ACTOR Jensen Ackles

• Please log in to reply

46060 replies to this topic

FastenSeatBelts

FastenSeatBelts

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 10:49 AM

Well 25 is not exactly cute either, but considering she's way older than he is...ok. If I think about it women just tend to use the word "cute" a lot. On babys, animals, shoes and men, even on monstrous hunks.

I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to say in your post though FastenSeatBelts. Should Jensen just give up the show and move onto something else?

I think I got a bit infected by the atmosphere on this board. Most people here are just so frustrated with the show, saying it's wasting the talents of the actors and that it's getting worse and worse.
Personally I'd prefer Supernatural returning to it's former glory. I mean there's a devoted fandom, but while reading the threads here I'm getting the impression that they are going to lose more and more fans.
I'd just love people to remember Supernatural as the gorgeous show it had been in the past and I'm scared that people will only remember their downfall. Like: "Jensen Ackles, isn't he the actor of this show, which was drawn out till no one wanted to watch it anymore cause they were repeating every storyline and everything was just ridiculous and no one was interested in it anymore?"
That would break my heart.

I just hope that Carver will get his act together and fix these problems. I don't know if it's just this forum or if it's the overall opinion but it's kind of depressing right now. I mean, just imagine you've never heard of Supernatural before and are considering to tune in and you want to read a recap of the latest episodes and come to TWOP and read Demians reviews. Wouldn't you get the impression that this show is not worth watching, cause it's just stupid, ridiculuous and awful, and there's not even gore, or whatever Demian says.
I think there are a lot of crappy shows and in comparison Supernatural's still great, so I don't understand why Shows like Secret Circle (not that I have anything against Secret Circle, it's not a bad show) have a recapper, who actually likes the Show he's recapping and rates every episode A+, no matter what, while Supernatural is like D, D-, E ...

With the fast turnover of pretty faces in hollywood, nothing is guaranteed and I can't blame Jensen for using a vehiicle that may at least set him for a long time, if not for life, then move on when the show finally ends.

You're right. It's just wishful thinking. A few days ago someone said that he doesn't even stand a chance to do anything besides B-horror-movies, cause after Supernatural people wouldn't accept him in romantic comedies or anythin else. I just don't want to believe that, cause in my opinion he's incredibly talented.

Edited by FastenSeatBelts, Apr 27, 2012 @ 10:53 AM.

hat

hat

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 11:11 AM

Thanks for clarifying FastenSeatBelts.

You're right. It's just wishful thinking. A few days ago someone said that he doesn't even stand a chance to do anything besides B-horror-movies, cause after Supernatural people wouldn't accept him in romantic comedies or anythin else. I just don't want to believe that, cause in my opinion he's incredibly talented.

I agree that I feel Jensen's talents are being wasted, especially since the middle of season 5, when his character wasn't allowed to grow, or even be part of any story. It seemed to me that if Dean was supefluous in the first seasons, he's even more now, and that truly is a waste of a talented actor.

But I also feel that he won't have to feel stereotyped and can go onto other projects. He's been in a RomCom already, Ten Inch Hero.

David Boreanz's (sp?)career didn't stagnate to B movies and he was Angel for as long(?) as Jensen's been Dean. He landed a role that's pretty far from horror.

Richard Dean Anderson lasted longer as McGyver, yet he was able to land a great role in Stargate.

I think luck at finding the right project and the right co-leads, as well as good, creative showrunners and writers could land Jensen a juicy role after SPN. It's really all a matter of luck out there, but I don't feel Jensen will be stereotyped if he's given the right project after SPN.

Edited by hat, Apr 27, 2012 @ 11:21 AM.

Bruinsfan

Bruinsfan

Stalker

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 1:43 PM

There's also the matter that so many people Jensen works with comes away singing praises about how professional and nice he is. One thing about being on what's effectively a procedural with a 7-year run in terms of casting is that he gets to work with and impress a lot of people, which may pay dividends in his post-Supernatural years if folks like Annette O'Toole and Jeffrey Dean Morgan mention what a joy he is to work with in earshot of producers and casting directors.

Blackmantra53

Blackmantra53

Fanatic

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 2:29 PM

It's really all a matter of luck out there...

While I agree a lot of what happens in Hollywood may be luck, Jensen has worked very hard to diversify himself. He's been a director, has done voice work and modelling in print.
He's been acclaimed in his roles within the genre, but also in romantic comedy (Ten Inch Hero) and straight drama (Still Life). I believe he was nominated for two daytime Emmys as well and many people in various positions within the industry have praised his work ethic.
It would only take one solid role post-Supernatural to bring him the success garnered by the likes of George Clooney or Johnny Depp.

Edited by Blackmantra53, Apr 27, 2012 @ 2:30 PM.

hat

hat

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 10:22 PM

Jensen sure looked good tonight, and if he had anything to do he would have rocked it. But he was still great for what little he had to do.

