Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team

• Please log in to reply

11164 replies to this topic

Sorenson71

Sorenson71

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 4, 2013 @ 11:49 AM

My other hope is that IF she left for health reasons, they don't exploit it on the show.

History shows they keep things pretty quiet. They probably told the Vets why she left but not the Rookies, and even if they did tell the Vets I'm sure it was not the entire story.

I hope K&J offered their support/help to Courtney (that is if she needs it)

LisaB66

LisaB66

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 4, 2013 @ 12:16 PM

I STILL can't believe they cut

Spoiler
...she was the perfect DCC: beautiful, sweet, classy, and a terrific dancer. I couldn't give a rat's posterior if her kicks were "low".  If there's at all a chance, I hope they bring her back.  Surely she represented the DCC far better than some of these plastic airheads they've recruited...ahem, Kathryn Dunn, ahem...

Edited by LisaB66, Jun 4, 2013 @ 3:01 PM.

Sorenson71

Sorenson71

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 4, 2013 @ 2:41 PM

I'm still in shock over

Spoiler
too. Maybe they will bring her back for Courtney's spot...oh well one can dream. lol

Today the TCCs had a boot camp with Jay. I wonder if they will air it on the show this year??

LisaB66

LisaB66

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 4, 2013 @ 3:20 PM

I'd rather see a segment with Jay than that phony-ass "nutritionist" they had last year! At least, Jay gives them good advice, not urban myths like "soda causes cellulite."  AND I never saw him pull a refrigerator-raid on anyone like they did to Nicole Bulcher either...that made my blood boil! Nicole is absolutely gorgeous just as she is!

Italian Ice

Italian Ice

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 4, 2013 @ 7:42 PM

According to Sydney's twitter, this is the start of the 2nd week of TC, so

Spoiler

Princessleia

Princessleia

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 4, 2013 @ 8:24 PM

I'd rather see a segment with Jay than that phony-ass "nutritionist" they had last year! At least, Jay gives them good advice, not urban myths like "soda causes cellulite."

Totally. That segment was pathetic. What made it even worse is that there is that good nutrition just isn't that complicated. To take your fitness and physique to the DCC level, you basically need to eat lots of lean protein, and get your carbs primarily from vegetables with a few servings of whole grains. Keep your sugar intake low. Drink lots of water. Lift weights. It's so simple. That lady was totally worthless. 

One of my favorite storylines was Jay and Sunni Cranfill. I was crushed when she was cut due to endurance at TC, and rooted for her the next year, and was just thrilled when she made the squad. I really like Sunni. I loved seeing how proud he was of her when she made power squad, and it was obvious that she had worked so hard in the off season. 

Brymom07

Brymom07

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 4, 2013 @ 10:30 PM

I'm so curious what happened to Courtney! I hope healthwise she is okay! I find it crazy how many girls they consider to be "soft" or "thick" ESP someone like Nicole Bulcher who seems very health conscious

A few posts up there was a group picture with Tobie Percival and possibly Courtney Cook, I was watching season 5 again tonight and at the beginning of episode three they show them walking Into rehearsal together so maybe they were friends or became friends on training camp

Bk10

Bk10

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 4, 2013 @ 10:37 PM

So I dedicated my day to season 2 of the show, (I'm on vacation so I have lots of time) and the squad used to be so much more diverse! You used to see different personalities and different looks more.

Also in season 2, they had a girl named Loni who couldn't kick or dance but she was so pretty that she made the team. She didn't even kick with them on the kickline during the games. (I'm also reading the boards from those episodes). Kelli and Judy are such hypocrites when it comes to that stuff. You'll basically make it if they really like you so maybe they just didn't like the 3 girls that were cut this year. it's a shame

ILoveIt

ILoveIt

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 5, 2013 @ 6:45 AM

A few posts up there was a group picture with Tobie Percival and possibly Courtney Cook, I was watching season 5 again tonight and at the beginning of episode three they show them walking Into rehearsal together so maybe they were friends or became friends on training camp

Tobie and Courtney are friends from Utah.  They knew each other before moving to Dallas.  I believe they mention this in the first season that Courtney tries out,

DebbiePA

DebbiePA

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 5, 2013 @ 6:45 AM

The year that Loni made it, there was also Kelly Jo who had kick problems but they decided to put her on the squad.  Kelly Jo was cut at the following year's final auditions.   Loni did not try out again.   

Princessleia

Princessleia

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 5, 2013 @ 7:05 AM

The year that Loni made it, there was also Kelly Jo who had kick problems but they decided to put her on the squad.  Kelly Jo was cut at the following year's final auditions.   Loni did not try out again.   

