Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team

• Please log in to reply

11165 replies to this topic

Sorenson71

Sorenson71

Video Archivist

Posted May 23, 2013 @ 10:21 AM

I'm just sad that three vets got cut and I know I will be frustrated when some of the new ones being brought into camp can't even keep up with one routine. I am thinking of Carla last year who was cut for a non dance issue but who clearly was not as talented or quick with the choreography as the others....she danced weakly and performed even worse than that. And her spot could have been given to one of the many vets who were cut

Very well said. I totally agree. That is my biggest issue. When they cut a veteran you would think it's because someone out danced them in their solo or has more overall talent. But more times than I can count these new girls get to TC and they are a total mess (not all of them, but enough to be concerning). Like Carla should have never been invited. I honestly think they new ahaed of time about her photo scandal and invited her to TC just for drama and ratings.

I'm still holding out HOPE that they will bring the one cut VET (Power House Dancer) back during TC. By now surely K&J have read/heard our complaints and disappointment. I really don't know why they give some Vets second chances when they mess up like Ann, etc. and others they cut. It seems cruel. How can you cut someone like "Power House", she is awesome!!!

I said it an an earlier post: Does K&J ever regret their decision to cut a vet. If so, will they try to correct it and fight for their return. Or will they just refuse to admit their mistake and act like nothing is wrong. I'm sure in everything they do they have to go through Charlotte.

We should all keep voicing how upset we are for them cutting a GREAT DCC and maybe they will bring her back! I know it didn't work with Alyssa but anythin is possible!!!

I'm really thinking about not watching MTT anymore. I want them to bring her back!!!

LisaB66

LisaB66

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 23, 2013 @ 11:55 AM

I want to boycott MTT until they bring

Spoiler
back!

I could care less about Kathryn Dunn...she seems kind of fake.  So does Courtney Cook.

I wish they'd show more of MacKenzie and Holly:  they're outstanding dancers.

Socialmedianews

Socialmedianews

Channel Surfer

Posted May 23, 2013 @ 12:17 PM

Just realized auditions are over... read the last few posts and am in shock! No not because of the cuts, well yes surprised that

Spoiler
[snip]

[I think that] Sydney is great enough to be a group leader and has put the time in to deserve every good thing that comes her way.

I do hope the truth is out of why each one got cut and they let the viewers know what went wrong. The cut that shocked me the most over the last two seasons is without a doubt Alyssa since she is a sister of a K & J favorite and she was moved to show group last year... That one still baffles me.

On another note, just saw photos that Paige from the Mavs auditioned again... she is a great performer. I am sure they did a background check on her, maybe

Spoiler
too? Could be why neither of them made the team this season. They must have updated their system since last audition.

Edited by TWoP Howard, May 23, 2013 @ 4:44 PM.
Removed boards on boards paragraphs, extended spoiler bars

bigskygirl

bigskygirl

Fanatic

Posted May 23, 2013 @ 2:00 PM

Ann did not mess up.  She was not being bubbly enough for a few of the judges aka not enough of a butt kisser and not completely selling her soul to the DCC Gods. 

K & J may have tried to keep

Spoiler
but might have been out voted by the other judges.  I remembered when Judy wanted Lauren Gibler to make it to TC in season 5, but she was out voted by the others.  Nicole Hamilton was cut the first time she tried out (trying to understand that move.)  Meredith also did not make it the first time she tried out.  I also do not think J & K did not want to take Meagan F. into TC, but they were pressured into it.

I scratch my head a few times since I started watching the show on how and why certain girls make the team or get cut.  I will miss 

Spoiler
, and I wish them the best.

Edited by bigskygirl, May 23, 2013 @ 2:10 PM.

bigskygirl

bigskygirl

Fanatic

Posted May 23, 2013 @ 5:07 PM

Judy posted on her twitter page that the list of the training camp candidates should be coming out soon.

DCClscobee

DCClscobee

Couch Potato

Posted May 23, 2013 @ 6:47 PM

Judy posted on her twitter page that the list of the training camp candidates should be coming out soon.

Hasn't there already been a pic posted of them other than Samantha's?

bigskygirl

bigskygirl

Fanatic

Posted May 23, 2013 @ 7:30 PM

I have seen a picture of the TC candidates on the ultimatecheerleaders.com website, but I have not seen a list of the rookie candidates. 

IanMoone

IanMoone

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 24, 2013 @ 9:41 AM

Ian Moone, I think there are many reasons, and there isn't any consistency. Ann Lux didn't do a great job in her interview, but they let her come back. They also dogged her because according to them, she wasn't bubbly enough. They cut Alyssa and Kamilah last year because of weight.

I honestly hope that 

Spoiler
Remember, Jordan Ketchum? I remember that her mom answered a post on another forum stating that Jordan wore an extra small in tops yet was found to be "big" by DCC standards. It's crazy. I hope it's all addressed because I think K&J made mistakes on not fighting for the cut vets.

