Next Week On...: The CW Site's Opening Scenes (SPOILERY)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

4356 replies to this topic

Couch Baron

Couch Baron

Fanatic

Posted Nov 11, 2005 @ 2:35 PM

Post only about the opening scene from the next episode up on UPN's site. No tags, please.

Lolabadola

Lolabadola

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 11, 2005 @ 2:57 PM

Yay! Thank you for this thread, CB.

I have only to say, I love the shout out to the bathroom make-out scene from last year.

ETA: I agree it's odd Duncan was going through Meg's emails. I'm hoping for some sort of payoff on the mystery of Duncan and Meg... soon.

The oddest thing of all, for me, is the intensity of Duncan's reaction to the email. I've never seen Duncan so animated. Scary.

And WORD to putting the kibosh on V/D sex/make-outage. Logan to the rescue!!

Edited by Lolabadola, Nov 11, 2005 @ 3:03 PM.

desperatewm

desperatewm

Fanatic

• Interests:Video podcasting, writing, blogging, running, reading, watching television, and obsessing about the entertainment industry.

Posted Nov 11, 2005 @ 2:57 PM

Yay! A place of our very own!

I agree whole-heartedly with the idea that Duncan was looking though Meg's emails for a reason. Invasion of privacy, much? I mean, I can totally understand Veronica looking... she is a PI, and a nosy little thing to boot. But Duncan? His motives are highly suspect here. I hope Veronica takes a moment to think about this, that's all I'm saying. WHY did Duncan accidentally end up reading Meg's emails in the first place? How do you kinda sorta download files and end up reading private emails? Please, Donut. You are SO Up To Something.

As for the bathroom scene, I thought Logan looked crushed when Veronica didn't appear interested in helping him. His "Why would you, right?" about broke my heart. Veronica's too, hopefully. I imagine that the Logan we are seeing now is a bit more confident in that he really does know Veronica isn't as indifferent to him as she wants to be, but it still must have been terribly difficult to ask Veronica for help. She dumped him when he needed her before, right? Asking Veronica for help was ballsy, I'll give him that. Never underestimate the size of that boy's cajones, y'all.

But I don't think it is all about getting Veronica back. I think Logan honestly believes that she can help him. He believes in her skills as a PI. Up to this Sneak Peek I would have said that Duncan was clueless, looking at Veronica's little "cases" as a cute little hobby, and that Logan was the only one to respect and appreciate her prowess as a PI, but it looks like Duncan wants her help, too. Damn it. There goes that theory.

And I LOVE that Logan just plops down next to V and D to watch The Big Lebowski. Hilarious. Kibosh the VD sex, Logan! Kibosh the hell out of it! Stalk her good, boy.

What? Hmm... Anyway, I think this abuse thing will have to lead back to Duncan's and Meg's secret somehow. Any thoughts?

Edited by desperatewm, Nov 11, 2005 @ 3:05 PM.

gymble

gymble

Fanatic

Posted Nov 11, 2005 @ 3:01 PM

I love the shout out to the bathroom make-out scene from last year.

Me too. I think Logan was nostalgic for the past and was trying to soften Veronica up. Unfortunately for him, she interpreted it as yet another sexual snark. Her coldness to him was painful to watch. At least she turned around once she realized how hurt he was though.

Logan's pretty smart to have known that an "Out of Order" sign on the bathroom door would ensure that Veronica would investigate. He seems to really understand her.

WHY did Duncan accidentally end up reading Meg's emails in the first place?

I'm sure that there's some secret either about Duncan or between Duncan and Meg that he was looking for. He must have just stumbled across the abuse thing. The VMVO about her "honest" boyfriend put up a huge red flag for me. Duncan must be hiding something.

Am I the only one imagining Veronica trying to have a conference with Logan and Duncan simultaneously in the hotel room? I foresee some great awkward moments. I'm particularly interested in what Logan's reaction will be to Veronica investigating a case of abuse.

And thanks, CB.

Edited by gymble, Nov 11, 2005 @ 3:06 PM.

BostonsKrissy

BostonsKrissy

Fanatic

Posted Nov 11, 2005 @ 3:04 PM

Logan's pretty smart to have known that an "Out of Order" sign on the bathroom door would ensure that Veronica would investigate. He seems to really understand her.

I think it also says something that he spent the time to go on the computer and print the sign out, rather than just scribbling on a random piece of scrap paper. Having that up, then just waiting for Veronica took planning.

Hah, something our Donut is sometimes not capable of doing.

desperatewm

desperatewm

Fanatic

• Interests:Video podcasting, writing, blogging, running, reading, watching television, and obsessing about the entertainment industry.

