Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team

• Please log in to reply

11164 replies to this topic

Oranaiche

Oranaiche

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 22, 2013 @ 6:23 PM

I also noticed Jordan Elizabeth in there. Didn't see Amy.

Amy is only in the video on the main page. Here's the link. When I visited Youtube to get the direct link I noticed that it says the video features the Allen Americans Ice Angels, so that explains it as she's on that team. I was just confused when I saw her in the video and not in any of the pictures.

I think she's beautiful. Sad about what happened when she was at training camp.

Princessleia

Princessleia

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 22, 2013 @ 7:12 PM

I clicked on the dallaswear.com area where it says audition wear.  Isn't that Kali modeling some of them??

Yes. She's friends with the owner.

DCC Watcher

DCC Watcher

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 22, 2013 @ 7:39 PM

On twitter, there was a photo from Sydney with Whitney I and from her baby shower.  Jackie Bob posted that she was turning 30 today.  I don't think she looks that old.

MrsEVH

MrsEVH

Fanatic

Posted Jun 22, 2013 @ 7:49 PM

Cassie has a picture on her twitter of her with fellow preggos Whitney and Brittany E from Trisha's Trevino's wedding in May.

Princessleia

Princessleia

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 22, 2013 @ 10:07 PM

Whitney looks incredible. She'll bounce back quickly after baby.

Based on twitter, I think Whitney is naming her baby boy Rebel. Oh brother.

bigskygirl

bigskygirl

Fanatic

Posted Jun 22, 2013 @ 11:01 PM

According to Melissa's twitter page, Whitney's son name will be Rebel William. 

Weeklydcc

Weeklydcc

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 22, 2013 @ 11:07 PM

Based on twitter, I think Whitney is naming her baby boy Rebel. Oh brother

Well, that's better than North West. LOL.

Princessleia

Princessleia

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 22, 2013 @ 11:30 PM

According to Melissa's twitter page, Whitney's son name will be Rebel William. 

Love the middle name.

So, if my math is correct, Whitney was preggo while she was a DCC????

Weekly dcc: bahahaha. True

bigskygirl

bigskygirl

Fanatic

Posted Jun 23, 2013 @ 12:11 PM

Sydney posted a pic of herself, Jenna and

Spoiler
at Whitney's baby shower. 
Spoiler

I do agree, Whitney is glowing.  She will have one adorable baby boy.

Edited by bigskygirl, Jun 23, 2013 @ 12:14 PM.

EricaShadows

EricaShadows

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 23, 2013 @ 1:36 PM

Courtney Cook recently retweeted "Sometimes even the greatest love has to end so your destiny can begin."  That makes me even more curious, but it also makes me think something happened to make her leave the DCC .  I guess we'll find out sooner or later.

bigskygirl

bigskygirl

Fanatic

Posted Jun 23, 2013 @ 1:54 PM

We still do not know what happened with Olivia S.  I hope Courtney and Olivia are doing okay.

SleepyJean

SleepyJean

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 23, 2013 @ 2:20 PM

I don't think she looks that old

I do.But I don't think that's a bad thing. I always assumed she was a good 5-6 years older than the other girls. She has confidence and maturity that comes from having a few years on you.

I do, however, think it's strange to be doing DCC at her age. Usually by that point in your life, you have established relationships, a career,and house/car payments that make it difficult to devote practically your whole life to a hobby that takes all your time and provides nothing in the way of monetary compensation.USO tours, calendar shoots, and football games don't pay the bills.

Princessleia

Princessleia

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 23, 2013 @ 2:27 PM

I do, however, think it's strange to be doing DCC at her age. Usually by that point in your life, you have established relationships, a career,and house/car payments that make it difficult to devote practically your whole life to a hobby that takes all your time and provides nothing in the way of monetary compensation.USO tours, calendar shoots, and football games don't pay the bills.

Vanessa Jenkins cheered one season, and she told her mom, who in turn told me, that a lot of the girls are completely supported by their families. Although i think Jackie Bob has a pretty good job at a plastic surgeon's office.

DebbiePA

DebbiePA

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 23, 2013 @ 4:30 PM

Love the middle name.

So, if my math is correct, Whitney was preggo while she was a DCC????

Weekly dcc: bahahaha. True

If she's due in August, she had to be a couple of months when she went to the Pro Bowl.

Courtney Cook recently retweeted "Sometimes even the greatest love has to end so your destiny can begin."  That makes me even more curious, but it also makes me think something happened to make her leave the DCC .  I guess we'll find out sooner or later.

It's just strange that she auditioned, made it, then left before the first meeting.

MrsEVH

MrsEVH

Fanatic

Posted Jun 23, 2013 @ 4:48 PM

Posted Today, 01:54 PM

We still do not know what happened with Olivia S.  I hope Courtney and Olivia are doing okay.

According to Olivia's Facebook she lives in Vail, Colorado and works at Beaver Creek Sports.

EricaShadows

EricaShadows

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 23, 2013 @ 4:50 PM

I'm guessing that, whatever happened, it occurred between the annoucement of TCC people and the first meeting.  It could have been a serious injury or accident, family emergency, personal emergency, whatever.  It had to have happened rather suddenly for her to go silent so quickly and for so long.  I hope that she's okay and dealing with whatever happened in an appropriate manner (with help if needed depending on what happened).

