Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team

• Please log in to reply

11164 replies to this topic

MrsEVH

MrsEVH

Fanatic

Posted Nov 20, 2010 @ 11:43 AM

If you want to see Kelli being owned, there was a blonde girl who was cut in season 1 who completely destroys Kelli on her own terms on the last night. Instead of getting emotional she ticks off one by one the inequity of her being cut: how she had gotten superlative reviews on her dancing and attitude in her written review, lists the areas she had improved during camp, and how she hadn't been given any warning or chance to work on her deficiencies like other girls. And to wrap it up she graciously compliments Kelli after all that and really makes Kelli look like a complete unfair mercurial ass.

I remember her; that was Elizabeth Wilcox. I don't think she ever tried out again.

The last time I remember a girl arguing with Kelli and Judy was Erica Jenkins (MTT#3) about how the judges didn't like her solo and scored her low. She was also warned about her weight.

Edited by MrsEVH, Nov 20, 2010 @ 11:54 AM.

nunuish

nunuish

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 20, 2010 @ 12:03 PM

Broken record but DANG Sasha Agent is beautiful. Also I don't know if any of you have RCN, but somehow the show "title" changed on my guide, and didn't record, but luckily I caught it and was able to record at 11:30. Just wanted to give people a heads up if they couldn't find the show on their dvr for any reason.

How delicious that the songs playing while Kitty was out were "Break Your Heart" and "Maneater". Well done producers! Annd dang, Meaghan. That made me finally like her.

Also are you kidding me? Jordan Baum is on weight probation? Also, amyuilani, I agree I didn't recognize her, but I think I liked her short haircut more!

Also re: Amy Reese, this could just be my thinking into things, but I think they edited it so we didn't see her get called into the office. Either they're going to do it like the Minchews last season, ala have Kelly explain/dismiss it quickly, or save it for the beginning of next episode. I mean, it's kind of a big deal, a vet getting cut, maybe they didn't want to rush through it at the end of the show/lump it in with the TCC cuts

amyuilani

amyuilani

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 20, 2010 @ 12:20 PM

Also re: Amy Reese, this could just be my thinking into things, but I think they edited it so we didn't see her get called into the office. Either they're going to do it like the Minchews last season, ala have Kelly explain/dismiss it quickly, or save it for the beginning of next episode. I mean, it's kind of a big deal, a vet getting cut, maybe they didn't want to rush through it at the end of the show/lump it in with the TCC cuts

In looking around through the moments when they were naming people off to come to the office, I didn't see her in the studio at all. I wonder if she was cut before that, especially if it were true that she's a party girl and they were done with her. They took her picture but she wasn't in the rehearsal with Kitty.

For some of them who really don't look like they've put on that much weight until they go to photos, why don't they retouch them? They do photoshop those pictures, and if it doesn't show in person, then do the little edit in the photo and let her keep dancing and working out with Jay. That's the healthy way to go about it without destroying egos.

Can anyone help clarify what "Weight probation" is for the DCC? Kelli said it last night and I don't know what that squad means by it. Does that mean they can't be in games until they lose the weight?

StrawburryTarte

StrawburryTarte

Fanatic

Posted Nov 20, 2010 @ 12:35 PM

Though Judy immediately saying then she shouldn't have fought for her was just ridiculously childish and petty. God forbid anyone not think the same way Judy does.

ITA - that was very petty. You know Judy will hold a grudge, like she did with the Minchew girl that came back - er, or tried to - if Liz comes back next year.

Yes, last season the Minchew sister with the title shouldn't have auditioned if she had prior responsibilities, but seriously, get over it. She said she made a mistake, so forgive her and give her another chance.

The sister who is trying to be an actress, well, she was definitely using the show as a platform, and was too obvious about it. Same reason they got rid of Nina a couple of seasons ago.

I guess you have to be more subtle, like Melissa Rycroft or Starr Spangler were, about using the DCCs as an entertainment career booster. I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting more later, but apparantly Kelli and Judy do.