Posted Nov 11, 2005 @ 3:09 PM

In all fairness to Duncan, he DID have a freaking fortune cookie tailor-made. Dork. But I give Logan points for creativity! And he is so adorable when he reminds her of their time together... making out and whatnot... Aww! How can she resist? I bet there is actually more to their conversation. UPN tends to cut up the Sneak Peek, I've noticed. But this one was a little longer than usual. Hmm... I kind of hope there WAS more to it.

Lolabadola

Lolabadola

Loyal Viewer

I think Logan was nostalgic for the past and was trying to soften Veronica up.

He looked both shy and happy when talking about it... pretty heartbreaking. Veronica, did you ever give a rat's ass about Logan?

I'm in the black about the Meg/Duncan mystery. I just know I want more clues, STAT.

Did it bother anyone else that Duncan simply took the remote from Veronica and turned off the movie? I guess I'm just tired of Duncan's I'm the man attitude... thus, I thought the "Veronica, you need to quit being the dude" comment worked on more than one level. Get a clue, Duncan, V is the Dude.

gymble

gymble

Fanatic

Having that up, then just waiting for Veronica took planning.

Clearly Logan put a lot of thought into how to best approach Veronica for help. That's why he brought up their previous bathroom encounter - he was trying to get on her good side by talking about happier times.

Did it bother anyone else that Duncan simply took the remote from Veronica and turned off the movie?

It bothered me. On the other hand, people who talk during movies annoy me. I had a HoYay! moment when Duncan said "kinda" to whether stoner-bowler guys appealed to him. Veronica and Duncan were irritating instead of cute in this scene. I was so happy when Logan broke it up.

Edited by gymble, Nov 11, 2005 @ 3:12 PM.

desperatewm

desperatewm

Fanatic

Posted Nov 11, 2005 @ 3:11 PM

Get a clue, Duncan, V is the Dude.

Hee, Lolabadola! You fuuuuuuh-nee!

TulaneGina

TulaneGina

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 11, 2005 @ 3:12 PM

Pulling this quote over from the earlier thread:

, the Out of Order sign is totally the Veronica Bat Signal!

I don't know who TPTB are in this deparment - but can we please have this as a NoN shirt? Pretty please, with Logan and Lamb sprinkles on top? (And no, I'm not too proud to admit I only thought of this after seeing the Team Logan shirt suggestion in another thread)

I'm totally on board with the "why did Donut download Meg's files and start looking through her emails" bandwagon. Although I still want to know why Lizzie left the files with him in the first place.

Did anyone else notice Logan's gestures when he's talking about Veronica's legs around his waist? So boyishly cute and not the usual over-the-top gestures we're used to from him. I think that definitely tells us something about his emotions right there.

And thanks for this thread, CB! Its so great to be able to discuss this without all the spoiler tags!

gymble

gymble

Fanatic

Posted Nov 11, 2005 @ 3:16 PM

Although I still want to know why Lizzie left the files with him in the first place.

I assumed that she just didn't trust her ability to successfully hide something from her parents. Speaking of which, what are Duncan and Veronica doing in Meg's room in the preview? Looking for more clues on the abuse case?

Maka

Maka

Stalker

Posted Nov 11, 2005 @ 3:16 PM

Her coldness to him was painful to watch. At least she turned around once she realized how hurt he was though.

See, I don't think she was cold toward him. Certainly not as rude as she was when she showed up in his bedroom in CCBB, or when she mistook him for Duncan on the sofa last epi. I think in the bathroom scene she seems like she's back to how she used to handle him mid S1 like when they were searching for his mom. Not friendly, but like they have an upspoken truce not to be enemies.

And I agree that Duncan reading Meg's emails was suspect. I don't know what he's up to, but I feel like he's up to something. Of course, I'm biased since Duncan creeps me the hell out.

Pixigal

Pixigal

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 11, 2005 @ 3:20 PM

Count me in as happy Logan broke up the VD mackage also. Veronica and her pouty lip voice for Duncan was causing me to avert my eyes. And one should never avert their eyes from The Big Lebowski. Now if Logan had only timed that a little better we could have avoided the kiss altogther.

I loved the soft levels in Logan's voice in the bathroom. He uses his voice like a master pianist and is always able to find the right range to convey what he is feeling. The hope, the pain, the past happiness, the longing were all there in his voice levels.

Oh and I want a Veronica Bat signal t-shirt too. Hee, hee.

jbra

jbra

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 11, 2005 @ 3:23 PM

Thanks for the thread, CB!

Obviously, I like the Bat Signal t-shirt idea! But that's because I'm a meglomaniac.

