Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team

• Please log in to reply

11166 replies to this topic

SleepyJean

SleepyJean

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 25, 2013 @ 6:16 PM

My guess is it's medical. Either it's something recently diagnosed or recently occured that is severe and/or will take a long time to recover from (aneurysm, Lime disease, something wrong with one of her organs, broken limbs), or she's pregnant and just found out. To me that would explain all of the recent God-speak.

Those are the only things I can think of that would allow her to leave on good terms.

I don't think Kelli would be ok with her all of a sudden deciding to go on a mission. Even if it is a religious thing.

She isn't in school, and she'd quit her job in a heartbeat of they told her she couldn't be on the team.

I guess possibly it could be a family thing. I don't know what her situation. Maybe her parents died in a car crash and there's no one else to raise the little ones back in Utah?

Edited by SleepyJean, Jun 26, 2013 @ 12:19 PM.

bigskygirl

bigskygirl

Fanatic

Posted Jun 25, 2013 @ 6:36 PM

I was thinking a serious illness of a beloved family member, and she went back home.  She may also have an illness that requires certain medical treatment(s)

I think she has a job with a law firm, so I cannot understand why K & J would ask her to quit her job unless the law firm was suing the DCC organization.  *lol*

Oranaiche

Oranaiche

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 25, 2013 @ 9:27 PM

Does anyone know what Courtney's twitter account is? I can't seem to find it.

EricaShadows

EricaShadows

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 26, 2013 @ 12:09 AM

It's @curly_courtney1 

I have to think it's some sort of personal emergency that either involves her (as an individual) or her family.  Either a serious medical condition or something going on in the family and involve a long term commitment from Courtney that would severely cut into the DCC time would (to me) the only two reasons I could see her leaving the DCC voluntarily.  K & J are seemingly ok with it since it's her "official" DCC social media stuff that's gone and not anything else.  Plus, the way she's phrased things, it sounds like she's not going to come back at all, though we know people sometimes take time off to have a family, etc. 

Well, whatever it was happened fast because there was no sign of anything wrong when auditions wrapped up and when TC started.  There was what, a week and a half or so?

Princessleia

Princessleia

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 26, 2013 @ 7:08 AM

Maybe, like Brandi Kilby before her, she simply tired of all the bs that goes along with being a dcc. Or maybe she's in love. Who knows.

MrsEVH

MrsEVH

Fanatic

Posted Jun 26, 2013 @ 8:58 AM

Now that Courtney is gone I wonder if they'll fill that spot. Like they did when the Menchew sisters left and they brought back Kaime.

SleepyJean

SleepyJean

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 26, 2013 @ 12:29 PM

I doubt they'll bring anyone else in. I don't have anything to base that on, but I don't think it's another Kaime situation, where K&J really regretted that they couldn't include her. (Although they could have put her in from the get-go if they wanted to)

Do we know if Courtney is still in Dallas?

Even if she left on good term, I'd still expect them to take her off the site. The girls that were cut where removed practically before Kelli finished reading the number. I wouldn't expect it that quickly for Courtney, but I thought they'd get around to it by now. How long has it been since she quit?

StrawburryTarte

StrawburryTarte

Fanatic

Posted Jun 26, 2013 @ 12:47 PM

I think kaime was a one time thing. If they know they'll pick about 36 girls, and let 45 into camp, you know nine will be cut. If someone leaves, the next 'best' person is still #10 on the list of who would most likely be cut.

Even when Kaime returned, she was not going to make it unless a bunch of other girls were injured or really messed up. I still don't know why they did that, except to prove a point to the Minchew girl that she was not that special and there were many girls ready to replace her. It was less about kaime and more about getting revenge at Minchew chic than anything.

Sorenson71

Sorenson71

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 26, 2013 @ 12:50 PM

I don't think Courtney made the first meeting, so she quit it seems between the time when the TCC were announced and the first meeting.

StrawburryTarte

StrawburryTarte

Fanatic

Posted Jun 26, 2013 @ 12:55 PM

Is she pregnant?

Brymom07

Brymom07

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 26, 2013 @ 1:22 PM

I was wondering if she is pregnant too!

Princessleia

Princessleia

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 26, 2013 @ 2:16 PM

Pregnancy is why Joanna Liad left before TC started.

EricaShadows

EricaShadows

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 26, 2013 @ 3:47 PM

I don't think it's pregnancy but I could be wrong. That would likely have been a reason for J & K to scrub her entirely from their presence (including the website). Whatever it is, the real reason must be intensely personal and more important to her than the DCC. It must also be a good reason for J & K because they seem to be the types that need a good reason like disaster or something before they let you off the hook. Pregnancy doesn't seem to be the type of reason they'd accept but that's just me.

Sorenson71

Sorenson71

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 26, 2013 @ 3:55 PM

I have a feeling that we will not know the reason she left. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't even mention it on MTT.

