Speculation Without Spoilers: The Crystal Ball

• Please log in to reply

3786 replies to this topic

La Anah

La Anah

Fanatic

Posted Nov 4, 2005 @ 4:36 PM

It was brought up in the spoiler thread that this might be useful.

tenaciousmetoo

tenaciousmetoo

Fanatic

Posted Nov 4, 2005 @ 4:39 PM

ooooh, i like this idea. Always fun to see just how wrong I am.

Lotamoxie

Lotamoxie

Fanatic

Posted Nov 4, 2005 @ 4:42 PM

I was spoiled for DiTW and was sorry afterwards. I prefer the surprises.

faninohio

faninohio

Stalker

Posted Nov 4, 2005 @ 4:46 PM

Oh, absolutely, me too! I HATE knowing what's coming up. I love the *gasp* factor.

Brunette

Brunette

Fanatic

Posted Nov 4, 2005 @ 8:53 PM

Okay, I'm spoiled, but I thought I'd drop by and speculate about some things that have nothing to do with spoilers. In the old thread, someone said that the guys should get a dog. And I wholeheartedly agree. I think they should pick up some mutt from the side of the road. I can just see Dean wanting to keep it, all excited about having a dog, while Sam "Mr. Practical" thinks it's not such a good idea.

Oooh, and then the dog could have psychic powers or something and tries to rescue them or warn them about upcoming dangers. Hmmm.

And my mom and I have officially decided that Jacob Young from All My Children should guest star as a long lost cousin of the Winchester Boys.

TiffanyNichelle

TiffanyNichelle

Fanatic

Posted Nov 4, 2005 @ 10:33 PM

And my mom and I have officially decided that Jacob Young from All My Children should guest star as a long lost cousin of the Winchester Boys.

I was watching AMC last week and it totally hit me that he looked a little like JA. He could be a cousin, lol.

Brunette

Brunette

Fanatic

Posted Nov 4, 2005 @ 11:45 PM

I was watching AMC last week and it totally hit me that he looked a little like JA. He could be a cousin, lol.

He even has some of Jensen's snark in him. He's one of my fav AMC characters because of all of his snarky one-liners. I think he would be great as a recurring guest character on SN.

Aunty Mib

Aunty Mib

Fanatic

Posted Nov 5, 2005 @ 6:22 PM

I think they should pick up some mutt from the side of the road. I can just see Dean wanting to keep it, all excited about having a dog, while Sam "Mr. Practical" thinks it's not such a good idea.

And it turns out to be a Black Dog.

OK, one of these days WB might grow up and show this. As per the HoYay discussion Dean is a bit too much noise and too little action with the ladies. Maybe they'll have him interested in guys. (BTW, not just wishful thinking.)

jediknight

jediknight

Stalker

Posted Nov 5, 2005 @ 8:21 PM

We've got to see the Men in Black this season. This was discussed on the old thread, but with the fake identification, Dean being dead, and the fact they don't wear gloves this has to lead to the Men in Black. For me, "Phantom Traveller" sealed the belief that they will break out the Men in Black. In that episode the Brothers Winchester impersonated Homeland Security.

Perhaps that's what John Winchester did while in the Marines. Maybe they'll go the route that John was one of them or in training to become one, and then stopped.

zoeyblue13

zoeyblue13

Fanatic

Posted Nov 7, 2005 @ 4:50 PM

I'm not sure where to put this because its not really an UL...

I've been noodling on an idea that could work in a fic, but since I don't write, I'd love to see it onscreen. I'd like the boys to go to a town that has some kind of secret, that they are all a part of, an agreed form of worship or "rules" that the townsfolk follow. I keep thinking of the short story, "The Lottery", but I'd like it to be more otherworldly. Maybe there are spirits the town has to appease to keep them from seeking revenge on their descendants. I'm pretty spoiler-free so if something like this is upcoming, I'll be giddy.

tenaciousmetoo

tenaciousmetoo

Fanatic

Posted Nov 7, 2005 @ 4:54 PM

Why don't you cross-post in the FanFic thread, zoey? I'm sure one of the many talented will be happy to oblige you (in case the SN writers take too long).

keita

keita

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 10, 2005 @ 12:42 AM

Okay, I finally went and checked out the Supernatural official site from WB. I have to say reading through their father's journal, I get this feeling that there's a whole lot of back story they can explore, especially the part where PapaDean said that MamaDean used to keep many journals. And all those journals were burnt when the fire went up in flames 22 years ago. I am wondering if MamaDean actually had some tie-ins to these evil beings that brought her down.