What was so special about Kelly Jo? Why did she make it? Was she a good dancer? I started watching the season after theirs. Thanks!

I've looked at pics of Loni and she's really pretty, but didn't they have Abigail her year as well? She's enough pretty for the whole team.

I

bigskygirl

bigskygirl

Fanatic

Posted Jun 5, 2013 @ 7:36 AM

Emma is the swimsuit  calendar cover girl for the June issue of Dallas Star Magazine.

Imo, Kelli Jo made the team because K & J liked the way she looked and she could be sent out on appearances. 

StrawburryTarte

StrawburryTarte

Fanatic

Posted Jun 5, 2013 @ 7:37 AM

Loni wasn't a bad dancer and had been an Atlanta Falcons cheerleader, so she had pro experience. Her kicks were awful, and she was pretty, but kind of rough looking. Her personality was great, so all around she was one of the best of the 36/38 (however many they took) that year.

Princessleia

Princessleia

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 5, 2013 @ 7:53 AM

Did anyone else see the photo Angela posted on twitter with Jay and the rookies?

The new girl from Australia. She must be one incredible dancer. If you get my drift.

Thanks for the loni info!

DCClscobee

DCClscobee

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 5, 2013 @ 8:34 AM

The new girl from Australia. She must be one incredible dancer. If you get my drift.

Was she on Angela's rugby team? I was wondering if that's how she came to audition?

StrawburryTarte

StrawburryTarte

Fanatic

Posted Jun 5, 2013 @ 9:05 AM

Australian makeover will be fun to watch

Sorenson71

Sorenson71

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 5, 2013 @ 9:36 AM

According to Judy's Twitter, she and Kelli will not be back to practice until Friday night because they are going to the CMA Awards.

Australian makeover will be fun to watch

It sure will be, because the new Australian girl really needs one. I did see her dance video during the vote round and she is good.

K&J just please bring

Spoiler
back.

LisaB66

LisaB66

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 5, 2013 @ 11:14 AM

Sorry, Princessleia, but the whole low-carb diet thing drives me nuts...I'm a nursing student with a minor in Nutrition. The BIGGEST misconception out there is that if you work out a lot, you need a lot of protein.  This is completely inaccurate and leads to unhealthy eating habits.  If you work out a lot, you need lots of energy which normally comes from complex carbohydrates and fats. You MUST have some fat in your diet to remain healthy...I'm not talking about bacon and cheese and whole milk...I'm talking about cold-water fish and olive oil.  And WHOLE GRAINS...if you eat a low-carb diet and you have a lot of high-intensity activity, your body is going to try to use protein for energy which leads to ketoacidosis and all kinds of health problems.

Sorry for my diatribe but it drives me nuts when K & J tell these women with perfect bodies to lose weight.  It's gotten worse in recent seasons.  There used to be more diversity in body type on the squad.  Kandi Harris was beautiful and a terrific dancer, athletic build and all.  Loni Lindsay was short and curvy.  Nicole Hamilton was curvy and stunning.  ENOUGH with the stick figures already!

Princessleia

Princessleia

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 5, 2013 @ 2:03 PM

I wasn't saying a low carb diet is the best option nutrition wise. I said eat lean protein, carbs from veggies, and carbs from whole grains. I also didn't say low fat either- healthy fats are necessary. there is also a difference in lean protein vs eating bacon. which is why i said LEAN protein- fish, chicken etc. I'd also throw fruit in as well, but at the end of the day, you aren't going to attain that DCC thin and super lean physique by stuffing yourself with an excess of carbs. Even the healthy kind. And eating a lot of sugar, even if it's from fruit, won't help you get the DCC body either.

I'm in the fitness industry, and that super lean & toned look is achieved by LEAN protein, healthy fats, complex carbs. Low sugar. It just is. And the right amount of calories- not too low. Doesn't mean everyone has to eat like that, but the best way to get that DCC look is to eat that way.

I'd almost guarantee Nicole Hamilton ate that way too, because there isn't anything low carb about what I just wrote. That's just a healthy way to eat. My husband just lost 40 pounds by eating lean protein, veggies, complex carbs.

I didn't mean to eat super low carb!

Edited by Princessleia, Jun 5, 2013 @ 2:09 PM.