I did notice the Logan gestures; he looked very vulnerable in that whole scene, even when he was trying to bait Veronica. Sigh.

Man, so if Meg's dad is an abuser, I feel extra bad for Meg. Psychologically tormented, then dumped, and in a coma. The suspense is killing me. I hope we still see a lot of Veronica working on Logan's case though. As much as I care for the fictional abused children, I don't want to go back into Jason Dohring screentime withdrawal.

TulaneGina

TulaneGina

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 11, 2005 @ 3:23 PM

Jason Dohring screentime withdrawal

So that condition I had does have a name...

gymble

gymble

Fanatic

Posted Nov 11, 2005 @ 3:27 PM

See, I don't think she was cold toward him.

Her "Really? Could I?" felt pretty cold to me. Logan looked so hurt in the scene. He needs a hug.

Also, what's up with Woody being so desperate to get Keith back in law enforcement? Does he really like Keith that much? Me thinks he's up to something.

I don't think that Meg's dad is the abuser. We very clearly see scenes at some random house with a blond haired woman as a parent.

livewire

livewire

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 11, 2005 @ 3:35 PM

Hooray for this thread! The opening scenes are the only "spoilers" I do.

So, the preview the other night for this ep looked awful to me, but this opening scene has now made me excited for next week!

I was bothered after RSG that Veronica didn't seem to care at all about Logan's arrest (except for the initial reaction at the party), but in the episode thread people seemed to think that she would come to his aid if he needed it and asked for it. But this intro shows that's not really the case.

I understand if she wants to be pissed at him or act like she is because she has feelings for him or whatever, but her refusing to help him out when he's been accused of a murder that she believes he didn't commit ... that seems pretty cold to me.

Meadra

Meadra

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 11, 2005 @ 3:37 PM

Thanks, Couch Baron, for this badly needed thread. I love to watch the opening scenes but don't want to go into the spoilers thread because I don't want to know anything else.

On topic...I found it rather strange that Veronica was watching the movie and quoting along as Duncan was kissing her neck. In fact, at first I thought that Duncan had fallen asleep on her in a very ackward positon and she had turned on the tv to try to wake him up.

Loved Logan plopping down on the couch. I've so done that (not to my ex and his new girlfriend but) to stop the people I'm supposed to be with from making out.

ETA: Apparently, Duncan knows more about Veronica's activities than we thought or else he wouldn't have asked for her help in finding the abused kid or just brushed off Veronica and Logan coming out of the unoccupied girls' bathroom.

Edited by Meadra, Nov 11, 2005 @ 4:03 PM.

rose marie

rose marie

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 11, 2005 @ 3:40 PM

I LOVE that Logan breaks up the make-out between Duncan and Veronica and just sits down on the couch with them, ready to watch the movie. This is just what I was looking forward to now that Logan's living with Duncan! Hilarious awkwardness. Plus I just like the idea of the three of them becoming friends again. And I'll never say no to any situation that causes more Logan/Veronica interaction.

Which brings me to the bathroom scene. Awesome! Logan is so snarky asshole mixed with little lost boy that it's adorable. And I love how V just cuts through his shit and asks what he wants. Hee! And, aw, she gave in at the end.

TD was giving some good acting in that scene! He seemed so affected and emotional. I like.

I also think it's fantastically funny that Veronica's gonna spend the episode balancing Logan's case with Duncan's. Now all she needs is for Weevil to pull her into the auto-shop classroom and ask her to help him with this whole eviction thing. Once V knows about Weevil burning Logan's house down and Logan's retaliation tactics (if she doesn't know already), I predict whole new levels of awkwardness and tension.

Damn, I adore this show!

calalily

calalily

Couch Potato

• Interests:my dog, trail mix, choir

Posted Nov 11, 2005 @ 3:42 PM

Great thread. Let me know if I should be asking somewhere else, but could someone post a link to the video on here? I can get to the UPN site and load it up, but the video doesn't play for me - I'm assuming because I'm at work and there are firewall issues and things. I can play most files that are posted on TWoP, but I can't play the videos off UPN's site for some reason. The preview sounds intriguing!

ETA: I've tried all the suggestions - going in to Real Player and choosing File-open, entering in the link... It still isn't working for me! *sigh*

Edited by calalily, Nov 11, 2005 @ 6:16 PM.

lapdogdesign

lapdogdesign

Posted Nov 11, 2005 @ 4:06 PM

Darnit! I had a well-thought out post that just got eaten.

LOVE Logan plopping down on the couch RIGHT NEXT to Veronica, like they're all buddies or something. He's not being a dick about getting in the way of the V/D love, he's just THERE. ALL THE TIME. As Plankton would say, in his most evil voice, "I LOVE IT!"

