• Please log in to reply

46061 replies to this topic

Kojuro

Kojuro

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 3:00 AM

Picture from Guy Bee(not spoilery):

Set pic of Jensen

It's a lovely picture, both the subject and the way the picture is taken.

sallymonelly

sallymonelly

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 6:26 AM

Set pic of Jensen

I agree Kojuro. That is a great picture. I like the position and the colors. It adds such an eerie content to the photo and Jensen looks good. The setting would be great for an episode. Looks like a library or a government building. Guy Bee did a great job with that photo.

Blackmantra53

Blackmantra53

Fanatic

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 2:55 PM

Jensen appears thinner to me recent photographs. Has anyone else noticed this?

Edited by Blackmantra53, Mar 30, 2012 @ 2:56 PM.

sallysweeet

sallysweeet

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 9:31 PM

I loved Jensen's facial expressions tonight.

Even though I didn't like the Bobby reveal, I loved Jensen's acting in it, full of both hope, sadness and pain.

With Jensen wearing the red shirt tonight, there were a few scenes where he almost looked like he hadn't aged and this was a Season 1/Season 2 ep where he was wearing the red shirt.

Set pic of Jensen

What a great picture! The subject is gorgeous!

Edited by sallysweeet, Mar 30, 2012 @ 9:32 PM.

hat

hat

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 9:54 PM

Jensen did look great tonight and Jensen with a sword is a sight to behold. He did a great job and I'm glad at least Dean got the kill, finally.

april26

april26

Fanatic

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 8:01 AM

Jensen appears thinner to me recent photographs. Has anyone else noticed this?

I think he does that every year: he looks thinner during springs/summers (at the end of a season and at the begin of the next season) and he looks less thin in autumn/winter. I'm not sure if it's him or he just losing layers, since there is a hotter weather.

Edited by april26, Mar 31, 2012 @ 8:01 AM.

Ann Tara

Ann Tara

Fanatic

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 9:09 AM

I think he does that every year: he looks thinner during springs/summers (at the end of a season and at the begin of the next season) and he looks less thin in autumn/winter. I'm not sure if it's him or he just losing layers, since there is a hotter weather.

It's definitely the layers that adds the illusion of bulk. I attended the Burbank con in March and did the M&G with Jensen again, and trust, the man is svelte - if anything he looks even thinner than I've seen him before, and he's always thin.

I love that pic that Guy posted, and not just because of the subject matter, which is very fine indeed. ;) But the way the shot is framed is reminiscent of that angelic glow shot of Dean over the Impala at the end of Bloodlust. Very ethereal, both times.

Kojuro

Kojuro

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 5:17 PM

He looks a bit thinner(which isn't unusual for him as others pointed out) but I don't think he looks thinner in that particular photo, he looks the same as he always does in that one, probably due to the layers.

And he does look wonderful wielding a sword::swoon::.

Edited by Kojuro, Mar 31, 2012 @ 5:18 PM.

april26

april26

Fanatic

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 12:49 AM

Josh Ackles sent a letter with a Jensen and Levi pic as a thank you for the support to the Down Syndrome Guild of Dallas.

hat

hat

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 7:36 AM

Josh Ackles sent a letter with a Jensen and Levi pic as a thank you for the support to the Down Syndrome Guild of Dallas.

That was very sweet of them and that's a lovely picture of Jensen and Levi.

Kojuro

Kojuro

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 3:44 PM

Oh my goodness what an adorable picture. Such a sweet smile on Jensen and Levi is a handsome little guy. That was such a nice gesture on the part of Josh Ackles and his family as well.

Kojuro

Kojuro

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 3:23 AM

Rather cool thing happened last night. "Jensen Ackles is Our Hero" trended worldwide on Twitter for a little while last night. I was on twitter when it happened and I screen capped it.

I have no idea how that started but go Team Ackles! He doesn't even have a twitter and he gets trended. :)

cmm226

cmm226

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 3:09 PM

Lol, I love it. He tends to trend a lot, I see.

