Spoilers ONLY: NO discussion

• Please log in to reply

30254 replies to this topic

La Anah

La Anah

Fanatic

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 8:45 AM

Talk about the future! Now with no black bars.

witchofnovember

witchofnovember

Stalker

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 8:55 AM

To get it rolling, here is what we have so far:

General Spoilers

From The WB November Sweeps Press Release:

Continuing the Tuesday lineup is the hit drama SUPERNATURAL, which critics have called the "scariest series on television." On November 8, the Winchester brothers, Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles), begin a frantic search for the cause of an infestation of killer insects that threatens to engulf an entire community. November 15 is an emotional episode in which the brothers return to their childhood home - the scene of their mother's horrible death. On November 22, when Sam and Dean investigate a sanitarium with a history of abuse, the evil still residing in the building causes Sam to slowly lose his grip on sanity and turn on his brother.

Bugs

From casting sides for the episode Bugs (per La Anah):

The teenage son of the family they are helping doesn't get along with the father. Sam relates strongly to not living up to his father's expectations. But Dean doesn't understand Sam's ambivalent feelings about DaddyWinchester. It looks like as close as the brothers are, they each resent/are jealous of the other for different things. Dean feels abandoned and wishes he could have tried for a "normal" life (from Skin) and Sam thinks Dean has always been their father's favorite.

Home

An Inside TV article indicates that the boys see their mother's ghost during Home.

Idsanty writes of Home at Devoted Fans Network:

Dean and Sam return to their home of Lawrence, Kansas, where a new family has moved into the Winchester's old home. The family begins seeing and hearing frightening things, and the brothers think it might be haunted by the thing that killed their mother.

We meet Jenny Fields & 9 year old daughter Sari. Both have moved into the Old Winchester House. Sari wakes up from a "Burning Man" in her closet.

Sam is having Visions of Jenny. The boys head home to investigate why.

Jenny tells Sam that their Old House has "Issues"

Sam-"What do you mean?"

Jenny tells then about the rats scratching in the basement. Sari wants to know if "The Thing in her Closet" was there when they lived in the House.

The Boys come to the conclusion that the House is Haunted by a "Spirit Infestation"

Dean is uneasy about his Brothers' Visions. " I need to get used to it.....that's all" says Dean.

SUPERNATURAL” – (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET)
“Home”
DEAN AND SAM RETURN TO THEIR CHILDHOOD HOME FOR ANSWERS TO THEIR MOTHER'S FIERY DEATH – Sam (Jared Padalecki) is haunted by a vision of a woman trapped in his childhood house and convinces a reluctant Dean (Jensen Ackles) that they need to go home. Upon arrival, they meet the woman in Sam's premonition and she reveals that the house is haunted. Looking into their personal history, the brothers discover their father had visited a psychic (guest star Loretta Devine, “Waiting to Exhale,” “Crash”) after their mother's death and they turn to the same woman for answers of their own. Together they discover a malevolent poltergeist has inhabited the house and set out to exorcise it, but are blindsided when another unseen spirit steps in.

Faith

From Now Casting for the episode Faith (paraphrased by La Anah):

Dean is sick and they go to a faith healer. Dean only believes in what he sees, and Sam believes in God (of some sort). The isn't that much character/story arc stuff in the sides.

Scarecrow

Summary of sides from Now Casting regarding Scarecrow:

(*) A couple rolls into a small town to be met with a charming older couple and their 18 year old niece, Emily. They are directed by the older couple to the highway, only to find themselves lost in the cornfields after following the directions. The car dies and they are stranded.

(*) There is a discussion between Dean and a Professor about rune stones and a scarecrow and a reference to <i> the Asgaard</i>. Dean thanks the professor and turns to leave when he is knocked unconscious by the Sheriff. Apparently, the Sheriff and the Professor are involved with the dark dealings around town.

(*) It appears, from a dicussion among the townspeople, that there is a sacrifice to be made by a particular date in order to keep the town alive. The woman indicates that “the trees are already dying”. If the trees die, the town dies and the inhabitants will die. Dean and Emily will be the sacrificial victims.

(*) Apparently the source of the power was brought over from Norway by the town founders. As Dean and Emily are being taken to the sacrifice, Dean blasts the gathered townspeople about the number of others that have been killed. Emily and Dean are left as night comes – they are in the shadow of a large scarecrow that had been burned by Dean earlier.