Edited by TWoP Howard, Nov 20, 2010 @ 6:16 PM.
Added quote tags

IanMoone

IanMoone

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 20, 2010 @ 12:35 PM

I am honestly shocked that Meagan stood up for herself but it does make me wonder if Kitty was working with her all this time and if she told her that this was the right time for her to audition. I do think that she thought after spending time on the Dallas Stars Ice Girls, she was ready for DCC. If Judy and Kelli thought that she would still struggle, she should have been cut before training camp.

I completely understand what Liz felt. And yes, it was VERY childish of Judy to say that she shouldn't have fought for her all this time. Its almost an "you hurt me, I hurt you right back". I wonder if Judy made it right onto the squad or if she was cut the first time that she tried out. If she wasn't cut, then she has absolutely no idea what it feels like. They took Liz all the way to week 6 then they cut her. I can only imagine how that feels.

I do wonder about the Amy thing. She wasn't shown at all. Was she completely edited out and just won't be in the next episode? Are the vets going to have a reaction to it in the next episode?

The vets that gained weight are just maturing and turning into women. Wasn't Meagan Sharp 18 when she tried out? Her body is changing. She's not big by any means.

Edited by TWoP Howard, Nov 20, 2010 @ 6:11 PM.
Added spoiler bars

ThxSoMuchness

ThxSoMuchness

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 20, 2010 @ 1:14 PM

Interesting. Amy was definitely cut that night... and she was cut for other things along with her weight "issue". I don't know for sure, but I have some reasons as to why we won't see it. They did film it, I know that. In a way, I'm glad they decided to cut it out and allow her to move on with her life.

Can anyone help clarify what "Weight probation" is for the DCC? Kelli said it last night and I don't know what that squad means by it. Does that mean they can't be in games until they lose the weight?

You have to maintain your audition weight. It's slight different when you become a veteran and you've gained weight at your next audition. The last one I recall getting pulled from a game (preseason) for this was Kandi Harris.

Edited by TWoP Howard, Nov 20, 2010 @ 6:21 PM.
Added spoiler tags

StrawburryTarte

StrawburryTarte

Fanatic

Posted Nov 20, 2010 @ 1:23 PM

I completely agree that several of them, like Megan Sharp, are just maturing, and are by no means fat or out of shape. Their bodies are just changing (for the better, most men would think), and they need wardrobe adjustments. Abigail did the same thing one year, and they did mention she looked a little pudgier. She was still probably the prettiest DCC ever to exist.

I think I pick on Meredith, because she and I look exactly the same size. When I was dancing, there was nothing "safe" I could do diet and exercise wise to get that completely flat, washboard abs. I looked like her. I hated middrift costumes, because I thought I looked bigger than the girls who had different builds. We always have boobs and slim legs, but that midsection, even at its "tonedest" will never be totally flat. However......she's been smaller, and is noticiably bigger now. She's a good performer and takes being a DCC very seriously, but she did seem to get special treatment.

And I'll say it again....speaking of "maturing bodies" CASSIE IS GETTING SOME HIPS, TOO. She seems like a nice person, but there is no way, with her dance skill and average looks, that she would've made the team without her mother. Watch her on the show, and Google some of her photos from fans. She's "muffin-topping" as bad as some of the ones who were called out.

Blondie32

Blondie32

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 20, 2010 @ 2:43 PM

I also wonder if maybe this season has been the hardest on Meredith. Between her blog incident, the weight issues, and the resentment that apparently exists, she may have decided it was a good time to hang up the boots.

What blog incident?

weenerdog

weenerdog

Fanatic

Posted Nov 20, 2010 @ 2:53 PM

I think she plagerized something on her blog, or didn't cite the source; something like that.

amyuilani

amyuilani

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 20, 2010 @ 3:00 PM

She usually just posts recipes, which are very easy to plagarize. If that was her, then she got in trouble for plagarizing, had the post removed, and went back to posting the usual dribble. It looks like a good 40% of the blogs from the DCC are from her.

