Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team

• Please log in to reply

11164 replies to this topic

redvelvet

redvelvet

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2013 @ 12:51 PM

I thought Cassie's husband was some kind of insurance agent. I predict we'll see her working in the cheerleaders' office in some capacity.

MrsEVH

MrsEVH

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2013 @ 1:36 PM

I liked Emily Claire, and I like that she is prioritizing what is important to her. I don't think the organization realized that being a DCC was not the be-all, end-all life-changing moment for her, although I think she did want to be there and did take it seriously. Good for her for pursuing all of her dreams, as well as good for those who do revolve their lives around the DCC. To each her own.

Her DCC profile says she's a middle school French and Spanish teacher and that she's doing her dream job. Maybe she got a promotion.

On the DCC facebook page, Cassie said she wants to be a stay-at-home mom.

DCC profile: Dream Job: Honestly, my dream “job” would be a stay-at-home mom! I’ve also always loved the video aspect of journalism, like video-editing and anything that has to do with film.

Did she ever finish school?

DCC profile: Education: Currently working on a degree in Applied Arts & Science with disciplines in Anthropology, Education, Management and Journalism

rl27rl

rl27rl

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 29, 2013 @ 2:12 PM

According to Cassie Trammell Loftin's Facebook page she left University of North Texas in 2011 . . . I guess stay at home mom is in her future since she didn't finish school. Being a DCC I thought she was suppose to be a role model for the future generations? What kind of message is she sending by not finishing in the last 6 years when her only job was being a DCC?

Edited by rl27rl, Mar 29, 2013 @ 2:12 PM.

MrsEVH

MrsEVH

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2013 @ 2:29 PM

According to Cassie Trammell Loftin's Facebook page she left University of North Texas in 2011 . . . I guess stay at home mom is in her future since she didn't finish school. Being a DCC I thought she was suppose to be a role model for the future generations? What kind of message is she sending by not finishing in the last 6 years when her only job was being a DCC?

I thought that all DCC's must HAVE a job or be a full time student. So when she was a DCC for the last 2 seasons she didn't do either? I just looked on the DCC site under auditions/rules & regulations and do not see it. Did they change it just for her?

rl27rl

rl27rl

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 29, 2013 @ 2:44 PM

I wouldn't doubt it if they changed the rules just for her. Nepotism at its finest!

MaryWebGirl

MaryWebGirl

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2013 @ 4:22 PM

I honestly don't see how any DCC could be on the squad and in show group and be a full time student expecting to graduate in 4 years. It seems like it would be much easier to do with a job with flexible hours and/or they're willing to make accommodations to say they have a DCC on staff. A professor isn't going to let you out of a midterm because you have to go do a kickline for a group of conventioneers at the airport Hyatt.

bigskygirl

bigskygirl

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2013 @ 4:53 PM

Cassie has mentioned on her twitter page she is trying to finish school, and Judy has done the same thing. I also thought Cassie has said she is taking online classes. Did she transfer to another school?

Gofightwin

Gofightwin

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 30, 2013 @ 11:04 AM

Cassie is still at the university of north Texas.

bigskygirl

bigskygirl

Fanatic

Posted Mar 30, 2013 @ 8:49 PM

Angela is engaged. Congrats!!!

Gofightwin

Gofightwin

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 30, 2013 @ 11:54 PM

Melissa is engaged. Congrats!!!

bigskygirl

bigskygirl

Fanatic

Posted Mar 31, 2013 @ 12:45 PM

A lot of the current or former DCCs are either engaged, gotten married, or having a baby.

Trisha is getting married in May? and Kandi Mahan is having a baby girl in August.

I wonder who will be the All-Star girls this summer and fall. Plus, none of the retiring girls have written a farewell blog on the DCC official website. Why keep the facebook and girl's twitter pages updated but not the website.

MrsEVH

MrsEVH

Fanatic

Posted Mar 31, 2013 @ 5:04 PM

Why keep the facebook and girl's twitter pages updated but not the website.

They still haven't posted the rest of the (meet the) rookies videos yet and the season is over. The newly updated DCC site has been a big disappointment so far.

SleepyJean

SleepyJean

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 31, 2013 @ 8:25 PM

Why keep the facebook and girl's twitter pages updated but not the website.

Because they can update facebook and twitter themselves and don't require the services of a webmaster.If they are using the Cowboys' webmaster, the DCC probably aren't his highest priority. And if they have their own webmaster, it costs money every time they make a change, so it would be a big expense to have someone constantly updating the site.

Edited by SleepyJean, Mar 31, 2013 @ 8:26 PM.

ILoveIt

ILoveIt

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 2, 2013 @ 11:49 AM

Because they can update facebook and twitter themselves and don't require the services of a webmaster.If they are using the Cowboys' webmaster, the DCC probably aren't his highest priority. And if they have their own webmaster, it costs money every time they make a change, so it would be a big expense to have someone constantly updating the site.

