Bones

• Please log in to reply

18876 replies to this topic

nexus2012

nexus2012

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 4:14 AM

Which is really annoying because those of us from outside the US can't get Hulu!

Can't say I'm surprised by any of those mild spoilers.

SnarkySheep

SnarkySheep

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 1:07 PM

Anyone know if the B/B baby is actually going to stay a baby, or is Brennan going to give birth this spring and in the fall we'll have a toddler?

Willowsmom

Willowsmom

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 11:26 PM

Fox has announced that Bones will be ending it's run this year. The series will end May 14.

WedgeOfSpite

WedgeOfSpite

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 11:42 PM

Fox has announced that Bones will be ending it's run this year. The series will end May 14.

That's unexpected. know the season finale is May 14, but hadn't heard that it was going to be the series finale. Where was it announced?

I wonder if it was a breakdown in negotiations for the next round of contracts.

And wonder what they will do with those extra episodes they're actually doing now.

How odd.

Edited by WedgeOfSpite, Mar 19, 2012 @ 11:46 PM.

lzcutter

lzcutter

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 11:48 PM

Willowsmom,

Do you have a link for that announcement? The trades are talking about the end of "House" and has announced the May season and series finale dates for its shows but "Bones" is listed as a season finale on May 14th, not a series finale.

CelticMyth

CelticMyth

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 12:17 AM

Yeah I want a source too because I'm not seeing this anywhere. Nothing on Twitter or any of the TV spoiler websites.

Well apparently Perez Hilton announced it but the article he links to doesn't say anything about Bones ending.

Here's the Perez Hilton article... grain of salt.
Perez Article

But here's the article he has linked under the word ending...
http://www.hypable.c...dol-fringe-more

It just mentions that for House it's the series finale and that Bones season finale will be on May 14th. All of this was part of Fox press release to announce their finale schedule. He has just interpreted something wrong unless I hear or see it from another source.

Willowsmom

Willowsmom

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 12:29 AM

I saw it on Perez but it's long past time for this to go.

Edited by Willowsmom, Mar 20, 2012 @ 12:29 AM.

CelticMyth

CelticMyth

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 12:48 AM

Personally if I don't like a show anymore I just quit watching. I've done it quite a few times. Gilmore Girls used to be one of my favorite shows but after S6 I let it go. I didn't wish cancellation on it; I just quit watching.

Bones is still a show I enjoy watching. I love the characters, I love the cases, and I love the gory bodies. Almost no show stays consistently amazing, and every show after 3 or 4 years has people wanting it cancelled due to a perceived decline in quality. I've been in quite a few fandoms and it happens for every one of them. Me, I would love to see Bones go another season or two. Even if it's not quite as good as the first few seasons; it's still better than most other stuff on TV.

WedgeOfSpite

WedgeOfSpite

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 1:09 AM

It just mentions that for House it's the series finale and that Bones season finale will be on May 14th. All of this was part of Fox press release to announce their finale schedule. He has just interpreted something wrong unless I hear or see it from another source.

Yeah, that's what I saw as well. That House has it's series finale, and that Fox has announced it's schedule for season finales, and Bones is on that list. So yeah, I can see how Perez got confused.

I don't mind Bones. I do think it's declined in quality, but it's one of those shows I watch because sometimes I am in the mood to turn my brain off and watch something. And I like forensics in general, so there's that for me. I've gotten to the point where I don't expect a lot from the show and there are still characters I like, and science stuff I enjoy, so I don't mind it.

It's funny for me that I started watching Bones just because on the Castle thread I had heard about how horrible it's season 6 resolution was, and that Marlowe would never do that/pull a Hart Hanson. So I watched the dreaded episode, and then watched the series from the beginning. And I think because I started out expecting the worst and at the supposed nadir, that I was pleasantly surprised by the earlier seasons, and why as much a decline as I think there has been, I still don't get as annoyed by that, as I have been by Castle's decline in quality. Because Castle started out higher for me, tearing through great season one and two and being slowly more crushed by S3 and now really in S4. Except for the blatant Mary Sueing, I didn't even mind Hannah. I could see why Booth dated her, he told Brennan that he would have to move on, and he did. Again though, because I knew how it was resolved and I didn't watch in real time, I didn't have weeks to be annoyed by it. I just zipped to the next episode.

I think for some shows, for me at least, it's easier to watch seasons all at once, and certainly for some shows, to ignore all the spoilers, and certainly anything the showrunners say about the show. It's probably what I should be doing with Castle, because it might not aggravate me as much, and I'd become as zen about it, as I have about Bones.

Edited by WedgeOfSpite, Mar 20, 2012 @ 1:11 AM.

AllShiny

AllShiny

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 10:10 AM

As of last week, TVbythenumbers has Bones as likely to be renewed (Four out of a possible five happy faces - same for Castle, btw).