Megan and Kamie (who are/were both Ice Girls) both know the DCC door is shut in their faces forever. Kamie comes off a lot more bitter than Megan does because she hadn't been in training camp 3 times, but they both have valid points. Why did they have to go through all of that if Kelli and Judy already knew they were not likely to make it? Judy said during finals deliberation that Megan is still great looking but still can't do the choreography. Megan should have been cut then and there.

I wonder how it was for Megan to go home and have to live with Stephanie and Brooke after that. I wonder if Brooke can keep her mouth shut to Kelli and Judy and keep that boundary with Megan and the DCC separate. If Brooke is the Queen Bee of the DCC this season, who knows.

kacesq

kacesq

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 20, 2010 @ 3:18 PM

Now that was a drama-filled episode - one that finallly lived up to the previews. Of all the girls cut, I felt the worse for Candice (I think that's her name, the curly-haired one). I felt bad for Liz, but part of me thinks if she had been cut sooner, she would've cried in the office about not being given a chance. I didn't really have a problem with Judy's comment about "okay we wouldn't have fought for you." As for Meagan, I hope she felt wonderful spouting off to Judy and Kelli, but I don't recall Judy and Kelli dragging her off the street and forcing her to audition for a THIRD TIME. She lives with Brooke, I assume she trains with Kitty - I know they referenced it in between Audition 1 and Audition 2 and she still looks lost half the time in training camp. Anyhow, I would not be surprised to see her next season auditioning yet again.

I don't know, call me strange, I kinda like Judy and Kelli. I think - as misguided, nepostistic (is that a word?), and subjective as they seem at times - that they truly have a devotion to the "brand" and they believe their decisions are best for "the brand." This show has been on for five seasons; I think the girls trying out have to have an inkling what they're in for...

StrawburryTarte

StrawburryTarte

Fanatic

Posted Nov 20, 2010 @ 3:32 PM

Hadn't Justine been warned about weight gain?

Crystal

Crystal

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 20, 2010 @ 3:35 PM

I really don't think Kelli and Judy ever intended to put Meghan on the squad, but I still wasn't impressed with her lecture to Kelli. She kept claiming that she worked harder than anyone, and gave her whole life to the DCC...to me, she just sounded like a spoiled brat.

Sometimes it just doesn't matter how hard you work at something. Judy (I think) made the point that Meghan practices all the time, and she still isn't getting it. That makes me feel sad for Meghan, but the fact of the matter is that talent plays a part, too. I could practice free throws all day, but I'll never be in the WNBA.

I do feel bad for Meghan though, because I think she was brought back for the drama and not because they wanted to give her another shot. I hope once the sting wears off she can make peace with it and realize she's better off.

beezer

beezer

Stalker

Posted Nov 20, 2010 @ 4:18 PM

I really don't think Kelli and Judy ever intended to put Meghan on the squad, but I still wasn't impressed with her lecture to Kelli. She kept claiming that she worked harder than anyone, and gave her whole life to the DCC...to me, she just sounded like a spoiled brat.

Totally agree.

Given we saw Judy and Kelly discussing that she has worked hard and tried, I think they could have ameliorated a lot of her vitriol had they immediately acknowledged that and, as they did with Rachel, just said it wasn't a good fit or whatever.

Maybe it wouldn't have helped, as girl was piiiissed, but had they said like 'we know you've worked incredibly hard, we really admire your dedication (to... cheerleading, ahem), you've done everything we asked of you and more, BUT...' I think she'd have been less angry and hurt.

Same with Liz - I think they started doing that, when Kelly said they had made a mistake asking her to lose it too quickly for it to be possible, but then came the waterworks and it all went to hell. They could have redirected it though and gone with that she now has much better stuff to practice, a much better idea of the way it runs and what goes into it and can tone up (starve her giant, jiggling, offensive, horrifying-to-look-at fat gut and ass and get some lipo [which I think would've likely been her best bet in the first place if the swelling would have gone down enough in a couple weeks]) over the season and try again next year, unless she gets something more... substantial to do.