It would be interesting to see the business side of the DCC on the show. Like, who works there, how many assistants they have, choreographers etc..

bigskygirl

bigskygirl

Fanatic

Posted Apr 2, 2013 @ 12:12 PM

Maybe Judy could get Cassie hired to take care of the website. *whistles*

EricaShadows

EricaShadows

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 5, 2013 @ 10:32 PM

I was doing some thinking (and some calculating) about the girls who will be auditioning. We all know that most girls will not make it to the Final Audition, much less training camp. Also, we know from the last season that some of the girls don't come sufficiently prepared financially when they DO make it to Training Camp and have to scramble to make ends meet. I figured that, should someone to make it to training camp, she would need at least $10,000 to $12,000 minimum if she didn't want to work while she was in Dallas. I'll be using rounded-up numbers here so bear with me.

Look at it this way, Girl A makes it to training camp. She needs a place to live and doesn't want to have (or be) a roommate yet. Most apartment complexes (not all, but most) require a 6 month minimum lease. They also run about $1,000 to $1200 a month minimum plus approximately $250 deposit and an application fee of $30. Right there, you're looking at $6,300 to $8,000 for six months depending on which on she chooses and a third of that up front for first and last month's rent (if that's still done). She would also likely need a car to get around. There's gas at $100 a month plus insurance (if you pay only a minimum and don't get into any trouble) of about $100 a month depending on your plan. That's another $200. Then clothes, utilities, food, maintenance on the car, nails, hair, workouts with Jay, more dance classes, etc. It all adds up.

It's twice or two and a half times more expensive for a year. Girls who come in and do this on a lark or whim and expect to have someone else pay for it are asking for a HUGE let down if the cash source dries up due to illness, injury, retirement, breakup, etc.

It certainly helps if the girl works part time, though it would still be a good idea to have the backup funds.

ElectricBoogalo

ElectricBoogalo

Stalker

Posted Apr 6, 2013 @ 10:08 AM

True, but at the same time, if these girls were NOT auditioning for the DCC, wouldn't they still need to pay for rent, gas, insurance, utilities, food, etc. and have some sort of money source to pay for that anyway? I'm not saying that there's no financial commitment to audition, but these are all normal expenses that they would have regardless of whether or not they audition. Unless you're still living with your parents and/or they're financially supporting you, these are all just normal expenses for most people over the age of 18.

In the olden days (I'd say through the early 90s), girls who auditioned for pro cheerleading teams were mostly from the local area. It wasn't until the mid to late 90s when girls started flying to different cities just to audition. That meant that you didn't have to deal with finding a new place to live or a new job. And even now that it's much more common for girls to travel all over the country to audition for various NFL and NBA squads, most of them don't have the added step of going to training camp with the possibility of being cut. Usually it's a 1-2 weekend process to audition so at most you are out two weekends of flights and hotel rooms to try out and then at the end of those two weekends, you know if you are on the team or not so you aren't moving to a new town knowing that you still might get cut some time before the season begins.

DebbiePA

DebbiePA

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 6, 2013 @ 11:52 AM

I think some must have support from their parents/relatives/trust fund or something. I follow some on Twitter. Some drive a nice car, have an apartment, huge wardrobes, out to dinners with fellow DCC and then say they teach dance classes or work in a clothes store part time.

MrsEVH

MrsEVH

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2013 @ 8:21 PM

I think some must have support from their parents/relatives/trust fund or something. I follow some on Twitter. Some drive a nice car, have an apartment, huge wardrobes, out to dinners with fellow DCC and then say they teach dance classes or work in a clothes store part time.

I follow some of the Mavs dancers on Twitter and see the same thing. There's one who tried out to be a DCC, didn't make and is now a DMD. She had posted a picture of her car which is some fancy expensive black SUV (BMW or Mercedes) can't remember which. She's always flying home (she's from another state) to visit family and friends.She always talks about getting hair and nails done. Must be nice.

Edited by MrsEVH, Apr 6, 2013 @ 8:21 PM.

McGee43

McGee43

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 7, 2013 @ 4:34 PM

They also run about $1,000 to $1200 a month minimum plus approximately $250 deposit and an application fee of $30. Right there, you're looking at $6,300 to $8,000 for six months depending on which on she chooses and a third of that up front for first and last month's rent (if that's still done).

Actually, apartments in the Valley Ranch area run $600-$900 for a one bedroom, one bath apartment. If they don't mind driving a little, it can get as low as $550.

EricaShadows

EricaShadows

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 7, 2013 @ 4:50 PM

I was mentioning the money aspect because a lot of these girls seem to come in and expect other people to pay for their lifestyles in an entirely new city when they aren't working. Of course, they would likely be expected to pay for this stuff if they hadn't auditioned for the DCC, but they'd most likely be doing it from "home" (being where they came from before Dallas) and already having a job. When (or if) they move to Dallas, they likely don't have a job waiting for them and don't have a source of income other than what they brought with them and family/friends/significant others/etc. That's where I was coming from with this.

