Speculation Without Spoilers: The Crystal Ball

• Please log in to reply

3786 replies to this topic

Gwonk

Gwonk

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 7:14 AM

Or she's one of those crazy uber-religious folks who thinks a naked man with magic super-healing abilities is a Sign From God and that as such, she should be an honest woman and get married since they live together and stuff.

Seems the least complicated.

Observe

Observe

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 7:27 AM

Or she's one of those crazy uber-religious folks who thinks a naked man with magic super-healing abilities is a Sign From God and that as such, she should be an honest woman and get married since they live together and stuff.

She looked disturbingly serene after her "ordeal." I'd say that's definite proof she is a religious nutter of some denomination.

Phebe Marie

Phebe Marie

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 7:03 PM

Cas as Gabriel said "Oh, my gracious" at one point, an expression he probably picked up from Daphne. "Oh, my gracious" sounds like a "swear" word someone who's being written as stereotypically uber-religious.

Tralah

Tralah

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 8:47 PM

You mean Cas as Emanuel. ;) Anyway, I agree. Someone mentioned to me that Cas sounded like Ned Flanders the way he said that! LOL

yimhappy

yimhappy

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 3:12 PM

Dick Roman seems as if he could be defeated simply by spiking his latte with ant killer. Which does contain borax by the way.

Ha! I'm calling the end of S7. I totally stole this quote from Blackmantra52 from the showrunner thread.
Would this plan work better if Dean/Sam fed borax to a cheese covered dying victim of the week??
Surely that's not too redundant of Mommie Dearest??

Or...
Dean & Dick fight with light sabers over a vat of Borax?

Tralah

Tralah

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 9:37 AM

I think the sock puppet, Mr. Fizzles, needs to die. Bobby seems lonely as a ghost, so the puppet could come back as a ghost!puppet to keep Bobby company.

FastenSeatBelts

FastenSeatBelts

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 10:59 AM

Ahhh! I had the weirdest dream last night.
I was watching the final episode of Supernatural and apparently TPTB decided to end the show with a mind-blowing firework of nonsense, so they kind of adapted "A Beautiful Mind" and we were forced to watch Sam and Dean sitting alone in an asylum, pinning papers to the walls and fighting their own shadows, while thinking they were on the road fighting evil.
It turned out that they both went insane when their mother died and they'd never even left the hospital. So all of the episodes and seasons were a complete waste of time cause none of it happened, not even in the fictional world.

If someone's asking for me, I'll be in the basement, eating chocolate and chanting "Please don't do that to me, please don't do that to me..."

Raynell

Raynell

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 11:49 AM

I'm calling it: Sam and Dean will defeat Dick and the Levis by dunking cheese on them, forcing them to bib themselves while TFW et al watch the feeding frenzy. I would usually say any silly predictions I make have no chance of coming true, but after I predicted, wholly in jest, that Sam and Dean would be hunting unicorns this season, I've become fearful of my powers of idiotic predictions.

I also think Bobby will become Reaper!Bobby. Who wouldn't want a reaper to call you "Idjit" if you refuse to believe you're dead and yell "Balls!" if you refuse to move on?

Edited by Raynell, Apr 19, 2012 @ 11:51 AM.

Blackmantra53

Blackmantra53

Fanatic

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 2:59 PM

So all of the episodes and seasons were a complete waste of time cause none of it happened, not even in the fictional world

Sadly I can see some variation of this happening, be it a "Dallas"-like shower scene or dear old Carver Edlund waking up from a drunken nap whilst sitting at his word processor churning out dime novels.

Bruinsfan

Bruinsfan

Stalker

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 4:35 PM

If the last scene of the series is Chad Allen staring vacantly at an Impala model while Kansas plays in the background, I will go on an effing rampage.

MadCaps

MadCaps

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 6:53 PM

A straight-jacketed Colin Ford in an asylum would be my guess.

Edited by MadCaps, Apr 19, 2012 @ 6:53 PM.

yimhappy

yimhappy

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 7:21 PM

This is probably obvious, but I'm going to call it anyway.

Castiel will eventually wake up. But Lucifer scrambled will have brains too much for Cas to use his stronger powers. It's too dangerous for Cas to time travel or resurrect with an uncertain mental state. Cas' illness will cause Dean to stare into his eyes. :)

So, we'll have depowered-angel-Cas. Also, Cas will want to help solve the Leviathan problem, but none of Cas' former Heavenly friends will be willing to help. It's TFW alone again, saving the world.

Xiaomei

Xiaomei

Channel Surfer

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 11:01 PM

I have the sinking sensation that the Levis will pull a Lilith on the Winchesters and all, and actually become more powerful/unleash worse than hell on earth/chain up God or something awful along those lines when they perform their little spell.

Then just hand the brothers to the authorities. I can see the finale with both Sam and Dean in jail and Bobby as an angry wandering ghost.