MsTaken

MsTaken

Stalker

Posted Nov 20, 2010 @ 4:19 PM

This show has made me realize that I must have some sort of visual impairment, because I swear to you guys that I can't tell the difference between the girls who supposedly 'need' to lose weight vs the ones who apparently have the ideal DCC figure.

Not to get all 'rah rah girl power', but I'm really troubled by a group (and, by extension, a show about said group) which deems some of THOSE thin, toned girls 'too fat' for...anything.

I get that this is just a goofy 'reality' show, but the way they're all "yeah, you're one of the most talented people here with a perfect attitude and work ethic, but you don't look QUITE emaciated enough and hence just aren't good enough for us" is really NOT the message I'd like to see conveyed to any young girl I care about.

But, just to prove that I CAN be shallow and superficial, I should confess that I'm a little relieved to see Courtney go purely because I can't bear to look at her distractingly awful hair. ;)

ETA: who knew spacey, dopey Meghan Flaherty was so tough and (relatively) articulate?! I'm torn between thinking she came off as petulant and entitled while also being more than glad to see someone---anyone---knock Kelli and Judy down to size rather than gushing all over them with the obsequious "yes m'am, you sure are gorgeous, m'am, and also right about every single thing you ever say, m'am" stuff.

Edited by MsTaken, Nov 20, 2010 @ 4:23 PM.

MrsEVH

MrsEVH

Fanatic

Posted Nov 20, 2010 @ 4:27 PM

The sister who is trying to be an actress, well, she was definitely using the show as a platform, and was too obvious about it. Same reason they got rid of Nina a couple of seasons ago.

I thought Nina was cut because she didn't/couldn't learn the DCC style of dance. I remember she begged Kelli not to cut her but I don't think she argued with her about it.

Gingi

Gingi

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 20, 2010 @ 4:37 PM

Although she was a bit petulant, yeah, I totally enjoyed watching Megan unleash on Judy and Kelli. And I still wonder if she was led to believe by someone in the organization that this would (finally) be her year. All season long I wondered if she was "phoning it in" because she knew she could.

Crystal

Crystal

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 20, 2010 @ 4:38 PM

MsTaken, I agree that it's troubling. I personally struggled with eating disorders when I was the same age as these girls, and I would have been devastated by being cut from a "dance" team not because of my talent, but because of my weight. I found myself worried about Elizabeth after they cut her. She's beautiful, and personally, I would kill to have her figure.

On one hand, I feel like the girls subject themselves to this kind of scrutiny when they audition, and they know that weight is part of the process. It's not a secret that they are expected to be thin. On the other hand, Kelli and Judy make the whole "the uniform is unforgiving" argument every year...but the uniform has become considerably more revealing over the years. I would have to think that K and J have a say in that. Can they really keep blaming the uniform when they are the ones deciding to make the uniform smaller and smaller?

I really think if Kelli and Judy believe a girl is too heavy at finals, they shouldn't even take her into training camp. Putting that much pressure on a girl to lose weight in a few weeks seems almost guaranteed to lead to some unhealthy behavior.

beezer

beezer

Stalker

Posted Nov 20, 2010 @ 5:05 PM

On one hand, I feel like the girls subject themselves to this kind of scrutiny when they audition, and they know that weight is part of the process. It's not a secret that they are expected to be thin. On the other hand, Kelli and Judy make the whole "the uniform is unforgiving" argument every year...but the uniform has become considerably more revealing over the years. I would have to think that K and J have a say in that. Can they really keep blaming the uniform when they are the ones deciding to make the uniform smaller and smaller?

I noticed when Kitty was there and made the comment about some of the girls' weight, she mentioned the shorts were 4", which makes clear Kelly was absolutely lying when she was on about 6 or 7" length in those things. Not that seeing them wasn't enough to know but... so if the sides are 4", the rise is what, 2"? Two and a half? Insane.

I agree pretending they don't fit in the shorts when the shorts only fit such teeny people is kind of silly. I did see, when the camera was focusing on Liz' midsection, that she was jiggly and when she bent over, there was a bit of a pooch that hung down.

