Blind Items: Guess Who, Don't Sue

• Please log in to reply

776 replies to this topic

taanja

taanja

Couch Potato

Posted May 21, 2012 @ 1:22 PM

Maybe the BFF's are Addison and whoever she is Bff's with on her show. But in real life they don't like one another? I thought I had read over the years that SO and EP were friends. Maybe not hang out with one another after work kind of friends but still friends.

Hope Springs

Hope Springs

Channel Surfer

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 3:41 PM

It doesn't make sense for the blind item to be about Chyler, because it specifically states that the male actor blackmailed the female actor by spreading rumors that she hit on married producers, which she has not done. Patrick Dempsey and Eric Dane are both married, so if she slept with one of them she wouldn't be above hitting on married producers, nor would it be a damaging rumor compared to what everyone already knows.

ETA: As are Justin Chambers, James Pickens, Jr. and Kevin McKidd, and I don't think Jesse Williams would be considered a "bigger star" than Chyler Leigh.

Edited by Hope Springs, May 22, 2012 @ 3:43 PM.

WindSprints

WindSprints

Stalker

Posted May 23, 2012 @ 3:41 PM

Maybe the BFF's are Addison and whoever she is Bff's with on her show.

Doubtful. Audra McDonald played Addison's BFF and left the show (actress lives in NY) in 2011. I don't see how a blind item could possibly be about them a year later. I think its 2 actresses currently on a medical drama. Sandra Oh and Ellen Pompeo are the only 2 female BFFs on a medical show I can think of.

Al Funcoot

Al Funcoot

Fanatic

Posted Aug 23, 2012 @ 10:11 PM

Buzzfeed has an article where a reality TV producer discusses the manipulation they've seen.

One show that really walked the line was a design competition show as the show went on, the network became aware of what characters viewers were responding to, and the actual competition got lost and it was just like, "who do we want to kick off this week? How can we manipulate things so one person leaves or one person stays?" One season the winner was supposed to win their own show, and the network continuously kept this cast member who was far less qualified and far less intelligent than the others but who was cute and bubbly and filled a demographic niche they were looking to fill for a host on their network. By the end the network got their way, and she won. But it turned out she had just gotten pregnant, but they were like, "oh, we don't want a pregnant lady." They worked it out somehow with her she never got a show. It was kind of shitty, although it was also poetic justice that the network pushed this lesser product and it backfired.

That sounds a lot like one of Scripp' shows, though I can't remember if this happened with Next Food Network Star or HGTV Design Star. Does anyone have a better memory? IIRC both had a winner who faded out and never got as much of a chance as other winners.

selkie

selkie

Fanatic

Posted Aug 24, 2012 @ 11:50 AM

One of the Design Star winners ended up never getting her own show because she had a special needs baby shortly after that season wrapped. Can't recall her name- maybe Jennifer?

biakbiak

biakbiak

Stalker

Posted Aug 27, 2012 @ 2:23 PM

as the show went on, the network became aware of what characters viewers were responding to, and the actual competition got lost and it was just like

The weird thing is most of the FN and HGTV shows have been in the can for awhile by the time they start airing, so I don't understand how they could have done that. I guess in early seasons when viewers voted on the finale but still the episodes were filmed before it started airing.

SamX

SamX

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 27, 2012 @ 10:11 PM

The weird thing is most of the FN and HGTV shows have been in the can for awhile by the time they start airing, so I don't understand how they could have done that. I guess in early seasons when viewers voted on the finale but still the episodes were filmed before it started airing.

I pretty much assume most competition shows with a returning cast do that actually in terms of keeping on people they think make good TV. They certainly could focus group the daily cuts if an audience somehow was a measure they used as it filmed. I used to do online entertainment surveys where they would sometimes show me clips of things and ask my opinion about specific things from the clip or general impressions. Some of them were commercials and some of them were from shows that later made it to TV. I used to get the surveys weekly, and they were fun to do, but I never knew how I got on their list and I changed my email so I don't get them anymore.

Edited by SamX, Aug 27, 2012 @ 10:12 PM.

Lola16

Lola16

Fanatic

Posted Oct 9, 2013 @ 6:21 PM

Not necessarily a blind item, but it's being reported that a main character on The Simpson will be killed off this year.

"I'll give you a clue that the actor playing the character won an Emmy for playing that character, but I won't say who it is," Jean shared in a conference call about the show's 25th season.

I'm voting for Sideshow Bob because Kelsey Grammer is probably a royal pain.

magicdog

magicdog

Fanatic

Posted Jan 23, 2014 @ 5:02 PM

New year, new dish:

From Entertainment Lawyer.....

