Posted Nov 6, 2005 @ 10:00 PM

Okay, those biceps? NEED to be licked.

Repeatedly.

crumpeteer

crumpeteer

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 6, 2005 @ 10:06 PM

you've got an extra http:// in there

Fixed it, fixed it. I hate that thing because I always forget to backspace it out when I cut and paste.

the arms are hot, but their looks are... I have no words

Yeah, that's the other reason I love the picture. Jensen's profile in that pic is gorgeous.

And of course, the arms. ;)

TiffanyNichelle

TiffanyNichelle

Fanatic

Posted Nov 6, 2005 @ 10:23 PM

While this is a good picture of both SN boys, I want to point out Jensen's arms, because my ovaries pointed them out to me.

Me, I'm all about the broad shoulders.

Her Owlness

Her Owlness

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 6, 2005 @ 10:59 PM

On the topic of Jensen's favorite song, I also adore "Hallelujah," although I am more partial to the Rufus Wainwright version. Not that Jeff Buckey's is bad (I actually own both), but it's just a matter of personal preference. But, yes, it's totally my cheer-me-up-when-I'm-down song -- even more so, though, now. :)

chickk

chickk

Fanatic

Posted Nov 6, 2005 @ 11:01 PM

While this is a good picture of both SN boys, I want to point out Jensen's arms, because my ovaries pointed them out to me.

Back from dinner to this. *sigh* thank you crumpeteer.

Edited by chickk, Nov 6, 2005 @ 11:01 PM.

zoeyblue13

zoeyblue13

Fanatic

Posted Nov 6, 2005 @ 11:10 PM

Not that Jeff Buckey's is bad (I actually own both), but it's just a matter of personal preference. But, yes, it's totally my cheer-me-up-when-I'm-down song -- even more so, though, now. :)

The song tends to have the opposite effect on me, probably because its been used in shows for that cry-your-eyes-out-from-heartbreak moments (The O.C.). I do love the song though.

Hey, I have kind of a weird question for people who have seen Jensen in other shows. I love Dean's voice, its kind of husky, with a little edge and flirty-ness to it, and quite manly. I'm wondering if this is Jensen's real voice; or if he is using his voice to make the character of Dean more vivid. Did it sound this way on Smallville and Dark Angel? eta: I've really noticed how well JP uses his voice with victims/women in the show, and it really helps round out the character, so I thought about JA and his voice.

I'm an enormous nerd, I know. This is the only place I know I can ask this question without people looking at me like I've sprouted another head.

Edited by zoeyblue13, Nov 6, 2005 @ 11:13 PM.

Her Owlness

Her Owlness

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 6, 2005 @ 11:14 PM

The song tends to have the opposite effect on me, probably because its been used in shows for that cry-your-eyes-out-from-heartbreak moments (The O.C.). I do love the song though.

See, I more listen to it for the sound, rather for the lyrics. Because, yes, the lyrics are like totally sad and sorta depressing. But I also don't watch The OC, so that's totally not an issue either.

I'm wondering if this is Jensen's real voice; or if he is using his voice to make the character of Dean more vivid. Did it sound this way on Smallville and Dark Angel?

I can only speak to DA, but I think it was very similar. It's possible that it's his "cocky, bordering-on-obnoxious-at-times" character voice, since I see a lot of similarities between MmmAlec and Dean. But I'd guess that it might be his real voice. (no idea, though, honestly)

chickk

chickk

Fanatic

Posted Nov 6, 2005 @ 11:18 PM

I love Dean's voice, its kind of husky, with a little edge and flirty-ness to it, and quite manly. I'm wondering if this is Jensen's real voice; or if he is using his voice to make the character of Dean more vivid. Did it sound this way on Smallville and Dark Angel?

I think so yes, because I remember thinking he had a really sexy voice when he was on DA. I think however, his Texan twang was a little less pronounced. It seems to come and go a bit more on SN.

I'm an enormous nerd, I know. This is the only place I know I can ask this question without people looking at me like I've sprouted another head.