It's a societal thing, and a very specifically narrow societal thing (in that there are some ethnic groups in the same American culture that traditionally don't have the same feeling about/'standards' about weight on women) that having a bit of jiggle to the midsection or a visible pooch when bent double and unclothed is undesirable. However, they do know it going in and I don't see how you don't spend time in front of a mirror or with friends bending and jumping around while wearing the smallest thing possible to see if you are their idea of toned if you're thinking of trying out for this mess.

I did wonder, when she bent over, if, if the shorts band rose an inch higher, it'd have prevented the pooching. Same as when they moved the blonde into larger shorts at the photo shoot to kill the 'muffin top,' and then she was criticized for having to change shorts. Either the new ones fit her and she looked fine or, again, no one should ever wear the larger-sized shorts, in which case, why are there larger-sized shorts, Kelly?

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Nov 20, 2010 @ 6:40 PM

Hello, all. Several you have posted spoilers without spoiler tags. While Iíve gone through and given warnings and edited the spoiler tags in, I canít change the fact that other posters have been spoiled through no fault of their own.

Since thereís a pinned post at the top of every page reminding all of us of the board rules (which you all should know anyway if youíre posting here), I donít understand why this is happening. If you know spoilers, you need to keep that in mind while youíre posting. Any results you know but didnít see on the show need to be under spoiler tags.

To those of you who have been following the rules, thank you. Sorry for the interruption.

MrsEVH

MrsEVH

Fanatic

Posted Nov 20, 2010 @ 6:44 PM

I wonder how they're going to explain Amy's "departure" from the squad. It seems like they tried not to show her that much. We haven't seen the clip where she says "they've never cut a vet before". There's also more TCs to be cut: Paula T., Brittany S., Katelynn J.,and Mandy C. did not make the squad.

Edited by MrsEVH, Nov 20, 2010 @ 7:20 PM.

Christie L

Christie L

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 20, 2010 @ 6:55 PM

I'm a little relieved to see Courtney go purely because I can't bear to look at her distractingly awful hair.

I prefer curls/waves over spaghetti hair (*cough*Cassie*cough*), but... yeah. A better hair cut would work wonders for Courtney.

Yeah Megan! When Judy said something about her attitude I was thinking, "Hell yeah, she's got an attitude! You biddies have been fucking with her head and she's pissed!" Just tell her she will never have whatever it is they are looking for and not to try out again.

I rarely see the "fat" that K&J see. The arm pooch whatsherface had was probably because her bra top was too tight. And the horrible sleeves on the uniform would cover it up anyway. ???

amyuilani

amyuilani

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 20, 2010 @ 8:05 PM

For anyone who is considering trying out in the future, I hope they spend time watching this show and will put themselves into every TCC's shoes, and really be ready for what they will be told. With few exceptions, there is nothing the TCC's are being told this season that has not been said in previous seasons. Every season someone's body is not right for the uniform, even though they're arguably the best dancers in the room (remember Victoria?), or someone's style doesn't mesh with theirs (Megan Martinez). Every future auditionee needs to imagine themselves as cut for weight, cut for dance style, cut first, and cut the night before the first game. I love Megan unloading on Kelli, but in the grand scheme of things, there was always the likelihood she'd be cut a third time.

kalibean

kalibean

Fanatic

Posted Nov 20, 2010 @ 9:51 PM

I prefer curls/waves over spaghetti hair (*cough*Cassie*cough*), but... yeah. A better hair cut would work wonders for Courtney.

I think some length would make the biggest difference and just weigh the curls down a bit. I bet she has gorgeous updos, but her hair just doesn't look quite "finished" to me in a way I can't explain. I completely love curly hair and wish mine wasn't so flat and straight, but her particular curls weren't doing it for me. I have two coworkers with the most amazing curly hair, and both Courtney (and stripper Brandy who had really fine hair) haven't managed the best techniques for their hair type. IMO. I think natural hair is amazing, but it takes the right combo of product, styling and cut to get it right.