Also, PapaDean wrote about how Dean refused to talk when MamaDean first died, and everyday, he would be by PapaDean's side. He also won't leave Sammy's side as he woke up everyday in his crib with arms wrapped tightly around Sam, trying to protect him. Eventually, they just shared to same bed because that's the only way Sammy and Dean could feel safe asleep. I thought these snippets were really interesting and served as a backdrop of their past.

I'm now trying to unlock the locker combination and the laptop. It is kind of a fun site to visit.

Supernatural Warner Bros

ETA: add in link
ETA2: yuck, spelling and grammar

Edited by keita, Nov 10, 2005 @ 10:35 AM.

hakirby

hakirby

Fanatic

Posted Nov 10, 2005 @ 7:31 AM

The Locker is actually quite boring, but it's interesting to work out what they might face.

Milz

Milz

Fanatic

Posted Nov 10, 2005 @ 9:42 AM

I am wondering if MamaDean actually had some tie-ins to these evil beings that brought her down.

Good point. The speculation has around here has been that MamaDean was the victim of something DaddyDean was involved in. It could possibly be the other way around. Maybe a younger MamaDean was a part of an occult group or maybe as a teenager she contacted something through a ouija board. (Or it could be that all blonde women are just demons and that's why the Blonde women die in the show and the brunette women don't.)

keita

keita

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 10, 2005 @ 10:41 AM

Maybe a younger MamaDean was a part of an occult group or maybe as a teenager she contacted something through a ouija board. (Or it could be that all blonde women are just demons and that's why the Blonde women die in the show and the brunette women don't.)

I got the impression from the journals that PapaDean didn't start the hunting until after MamaDean died. It would really be interesting if it were a ouija board related spirit. In Japanese urban legend, we have Kokkuri-san and she's one heck of a freaky ouija spirit. I wonder if SN will ever do something like that.

Remember Cute!Dean told Hot!Dean that there was something he wasn't telling Hot!Dean? I was wondering if Jess was pregnant. 22 years ago, Cute!Dean was a baby, so maybe the spirit thing resurfaced because Jess was pregnant?

It bothers me also about how in Bloody Mary, the mirror was saying Sam dreamt about the death of Jess, but ignored it. Hopefully these questions will be solved next week.

Irvys Sefie

Irvys Sefie

Fanatic

Posted Nov 10, 2005 @ 10:50 AM

I was wondering if Jess was pregnant. 22 years ago, Cute!Dean was a baby, so maybe the spirit thing resurfaced because Jess was pregnant?

Oh Lord I hope not, if for nothing more than me not wanting to see Sam cry over not only his dead girlfriend but an unborn child as well. Sam's been through hell as it is and I don't want to see him angst any more than needbe.

Though that would be a pretty neat idea. :)

hakirby

hakirby

Fanatic

Posted Nov 11, 2005 @ 5:48 AM

We've all spent so much time wondering about DaddyDean, or the boys themselves, re Celine Demon.

I was wondering if we're looking in the wrong place, not who CuteDean's real father might be, but what MamaDean's ancestry might be. Maybe it's more than playing with the Ouija board, she's got demon blood or something.

What's pennies and cents on the exchange rate?

Magus

Magus

Fanatic

Posted Nov 11, 2005 @ 7:08 AM

Having Celine Demon be connected to Mama Dean is certainly as valid as any other theory, and I have a sneaking fondness for it myself. Prior to Bloody Mary I wondered if Celine Demon just targeted the Winchesters randomly and then returned for kicks, but the visions negated that theory (yes, yes, I know- if CD were particularly sadistic it would torment Sam prior to the fact just to milk the maximum amount of angst, but this is a WB show).

If the writers were to particularly stress the Sam/Daddy similarities, they could reveal that John left his hunting behind and put his skills to better use by joining the military. It would explain a lot, including his very high level of skill and his uncanny ability to find real monsters. The reason why he didn't tell his sons the truth about the family trade is simple: he's afraid that they'd turn their backs on him. It would also give some further explanation to his behaviour to Sam, including the secret check-ups. Myself, I prefer the Mama Dean connection if there has to be a connection, but YMMV.

Milz

Milz

Fanatic

Posted Nov 11, 2005 @ 9:02 AM

The only hole I can see if MamaWinchester has some kind of occult background which is why she was killed by Celine Demon, then did Jessica too because Sam appears to be the focus?

Or is Sam like the baby in the Rumpelstillkin fairy tale? The miller's daughter in Rumpelstillskin made a deal with R. to spin the hay into gold for the price of her firstborn child. Later, R. came to collect, but the miller's daughter made another deal with him---that find out my name thing. What if MamaWinchester made a similar deal with Celine Demon sometime after Dean was born? For example, maybe the marriage wasn't too great or maybe the family business was failing and MamaWinchester made a deal with Celine to fix the problem. The price was the next child born: Sam. Celine comes to collect. MamaWinchester tries to save Sam and gets skewered.