Blackmantra53

Blackmantra53

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 7:53 AM

I think you are going to win the prize yimhappy.

femalecobbler

femalecobbler

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 10:54 AM

Castiel will eventually wake up. But Lucifer scrambled will have brains too much for Cas to use his stronger powers. It's too dangerous for Cas to time travel or resurrect with an uncertain mental state...snip...Cas will want to help solve the Leviathan problem, but none of Cas' former Heavenly friends will be willing to help

I think you are going to win the prize yimhappy

It's pretty sad when the show has become this predictable.

Bruinsfan

Bruinsfan

Stalker

Posted May 23, 2012 @ 5:32 PM

Ported over from the 7.23 Thread:

I'm wondering if they are going to have his powers limited in Purgatory. Eve could "unplug" him and angels were powerless against Leviathans so it's not a given he will be fully powered in Purgatory.

Cas at least still seems able to vanish at will, so he's not entirely powerless. Back at the end of Season 6 he was able to reach into Purgatory and swallow up everything residing there. And he also used the "unplugging" trick against Raphael, so it's at least possible that knowing how it works would allow him to defend himself against it. My guess is his fractured mental state will prove more of a limitation than any effect the natural laws of Purgatory have on his abilities.

hat

hat

Couch Potato

Posted May 24, 2012 @ 12:15 PM

From the episode thread

As for the post about Cas beaming up and now being with Sam

I can't see Cas abandoning Dean in the middle of monsters just to be with Sam. Dean is in more immediate danger and if Cas could go in and out of Purgatory why didn't he do it before? Or tell Dean and Sam that all they had do to was trap numbnuts Dick and he'd take him back to Purgatory without having to go through all the trouble of bones and blood?

I think Cas is as stuck in Purgatory as Dean is. He may be able to zap in and out of a certain location, but not the place itself, otherwise, the whole finale setup wasn't even worth the bother to set up in the first place if all Cas had to do was zap out and reopen the portal and wallah, Dean is rescued. I would expect something this simple from Gamble, but with Carver, I'm hoping for more suspense and good story telling with some actual work from the characters, not rely on another resolution ala deus ex machina.

sallymonelly

sallymonelly

Couch Potato

Posted May 24, 2012 @ 12:58 PM

Cas beaming up and now being with Sam

I can see it now

Cas: Don't worry Sam, I'm here to hold your hand so you won't be stuck in this crappy world all by yourself.

Sam: Where's Dean?

Cas: Don't worry about Dean, he's ok. He's in purgatory but last I checked before I came up here to make sure you knew you weren't all alone, he was all right. Now, about those Leviathans...

Raynell

Raynell

Channel Surfer

Posted May 24, 2012 @ 1:43 PM

Cute. :D But as much as I want Sam and Cas together, I think this is really a great development. We've never seen Sam, real Sam, alone and having to make connections of his own. Before, he had Ruby who quickly filled the void left by Dean so she could manipulate him. Then S6 and the time jump, Sam hunted with the Campbells by his soulless self. And of course, all these attempts at independence backfired. I just really, really want show to allow Sam to make decisions that 1) stick and 2) turn out for the best although I expect there to be some repercussions while he's trying to break Dean out. For the past few years, it's been just so predictable: Sam makes a decision out of kindness, love, sympathy, etc. and Dean disagrees, and more often than not, those decisions come back to bite him in the ass. Sam is not a little boy, he's an adult. It's time SPN treats him like one.

As for Cas and Dean in Purgatory, I decided I like the development and potential although I prefer if Cas's powers are a bit unlimited or useless there for the fun. It does provide a way for them to repair their friendship, but if show doesn't go too much in depth with it, I'm fine with it. Mostly, I like them stuck in Purgatry because Dean needs a guide while there. Though angels did not know the location, they were aware it existed so I'm sure they knew some stuff, just not all. *

*This is yet another point highlighting the utter stupidity of Dick digging up the tablet with the Levi-Be-Gone recipe. If Cas had told Sam and Dean about the tablets, which no one could read other than a prophet, and Dick found out and tried to head off Sam and Dean at the pass, that would have made more sense.

Blackmantra53

Blackmantra53

Fanatic

Posted May 24, 2012 @ 2:36 PM

We've never seen Sam, real Sam, alone and having to make connections of his own.

We have, in Mystery Spot, and Sam seemed to have made no attempt whatsoever to connect with anyone. He hunted, but failed to find Trickster/Gabriel and finally was willing to kill Bobby to achieve his goal. In the end he ended up begging Gabriel for his brother and Gabriel took pity on him.
This time however, I hope he will make some solid connexions (and friends) and achieve his goal without being compromised in the process. It would be nice to see some positive character growth for Sam out of this.

hat

hat

Couch Potato

Posted May 24, 2012 @ 3:18 PM

I wouldn't mind Cas' powers being limited in, say, affecting him but nothing else. For example, he can disappear and appear, but cannot use his powers against the monsters or zap Dean out of harm's way. He cannot make a dinner table appear complete with dinner and beer. I'd like to see Dean's innovation and fast thinking at work. Branches can be made into spears, there are items that can be used to make explosive, like sulfer. Basically, have Dean have to think and act like a real hunter. Or I could be asking too much from these writers.