Blackmantra53

Blackmantra53

Fanatic

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 12:21 PM

I am throwing out the idea that the new hobby Jensen is excited about is flying. I think this because of all the photos that have come out in the last few months featuring small planes.

hat

hat

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 9:18 PM

I am throwing out the idea that the new hobby Jensen is excited about is flying. I think this because of all the photos that have come out in the last few months featuring small planes.

That's an interesting thought. I wouldn't put it past Jensen. He seems to be the kind of guy that likes to just get involved with a lot of things. With his love for the technical, I wouldn't be surprised to find out he's learned all about airplanes, including motor types, LOL.

Blackmantra53

Blackmantra53

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 5:50 PM

A quick perusal of Wiki seems to indicate Jensen is notably absent from the convention circuit this hiatus. I know it will be a shorter hiatus than usual given the extra episode, and might be even shorter for him should he be offered an episode to direct again next season, but I am also hopeful he has a small outside project (voicework perhaps) coming up.

Edited by Blackmantra53, Apr 17, 2012 @ 5:51 PM.

hat

hat

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 6:42 PM

I'm really hoping for a new project.

FastenSeatBelts

FastenSeatBelts

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 11:17 AM

Or he might just experience his first burnout/boreout.
Wouldn't surprise me at all considering he's working overtime for a show which is becoming more and more.. uhm... "peculiar" and that's putting it mildly... And when he's not on location he has to attend conventions all the time, which basically means listening to girls screaming and giggling all weekend and answering the worlds stupidest questions for the 3456th time.
So let's hope he's just going on a nice, long and quiet vacation...

Edited by FastenSeatBelts, Apr 19, 2012 @ 1:11 PM.

sallymonelly

sallymonelly

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 1:25 PM

So let's hope he's just going on a nice, long and quiet vacation

That would be nice for him, but I'm selfish and in dire need of seeing Jensen do something besides being wasted emoing for a show that is clueless on how to optimally use a good actor.

Kojuro

Kojuro

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 1:46 AM

I loved Jensen's "shower scene". Damn him and his modesty though. Still it was quite exciting seeing that bicep and bit of shoulder. :D And the wet head was adorable.

He was quite good in the episode as well. Glad he told it like it was but without being overly cruel about it.

Blackmantra53

Blackmantra53

Fanatic

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 5:20 PM

And when he's not on location he has to attend conventions all the time, which basically means listening to girls screaming and giggling all weekend and answering the worlds stupidest questions for the 3456th time

I think the size of the compensation would more than make up for having to tolerate the most stupid of questions, however, I do agree that he has probably had more than his fill and would prefer spending his precious time off with friends and family.
There is also this mysterious new hobby which I'm keenly interesting in discovering more about.

Edited by Blackmantra53, Apr 22, 2012 @ 5:26 PM.

agnomen

agnomen

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 9:15 AM

This goes back a bit, from Smallville season 4 or 5, I think, but I thought people here would like to see it. This is a quote from Annette O'Toole off the first episode commentary track, about a certain Acktor:

Annette: "We did a scene the other day and he was so great... it was an action packed scene and he was as good as anyone I've ever worked with in taking care of the other actor. Making sure they were okay and not doing too much. He was having to do things physically with me and I always felt in such good hands. I usually only feel that way with a much older actor who has been doing it a long time. And he was fabulous, such a gentleman in every way, I think he's wonderful, and kind of cute, too."
// chuckles all around //
Male commentator (probably Gough or Millar): "Just a little bit."

april26

april26

Fanatic

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 4:15 PM

From the Tim Surette's review:
"Look at this pic of Dean! It's not even a publicity photo, it's a screen capture! Jensen Ackles just can't not be a male model."

The pic is Dean in the bathroom.

Kojuro

Kojuro

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 9:15 PM

This goes back a bit, from Smallville season 4 or 5, I think, but I thought people here would like to see it. This is a quote from Annette O'Toole off the first episode commentary track, about a certain Acktor:

Annette: "We did a scene the other day and he was so great... it was an action packed scene and he was as good as anyone I've ever worked with in taking care of the other actor. Making sure they were okay and not doing too much. He was having to do things physically with me and I always felt in such good hands. I usually only feel that way with a much older actor who has been doing it a long time. And he was fabulous, such a gentleman in every way, I think he's wonderful, and kind of cute, too."