This actor was A list back in the day. Mostly television. One hit network show to his credit. His name now has become a joke and his family even more so. Apparently he abandoned a child after a one night stand with the mom. No child support and no communication. Just a one time lump sum payment to the mom to go away. Now the kid is back and she says the mom from the one night stand was our actor's married co-star who divorced shortly after the baby was delivered. This is not Old Hollywood. Just big hair time period Hollywood.

This former B+ list mostly television actor from a hit network show would not let a lack of money keep him from drugs. The professed straight actor spent many a night with a guy in return for drugs.

This former A+ list television actress who bombed at movies and just about everything else got kicked out of a gay club this week because she wanted the bartenders to get naked and kept trying to make it happen with her hands and teeth.

Which TV host, who is married with children, was spotted locking lips with a very young and pretty intern the New Year’s eve? Known for his conservative beliefs and strong views supporting the traditional family, this talking head has been preaching the message of ‘do as a say, not as I do,’ for years! The ambitious intern, is said to know very well that he will never leave his wife, but having a powerful man on TV as a very close friend is something that she thinks will help her career! CLUE: We are talking about a very BIG man – who loves animals! WINK!

This B-/C+ list actor who recently lost his gig on a network show that has seen better days since it's peak a couple of years ago choked a woman on New Year's Eve in front of several people but she hasn't pressed charges and was from a different country so the actor might get really lucky. People were pulling him off her because she was close to passing out. They were both drunk.

Edited by magicdog, Jan 23, 2014 @ 5:05 PM.

corvus13

corvus13

Stalker

Posted Jan 23, 2014 @ 6:13 PM

We are talking about a very BIG man – who loves animals

Bob Barker?

ETA:
No, he isn't married, his wife died.

Edited by corvus13, Jan 23, 2014 @ 6:14 PM.

riley702

riley702

Fanatic

Posted Jan 23, 2014 @ 10:06 PM

Huckabee? If the "loves animals" part is sarcastic (WINK!). His kid has been in trouble for torturing and killing dogs. Huckabee defended him.

Edited by riley702, Jan 23, 2014 @ 10:07 PM.

magicdog

magicdog

Fanatic

Posted Jan 24, 2014 @ 10:55 AM

This actor was A list back in the day. Mostly television. One hit network show to his credit. His name now has become a joke and his family even more so

I'm thinking either David Hasselhoff or Alan Thicke (who definitely has a history of cheating).  Of course Hasselhoff is considered more of a joke.

Huckabee? If the "loves animals" part is sarcastic (WINK!). His kid has been in trouble for torturing and killing dogs

Never heard this! 

mansonlamps

mansonlamps

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 24, 2014 @ 1:15 PM

I don't know why but Jenna Elfman popped into my head when I read the one about the A+ tv star who bombed at everything else.

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

Posted Jan 24, 2014 @ 1:21 PM

Which TV host, who....

Dr. Phil.

ceindreadh

ceindreadh

Fanatic

Posted Jan 24, 2014 @ 6:37 PM

This actor was A list back in the day. Mostly television. One hit network show to his credit. His name now has become a joke and his family even more so

I'm thinking either David Hasselhoff or Alan Thicke (who definitely has a history of cheating).  Of course Hasselhoff is considered more of a joke.

David Hasselhoff though had 2 hit shows to his credit (Knight Rider & Baywatch)

SomeTameGazelle

SomeTameGazelle

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 25, 2014 @ 8:52 AM

David Hasselhoff though had 2 hit shows to his credit (Knight Rider & Baywatch)

The item specifies "hit network show" -- Baywatch was apparently cancelled by NBC after one season and was a hit as a syndicated series. Maybe Hasselhoff can't be ruled out on this point -- but what about his family also being a joke? I don't think I know who his family is so I don't know how ridiculous to think they are.

corvus13

corvus13

Stalker

Posted Jan 25, 2014 @ 6:43 PM

There was a major story a few years back about Hasselhoff being videotaped falling down drunk by his daughter, which led to his losing visitation rights with his kids for a while.

SomeTameGazelle

SomeTameGazelle

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 25, 2014 @ 7:17 PM

There was a major story a few years back about Hasselhoff being videotaped falling down drunk by his daughter, which led to his losing visitation rights with his kids for a while.

That sounds familiar. It just made Hasselhoff look bad rather than the daughter as I recall though. Robin Thicke is more like a joke. But for either of these who would the co-star be? I don't think Joanna Kerns was married during Growing Pains.

