleberryPie

RazzleberryPie

Fanatic

Posted Sep 14, 2013 @ 11:45 AM

I mentioned Chelsea's dancing, how could I forget Kathryn? I think she's a TCC who was brought in just for TV. They knew she could not dance and they knew she would not last in training camp. That's a spot they could have given someone more deserving!

I think they brought her back for the drama, too, but I don't think it would've mattered on who else got into training camp.

If they know they're gong to have about 36ish girls on team, and bring in 48ish to training camp, that automatically means at least a dozen are going to leave due to get cut or, less likely, injury. If the strongest 48 are invited into camp, then #49, #50, etc., are even 'weaker,' and probably would've been cut anyway, unless there's some sort of mass exit that makes #1-32 leave. (I say 32, because I think that's the smallest I remember seeing the squad. They have cut down the team on years with lots of weaker dancers. This year looks super strong.)

I've noticed this morning that Kali is featured prominently in her uniform and doing a solo in the commercials for this season. Olivia does the intro, and although she is a very accomplished dancer, doesn't really have a DCC face, either, IMO. She is pretty, though. Britany is starting to look a little rough, too. I think it's mostly the hair.

Italian Ice

Italian Ice

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 14, 2013 @ 11:46 AM

I'm not sure Vivian would have made it if she hadn't been voted fan favorite.  It really bugged me that she wore a skirt during auditions. They're pretty specific in what they want the girls to wear and she ignored the rules.  I've never auditioned, but I would know what to wear LOL!  She might have been trying to hide some flaws, because her original solo costume was a skirt, also.

I wondered about this as well. I'm pretty sure the rules specifically say "hot pants" or "dance shorts" or something. The only place I've ever seen anyone wear a skirt for an audition is for NBA or NHL teams. Never football. There ARE teams out there that wear skirts as their official uniform, but it's not really tryout wear unless it's for finals.

Edited by Italian Ice, Sep 14, 2013 @ 11:47 AM.

DCClscobee

DCClscobee

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 14, 2013 @ 12:24 PM

I wonder who the blond lady with the glasses was. She seemed to have the most negative comments about the veterans of what was shown.

She's Sandie Newton....a reporter columnist for a DFW CBS affiliate.

nmvrn

nmvrn

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 14, 2013 @ 12:39 PM

I'm not surprised the 3 vets got cut,They didn't bring their A game. They know what Kelly and Judy expect of them. Jay is always harder on the vets coming to auditions looking soft like Kali did. The DCC uniform is unforgiving. Courtney acted like she was on drugs. She was talking fast and staring at the light. If that is the case I hope she is getting help.

Hannah is my favorite DCC rookie camp candidate. She is a wonderful dancer. If she makes the team, I see her being a future leader.