IGPX: Immortal Grand Prix

• Please log in to reply

225 replies to this topic

Sandman87

Sandman87

Fanatic

Posted Sep 16, 2013 @ 6:13 AM

Amy recovers and rehabs from her injured leg. The rest of the team barely survives cooking her a welcome back lunch.

Motivator.

Sandman87

Sandman87

Fanatic

Posted Sep 23, 2013 @ 2:04 PM

lathspel mentioned the cat ears on Amy's suit a while ago. In the latest episode, I noticed that her pilot suit has a tail too. You can just see it for a moment when Liz swings her around after the race.

Faiyd

Faiyd

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 23, 2013 @ 4:57 PM

I still wonder why all the other teams have neat gizmos while Team Satomi has nada.

Sandman87

Sandman87

Fanatic

Posted Sep 24, 2013 @ 8:11 PM

Maybe it's because they haven't really had much money to spend on gadgets until recently? They just came up from the minor leagues after all.

Faiyd

Faiyd

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 25, 2013 @ 1:54 PM

After winning a championship they should be swimming in money.  Sponsors should have been throwing money at them especially given the appeal of a young cleancut team.  Bad boy teams might be entertaining but a lot of sponsors are wary of them for fear of alienating consumers.

Sandman87

Sandman87

Fanatic

Posted Sep 25, 2013 @ 2:42 PM

I suppose they could be spending the money on boring old performance upgrades. Slightly faster vehicles, greater durability, better handling, improved aerodynamics, that sort of thing.

lathspel

lathspel

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 11, 2013 @ 6:55 PM

I'm really sensing the limits of this show with the small IG1. There's only so much drama you can make between Satomi and these other teams.

So Rocket G had a wife with light brown hair and a daughter? I give 50% odds it turns out to be Amy - we've never seen her parents.

Faiyd

Faiyd

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 12, 2013 @ 12:58 AM

I think Amy's parents are professionals or academicians.  If I remember right, they are super smart but so wrapped up in their professional lives they have starved Amy of attention.  Well meaning but crappy parents.  I don't think they are divorced. 

Edited by Faiyd, Oct 12, 2013 @ 12:00 PM.

Sandman87

Sandman87

Fanatic

Posted Oct 12, 2013 @ 4:15 AM

I wonder if there's a set season for the IG-1, like with regular racing, or if they race all year 'round. Seems like it would be wasteful to let that big Hot Wheels track sit idle, especially with the entire city around it devoted entirely to the races.

Has [AS] announced what's replacing this show after it ends? There's only a few more episodes to go.

lathspel

lathspel

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 12, 2013 @ 12:44 PM

Amy's mom could've remarried though.

I don't think it's likely, but it gives me something to pay attention to in this show :) .

Nagurikorosu

Nagurikorosu

Fanatic

Posted Oct 13, 2013 @ 2:06 AM

So many things to comment on. Firstly, I know this show is old and somewhat predictable, but I think its a poor decision to spoil a show with an ad. Secondly, I am glad the finale is being shown as an hour special, but again spoiled some of the goodness for newbies.

My favorite moment ever in the anime occurred in this ep. Takeshi called that punk bitch exactly what he needed to be called. Even better if you realize both actors were in Kingdom Hearts II together, so Sora called Squall a punk bitch. :) My second favorite moment in the series is Amy pushing Takeshi and Liz to the finish line in her big return race. I really do love this show, its a lot fun.

Sandman87

Sandman87

Fanatic

Posted Oct 15, 2013 @ 1:52 AM

I was amused that Takeshi only managed to solve the puzzle that his sister gave him by accident, and then accidentally put it back together.

And the moral of Andre's story is: Your family will only love you when you're successful.

lathspel

lathspel

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 16, 2013 @ 11:35 PM

I'm hoping for some kind of reveal as to why White Snow are mysterious baddies. Other than that, ready for IGPX to come to an end.

Sandman87

Sandman87

Fanatic

Posted Oct 17, 2013 @ 4:19 AM

I figured that maybe they were hired by the guy who runs Velshtein to get back at Andre. Now that the two have made up that doesn't seem very likely.

Sandman87

Sandman87

Fanatic

Posted Oct 21, 2013 @ 2:45 AM

Comparison: The show's ending vs. how a "normal" anime would have ended:

CN version -

White Snow combines their mechs into a tentacle monster.

Satomi wins the race.

Takeshi is happy that they won.

Takeshi makes nice with Max & White Snow.

Ms. Satomi ends up with a gazillion sponsors.

Takeshi and Liz get together.

Anime version -

White Snow combines their mechs into a tentacle monster.

Satomi puts up a good fight, but loses the race.

Takeshi is happy that they lost, because that means he still has a goal.

Takeshi reacts with revulsion to Max being a fan and makes her cry.

Ms. Satomi loses most of the sponsors and kills herself.

Amy and Liz get together.

White Snow's brilliant plan: Win the race by combining into a giant mech with horrible aerodynamics. Sure, why not?

Amy's pilot suit still had cat ears and a tail in the metaphorical cyberspace-ish part of their group combat against Max.

Nice touch: An airplane flew by overhead when Liz kissed Takeshi.

Motivators.

Faiyd

Faiyd

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 21, 2013 @ 5:10 PM

Ms. Satomi loses most of the sponsors and kills herself.

Takeshi reacts with revulsion to Max being a fan and makes her cry.

That's kind of harsh.  And there's no way a former championship team that came in second the next season would lose all their sponsors anyway, that's just stupid.

Yeah, Takeshi should have reacted with revulsion to Max's declaration; if she inflicts sadistic ploys on her heroes, imagine what she does to others especially anyone who annoys her.