We all know that life happens and they'd better be prepared for it going into this thing. Even if apartments are lower in certain areas than I posted (which was a general idea since I don't live anywhere near Dallas), I'd expect that's going to be made up elsewhere in the budget, whether it's gas, maintenance on the car, etc. There's also the unexpected costs that's going to hit them. What about the girl who Kelly and Judy said she needed dance lessons? I don't think she was expecting to need those and she was stressing about how to pay for them since she didn't have a job and was already stressing about money. If a girl ends up with more money than she expected, that's a little more padding in the budget and a little more weight off her mind, but it's a lot harder when the budget is already strained to the max and something like that comes up to make you wonder "Now how am I going to pay for that?"

It still costs a lot to fly all over the country to audition plus some of those "weekends" are likely to be at least three days long if not more depending on when the flight gets there and when they fly out. Unless you have a VERY understanding boss, I don't know of how many places would appreciate a girl taking off that much time to audition for a sports team. Once or twice might be okay, but, depending on when the auditions are, it could be every weekend for several months.

Edited by EricaShadows, Apr 7, 2013 @ 4:54 PM.

StrawburryTarte

StrawburryTarte

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2013 @ 6:00 PM

That's why so many of these girls do this while in college (12 hours = 3 or 4 classes and considered the minimum to be fulltime most places and especially if online, easy to manage), while parents or student loans are already covering housing/food. That's also why so many do a few years and then get married, start families, or work real full-time jobs.
You just can't arrange a hospital nurse's schedule, or balance a family (wife, husband and especially children's, etc.) schedule, logistically and emotionally, around the DCC without a lot of outside help.

Edited by StrawburryTarte, Apr 7, 2013 @ 6:01 PM.

IanMoone

IanMoone

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 7, 2013 @ 7:40 PM

Not sure if anyone saw this but Cassie is pregnant.

MrsEVH

MrsEVH

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2013 @ 8:20 PM

She finally confirmed it on her twitter.

Cassie and Whitney are pregnant and so are former DCCs Brittany Evans and Kandi Mahan.

Edited by MrsEVH, Apr 7, 2013 @ 8:27 PM.

ElectricBoogalo

ElectricBoogalo

Stalker

Posted Apr 7, 2013 @ 10:28 PM

So they're all planning for their daughters to join the DCC together 18 years from now, right?

bigskygirl

bigskygirl

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2013 @ 11:43 PM

I wonder if Judy is secretly hoping for a girl so there will be a third generation DCC in the family.

I can see the next CMT DCC special with the cameras following Cassie's pregnancy and the arrival of the baby.

Kandi will be having a girl in August.

Sorenson71

Sorenson71

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 8, 2013 @ 10:00 AM

I was on Cassie's twitter page and she posted some new pics announcing her pregnancy. She didn't waste anytime showing her true self on her DCC Twitter account. I honeslty can't imagine that this pic with the beer bottles is appropriate...according to K&J. But of course it's Cassie so she can do anything. She should have posted this on her personal Twitter account.

Another few Random thoughts. I'm always on Twitter and the DCC have some great shots of their time in Cozumel this week for the calendar shoot. Looking at all of these pics you start to notice the close friendships that have formed throughout the team with some of the girls. Like Sydney and Jenna are close, or Katy and Holly (Katy was a bridesmaid in Hollys wedding). However, there is one that surprised me....Chelsea and Daniell. I thought Jasmine was Daniell's bestie, but not according to their Twitter, and Instagram accounts. It makes me wonder if CMT made them out to be closer than they really are, I'm not saying they are not friends just not BFFs.

Any thoughts???

bigskygirl

bigskygirl

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2013 @ 11:25 AM

was on Cassie's twitter page and she posted some new pics announcing her pregnancy. She didn't waste anytime showing her true self on her DCC Twitter account. I honeslty can't imagine that this pic with the beer bottles is appropriate...according to K&J.

I agree the one pic was tacky. She should not be running around being the designated driver with her husband and friends while she is pregnant. If another DCC posted pics like that, J & K would have hit the roof.

I do not care for Chelsea and Danielle too much. They seem a little too phoney for my taste. I do believe there are cliques in the group and not all the girls get along.

rl27rl

rl27rl

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 8, 2013 @ 12:20 PM

Oh, god! The ugly mean girl Cassie is reproducing! I guess she wasted no time in wanting to be a stay at home mom. She'll get her own CMT show to follow her throughout her pregnancy and birth and then all the while working at the DCC Organization for yet again another no-lipped mean girl to follow in the DCC legacy of the ugly Trammels. I just threw up! Yuck!

I hope she has a boy . . .

Edited by rl27rl, Apr 8, 2013 @ 12:30 PM.

ILoveIt

ILoveIt

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 8, 2013 @ 12:37 PM

Oh wow, those pictures from Cassie are REALLY tacky. I can't believe they are leaving them up on a cheerleader's account. This is definitely preferential treatment. Who are all those guys anyway? How strange.

Let's all hope for a boy.