As a shipper, I enjoyed the reference to the bathroom makeout scene from S1. I have rewatched that a zillion times. (Mmmm...physics.) And I second the request for an Out of Order NoN shirt.

And like Pixigal, I loved Jason's softer voice levels in this new bathroom scene. Awww. He's not intimidated by her since the Kendall argument -- V and L really seem to be on the same level now, not like Duncan who she always dumbs down for. He's more confident with her, because now he knows she's not indifferent to him. I love it.

I wonder if Veronica will have time to investigate Logan's siutuation with manic Duncan pulling her into this child abuse case. I think our nosy Veronica would have looked into Logan's arrest last week (if only to answer questions like, "What new evidence do they have to rearrest Logan? Was I right in believing him when he said he didn't do it?") if she hadn't been wrapped up in the Amelia DeLongpre whirlwind.

When Logan asked V to investigate his mother's death/disappearance, didn't it take her a few episodes to resolve that? I think we'll see a few MOTWs resolved before Logan's witness and his lies/motivation are exposed.

I don't think that Meg's dad is the abuser. We very clearly see scenes at some random house with a blond haired woman as a parent.

Gymble, I think that Mr. Manning could be the abuser. My theory is that the Random Blonde Parent is one of Meg's former babysitting clients that Veronica goes undercover to investigate. When she finds no abuse, she and Duncan sneak into Meg's room to look for more info, but are discovered by psycho Mr. Manning. I think he'll spill some dark secret of Duncan and Meg's while threatening them with that bat. And maybe reveal himself as the mental abuser to the little sister with the black eyes. Or there could be ANOTHER unknown sibling living in a cage in the basement or something.

And about the Woody/Keith scene, on the other thread, another poster mentioned the class war playing right into Woody's desire for the rich part of Neptune to become its own city, with twice the police protection, while excluding those 'dangerous have-nots'. When I saw that scene, I thought, "Aaah. Now it all makes sense." But of course, given that this is RT land, it's much more complicated than that.

Edited by lapdogdesign, Nov 11, 2005 @ 4:12 PM.

Grace06

Grace06

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 11, 2005 @ 4:07 PM

I'm so glad this thread is here, I love watching the opening scene but dont read any other spoilers.

I thought the Duncan/Veronica scene on the couch watching the movie was cute. Of course, I'm one of the few who likes those two together. It was funny when Logan walked in and just plopped down on the couch. I'm so glad he and Duncan are friends again. They're so cute.

Hmmm I bet Woody is up to something.

The Logan and Veronica scene in the bathroom was interesting. I think he was being a bit of a jackass because its hard to break a habit, but he also really wanted her help. Aww that face he made after she said no made me want to hug him. I dont think Veronica owes him anything though and understood why she declined at first. Although, again, I also think that her reasons for breaking up with him in the first place were completely valid and I would do the same thing. No matter how much I love Logan. He is a jackass. Those two do have crazy chemistry but I dont think they should be together right now.

I'm really interested in this abuse storyline. That was Meg's father with the bat right? I dont really see the problem with Duncan looking through the files because I'm betting that there was stuff in there that he knew about since there seemed to be some huge secret between him and Meg. He doesnt seem to be the nosy type like Veronica so I believe that it was an accident finding the emails. Hee I think its funny that Veronica's cases are for Duncan and Logan. I also wonder what Logan's reaction will be if he finds out about the abuse.

YuppieLawyer

YuppieLawyer

Stalker

Posted Nov 11, 2005 @ 4:21 PM

I don't really think Logan was being sweet and nostalgic when he referenced their bathroom makeout session. He didn't say something about them having fun or meeting there under better circumstances in the past. He said that she had her legs wrapped around his waist--he's reducing their "relationship" to a physical/sexual one, and that understandably doesn't endear him to her. I'm not sure why he thought she would respond positively to his request with that opening. Once he acted hurt, she did agree to help. Honestly, I think Veronica is only treating Logan so coldly because he is in full armor when he is with her. I think that if he were willing to be the honest and vulnerable person he was with her when they were together, she would be happy to be his friend again. But when all he does is snark at her, what is she supposed to do? I'm not saying that I don't understand why, given the way she dumped his ass, Logan doesn't want to be open and vulnerable with her. But I do understand Veronica's reaction.

bogan444

bogan444

Posted Nov 11, 2005 @ 4:24 PM

I was bothered after RSG that Veronica didn't seem to care at all about Logan's arrest (except for the initial reaction at the party), but in the episode thread people seemed to think that she would come to his aid if he needed it and asked for it.