LisaB66

LisaB66

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 5, 2013 @ 2:49 PM

I'm sure you know what you're talking about, Princessleia.  Lately, I've encountered a lot of people preaching about the low-carb diet and it pisses me off because they're all so ignorant. It seems like everone is looking for the Amazing Magical way to lose weight instead of eating sensible portions and EXERCISING. With your background in the fitness industry, you know all this...if I sounded like I was all up in your grille--I apologize, not my intent.

Is it just me or has the trend in recent years become to recruit younger women for the squad? Seems like there used to be more diversity in age, too.  Loni, KelliJo, Natalie, and Sunni were a bit older and still spectacular...

Sorenson71

Sorenson71

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 5, 2013 @ 3:00 PM

Is it just me or has the trend in recent years become to recruit younger women for the squad? Seems like there used to be more diversity in age, too.  Loni, KelliJo, Natalie, and Sunni were a bit older and still spectacular...

I think Angela is like 28 and Brittney is close to that also...I think.

bigskygirl

bigskygirl

Fanatic

Posted Jun 5, 2013 @ 6:59 PM

Some of the girls have posted swimsuit calendar shoot pictures on twitter.  Mia looks incredible.

Spoiler

Weeklydcc

Weeklydcc

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 5, 2013 @ 7:02 PM

I think Angela is like 28 and Brittney is close to that also...I think.

Kim Nicole is 28, probably 29 now.

Princessleia

Princessleia

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 5, 2013 @ 7:15 PM

I'm sure you know what you're talking about, Princessleia.  Lately, I've encountered a lot of people preaching about the low-carb diet and it pisses me off because they're all so ignorant. It seems like everone is looking for the Amazing Magical way to lose weight instead of eating sensible portions and EXERCISING. With your background in the fitness industry, you know all this...if I sounded like I was all up in your grille--I apologize, not my intent.

No worries Lisa! The DCC physique is on an entirely different level than what most people want or have the ability to attain, either due to willpower or genetics. Therefore, they have to eat & train differently. Most people just don't have the willpower.

Spoiler

Sorenson71

Sorenson71

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 6, 2013 @ 10:06 AM

bigskygirl: Some excellent points about Vets being called back to TC after being cut. I should have included that if

Spoiler
would have been the next one in line to be invited to TC that would be great. However, I would have wanted to be chosen the first time around too. I have no doubt that Kali is doing well and I'm glad she is.

Speaking of some of the pictures in the magazine. I don't like the expressions on Chelsea's face lolol. IMO she looks like a scared/shy little girl who does not know how to pose for the camera.

I love Mia's picture and she is the centerfold of the magazine.

Angela has probably put on weight eating all this American food. She mentioned that during her Rookie season that Australia does not have as many fast food places as Texas.

One of the TCC posted a picture of the entire group of Rookies on her face book page. You can see all of them clearly. I hesitate on saying who posted it because you never know if K&J will see that as a breach of trust!!

Spoiler

Edited by Sorenson71, Jun 6, 2013 @ 9:59 AM.

Italian Ice

Italian Ice

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 6, 2013 @ 8:29 PM

This may be a stupid question, but do K&J actually choreograph everything? I've always wondered that. I never see them in dance clothes, ever.

DCClscobee

DCClscobee

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 6, 2013 @ 9:40 PM

This may be a stupid question, but do K&J actually choreograph everything? I've always wondered that. I never see them in dance clothes, ever.

It's my understanding there are assistant choreographers that do most of the work.  Also seen vets like Ally and Cassie teaching.

Frecklz

Frecklz

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 7, 2013 @ 8:44 AM

I noticed Courtney Cook was not in the swimsuit issue.  Any word on her?

MrsEVH

MrsEVH

Fanatic

Posted Jun 7, 2013 @ 9:47 AM

I noticed Courtney Cook was not in the swimsuit issue.  Any word on her?

Nothing on her twitter either.

Spoiler

I saw the pictures of the DCC swimsuit calendar. I have to say I not crazy about Jackie's. Something  seems weird about her face (too much touching up?).

Slightly OT: Laura Vikmanis made the Ben Gals for her 5th year. I wonder if she ever tried out for the DCC would Kelli and Judy give her a chance to go to TC? 

Edited by MrsEVH, Jun 7, 2013 @ 10:00 AM.

Sorenson71

Sorenson71

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 7, 2013 @ 10:28 AM

I saw the pictures of the DCC swimsuit calendar. I have to say I not crazy about Jackie's. Something  seems weird about her face (too much touching up?).

Where did you see the pictures?

I know this statement seems random, but someone said upstream that the two of the cut vets may have been cut due to not being attractive, but IMO

Spoiler
had the perfect figure.