CelticMyth

CelticMyth

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 4:16 PM

Sneak Peeks from "Prisoner in the Pipe"

Sneak Peek 1

Sneak Peek 2

Sneak Peek 3

Sneak Peek 4

Sneak Peek 5

WendyCR72

WendyCR72

Fanatic

Posted Mar 28, 2012 @ 2:10 AM

Thanks for the preview links, CelticMyth. CBS has repeats on 4/2, and they usually get big numbers with HIMYM, etc. So maybe Bones can premiere respectably in its new Monday slot. The real test will be when HIMYM and 2BG returns.

mledawn

mledawn

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 12:01 PM

The 8th season is a go, according to The Futon Critic.

I can't get the link to embed, so here it is all ugly and longform: http://www.thefutonc.../20120329fox01/

Edited by mledawn, Mar 29, 2012 @ 12:04 PM.

DawgiesMan

DawgiesMan

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 1:26 PM

So, do we have a new episode airing this saturday or something? I don't know if I read that correctly. I don't even remember where I read it and it was a few days ago.

WedgeOfSpite

WedgeOfSpite

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 5:45 PM

DawgiesMan, the episode on Saturday, March 31st will be the last episode before the break, "The Crack in the Code." New episodes begin Monday, April 2nd with "Bump in the Road." Still an abbreviated season, with season (not series) finale on May 14th.

Don't know what they're going to do with all the "bonus" episodes they've been making lately. Maybe they'll be put into S8 the way, I understand they did with bonus episodes from S3 into S4, because of the writer's strike. I mean why burn them during summer? But I haven't heard anything about them at all. Just that they're starting on 7/16 now.

Elliot52

Elliot52

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 6:27 PM

I have not seen an episode of Bones, in what seems like forever. When did the last episode play? Normally our TV will record any new episodes of Bones and House, but nothing for weeks...

WendyCR72

WendyCR72

Fanatic

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 2:54 AM

I have not seen an episode of Bones, in what seems like forever. When did the last episode play? Normally our TV will record any new episodes of Bones and House, but nothing for weeks...

January 12th was the last prior episode, I think. It returns on Monday, April 2nd, at 8 p.m. ET.

By the way, Fox has officially renewed the show for an 8th season.

SnarkySheep

SnarkySheep

Fanatic

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 8:22 AM

I know, right? I know there's a lot beyond the control of TPTB, but all these crazy seasons nowadays are incredibly jarring to viewers. I feel about as removed from the show as if it had been a regular summer hiatus; and just when we get back into the swing of things, it WILL be the summer hiatus.

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 12:41 PM

Hart Hanson interview.

dubbel zout

dubbel zout

Stalker

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 8:01 PM

There was a lot of slapstick this ep; I wish the show would tone that down. And why am I not surprised that Booth was acting like a condescending ass about Brennan giving birth? Way to work every cliché, Hart.

Brennan and Booth as Joseph and Mary? Seriously? Why didn't someone call an ambulance? I can't roll my eyes enough.

I wonder if the baby got both last names?

liz26111

liz26111

Stalker

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 8:07 PM

That was awful. The whole inn and birth in a stable thing. Not cool. Booth is an FBI agent trained to drive cars at high speeds, so he could have made it ten miles in a very short period of time. Ten miles is not very far. Especially at high speeds with a fraking siren in a rural setting. After all of that they do not bother to stop at a hospital to get baby and mom checked out but have time to stop get a onesie and matching hat!?

I am not sure I could roll my eyes any more than I did in this episode.

Edited by liz26111, Apr 2, 2012 @ 8:09 PM.

SnarkySheep

SnarkySheep

Fanatic

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 8:07 PM

Personally, I have to admit I'm sitting here a bit disappointed. I'm glad the show's back after all this time, of course, and I'm also glad the baby is finally here. But after all the promos and hoopla, I was really expecting more, and better done, I guess, than just a couple of hurried minutes in a montage.

Did anyone happen to see the time on Brennan's watch? I think I recall reading somewhere a while back that it would be 4:47 when she was born, just like it had been when they finally slept together. I didn't notice, though.

rivermet

rivermet

Fanatic

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 8:10 PM

That birth scene was ridiculously awful. Actually much of the episode was. Just like Booth could have been more open to the home birth, Bones was a complete freaking idiot how she was waltzing through a prison riot. I refuse to believe her maternal protection instinct would not have kicked in.

Back to the birth. Ugh. I mean they had like a year to write that right? And somehow the guy operating the inn not only is an ass but doesn't even call an ambulance/paramedics who are literally just five minutes away? And after giving birth in a damn barn, Bones jumps right up, gets dressed, they stop to buy an outfit for the kid but not a new shirt for Booth whose is bloody and drive home like nothing happened?

The moment with all the friends around admiring the baby and when they revealed the name was really the only good moment of the whole baby storyline.

jessied112

jessied112

Stalker

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 8:15 PM

Wow, that was...I don't even know what that was. I think I was supposed to love the last ten minutes, but I just didn't. Sure, there was a lot of humour and my heart kept jumping every so often whenever Brennan would do something strenuous, but seriously? Having the baby ten minutes before the end of the episode is alright. Just show some signs other than that 'Braxton Hicks' comment to show Brennan actually being in labour for more than a 'couple of hours'.