If you watch the clip again, she does have a reaction immediately after he says that he was arrested. It's sort of a pouty, ashamed look. But she reverts back to her tough girl routine right after that.

Black LeBaron

Black LeBaron

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 11, 2005 @ 4:25 PM

Veronica's turning down Logan's request for help seemed very reasonable to me. When someone else who had been antagonistic to V (Jackie) suddently asked her for help, well, it didn't turn out too great. Once burned, twice shy.

Bspalek

Bspalek

Fanatic

Posted Nov 11, 2005 @ 4:29 PM

I loved the cold opening. Veronica and Duncan were cute together in that first scene. I still think Duncan is an evil sociopath, but Veronica was really cute in that scene, with the lips and the "dude" voice. I think she is trying really hard to be happy with him.

As for the Logan Veronica scene. I can see both sides.

I think they are both playing cold and keeping each other at arms distance so as not to let themselves get hurt. Logan because he is in love with her and she is with his best friend, and has broken his heart more than once. And Veronica because I think her feelings for Logan scare the crap out of her. I think she gets pissed off around him because (as Logan hit on the head, IMO) she is trying so hard to remain indifferent to him, but she just can't. And it frustrates the hell out of her.

Edited by Bspalek, Nov 11, 2005 @ 4:36 PM.

lagalleta

lagalleta

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 11, 2005 @ 4:40 PM

On topic...I found it rather strange that Veronica was watching the movie and quoting along as Duncan was kissing her neck. In fact, at first I thought that Duncan had fallen asleep on her in a very ackward positon and she had turned on the tv to try to wake him up.

I also thought that it was a really awkward scene - it looked like Duncan was chewing on her hair or something and she was completely ignoring him like you would a cat or dog that is bothering you and you just pretend they are not there while you continue with what you are doing. Weird - luckily we have Logan to the rescue to break it up.

Anhiaka

Anhiaka

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 11, 2005 @ 4:52 PM

What happened after Logan sat down on the couch is what interested me the most about that scene. She rewound the movie so he could watch one of the scenes. It seemed kind of sweet to me.

But then, with my crappy connection, I couldn't really see her facial expression, so it may have been annoyance/resignation rather than sweetness.

gymble

gymble

Fanatic

Posted Nov 11, 2005 @ 4:56 PM

It seemed kind of sweet to me

It seemed more like resignation to me. I was half expecting Duncan to toss Logan back out, but that would involve confrontation and we know that Duncan never confronts anyone if he doesn't have to. I love that Logan plopped down right next to Veronica when there was a whole lot more couch. He loves getting in her personal space. He always passes by a bit too close to her.

newfan

newfan

Posted Nov 11, 2005 @ 4:59 PM

Thanks Couch Baron - you the man. This is, as posted many times, just what we need for discussing these clips to our heart's delight without venturing into the "serious" spoiler threads. I'm as happy as a leetle girl.

One thing I loved was V calling Donut and saying (apparently he hasn't been in school): "Are you sick? Or am I going to see you singing Twist and Shout on a parade float?" Heee! Ferris Bueller shout-out!

And I also love the "Out of Order". Oh Logan, I heart you so verrily.

I loved the soft levels in Logan's voice in the bathroom. He uses his voice like a master pianist and is always able to find the right range to convey what he is feeling. The hope, the pain, the past happiness, the longing were all there in his voice levels.

JD amazes.

But I hate the rest. I hate how sad Logan sounds with the "I thought we were gonna spend more time together" and I HATE how he humbles himself to come ask her for help (which, imo, she should already have offered) - and she is just ice to him.

I thought Logan looked crushed when Veronica didn't appear interested in helping him. His "Why would you, right?" about broke my heart.

Me too.

Me too. I think Logan was nostalgic for the past and was trying to soften Veronica up. Unfortunately for him, she interpreted it as yet another sexual snark. Her coldness to him was painful to watch.

Exactly.

He looked both shy and happy when talking about it... pretty heartbreaking. Veronica, did you ever give a rat's ass about Logan?

Again, exactly.

I also hate V's babytalk ("These lips?") with Donut. It makes me have to bleach my brain.

I LOVE that Logan breaks up the make-out between Duncan and Veronica and just sits down on the couch with them, ready to watch the movie. This is just what I was looking forward to now that Logan's living with Duncan! Hilarious awkwardness. Plus I just like the idea of the three of them becoming friends again. And I'll never say no to any situation that causes more Logan/Veronica interaction.

Yes, okay, that is another thing I loved. He wasn't all: "Oh excuse me, I'll leave you two alone." He just sat right down to be included. Awww.

Edited by newfan, Nov 11, 2005 @ 5:02 PM.