Who knows? Maybe they felt that it was time for new faces. I had a feeling that some rookies would be cut. 

MrsEVH

MrsEVH

Fanatic

Posted May 24, 2013 @ 10:12 AM

On another note, just saw photos that Paige from the Mavs auditioned again... she is a great performer. I am sure they did a background check on her, maybe

Spoiler 

Kali
too? Could be why neither of them made the team this season. They must have updated their system since last audition.

Spoiler

I'm being vague about it so I don't get in trouble with this post.

I have seen a picture of the TC candidates on the ultimatecheerleaders.com website, but I have not seen a list of the rookie candidates.

It's not a very good one and hard to tell whose who in it. I can see a few returning vets and some new faces.

Edited by MrsEVH, May 24, 2013 @ 10:25 AM.

Princessleia

Princessleia

Couch Potato

Posted May 24, 2013 @ 1:04 PM

I don't think The former DCC to which social media is referring has a criminal record. There was an arrest, but i don't believe she was ever formally charged. This also happened years ago. That being said, it's very possible that's why she was cut, although I don't know how it would've been missed last year, or the other two times she tried out.

Edited to add that I don't know this info from the source... Word of mouth, so it's not canon!

Ian Moone: our dcc was not cut bc of weight. Trust me, she's tiny, and even smaller now than last season.

Edited by Princessleia, May 24, 2013 @ 1:12 PM.

bigskygirl

bigskygirl

Fanatic

Posted May 24, 2013 @ 1:19 PM

Season one is on the cmt website.  It is interesting to see Brooke, Meagan F., and Tobie with her darker hair trying out for the team esp. after the infamous season 5 Julia Roberts look alike telling off J & K.

On the subject of

Spoiler

LisaB66

LisaB66

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 24, 2013 @ 1:22 PM

PLEASE don't let them bring back the "nutritionist" this year! What a load of excrement that was...It was really unforgivable the way they treated Nicole Bulcher WHO LOOKS PERFECT AS SHE IS!

I get it...they want girls who are fit, but sometimes they take it too far.  Some of the girls on the squad are thin to the point of being unattractive.

Princessleia

Princessleia

Couch Potato

Posted May 24, 2013 @ 1:25 PM

Brittney S posted a pic on twitter of some of the girls and Chelsea looks great. They all do, but she looks really really fit.

Bk10

Bk10

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 24, 2013 @ 9:58 PM

Carisa Rose posted her full solo on twitter earlier.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=rzDd1tzEcSU

bigskygirl

bigskygirl

Fanatic

Posted May 24, 2013 @ 10:24 PM

I wish they would show all the solo performances, and the judge's decision on each girl.

Edited by bigskygirl, May 24, 2013 @ 10:25 PM.

Oranaiche

Oranaiche

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 24, 2013 @ 10:46 PM

Thank you for posting that video, Bk10. Carisa is such a beautiful dancer and in my opinion one of the most gorgeous girls on the squad. I hope she has her family/financial issues figured out this year so she won't be hesitant to go for show group, because she absolutely belongs there.

bigskygirl

bigskygirl

Fanatic

Posted May 25, 2013 @ 6:13 PM

Britney Evans is having a little girl (Bentley Rose) and Kandi Mahan is also having a little girl (Zoe)

SleepyJean

SleepyJean

Couch Potato

Posted May 26, 2013 @ 1:06 PM

There's a marathon on right now, adn it's really interesting. I either didn't realize, or forgot how much Kelli and Judy liked Kali. They kept calling her "a little powerhouse."

I'm watching teh rrokie makeover episode and Kelli just said, and I quote "The DCC look is diversity" and she talks about how each girl's look is tailored specifically to her. That just makes me laugh, considering how much they all look alike when the hair and makeup people are done with them.

Thank you for posting that video, Bk10. Carisa is such a beautiful dancer

She really is. But the first thing that popped into my head when she finished was "Cheerleaders are dancers who have gone retarded." Hard to believe that someone who can dance like that isn't bored to tears by the insanely repetitve, less than challenging, DCC choreography.

Edited by SleepyJean, May 26, 2013 @ 1:10 PM.

bigskygirl

bigskygirl

Fanatic

Posted May 26, 2013 @ 2:05 PM

But the first thing that popped into my head when she finished was "Cheerleaders are dancers who have gone retarded." Hard to believe that someone who can dance like that isn't bored to tears by the insanely repetitve, less than challenging, DCC choreography.

I was thinking the same thing.  I would be bored out of my mind learning how to shake my cash and prizes to the left instead of the right, or making an appearance at the local Albertsons or Dunkin Donuts.

Mia posted a pic on her DCC twitter page of some of the retired girls with Brittany Evans and Kandi Mahan.

Sorenson71

Sorenson71

Video Archivist

Posted May 26, 2013 @ 3:08 PM

There's a marathon on right now, adn it's really interesting. I either didn't realize, or forgot how much Kelli and Judy liked Kali. They kept calling her "a little powerhouse."

