Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team

• Please log in to reply

11164 replies to this topic

Sorenson71

Sorenson71

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 11, 2013 @ 1:44 PM

LOL, I think Kelli does wear the same style dresses in different colors. I don't know who told her that tight fit style looks good on her. I would have to disagree. On the other hand I truly love Judy's style of dress. She had on the cutest black dress and shoes at prelims, I actually froze my DVR so I could get a better look.

bigskygirl

bigskygirl

Fanatic

Posted Sep 11, 2013 @ 1:52 PM

I thought Judy's dress was cute too.  Charlotte needs to eat something and cut back on the cosmetic surgery.

Btw, who were the judges (did not recognize a few of them.)  Will the same judges come back for finals.

Edited by bigskygirl, Sep 11, 2013 @ 1:53 PM.

LisaB66

LisaB66

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 11, 2013 @ 3:40 PM

Thank you, Sorenson71!  Always glad to make someone laugh! I was busy snarking it up on the SYTYCD forum and instigating a war of words with the trolls on the Seattle Seahawks fan forum...{sigh}...it's a rough job, but someone has to do it!

I didn't see Rainer as one of the judges this year...has he moved on?  Usually love his makeovers...just not last year:  remember when Danielle's hair became a new member of the squad last year?  LOVE MacKenzie's shorter hair this year...also, Jinelle is screaming into a pillow for a makeover, but DANG can that girl dance! Hope they show more of her this year!

Oranaiche

Oranaiche

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 11, 2013 @ 4:43 PM

LisaB66 said: I didn't see Rainer as one of the judges this year...has he moved on?  Usually love his makeovers...just not last year:  remember when Danielle's hair became a new member of the squad last year?  LOVE MacKenzie's shorter hair this year...also, Jinelle is screaming into a pillow for a makeover, but DANG can that girl dance! Hope they show more of her this year!

Ha, Jinelle really does need a makeover. We're going to have to wait and see what happens this year with the makeovers. I posted this a couple pages back so I'll just copy/paste:

Can't say I'm going to miss Rainer Schneck. I Googled him and his Linked In page shows he left Premier Atelier last July, so it must not have been long after he did the makeovers for the 2012 DCCs. Now it just says he's a "hairstylist", so he probably went independent. Here's the link: http://www.linkedin....neck/58/694/732

As far as I can tell, Premier Atelier is no longer a thing. It looks like it merged with some other salon called Halcyon, and no more Rainer. But it's really hard to tell what's actually going on there. We'll see. I always look forward to makeover episodes. Can't wait.

Bk10

Bk10

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 11, 2013 @ 11:43 PM

http://instagram.com/p/eILW5ry-Uf/

Danielle looks stunning in these photos. These are the photos they should have first shown of her. 

LisaB66

LisaB66

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 12, 2013 @ 12:23 PM

Thanks, Oranaiche, for the update on Rainer!

I thought Kelli's orange dress looked good on her.  True, she's put on a few pounds since season 1 but didn't she have some medical condition a while back? There was some speculation that she was taking corticosteroids which make you blow up like a blimp.  I think she looks fabulous this year. 

DCClscobee

DCClscobee

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 12, 2013 @ 6:12 PM

True, she's put on a few pounds since season 1 but didn't she have some medical condition a while back?

I'd NEVER find it on her twitter but she did have surgery 1-2 yrs ago.

ETA - I tried googling it and found it in a post from this board on Google 

Edited by DCClscobee, Sep 12, 2013 @ 6:15 PM.

MacabreParlor

MacabreParlor

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 12, 2013 @ 9:07 PM

The laker girl Sandra *Something* was driving me nuts because I knew I had seen her somewhere before. It dawned on me she is in the Cascada video for "Evacuate the Dance Floor". Anyhoo, boring start IMHO ... hopefully it'll get interesting with the vets and the vet cuts in the next couple of episodes.

Count me in on loving Vivian and not understanding the appeal of Jinelle.  My hubby asked me if I thought she was transgender and I said no that any mtf I've ever seen or known has looked far more feminine. I know, not very nice, but she has a very angular masculine look to her.

Weeklydcc

Weeklydcc

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 12, 2013 @ 10:13 PM

Spoiler

Oranaiche

Oranaiche

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 12, 2013 @ 10:16 PM

That's too funny! I just went and watched the video. Can't say I've ever heard this song. She sure can move.

MrsEVH

MrsEVH

Fanatic

Posted Sep 13, 2013 @ 9:37 AM

Sandra was a Laker Girl for the 2002-03 season and on So You Think You Can Dance in 2005.

I think Miss Kitty is calling

Spoiler
the hot mess.

It looks like she's doing a really bad version of the robot.

LisaB66

LisaB66

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 13, 2013 @ 10:19 AM

There was a brief shot or two of Jinelle dancing and she can bust a move! Also, there's huge potential lurking beneath the outdated, feathered hair and downy upper lip...