You're in good company my friend. I can't believe I've actually given his voice this much thought.

tenaciousmetoo

tenaciousmetoo

Fanatic

Posted Nov 6, 2005 @ 11:22 PM

On the topic of Jensen's favorite song, I also adore "Hallelujah," although I am more partial to the Rufus Wainwright version. Not that Jeff Buckey's is bad

Anyone heard the original version by Leonard Cohen? So dark and sweet.

Jeff always closed his live shows with Hallelujah sung a capella. I saw him a few times, and it was, each time, one the most beautiful and riveting things I've ever heard. Such a loss.

witchofnovember

witchofnovember

Stalker

Posted Nov 6, 2005 @ 11:25 PM

First, when I look at that picture, I have to say that I've never wanted to be a chair so much in my life. Do men like those walk around in real life? And if so, where are they?

Second, I am all over the Jeff Buckley. And because he claimed that as his favortie song, I want to mind fuck the Ackles as well.

Isolde13

Isolde13

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 6, 2005 @ 11:33 PM

I love that song. So wrenching. Jeff Buckley, too. You've got good taste, Isolde!

Thanks, laivine! You know the first time I heard that song was during Scrubs?

kjc

kjc

Fanatic

Posted Nov 6, 2005 @ 11:42 PM

I think however, his Texan twang was a little less pronounced. It seems to come and go a bit more on SN.

I agree that he has a very sexy voice and based on the interviews I've seen, it's his real voice. As for the twang, it probably comes and goes naturally, too, especially since he grew up in the Dallas area (not as much twang here as in other places).

Brunette

Brunette

Fanatic

Posted Nov 6, 2005 @ 11:49 PM

First, when I look at that picture, I have to say that I've never wanted to be a chair so much in my life.

Damn it, Witchy! You SO owe me a new keyboard. Diet Coke never comes out!

But I must agree, I wanna be a chair too. ;D

chickk

chickk

Fanatic

Posted Nov 7, 2005 @ 12:24 AM

I agree that he has a very sexy voice and based on the interviews I've seen, it's his real voice. As for the twang, it probably comes and goes naturally, too, especially since he grew up in the Dallas area (not as much twang here as in other places). kjc

Canadian myself, so not an expert but I've noticed urban Texans have a much more subtle accent. I have an ex-boyfriend who grew up in San Antonio and hands down the sexiest drawl I ever heard. I mean on a real non-Hollywood person that is.

Isolde13

Isolde13

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 7, 2005 @ 1:09 AM

Witchofnovember, ITA with you on mindfucking the Ackles. It's not enough that he's beautiful, but he has to be kindof shy and sensitive and intelligent too?

My ovaries are going into overload. How much is a woman supposed to take?

mar-g-wan

mar-g-wan

Posted Nov 7, 2005 @ 2:34 AM

This is a promo clip from DA(good one too, from The Berrisford Agenda), so this is what he sounded like there(at least in "serious mode").

Click here

Maybe both JA and JP's accents seem a bit more pronounced because they are both from Texas, so any little inconsistencies they would just sort of end up sort of subconsciously encouraging it in each other. Like on Without A Trace, sometimes when the two real life Australians have a scene together they somehow sound less American, probably because subconsciously they end up encouraging similar inconsistencies in their new accents.

crumpeteer

crumpeteer

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 7, 2005 @ 7:21 AM

Frankly I like Southern accents (I'm Southern, so that's a good thing) and I love the faint Texas drawl both boys have. Jensen has a great voice though. It's very low and husky and doesn't really sound like it should be coming out of someone that pretty. Very sexy.

I also love how mobile Jensen's face is as an actor. Most "pretty" actors tend to not move their facial expressions, I have no idea why except perhaps they're afraid to look stupid. Jensen doesn't have to talk a lot of the time. He just gives a look and you know what he's thinking. That's the sign of the beginnings of a good actor.

Her Owlness

Her Owlness

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 7, 2005 @ 8:40 AM

mar-g-wan, thanks for the DA clip. I seriously need to find the money for the S2 DA DVD's ... Just, don't have it right now. But MmmAlec is awesomely hot, and I adore how JAckles can bring the angst.