LAwww...That's really sweet. A few years later, she and Jensen met someplace, maybe it was on the plane between LA and Vancouver and I can't remember the exact quote but she still had some very sweet things to say about him, apparently they'd have a very nice talk.

And yeah, just a little bit cute. LOL

astrid, that's funny--he does look very male modelish there. And what was up with DOB(Dirty Old Bobby) standing around in the bathroom while Dean was taking a shower? Guess THE Dean can get to everyone sooner or later. LOL(and ewwwwwww....)

hat

hat

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 9:20 PM

From the Tim Surette's review:
"Look at this pic of Dean! It's not even a publicity photo, it's a screen capture! Jensen Ackles just can't not be a male model."

The pic is Dean in the bathroom.

I can't say I don't agree with the author. Jensen just looks terribly delicious there, and he wasn't even trying. I've often wondered why I don't see him modeling in GQ and other magazines. The man is made for the camera.

sallysweeet

sallysweeet

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 6:48 AM

Thanks for this blurb, I've never read that before.

LAwww...That's really sweet. A few years later, she and Jensen met someplace, maybe it was on the plane between LA and Vancouver and I can't remember the exact quote but she still had some very sweet things to say about him, apparently they'd have a very nice talk.

I thought I remembered a story about a tweet, but I couldn't remember if it was Annette O'Toole or Jane Seymour. You're right, it was Annette O'Toole and I went looking and found what she tweeted:

"Sad about Smallville good-bye. Sat next to Jensen Ackles on plane home. Reminiscing w/him was SO comforting. What a lovely person he is."

Loved Tim Surette's comments in his review. :-)

hat

hat

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 1:44 PM

What a lovely person he is."

ITA, Jensen is a class act, which is more than I can say for most other actors.

Plus, this kind of tickled me;

I think he's wonderful, and kind of cute, too."

Kind of cute? LOL, the man is hot.

april26

april26

Fanatic

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 4:39 PM

Who said he is kind of cute Annette O' Toole? She has a daughter who is just 5 years younger then Jensen and she could have had a son of Jensen age ( she would have been a young mom, but not a teen mom), so maybe this is why she thinks he is cute.

Edited by april26, Apr 26, 2012 @ 4:43 PM.

FastenSeatBelts

FastenSeatBelts

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 6:14 AM

I think he's wonderful, and kind of cute, too.

Yeah, right. He's just so cute and I've been told he totally "wuvs hugz".
The guy is 34 and even if he was younger, I've never met a single male being, who got all cheerful when someone told him he was cute. But with Supernatural Ackles and Padalecki will be "the boys" and "cute" until the end of time.
I don't even wanna start talking about how everything they do do ("You said do do") seems to be so cute, too. They smile. Argh! How cute! They cry. Just so lovely! They rape someone. Delight, delight! (Umm...yeah forget about the last one)
Not that I don't like the show, I love it as long as it's not too ridiculous and I'm pretty sure I'll cry when the final episode is airing but for his own sake, I just don't think it's something you wanna spend the rest of your life with.
Quit while you're ahead! Well might be to late for that one... but how about open your parachute before you hit the ground. So how about something new and challenging?

Edited by FastenSeatBelts, Apr 27, 2012 @ 6:22 AM.

hat

hat

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 8:55 AM

Yeah, right. He's just so cute

At the time Annete O'Toole said that, if I'm not mistaken, Jensen was quite young. He was on Smallville and only about what? 25? 26? So he wasn't the man he is now.

I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to say in your post though FastenSeatBelts. Should Jensen just give up the show and move onto something else? Probably, but then again, SPN is a sure thing whereas many a talented and handsome men in hollywood are starving because of lack of work.

With the fast turnover of pretty faces in hollywood, nothing is guaranteed and I can't blame Jensen for using a vehiicle that may at least set him for a long time, if not for life, then move on when the show finally ends.

Look at all the alumni from other successful shows who have gone nowhere, no matter how popular they were at the time of their series. Very few make it to another successful series.

I would love to see Jensen in another series, with him as the lead, but there are no guarantees, and even if he lands one, there's no guarantee it will take off.