The whole Joseph/Mary parallel wasn't well thought out. I know what they were trying to get at, but it was poorly executed and way too obvious. And that last scene at the home really bothered me. First of all, did Wendell quit his job and worked day in and day out fixing up that house for the last...what, six months or something? How is it already fixed up, decorated and furnished? Wendell MUST be a miracle worker. Therefore, he should have completely and absolutely been there alongside everyone else. Second of all, where's Michael? Did Hodgins and Angela leave him with Wendell or some sort of nanny? And yeah, Brennan looks great after giving birth. Her hair is back to being neat and proper AND she's walking and not looking exhausting. I've never had a baby, but aren't births really exhausting? And did everyone just have time to bring all that food over? When did Booth get in contact with them?

I wanted to like the episode, but there were way too many things that bothered me to the point of me not enjoying anything, not even the birth of Christine.

SnarkySheep

SnarkySheep

Fanatic

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 8:15 PM

Not to mention, Brennan seemed to be standing on her feet and walking around pretty comfortably, considering she had only just given birth...

When I saw promos/spoiler pics for everyone gathered at B/B's house, I had thought that perhaps there was a bit of time elapsed, like she checked into the hospital afterward and it was upon her release that the gang went to celebrate. I'm telling myself that's what happened! Because otherwise, it's totally dumb, both that Brennan would be able to move around so comfortably, and also that all these educated people (including Cam, a medical doctor, and Angela and Hodgins, who just had their own baby) would be so inconsiderate as to ambush two new parents literally the minute they came through the door. Give the people some peace and quiet so they can settle in!

liz26111

liz26111

Stalker

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 8:16 PM

And after giving birth in a damn barn, Bones jumps right up, gets dressed, they stop to buy an outfit for the kid but not a new shirt for Booth whose is bloody and drive home like nothing happened?

Don't forget the two bottles of hand sanitizer.

clawdette

clawdette

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 8:17 PM

Was I so stunned by the birth scenario that I missed Booth and Bones exchanging a kiss of happiness and joy over the birth of their daughter? Nor did I see one when they were standing together while the crew welcomed the bebe. Would HH say that we are being childish in expecting to see an expression of affection between these two people?

Because, you know, there have been WAY too many or those.

WedgeOfSpite

WedgeOfSpite

Fanatic

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 8:18 PM

And why am I not surprised that Booth was acting like a condescending ass about Brennan giving birth? Way to work every cliché, Hart.

Booth was probably acting like a condescending ass, because Brennan was acting like an oblivious nitwit. Yes, Booth goes overboard, and underhand, but then I watch Brennan's stubbornness to the point of dangerous stupidity and not willing to hear a reasonable word about it, and I get why he goes overboard. Though nice that both Bones and Booth were proven right in their respective stupidities by the show.

Because yes, somehow a pregnant woman is really that sacrosanct to a bunch of prisoners during a riot. Why didn't she go home and get the guards to get the prisoner's shoes again? Because rumors go through prison quickly? Well she still could have gotten someone else to get the shoes from the guy in prison right away. She didn't need to go directly to a prisoner to confront him. As it was, she went after this guy for no reason to get the shoes, right after she (finally) admitted she wasn't feeling that great at being 9 months pregnant and doing things all day. I hate standing on concrete for several hours even when not being pregnant, so I can't imagine how that would really feel at nine months, and about to give birth any day.

And so Booth was right to be concerned about her giving birth at any second with no facilities, and Brennan was right that somehow prisoners would part like the Red Sea for her pregnant self. While it was all a bunch of chicanery, I think Booth's concerns made much more sense, than Brennan's stupidly "proven" ones.

Whatever, show. I can only hope that with ED's pregnancy finally out of the way in real life, the show can move the fuck on.

Though I must admit, that was one cute (if too large) baby. I am heartened that the next baby they casted, will be as cute as this one and the baby they have for Michael. Because right now, they're batting 1.00 for casting cute kids.

Edited by WedgeOfSpite, Apr 2, 2012 @ 8:22 PM.

jessied112

jessied112

Stalker

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 8:18 PM

Oh yeah, and Booth and Brennan were both being idiots. Booth for basically acting like home births were the plague (although did Brennan actually plan that out? Did she have a midwife planned? Did she go through any preparation for that?). And Brennan for pushing herself way too hard so close to her due date and then walking through a riot. She could have easily gotten hurt, especially accidentally. And that Haze guy looked like he was going to hit her. Seriously Brennan, listen to Booth for once and let somebody take care of it. Did she even think of her own safety? Her daughter's safety?

breatheasigh

breatheasigh

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 8:21 PM

I just don't think I can with this show anymore. The suspension of disbelief is too much. I disliked pretty much everything in this episode - Brennan parting the prison riot, Booth being a stubborn jerk, Sweets thinking Booth would actually be his friend, no room at the inn and manger scene. Not to mention arriving at the surprise party in the fully remodeled house in the end. It wouldn't be so bad, but this show used to be so good. TV shouldn't make me this disappointed.