Whatever happened, I hope that it's mentioned briefly and tastefully in the show and then it's left alone.  At least Judy and Kelly seemed to be understanding about it, otherwise they would have had her stuff removed from the website.  Could it be seen as a retirement instead of being booted out and that's why?

Edited by EricaShadows, Jun 23, 2013 @ 4:59 PM.

bigskygirl

bigskygirl

Fanatic

Posted Jun 23, 2013 @ 5:44 PM

After what happened with some of the girls in the last few seasons, I wonder how the Courtney situation will be shown. If she would have done something to piss off K & J, she would have been taken off all DCC media outlets.

Btw, it was mentioned on the Cowboys Star Magazine radio broadcast, the reason why the girl's last name was not given out is because of a possible stalking incident.

Interesting that less information is being given out about training camp this year.  Judy must be coming on here and reading our posts.  *lol*

Edited by bigskygirl, Jun 23, 2013 @ 5:45 PM.

Princessleia

Princessleia

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 23, 2013 @ 6:11 PM

I think Courtney left on good terms, because Big Sky Girl is right, they would've removed her from the website if she'd done something wrong.

Sorenson71

Sorenson71

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 24, 2013 @ 2:33 PM

Speaking of Whitney, did she ever get married?

I know Jackie Bob turned 30 the other day and some say it's a bit old. However, she is not the only one on the squad up in age. I believe Brittney, Kim and Angela are all knocking on 30. I'm not sure how old Jennifer Alexis is?? Can anyone shed some light? They use to post their ages a few years ago on their profiles.

For the record, I love Jackie Bob and she looks great for 30.

Weeklydcc

Weeklydcc

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 24, 2013 @ 4:25 PM

For the record, I love Jackie Bob and she looks great for 30.

She certainly has a great body. My abs didn't quite look that good at 30.

Princessleia

Princessleia

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 24, 2013 @ 5:09 PM

Sunni Cranfill retired at 33. I always thought she looked older bc of the dyed blonde hair and dark mystic tan. But she's always been one of my faves and gorgeous, I just think Jackie Bob looks younger.

MrsEVH

MrsEVH

Fanatic

Posted Jun 24, 2013 @ 5:33 PM

Wasn't Natalie Woods in her 30s when she made the squad in 2007?

StrawburryTarte

StrawburryTarte

Fanatic

Posted Jun 24, 2013 @ 5:56 PM

If they have the skills, body and support to audition and make it in their 30s, more power to them. I don't think Jackie, Sunni and Natalie were all educated, employed, good dancers, in great shape, and Natalie was also married. Good for them for going for something they wanted to do. None of them seemed like they would DIE if they didn't make it and are well-rounded women.

I do feel sorry for the women who audition 8 or 9 times in a row, start to look rough, and kind of lose their minds obsessing to be on the team, but I like seeing a variety of ages, builds, ethnicities, hair color, careers, etc.

I think Natalie Woods was 31 or 32 when she made it.

bigskygirl

bigskygirl

Fanatic

Posted Jun 24, 2013 @ 6:02 PM

Whitney is engaged.  Do not know when she will be getting married.

Edited by bigskygirl, Jun 24, 2013 @ 6:02 PM.

Princessleia

Princessleia

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 24, 2013 @ 10:16 PM

This is totally random, but I found an article online about Kathryn Dunn, and in the article she discusses being diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis at a very young age, and that by eating gluten free and exercising, she's gone into remission. My grandmother suffered from RA, and it's very debilitating. It's amazing kathryn can do the jump splits, exercises, etc required by a TCC. A miracle, really!

Italian Ice

Italian Ice

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 25, 2013 @ 1:11 AM

Is Courtney Mormon? I know she's from Utah, but maybe she left to go on a mission or something? IDK, I'm just throwing it out there.

Princessleia

Princessleia

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 25, 2013 @ 6:18 AM

Courtney keeps re tweeting inspirational nonsense on twitter. It's annoying bc all I want to know is why she's disappeared.

bigskygirl

bigskygirl

Fanatic

Posted Jun 25, 2013 @ 7:37 AM

I do not think she left for a mission.  Maybe she met a young hot stud (from season 4 finals interview question.)  *lol*

Edited by bigskygirl, Jun 25, 2013 @ 7:37 AM.

Sorenson71

Sorenson71

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 25, 2013 @ 8:19 AM

Well,

Spoiler
responded to my Tweet. She says 
Spoiler
. I was not sure if this was considered a spoiler since she did post it on her twitter account, but wanted to be safe.

I'm glad she responded and seems to be ok with her decision!

However, she did not say why she left, but it seems like it was her choice.

Edited by Sorenson71, Jun 25, 2013 @ 1:52 PM.

MrsEVH

MrsEVH

Fanatic

Posted Jun 25, 2013 @ 5:51 PM

Posted Today, 01:11 AM

Is Courtney Mormon? I know she's from Utah, but maybe she left to go on a mission or something? IDK, I'm just throwing it out there.

It wouldn't be unusual. Two Utah Jazz dancers left the squad to do missionary work.