Edited by Milz, Nov 11, 2005 @ 10:10 AM.

tenaciousmetoo

tenaciousmetoo

Fanatic

Posted Nov 27, 2005 @ 9:23 PM

So, I've been thinking. If the writers of this show have any restraint at all, they won't be showing the Celine Demon again. I'm sure they won't be able to resist, but consider the pattern they've presented:

November 2nd is FlameDay.
That's the 11th Month, 2nd day.
11x2 = 22.
The burnings were 22 years apart.
Both were initiated for Sammy's viewing pleasure.

Which means, that the Celine Demon isn't due for another 22 years, on November 2nd, when Sammy will be 44 or 45 years old.

Unless they feel an urgent need to do some silly flash-forward thing, the writers might want to just back off and let this thing simmer for speculation.

Giggling Kat

Giggling Kat

Fanatic

Posted Nov 27, 2005 @ 11:42 PM

I was thinking that it might always be 11/2 and it's just attacking elsewhere. That it came back to Sam is a weirdness.

Which means it's targeting the women and there's something connecting Mom and Jess. Unless it's targeting women close to psychics then it's still Sam.

OK. Brain needs sleep.

Bitterswete

Bitterswete

Stalker

Posted Nov 29, 2005 @ 1:49 PM

If I see another post at another board that starts, "It would be so cool if they added a young female character to the cast to ride in the back seat, and she could snark with Dean, and have intellectual discussions with Sam, and she'd be a kick ass fighter, as good as the guys, and one of the guys could have feelings for her, or maybe both of them could..." I'll scream.

There only seem to be a handful of people who want this, but it's enough to put it out there, you know? Like bad karma.

Personally, the only place I want such a character pop up is in SPN Mary Sue fic...which I can avoid. Please, not on the show.

Fortunately, I don't really think it's likely. But every time some fan enthuses about how "great" this would be, I feel a little twinge of dread.

Edited by Bitterswete, Nov 29, 2005 @ 1:52 PM.

faninohio

faninohio

Stalker

Posted Nov 29, 2005 @ 1:56 PM

Great? That's a really whacked definition of great. It would suck snake scrotum if they added a girl to tag a long. The show should always be about the two brothers hunting/fighting evil.

Now I wouldn't mind if they gave Dean a babe to bang on occasion...the boy does need to release some of that pent up stuff he's got going on.

hakirby

hakirby

Fanatic

Posted Nov 30, 2005 @ 11:22 AM

I'd be for a recurring female character, as long as maybe she turned out to be the Celine Demon. That's got legs.

I'm of the opinion that Dean has something to do with Jess meeting Celine.

La Anah

La Anah

Fanatic

Posted Nov 30, 2005 @ 11:32 AM

I think the key thing is recurring, not permanent. Having a character pop up every 5 episodes or so can be a good thing. It increases continuity, and makes the world seem more real. However, there isn't any room in the show's premise (or the metallicar) for a third main character (except maybe a dog).

charly

charly

Fanatic

Posted Nov 30, 2005 @ 5:53 PM

I would hate a permenant female character with the fire of a thousand suns. Who actually wants that?

Sugar Bumbee 01

Sugar Bumbee 01

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 30, 2005 @ 6:18 PM

I would hate a permenant female character with the fire of a thousand suns.

Oh, charly I am SO with you on this! This show is about the BrothersDean... no one else. I think it would detract from the rhythm of the show. Occasional girls here and there, maybe one that pops up a couple times... but THAT'S IT.

Edited by Sugar Bumbee 01, Nov 30, 2005 @ 6:18 PM.

fay

fay

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 1, 2005 @ 12:02 AM

Big freakin' WORD to charly and Bumbee. Maybe, at some point in the show's future, I could possibly deal, but anywhere in the near future would make a female character come off very contrived and shoehorned, IMO.

mar-g-wan

mar-g-wan

Posted Dec 1, 2005 @ 2:03 AM

I would hate a permenant female character with the fire of a thousand suns. Who actually wants that?

Wordy. Word. Word! I can't understand anyone who actually seriously suggests that. Everytime I hear it I wish I could somehow magically erase it just so that way it isn't out there. Because there is some idiot at the WB just waiting to take that idea and go "Hey look people want a chick as a regular cast member, to get in between the brothers and who kicks more ass than they do and is really super smart..." Ugh

Aunty Mib

Aunty Mib

Fanatic

Posted Dec 1, 2005 @ 3:01 AM

Providing it was Missouri, as a reocurring character, I could live with that.

A young, pretty, 'girl-friend-to-make-them-look-less-gay'. Please check back on old episodes of "Big Wolf on Campus". nuh-huh.