LOVE me some Vivian....she is STUNNING!

Can't wait to hear Kitty's assessment of the fresh meat! She is such a breath of fresh air...I wish the show would feature her more...especially later in the show when everything gets a little saccharine.

Italian Ice

Italian Ice

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 13, 2013 @ 11:53 AM

OH THAT'S where I had seen Sandra before. She was on S1 of SYTYCD. I think she was Blake McGrath's partner. She's an amazing dancer, but she just looked sad and old at this audition. I think had she bothered to try in the outfit/hair/makeup department, and smiled a bit, she'd have made it to Finals at least. She looked like she didn't want to be there.

Princessleia

Princessleia

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 13, 2013 @ 3:01 PM

http://www.thepostga...signed-uniforms

Vera Wang designed new uniforms for the Eagles cheerleaders. Thank goodness. Their old uniforms were pretty bad. But the Redskins cheerleaders take the award for skankiest uniforms.

bigskygirl

bigskygirl

Fanatic

Posted Sep 13, 2013 @ 3:11 PM

The one girl tried out for the team because her mother wanted her to be a DCC.  I cannot wait for Miss Kitty.  She tells it like it is.  Too bad she was not a judge.  I could imagine what comments she would make plus the fact she would not have flaunted the fact her daughter-n-law tried out for the team (take the hint Judy.)

I hope Phil is shown on tonight's episode.  I would love to visit the stadium to get an autograph and my picture taken with him.  He was so cute with Jackie at finals last year.

Bk10

Bk10

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 13, 2013 @ 9:04 PM

The show left me crying for the veterans that were not chosen. Can't believe they chose Kathryn and Chelsea who could not dance over Kali. kali's solo outfit did her an injustice though. And wow I guess there is something special about Danielle.
I could see why Teri wasn't chosen. She messed up her interview and seemed lost. Colin just looked over tanned and old so I can also see the reasoning behind that. Still sad though.

Jinelle does have a strong face but she can dance! She shines on the dance floor.

I'm also happy Vivian changed her solo. What was she thinking? Thank God for Kitty

Birgitte2004

Birgitte2004

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 13, 2013 @ 9:05 PM

I actually went back and checked and they invited 6 girls after they announced there were 5 to go, so Danielle didn't boot anybody, she was just added.

DCClscobee

DCClscobee

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 13, 2013 @ 9:15 PM

Spoiler

Jessica02

Jessica02

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 13, 2013 @ 9:24 PM

The first episode was SO boring, but I thought this one made up for it. Interesting how that went down with Danielle, but Judy and especially Kelli have always liked Danielle, so I'm not too surprised. The "she didn't have the eye of the tiger" reasoning annoyed me. I get saying, "you have to be ready today, and she wasn't," but that just seemed like a BS reason. I've never really been a Danielle fan, but I'm glad she made it back.

I felt bad for the cut vets. Kali didn't look like she was in the best shape, and her kicks were bad, but she's pretty and is a great dancer, which is more than can be said for Jinelle and Kathryn. I felt bad for Collin too. I got why Teri didn't make it back, but Courtney's interview looked just as bad and her curls were out of control.

I'm kind of glad Leah didn't make it. I'm not sure she was a great fit style-wise, and frankly, she's such a great dancer that she shouldn't waste a year on the DCC.

Vivian's original solo looked embarrassing. Glad she changed it. 

Edited by Jessica02, Sep 13, 2013 @ 9:28 PM.

Princessleia

Princessleia

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 13, 2013 @ 9:26 PM

Oh this episode. My heart broke for Kali, Teri, and Collin all over again, especially Kali. I cannot believe Kathryn Dunn was given a spot in training camp over Kali. I'm actually angry about it. EVERY judge said she couldn't dance, and I totally agreed with the judge who said she shouldn't have made it out of semis. Her face and blonde hair got her through, and I find that insulting. Kali made a mistake regarding costume choice for solo, and I'm not sure if her solo was the strongest she could've done. She didn't totally seem like the Kali I've seen. But she shined on the field last year. I'm sad all over again!

Teri was kind of a hot mess through the entire process. I'm not surprised she didn't make it. Collin just looked bad- I agree- old. Way too tan. The solo, or at least what they showed, looked pretty bad. She didn't look like a vet. Chelsea didn't blow me away at all, and I think Kali deserved her spot back over Chelsea. Courtney Cook seemed very strange during the interviews. 

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I cried out of happiness for Danielle, although I wish Kali had been given the same second chance. 

Edited by Princessleia, Sep 13, 2013 @ 10:40 PM.

Weeklydcc

Weeklydcc

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 13, 2013 @ 9:26 PM

Vera Wang designed new uniforms for the Eagles cheerleaders. Thank goodness. Their old uniforms were pretty bad. But the Redskins cheerleaders take the award for skankiest uniforms.