EricaShadows

EricaShadows

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 26, 2013 @ 5:01 PM

I totally agree that the reason will likely never be known. We can be as curious as we want, but it's her personal life and as much a gossipmonger as I might be, I'm still trying to respect it (as unlikely as that might seem at the moment). :p

bigskygirl

bigskygirl

Fanatic

Posted Jun 26, 2013 @ 8:40 PM

Courtney is still on the official DCC website, but she does not have a DCC twitter account.  I find it interesting that the girls who retired or were cut are not on the official site, but Courtney still is.  The five girls who were cut in season 7 along with the girls who retired stayed on the website until the 2012/2013 squad was announced.

Little information is being let out about training camp, no list of the rookie candidates who made it into camp, and the retired vets plus the cut vets are off the official website after finals were over.  Interesting...

Kelly has posted a pic of the girls practicing kicks outside on her twitter page.  Some of the rookie candidates are shown in the pic, but I have no I idea who they are.  *lol*

Edited by bigskygirl, Jun 26, 2013 @ 7:20 PM.

Bk10

Bk10

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 26, 2013 @ 10:10 PM

I don't think Mormons can wear the Dallas cheer uniform. I thought Mormons were supposed to dress conservatively

melvi

melvi

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 26, 2013 @ 11:05 PM

Re Kaime: part of what makes the tv show entertaining is the drama of seeing girls get cut. Maybe, after the pageant sisters dropped out, there weren't enough girls left to get cut on camera, so they had to bring someone back as cannon fodder. Kaime didn't have enough time to learn the dances, and most of the judges didn't like her looks, so her chances of making the team were very, very low. 

ElectricBoogalo

ElectricBoogalo

Stalker

Posted Jun 27, 2013 @ 1:56 AM

I don't think Mormons can wear the Dallas cheer uniform. I thought Mormons were supposed to dress conservatively

Have you seen the ballroom costumes that Mormons wear? They cover about as much skin as a DCC uniform or a bikini. Chelsie Hightower and Julianne Hough are two of the Mormon professional dancers on DWTS and their costumes look like everyone else's: sequins and fringe held together with string.

Princessleia

Princessleia

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 27, 2013 @ 7:27 AM

I saw the picture Kelli posted- those practice uniforms are so beyond unflattering. Everyone in the picture looks heavier than normal.

bigskygirl

bigskygirl

Fanatic

Posted Jun 27, 2013 @ 7:29 AM

The girls on DWTS may wear certain types of costumes, but they are not paraded in front of the masses esp. men to tease and flirt to make money for organization by wearing skimpy outfits, trying to pose sexy in tiny bikinis, and pole like dancing in front of soldiers overseas.

Kaime was brought back for ratings.  The chances of her making the team was slim even if she was in TC on the first day.

MrsEVH

MrsEVH

Fanatic

Posted Jun 27, 2013 @ 10:02 AM

I have a feeling that we will not know the reason she left. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't even mention it on MTT.

Maybe she had to sign some agreement (gag order?) that she can't mention it on her twitter or until the show airs or is over

Sorenson71

Sorenson71

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 27, 2013 @ 11:09 AM

A gag order is possible. However, I will say that I was surprised that they allowed us to see so much of Kaitlin LeGrands downfall. Most times in the past we are left wondering what happened.

DCClscobee

DCClscobee

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 27, 2013 @ 12:32 PM

I will say that I was surprised that they allowed us to see so much of Kaitlin LeGrands downfall.

Maybe they wanted to use Kaitlin as an "example" which IMO is wrong.  Also maybe the lack of info on the Courtney situation isn't DCC at all but Courtney's decision so as to not damage her reputation. 

ETA - I'm also wondering (correct me if I'm wrong) if any of this Courtney discussion should be happening without spoiler tags since the TCCs were never officially revealed (or at least I haven't seen a list of them).  JMO

Edited by DCClscobee, Jun 27, 2013 @ 12:35 PM.

ILoveIt

ILoveIt

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 27, 2013 @ 1:21 PM

Something that is weird to me is that none of the other DCC are tweeting Courtney.  They seem to still be tweeting with the other 3 who were cut...I wonder what is up w/ Courtney.  I hope she is okay!

SleepyJean

SleepyJean

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 27, 2013 @ 5:03 PM

I'm going with "brain tumor."

bigskygirl

bigskygirl

Fanatic

Posted Jun 27, 2013 @ 6:18 PM

I felt so bad for Kaitlin L.  I was surprise she was shown in a bad light after what happened with Amy R.  I guess K & J wanted to show what could happen with a vet who does not toe the line (sorry, bad pun.)

Spoiler

StrawburryTarte

StrawburryTarte

Fanatic

Posted Jun 27, 2013 @ 7:25 PM

Courtney is not the greatest dancer. I've seen several videos - the breast cancer awareness dance stands out the most - where she misses turns, is off her line, and just makes overall mistakes. She's very enthusiastic about the DCC, but not the best dancer. 

Princessleia

Princessleia

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 27, 2013 @ 8:45 PM

Was Natalie Woods on the Season Finale of Dallas? Anyone know????

bigskygirl

bigskygirl

Fanatic

Posted Jun 28, 2013 @ 7:32 AM

The new Dallas?  I do not watch the show.