As for the fleshier girls...eh, it doesn't really bother me that they are getting picked on by Kelli and Judy. For one, you know what you're in for. And two, the DCC seem to prefer an athletic build over a a curvy build most of the time, though of course there are exceptions. I don't think athletic builds are emaciated - I just think they're athletic. Not everyone can get their body to have that sleek appearance, and that's okay, but that doesn't mean they have a body that Judy and Kelli think look great in the uniform. I did think that Liz had an opportunity to tone up, though, and perhaps dropping just five pounds through healthy eating, weight training and cardio would have made a difference. Cutting out alcohol and refined/processed foods can make a big difference when you're practically naked and jumping around for an audience.

melster

melster

Just Tuned In

Posted Nov 20, 2010 @ 9:57 PM

Can someone who is in the know please tell me why Amy got cut? I read back a ways and see that it might be because she is a partier or gained weight, but I am wondering if there is a story there? Does anyone know? It always seemed like she was one of the quiet ones that didn't get into trouble but perhaps that was not the case. I am just wondering what a previous poster meant by saying maybe they were just going to let her move along with her life etc...

bigskygirl

bigskygirl

Fanatic

Posted Nov 20, 2010 @ 9:58 PM

The problem was that Meagan F. made it into training camp three times was because she had the Julia Roberts look going for her and not because of her so called dancing skills.

I can see her point of view of making it into training camp then being told you are a beautiful girl but your style of dance does not match our needs.

Even Judy admitted that she did not have what it takes to be on the team while the judges decided who would make it into camp so why was Meagan even considered.

Courtney Cook was another one that was brought into training camp because of her looks.

Liz is a beautiful girl and quite honestly look more healthier and cuter than some of the vets.

And Judy and Kelli could not tell that some of the vets had weight issues before the solo photo shoot. *rolling eyes*

Edited by bigskygirl, Nov 20, 2010 @ 10:00 PM.

weenerdog

weenerdog

Fanatic

Posted Nov 20, 2010 @ 10:18 PM

Some Things I Think I Think:

This show has made me realize that I must have some sort of visual impairment, because I swear to you guys that I can't tell the difference between the girls who supposedly 'need' to lose weight vs the ones who apparently have the ideal DCC figure.

ē My big clue is washboard abs. Natalie Woods from a couple seasons ago had washboard abs.

ē I think K/J bring in Megan just to cut her for dramatic effect. She is a pawn in their game.

ē Do the girls get a cut of any of the merchandise (mugs, mousepads, calendars, etc.) that bear their likeness? I have the feeling they have to sign their lives away on that deal.

Cocola

Cocola

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 20, 2010 @ 10:20 PM

Dancing alone won't get you the athletic body you need for a uniform like that. You really need to be pretty muscular and lean. It's not hard to achieve in a healthy way, especially when you're in your early to mid 20's. The girls getting called in are probably eating the average American diet and not doing any other exercise than dancing.

I feel bad, though, for girls like Meagan S. who start when they're 18. There's no way you can keep that teenage body going. Abigail had the same problem as she got older.

beezer

beezer

Stalker

Posted Nov 20, 2010 @ 10:45 PM

ē Do the girls get a cut of any of the merchandise (mugs, mousepads, calendars, etc.) that bear their likeness? I have the feeling they have to sign their lives away on that deal.

I'm sure they don't get anything from it as their images in the DCC gear likely belong to the DCC. That doesn't bother me, as Derek Jeter doesn't get a piece of shirts with his name or pic or etc., on them for the same reason.

StrawburryTarte

StrawburryTarte

Fanatic

Posted Nov 20, 2010 @ 10:50 PM

Courtney did not have a pretty face and had a very "stringly" athletic figure, IMO. She annoyed the crap out of me, and I wish they had toned down that cheap bleach job on the makeover episode.

Is Meagan Fox still assistant choreographer? I haven't seen her at all this season. Love her hair, and she's an awesome dancer.