roseandthedoc37

roseandthedoc37

Video Archivist

Posted May 27, 2012 @ 4:06 PM

My guess is his fractured mental state will prove more of a limitation than any effect the natural laws of Purgatory have on his abilities.[quote]

Castiel did seem to be acting like his old self for some reason, and and I'm guessing he feels even with his power a million monsters to one angel, and one hunter don't equal much in Purgatory. So I'm guessing he went to quickly look for a hiding place for them, and plans on grabbing Dean when he finds one. I'd love to see Him, and Dean taking on some of the creatures, I'm pretty sure their going to get their butts kicked before they find some back door way out of there.

kara714

kara714

Video Archivist

Posted May 27, 2012 @ 11:41 PM

Cas: Don't worry Sam, I'm here to hold your hand so you won't be stuck in this crappy world all by yourself.

Sam: Where's Dean?

Cas: Don't worry about Dean, he's ok. He's in purgatory but last I checked before I came up here to make sure you knew you weren't all alone, he was all right. Now, about those Leviathans...

At first I LOL'd at how cleverly absurd this was. Then I remembered some of the Bobby scenes from the last three years and it doesn't seem so far-fetched now.

I am really excited to see what they do with Dean and Cas in purgatory. The possibilities are almost limitless if the writers want to stretch their imagination and actually make this a larger arc as opposed to zapping them back in the first episode via some plothole is bafflingly presented as a brilliant idea by Sam, as this show is wont to do.

Edited by kara714, May 27, 2012 @ 11:43 PM.

Observe

Observe

Video Archivist

Posted May 28, 2012 @ 10:18 AM

The possibilities are almost limitless if the writers want to stretch their imagination and actually make this a larger arc

I really hope they do this, as I think it could refresh the dynamic between all three main characters in this scenario. I'm amazed to feel excited by the possibilities for S8 and for Team Free Will being reunited after the dismal tedium of S7.

wench

wench

Channel Surfer

Posted May 30, 2012 @ 4:30 PM

Well, scrap reinvigorating the characters through the purgatory storyline, if Bob Singer's quotes in the TVGuide interview are accurate:

https://twitter.com/...0/photo/1/large

I know, wait for the episodes, but they have a really bad track record.

So, the dreaded and lazy "time jump" is implied. As well as implied that "Dean in Purgatory" will be unseen and is basically background for Sam's human story... or at least it's hard not to interpret it that way.

Way to kill, drown, burn alive any squee I had at all. I was more excited than I've been in years, all squooshed in a nano-second, much like a dreaded time jump.

phidra

phidra

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 30, 2012 @ 4:52 PM

So, the dreaded and lazy "time jump" is implied. As well as implied that "Dean in Purgatory" will be unseen and is basically background for Sam's human story... or at least it's hard not to interpret it that way.

Cripes, can this show get its head out of its ass and start thinking about other characters and other storylines? Is it that hard? FU Show.

Singer does know there is another character named Dean who also has fans who would more than love for Dean to have an actual story of his own, right? Right?

Ok, wait and see, just be patient phidra and don't panic. Surely maybe Carver realizes the show has Dean Winchester in it.

hat

hat

Couch Potato

Posted May 30, 2012 @ 5:34 PM

Well, scrap reinvigorating the characters through the purgatory storyline, if Bob Singer's quotes in the TVGuide interview are accurate:

So much for new and creative showrunner. I guess even Carver couldn't come up with anything new, or any story for Dean. Maybe he should talk to the showrunners and writers of Grimm, oh wait, that might actually give him some new ideas, something Supernatural seems to be dead against.

Edited by hat, May 30, 2012 @ 5:34 PM.

sallymonelly

sallymonelly

Couch Potato

Posted May 30, 2012 @ 6:36 PM

Why doesn't this surprise me. I expected nothing from this show, and I won't be disappointed. If the whole purgatory story is going to be reduced to what is wrong with Sam and how he dealt with being so alone while Dean was having a grand old time in purgatory, well, that's the way the show has always spun. Nothing new, and nothing to look forward to. I'll probably miss most of the episodes anyway, like I have the past two seasons, and just like the past two seasons, I doubt I will be missing much. Certainly I won't be missing Sam's naval gazing as he ponders the whys of his being chosen to be so special.

leela46

leela46

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 1, 2012 @ 1:44 AM

I can see it now. A whole season about how Sam suffered while Dean was partying down in Purgatory. Damn, and I was so excited for next season. Sounds like it's going to be the same old shit.

saltrounds

saltrounds

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 1, 2012 @ 6:48 AM

I think Singer does tend to say rather generic things doesn't he? And while I would think Carver probably produced the outline for S8 when he was being headhunted for the showrunner position (which I assume he was) and must have included this element of it, it's possible they haven't gone into the specifics. And I can't honestly imagine the show would totally waste the fantastic arc that several Dean-Cas focused episodes set in Purgatory could provide. I mean: would they, seriously? Waste a really epic potential storyline featuring the most popular character (and arguably the second-most popular character) on the show; a storyline that could have an incredible emotional impact on those characters and the audience?

Oh, wait a minute… I just remembered season 7.