Jensen has worked very hard to diversify himself. He's been a director, has done voice work and modelling in print.
He's been acclaimed in his roles within the genre, but also in romantic comedy (Ten Inch Hero) and straight drama (Still Life). I believe he was nominated for two daytime Emmys as well and many people in various positions within the industry have praised his work ethic.

Great points Blackmantra. Jensen is a very versatile man. I think he will be ok once the show is over. I just wish the show would give his character something to do while he's on it. It would make the show a lot more enjoyable to watch.

femalecobbler

femalecobbler

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 5:41 PM

Jensen has worked very hard to diversify himself.

He sure has! From model, to soap opera star to starring in his own tv show. He's a singer, director and has diversified his tv/movie fields by doing 3D, as well as Indy. Jensen knows how to broaden his fields as well as his talents. It's a pleasure to watch him work and for me, he's truly the only reason I would ever keep watching SPN. Although, lately I haven't mainly because his character is given so little to do and the actor so little to work with. A waste of talent is what it is. This show has no idea how to use an actor of Jensen's caliber, which is one of the reasons I feel the episodes fall flat more times than not.

hat

hat

Couch Potato

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 10:39 AM

It looks like Jensen and his wife are enjoying Rometogether. It also looks like he got a nice watch out of it. LOL

Zanne

Zanne

Stalker

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 10:05 PM

Heh. I like how they both look like the choice of watch is the most important decision of their entire lives. Oh, Ackles...you and your bizarre fetish for fine watches!

sallysweeet

sallysweeet

Couch Potato

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 6:43 AM

It looks like Jensen and his wife are enjoying Rome together.

I think they look very sweet together. I think their anniversary is coming up, so I wonder if they were shopping for Danneel's gift to Jensen. I hope they're enjoying their time together, whether they're in Rome, Scotland or elsewhere now.

Edited by sallysweeet, May 10, 2012 @ 6:56 AM.

sallymonelly

sallymonelly

Couch Potato

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 6:54 AM

I'd forgotten about their anniversary and in those pictures it does look like they are shopping for a watch for Jensen. Now I wonder what Jensen got for his lovely lady. Rome is such a romantic place to be, I bet they are having a great time being together enjoying their time together. With their work schedule, days like these must feel like a treat.

Edited by sallymonelly, May 10, 2012 @ 6:55 AM.

Blackmantra53

Blackmantra53

Fanatic

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 6:53 PM

I'd forgotten about their anniversary and in those pictures it does look like they are shopping for a watch for Jensen. Now I wonder what Jensen got for his lovely lady. Rome is such a romantic place to be, I bet they are having a great time being together enjoying their time together. With their work schedule, days like these must feel like a treat.

The Ackles' really seem to enjoy Rome, especially notable because this was his only European appearance if I am correct. The European fans who won't get to see Jensen this summer have my sympathy, but I admire the man for deciding he'd rather spend time with his wife than scurry from venue to venue until it's time to go back to work.

femalecobbler

femalecobbler

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 7:50 PM

, but I admire the man for deciding he'd rather spend time with his wife than scurry from venue to venue until it's time to go back to work.

This is what I like about him. He plans very carefully which cons he can attend and which may not be possible for him to attend, whether for personal or business reasons, then signs for those he is sure he will be able to attend.

sallysweeet

sallysweeet

Couch Potato

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 8:21 AM

Jensen is doing one more convention this summer, in Paris, France, but it's not until the beginning of June. I believe this is the first Supernatural convention in France, so that's great for the fans there.

I think Jensen really enjoys the Rome con and its organizers and I think he and Danneel love Rome.

Edited by sallysweeet, May 11, 2012 @ 8:25 AM.

hat

hat

Couch Potato

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 10:19 PM

God bless Jensen's soul for sticking with this terrible show with a crappy showrunner. I hope he has better luck next season. These past two seasons have been such a waste of his talents.

Xiaomei

Xiaomei

Channel Surfer

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 10:22 AM

At this point, it is quite bittersweet to see Ackles in SPN, enjoying him so much but also wondering how cost effective it is. I mean, there must be a point where the opportunities lost because of contractual obligations add up, and not even all the money in the world can turn back time. He's a great actor, and as much as the series has been fantastic, there will be an "enough is enough" moment. I have the feeling that the glass is about to burst on this regard.

Blackmantra53

Blackmantra53

Fanatic

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 5:01 PM

I have to say I really appreciated the range of emotions Jensen brought during his scene with Bobby. Dean's wariness, if not outright fear, was plainly evident and clearly Dean is torn between his options concerning his friend.

Edited by Blackmantra53, May 12, 2012 @ 5:02 PM.

hat

hat

Couch Potato

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 9:48 AM

A Very Happy Anniversary to Jensen and Danneel, and many more happy ones!