L star

L star

Fanatic

Posted Jan 26, 2014 @ 7:41 AM

This actor was A list back in the day. Mostly television. One hit network show to his credit. His name now has become a joke and his family even more so. Apparently he abandoned a child after a one night stand with the mom. No child support and no communication. Just a one time lump sum payment to the mom to go away. Now the kid is back and she says the mom from the one night stand was our actor's married co-star who divorced shortly after the baby was delivered. This is not Old Hollywood. Just big hair time period Hollywood.

I can't think of anyone who fits this other than Hasselhoff. So Patricia McPherson for the co-star?

This former B+ list mostly television actor from a hit network show would not let a lack of money keep him from drugs. The professed straight actor spent many a night with a guy in return for drugs.

I have no idea. There are masses of straight, former B-list television actors who could have a drug problem.

This former A+ list television actress who bombed at movies and just about everything else got kicked out of a gay club this week because she wanted the bartenders to get naked and kept trying to make it happen with her hands and teeth.

Jenna Elfman makes sense here. Hasn't she always had a bit of a crazy reputation? It could also be Kate Walsh. I would hesitate to call her A+ but Private Practice was launched on her name and character which definitely says A list. During that time she was everywhere. Other A+? Calista Flockhart. Kristin Davis and Cynthia Nixon. Julia Ormond. Debra Messing. My vote goes to Elfman, Walsh, or Messing. They were definite A list for a while, have no film career to speak of, and all have some serious craziness in their histories.

Which TV host, who is married with children, was spotted locking lips with a very young and pretty intern the New Year’s eve? Known for his conservative beliefs and strong views supporting the traditional family, this talking head has been preaching the message of ‘do as a say, not as I do,’ for years! The ambitious intern, is said to know very well that he will never leave his wife, but having a powerful man on TV as a very close friend is something that she thinks will help her career! CLUE: We are talking about a very BIG man – who loves animals! WINK!

Definitely Huckabee for the TV host. He's 58 and has grandchildren which is likely why the intern was described as 'very' young. 'Preaching'- he's a preacher. He's written books about his past obesity. Then there are all the reports on his son and animals. I think it has got to be Huckabee. It's not all that vague either.

This B-/C+ list actor who recently lost his gig on a network show that has seen better days since it's peak a couple of years ago choked a woman on New Year's Eve in front of several people but she hasn't pressed charges and was from a different country so the actor might get really lucky. People were pulling him off her because she was close to passing out. They were both drunk.

My instinct is Eric Dane. I don't have anything to back that up though and he actually left Grey's Anatomy in September 2012. I'm also not sure many people would say Grey's peaked two years ago. More like seven or eight. Other possibilities are Owain Yeoman from The Mentalist and Donald Glover or Chevy Chase from Community. I know I'm probably missing someone but from what I could tell, there aren't a lot of actors who left network shows in at least their third season in the past year.

Edited by L star, Jan 26, 2014 @ 7:55 AM.

corvus13

corvus13

Stalker

Posted Jan 26, 2014 @ 3:14 PM

Katherine Heigl?  She's been reduced to doing uncredited commercials.

zenyatta

zenyatta

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 29, 2014 @ 12:17 AM

Katherine Heigl? She's been reduced to doing uncredited commercials.

She also completed 2 movies that will be out this year, did voice work for Nut Job, is currently filming a movie and sold a show to NBC that she is producing and starring in. 

I have no idea if the other is Eric Dane but I don't consider 'recently' to be over a year ago.

Featherhat

Featherhat

Fanatic

Posted Jan 29, 2014 @ 9:01 PM

She also completed 2 movies that will be out this year, did voice work for Nut Job, is currently filming a movie and sold a show to NBC that she is producing and starring in.

But she still hasn't had a real (non animated hit) since The Ugly Truth in 2009, which is why she's headed back to TV.

magicdog

magicdog

Fanatic

Posted Feb 3, 2014 @ 2:27 PM

Some fresh items for February:

This C+ list actress who used to be an A list tweener was rejected by her former bosses for a role because they said she wasn't a good enough actress and not talented enough to play the role she created. It is a huge project and the actress thought she was going to get it and a steady large paycheck.

Could the "role she created" mean this person wrote the script, or originated the role on TV?   Maybe Hillary Duff?  Amanda Bynes?  Jaime Lynn Spears?  Couldn't be Alyssa Milano (she currently has "Project Runway All Stars").