And, yes, crumpeteer, I couldn't agree more! One of the things that makes me adore KB and JD on VM is the fact that both actors have such great ability to say so much with just their faces, or even just their eye movement, sometimes. JA does the same thing, which really helps to improve the acting and range of any performer, I think.

Attic244

Attic244

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 7, 2005 @ 9:36 AM

Sigh. I like the profile too. I know specifically of two scenes where it was shown off really well. 1) The opening scene in Skin where NotDean was about to escape out the window—gah, and he was dirty too—double gah. 2) The scene in Hook Man where I think they were in the church and they realized that Hook Man was in there. I probably have this all mixed up, but I’m sure you guys know what I’m talking about.

Thanks for the clip, mar-g-wan. Now to Netflix DA.

Who is KB on VM? JD is Jason Dohring, correct?

thelibrarian

thelibrarian

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 7, 2005 @ 9:46 AM

KB = Kristin Bell (aka Veronica Mars) :-)

zoeyblue13

zoeyblue13

Fanatic

Posted Nov 7, 2005 @ 9:48 AM

Is this it?

I love it too.

KB is Kristen Bell, (VM).

Irvys Sefie

Irvys Sefie

Fanatic

Posted Nov 7, 2005 @ 10:00 AM

I'm quite partial to this shot because of the implications...I mean...the lighting...*whistles innocently*

mar-g-wan

mar-g-wan

Posted Nov 7, 2005 @ 12:06 PM

mar-g-wan, thanks for the DA clip. I seriously need to find the money for the S2 DA DVD's ... Just, don't have it right now. But MmmAlec is awesomely hot, and I adore how JAckles can bring the angst.

That scene has got one of the best conversation enders ever--"I don't want your pity. I want your absence". Almost makes me wish I could work that into a conversation. JAckles just nails that whole conversation. And for those "profile lovers" there are a couple good shots of his profile. :)

I wish I could find one of his scenes with the girl--he was so sweet in those. Like the one where she tells him "I love you". Poor Alec.

chimerical

chimerical

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 7, 2005 @ 1:23 PM

The profile pic of Dean in Hook Man reminds me so much of Ben from Dark Angel when he was in the church and Max came up behind him. I tried to find a shot of it, but he whips around too fast to catch it I think. *sigh* That was sexy too.

Now I'm all searching out profile pics from DA...lol Like this or this or Sad Alec

MmmLipBiting from the "I don't want your pity, I want your absence scene.

And, of course, for the eye lovers out there like me: Green Eyes

I'm stopping now. TBA just had far too many good shots in it.

Katkins

Katkins

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 7, 2005 @ 1:24 PM

mar-g-wan, cheers from me too for posting that clip. He looks so young!

The Dark Angel dvd's are definitely going on my Amazon wish-list now (I know he's not really in the first series, but I'm a completist).

Her Owlness

Her Owlness

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 7, 2005 @ 5:43 PM

*resists temptation to get the DA S2 DVD's*

Heh, thanks for sharing those images chimerical - JAckles is just so great to look at.

I've been surprised at the lack of shirtless pics yet, so I found a couple more DA caps to share -- at Manticore, a reason to hate towels, and smirking Monty Cora.

Pyewacket

Pyewacket

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 7, 2005 @ 6:42 PM

There are a number of audio files from Dark Angel, Dawson's Creek, and the
Still Life pilot available for downloading here, including the "I don't want your pity,
I want your absence" line.

zoeyblue13

zoeyblue13

Fanatic

Posted Nov 7, 2005 @ 6:48 PM

I'm going to have dreams about him telling me we've paired off, he's my breeding partner. Sigh.

Giggling Kat

Giggling Kat

Fanatic

Posted Nov 7, 2005 @ 6:55 PM

Does anyone have DA S1? Is it good? I bought S2 for mmmAlec and really want S1 because I need to complete the set and Ben.

PipPip24

PipPip24

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 7, 2005 @ 6:56 PM

See now why I've never given up on Alec?

Edited by PipPip24, Nov 7, 2005 @ 7:08 PM.