That looks the same crappy skanky eagles cheerleaders uniform from before. I'm not fond of the design or the color scheme. And I agree the redskins cheerleaders could use a little more fabric. Nothing wrong with sexy, but keep it clean.

Princessleia

Princessleia

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 13, 2013 @ 9:29 PM

I'm kind of glad Leah didn't make it. I'm not sure she was a great fit style-wise, and frankly, she's such a great dancer that she shouldn't waste a year on the DCC.

She's an incredible dancer, and I almost think her strength, confidence, and sexuality scared some of the judges. I wish she had made it to camp because it would have been interesting to see that play out. 

augustthirteen

augustthirteen

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 13, 2013 @ 9:31 PM

I'm confused, Chelsea Elizabeth made it back but she is not on DCC website Squad. Does this mean she got cut in training camp? The only veteran I can remember that was cut during training camp was Kaitlyn LeGrand. Am I overlooking Chelsea in the DCC Squad Photo?

Princessleia

Princessleia

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 13, 2013 @ 9:33 PM

I'm not fond of the design or the color scheme.

The Eagles cheerleaders have horrible colors. The green just doesn't translate well. I think it's the shiny fabric. I think the new uniforms are better than the old, but they're still not great. I think I like the uniform with the added "jacket". Otherwise, same uniform.

Edited by Princessleia, Sep 13, 2013 @ 9:34 PM.

girlinjeans

girlinjeans

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 13, 2013 @ 9:35 PM

I'm not a fan of Danielle and her favorite companion, her hair. Maybe she has lost that total fascination with it this year. One would hope, anyway.
And did a veteran die or what. That teaser sounds so somber. Is it just a tricky teaser to bring the viewer back next week?

Princessleia

Princessleia

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 13, 2013 @ 9:41 PM

Hanna has to be my favorite TCC. She makes it look effortless.

I felt bad for the cut vets. Kali didn't look like she was in the best shape, and her kicks were bad, but she's pretty and is a great dancer, which is more than can be said for Jinelle

This is a great comment- if you were to poll typical football fans aka MEN, who do you think they'd rather see out there- Kali or Jinelle? From what I've seen, Jinelle isn't a better dance than Kali, who is a powerhouse dancer. Plus she is a string bean. Now, I'm happy Jinelle made it but I don't get her over Kali based on figure, face, or dance.

SanLynn

SanLynn

Fanatic

Posted Sep 13, 2013 @ 9:46 PM

No way Vivian makes the team but I like her so I'm glad she made training camp. I'm also glad she went to one of Kitty's classes because, as much as I'm not necessarily a Kitty fan, she was right on target with the tin man thing.

Watching this episode made it easy to see why Teri got cut. That interview was brutal.

I wonder what Kelli, Charlotte and Judy see that sometimes I don't. I like Danielle but I don't always think she's a fit with the DCC. Still she seems like a sweet girl so I'm glad they gave her another shot, especially since she was really hampered by that foot injury. That looked painful.

I'm not sure what's going on with Courtney. She seemed very different to me too, I actually agreed with Kelli for a change.

Enjoying the season so far.

Edited by SanLynn, Sep 13, 2013 @ 9:53 PM.

Jessica02

Jessica02

Couch Potato

She's an incredible dancer, and I almost think her strength, confidence, and sexuality scared some of the judges. I wish she had made it to camp because it would have been interesting to see that play out.

Yeah, I hink some of the judges were in some ways intimidated by what she brought to the table. I definitively think she deserved to make it in, but if she had, I think I would have been even more annoyed when she inevitably got cut for not having the DCC style or for being "bottom heavy."

Hannah looks like a future group leader. It comes naturally to her.

Edited by Jessica02, Sep 13, 2013 @ 9:47 PM.

redvelvet

redvelvet

Fanatic

I don't see Chelsea in the squad photo either, but then they have a little photo of her on the site (and I guess a video?) saying --meet Chelsea. Did something happen to her?

DCClscobee

DCClscobee

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 13, 2013 @ 9:52 PM

I'm confused, Chelsea Elizabeth made it back but she is not on DCC website Squad. Does this mean she got cut in training camp? The only veteran I can remember that was cut during training camp was Kaitlyn LeGrand. Am I overlooking Chelsea in the DCC Squad Photo?

Spoiler

I wonder who ended up not making it in order to give Danielle another shot. And it makes me wonder what Kelli, Charlotte and Judy see that sometimes I don't. I like Danielle but I don't always think she's a fit with the DCC.

If I understood correctly they took 47 instead of the usual 45-46

I'm not sure what's going on with Courtney. She seemed very different to me too, I actually agreed with Kelli for a change.

Definitely something odd....especially the way she wouldn't make eye contact with anybody.

Edited by DCClscobee, Sep 13, 2013 @ 9:54 PM.