This actor used to be A list. Mostly television. That seems not that long ago, but it is approaching five years without a steady gig. He still has the looks and the name but has got into trouble in the past with women who are not his wife. According to a hooker, she gets calls from the actor several times each week to meet him at a certain spot and she takes care of him in the car. He calls almost every day but usually only makes it to the spot a couple of times each week and pays her for the times he didn't show up too. He pays enough to her where all she does is wait for his call.

I'm thinking Matthew Fox.  He had Party of Five and Lost.   

This B- list mostly television actress now who used to be B list in the movies before she started aging picked up a guy at a bar last week and brought him back to her place. She used a different name and was wearing a wig so when the guy woke up in the morning and saw all the posters of our actress she has plastered all over the guest room the guy thought he had sex with an obsessed fan of the actress. He says she has posters and photos of herself everywhere. Almost every inch of the room.

Al Funcoot

Al Funcoot

Fanatic

Posted Feb 3, 2014 @ 5:36 PM

Couldn't be Alyssa Milano (she currently has "Project Runway All Stars").

Probably not for long. Project Runway All Stars has had three hosts in three seasons.

If the 'role she created' refers to a character she originally played, that probably means a reunion show. Are any shows formerly featuring tween A-listers discussing a reunion? The only ones I can think of are Boy Meets World (where Danielle Fischer is already employed) and Full House (which has been hinted at by the guys).

Are there plays getting adapted into TV series?

jazz

jazz

Fanatic

Posted Feb 4, 2014 @ 11:16 AM

From 2012-

These two costars from a hit network television are both closeted, but very much in love. They have not acted on their feelings, but spend all of their time together. Last week, one star told the other he was willing to risk everything to come out together as a couple. As a result of this confession, the other star has broken off the relationship and refuses to acknowledge or spend any more time with the man he is in love with. Both men are heartbroken.

Chace Crawford and Ed Westwick?

ParadoxLost

ParadoxLost

Fanatic

Posted Feb 8, 2014 @ 8:30 PM

This C+ list actress who used to be an A list tweener was rejected by her former bosses for a role because they said she wasn't a good enough actress and not talented enough to play the role she created. It is a huge project and the actress thought she was going to get it and a steady large paycheck.

This sounds like a reboot of a TV show or a movie based on a TV show. Maybe its Milano and the Charmed reboot CBS is doing. The bosses thing doesn't fit because its not the same creative team but maybe that is a veiled reference to 'Who's the Boss'

magicdog

magicdog

Fanatic

Posted Feb 14, 2014 @ 6:45 AM

This one is short but still creepy. This good looking B list mostly television actor is on a hit pay cable show. Our actor meets lots of women during his travels and at parties he goes to but his favorite past time is trolling through BACKPAGE (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backpage) and finding women he shoots videos with. He has three or four women he keeps at an apartment in LA and pays for all their expenses. The only thing required of them is to film scenes with him in a special sex room and he films it all. His last girlfriend wondered why he never let her spend the night and it is because most nights he is at this apartment with his little group of teen age women. Nothing over 19 for our actor.

MaryJessica3

MaryJessica3

Just Tuned In

Posted Feb 16, 2014 @ 5:44 PM

This one is short but still creepy. This good looking B list mostly television actor is on a hit pay cable show. Our actor meets lots of women during his travels and at parties he goes to but his favorite past time is trolling through BACKPAGE (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backpage) and finding women he shoots videos with. He has three or four women he keeps at an apartment in LA and pays for all their expenses. The only thing required of them is to film scenes with him in a special sex room and he films it all. His last girlfriend wondered why he never let her spend the night and it is because most nights he is at this apartment with his little group of teen age women. Nothing over 19 for our actor.

For some reason the first person I thought of was Matt Le Blanc.

anyanka323

anyanka323

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 16, 2014 @ 9:08 PM

This actor used to be A list. Mostly television. That seems not that long ago, but it is approaching five years without a steady gig. He still has the looks and the name but has got into trouble in the past with women who are not his wife. According to a hooker, she gets calls from the actor several times each week to meet him at a certain spot and she takes care of him in the car. He calls almost every day but usually only makes it to the spot a couple of times each week and pays her for the times he didn't show up too. He pays enough to her where all she does is wait for his call.

I'm thinking Matthew Fox.  He had Party of Five and Lost. 

Makes sense.  He's conspiciously absent from the PaleyFest's upcoming Lost mini-reunion. 

SweetToooth

SweetToooth

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 21, 2014 @ 12:50 AM

Could be Josh Duhamel. "Mostly" TV (he's been in movies) and "five years ago."  It went off the air in 2008. Also, there have been other hooker rumors, thus "gotten in trouble in the past."

Edited by SweetToooth, Feb 21, 2014 @ 4:52 AM.