Yea, I'm watching it again too, but I didn't forget how much they liked her. I don't know what happened but it is a shame. However, she looks to be handling it well on the pictures on her Twitter/Instagram. I saw some pics of her and her husband with Olivia and her husband at the pool and she looked really happy. I'm glad to see that Olivia is being such a great friend!!

Oranaiche

Oranaiche

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 27, 2013 @ 12:57 PM

SleepyJean said: She really is. But the first thing that popped into my head when she finished was "Cheerleaders are dancers who have gone retarded." Hard to believe that someone who can dance like that isn't bored to tears by the insanely repetitve, less than challenging, DCC choreography.

I feel the same way, but I'm past the point of trying to understand anymore why some of the more dynamic/artistic dancers on the squad choose to go the DCC route. I guess I'll never understand because I'm not a dancer, nor am I from Dallas, and it seems to just be its own phenomenon there. I just find it so weird that DCC has a draw for girls like Carisa.

Princessleia

Princessleia

Couch Potato

Posted May 27, 2013 @ 1:09 PM

However, she looks to be handling it well on the pictures on her Twitter/Instagram. I saw some pics of her and her husband with Olivia and her husband at the pool and she looked really happy. I'm glad to see that Olivia is being such a great friend!!

She knows there is more to life than DCC, and she is starting to come out of the initial shock. I think it will be hard next season though, when her friends are getting ready for game 1 etc...

But luckily for

Spoiler
she has tons of friends outside of DCC, a great family, a great job that she loves, and a wonderful husband. They travel a lot, and lead a pretty amazing life. She's fine!

SleepyJean

SleepyJean

Couch Potato

Posted May 27, 2013 @ 3:08 PM

Anyone know which rookies made TC? I know some of them, but not the rest. These are the ten I have on my list

Spoiler

Sorenson71

Sorenson71

Video Archivist

Posted May 27, 2013 @ 6:14 PM

She knows there is more to life than DCC, and she is starting to come out of the initial shock. I think it will be hard next seaon though, when her friends are getting ready for game 1 etc...

But luckily for

Spoiler 

she has tons of friends outside of DCC, a great family, a great job that she loves, and a wonderful husband. They travel a lot, and lead a pretty amazing life. She's fine!

That's great. I wish her the best!!!

Does anyone know when they will post the names of the TCC??

bigskygirl

bigskygirl

Fanatic

Posted May 27, 2013 @ 6:56 PM

Judy said the list should be coming out soon (on her DCC twitter account last week.)  I think the first TC meeting is on Wednesday, 5/29, and the first day of practice is 5/30.

Edited by bigskygirl, May 27, 2013 @ 6:58 PM.

ILoveIt

ILoveIt

Video Archivist

Posted May 28, 2013 @ 7:30 AM

PLEASE don't let them bring back the "nutritionist" this year!

Agreed.  I think the year before there was a nutrition segment with Jay that was probably actually informative and directed at rookies, not veterans.

I have to say - I miss the Jay segments a little bit.  I think they helped show how fit the girls have to be to look good and dance for four hours. I don't think he was in last season at all.  

Also - Brittany, please don't name your daughter Bentley!  Have we learned nothing from Teen Mom???  Was Brittany an All Star before she got pregnant?  She seemed really nice, I wonder if they would hire her as an assistant choreographer.

Edited by ILoveIt, May 28, 2013 @ 7:30 AM.

ElectricBoogalo

ElectricBoogalo

Stalker

Posted May 28, 2013 @ 7:41 AM

I don't miss the Jay segments at all. There's already not enough dancing as it is. I used to get so bored watching Jay yell at these girls and dangling the "much coveted" t-shirts in front of them.

Hahaha, I agree about naming a kid Bentley though. I guess she can always go by Rose when she realizes what a terrible first name she has.

StrawburryTarte

StrawburryTarte

Fanatic

Posted May 28, 2013 @ 10:01 AM

Bentley? For a girl? Rethink, please.

Brittany left due to her brothers wedding and injury. I took an aerobics class from her a few Years ago and she is an amazing performer and good instructor with the most, uh, saccharine voice and expressions imaginable. Very nice, but to the point of being syrupy saccharine sweet. makes sense that she worked for Disney at one point.

LisaB66

LisaB66

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 28, 2013 @ 10:29 AM

"Bentley"...?!  Enough already with naming girls after cars! As if "Mercedes" and "Portia" weren't bad enough...lol!

Brittany always seemed perfectly sweet on the show, unfortunate voice and all.  Remember when she helped MacKenzie improve her kicks? Wasn't she a group leader? If so, I'll bet she was a good one...

Does anyone know what Brooke (Sorenson) Nix is up to these days? She's one of my absolute all-time favorites from the show.

bigskygirl

bigskygirl

Fanatic

Posted May 28, 2013 @ 10:42 AM

Brooke's husband is a professional baseball player, so she travels with him.  She also sells jewelry part-time.