Kojuro

Kojuro

Couch Potato

Posted May 24, 2012 @ 2:14 AM

Not only did Jensen look great in the last episode but he did a really fantastic job(as usual, imo). I mean I thought most of the episode was fairly "meh" but he still did a really good job. I loved the scenes with Castiel - the way Jensen played Dean as frustrated but IMO you could definitely sense the affection underneath despite everything they've been through, the way he would be really frustrated yet would try to soften his delivery "we're worried" and then when he did actually get annoyed, it made sense(and hey Dean's been told a lot worse than "clean up your mess" and it's not like he was expecting Cas to do it alone, just to help them). There was a real sense of connection and shared experiences, despite the unfortunate distance Cas's betrayal put between them and his "Do I seem like good luck to you" was great. :) The scene with Dick was also great, Jensen and Misha managed to make Dean and Castiel working as a team look easy.

I also liked the scene where they burned Bobby's flask(not Bobby so much but watching Dean's reaction), it wasn't time for the big emotions - they already did that when Bobby died, this was more just plain sad and you could see him trying to communicate that with Sam as he was looking at him.

He was really great in that scene in Purgatory I thought, he wasn't shaking and crying but you could still see in his eyes, Dean was terrified, that uncertain fearful tone in his voice with a sense of almost panic underlying it.

april26

april26

Fanatic

Posted Jun 8, 2012 @ 3:43 PM

Jensen at the CW upfronts
Jensen at the party after the upfronts
Jensen with a fan

Blackmantra53

Blackmantra53

Fanatic

Posted Jun 8, 2012 @ 4:19 PM

I must say, the sunglasses are incredible, and probably Italian. I also think his fashion sense, at least the public version of it, is developing wonderfully.
Thankyou so much April26 for those images!

hat

hat

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 8, 2012 @ 5:49 PM

The sunglasses, the beard and mustache, to die for. I can only hope that the beard plays into the new season of Dean being stuck in Purgatory for a while. That would be hotness multiplied.

Blackmantra53

Blackmantra53

Fanatic

Posted Jun 8, 2012 @ 7:17 PM

I fear the beard will not remain hat for a quick search of Twitter reveals candid photos of Jensen in which the beard has been reduced to a goatee.
Unfortunately I cannot link from where I am at the moment but a simple search of Twitter will reveal them.

Edited by Blackmantra53, Jun 8, 2012 @ 7:19 PM.

hat

hat

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 8, 2012 @ 7:21 PM

I fear the beard will not remain hat for a quick search of Twitter reveals candid photos of Jensen in which the beard has been reduced to a goatee.

Well don't that just suck. Oh well, it was a nice dream while it lasted.

Lemuria

Lemuria

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 8, 2012 @ 8:05 PM

Blackmantra, I don't have a Twitter account. Could I ask you to post the link to the photos when you get the chance? Pretty please?

Edited by Lemuria, Jun 8, 2012 @ 8:08 PM.

sallysweeet

sallysweeet

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 8, 2012 @ 8:35 PM

Lemuria - a fan posted this great picture of herself with Jensen. I love his leather jacket. Mmmm, Jensen and leather. :) ]http://25.media.tumb...hdyco1_1280.jpg

Edited by sallysweeet, Jun 8, 2012 @ 8:36 PM.

phidra

phidra

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 9, 2012 @ 2:51 PM

Jensen and leather will never not be hot. Thanks for all the pictures april and sallysweeet. Jensen looks gorgeous and I hope he is having a lot to fun.

jadecorleone

jadecorleone

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 11, 2012 @ 12:32 AM

Jensen and leather? Looks like someone been reading my wish list lol. I remember awhile back I found a picture of someone that looked alot like him, shirtless on top of an impala ( as best I can tell )

Heres a link You have to scroll down a bit to see it

Anyone know for sure if this is him?

Edited by jadecorleone, Jun 11, 2012 @ 12:33 AM.

Kojuro

Kojuro

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 11, 2012 @ 2:33 AM

That's not him. It isn't even anything to do with Supernatural, I seem to rmember someone found out who the person on the car was but I can't remember who.

Very nice pics of Jensen from Scotland. He's looking very good in his downtime(still love his look at the Upfronts best though, he represented the show very well):)

Blackmantra53

Blackmantra53

Fanatic

Posted Jun 11, 2012 @ 8:46 AM

Sorry for not responding sooner Lemuria.
These photos were taken without the Ackles' knowledge but Danneel has seen them so I feel more comfortable posting the link-
Here

Jade, that is not Jensen, not even the correct car. Someone was playing games there.

Lemuria

Lemuria

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 11, 2012 @ 9:57 PM

Thanks for the link. So he's going for the Van Dyke look. I've always rather liked that!