(*) As they are waiting, Sam appears. He stole a car to get to the town we now discover is called Burkitsville. As he is untying Dean, Dean remarks “So you <b>are</b> like me.” He tells Sam to keep an eye on the Scarecrow, but as they turn around, they discover he is gone and the cross is empty.

Milz

Milz

Fanatic

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 9:39 AM

Thanks!

Sounds like Scarecrow is a bit like The Wicker Man and Shirley Jackson's short story, "The Lottery", with a shout-out to "Blair Witch" (the name of the town). I think it will be interesting to see how they pull that off. I know there was a UK film in the mid-90s called "Darklands". It was never released in the US. Anyhow, it was supposed to be the "Wicker Man" for the '90s, but didn't live up to it. Hopefully, SN will.

Edited by Milz, Nov 3, 2005 @ 9:42 AM.

Brunette

Brunette

Fanatic

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 9:54 AM

NO BLACK BARS! It's like the boards in HDTV! Talk about progress!

I would just like to say, yet again, that I am psyched about "Scarecrow" purely for the fact that my name is Emily, and I will get to hear Dean say it a few times throughout the episode. He may even scream it in anguish. Ooooohh, *shivers* the thought is nearly orgasmic all on its own.

And the character named after me is nearly sacrificed alongside Dean. Sounds freaking hot! Does anyone know when "Scarecrow" will air? I can't wait for new episodes!

Sigh. I heart Supernatural.

TiffanyNichelle

TiffanyNichelle

Fanatic

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 11:05 AM

Is it wrong to be very excited about Sam stealing a car in "Scarecrow". It's so unSam like.

charly

charly

Fanatic

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 12:40 PM

I immediately thought after reading the sides, the bros have a fight and HotDean goes somewhere alone on a hunt, cause in the sides CuteDean arrives and HotDean says 'i take back everything I said...how did you get here...'

YAY

A bro fight, and then make up, awwww bless them!

I bet a pound I'm right on this heh! Yes, a WHOLE pound!

Awesomeness that CuteDean steals the car, and the whole he's like his big bro squees my heart. Damn i love these brothers!

charly

charly

Fanatic

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 12:43 PM

OH and Emily I know how you feel, my name is Charli and the charli in Bloody Mary had me so thrilled, i adored the way CuteDean and HotDean simultaneously whispered and growled my name through the whole ep.

I admit when Sam answered the phone and went 'Charli?' I was all 'Yes Sam!'

Heh, geek x

witchofnovember

witchofnovember

Stalker

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 12:45 PM

The summary of Scarecrow above is my first attempt at summarizing sides (of actually reading sides as well). I'd be happy to take over the summary duties of the others, if you'd like. I was going to take a look at "Faith" tonight.

La Anah

La Anah

Fanatic

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 12:50 PM

OH and Emily I know how you feel, my name is Charli and the charli in Bloody Mary had me so thrilled

Well, my name's Becky, so Not!Dean whispered dirty, dirty things in my ear :)

Topic: When I summarize the sides, I generally leave out plot stuff. I really don't need to know ahead of time thew resolution to the MotW, but I am interested in the overall arc, and character developments. Unfortunately, the nature of sides is that they are only released for new characters, so scenes involving only the brothers never make it out.

Aunty Mib

Aunty Mib

Fanatic

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 12:50 PM

I was wondering where to put this.

I guessed from the Skin that Dean was at risk from dying since the Doppelgaenger legend is that if you see yourself you will die within the year. So the boys will have to remove a curse that is causing a wasting disease,.

witchofnovember

witchofnovember

Stalker

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 12:52 PM

When I summarize the sides, I generally leave out plot stuff.

Ahhhhh... I'm used to people doing thorough side analysis over at The West Wing thread. Meh. I'll give the whole shebang a shot. People can skip the summaries if they want.

wackyninja

wackyninja

Just Tuned In

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 1:25 PM

Dean and Sam return to their home of Lawrence, Kansas, where a new family has moved into the Winchester's old home. The family begins seeing and hearing frightening things, and the brothers think it might be haunted by the thing that killed their mother.

Usually, there is only a line or two referenceing the evil ghost dood occurances. Needless to say, I'm happy they are devoting an entire episode to deal with this, and it will also bring to light Sam's dreams...which Dean still doesn't know about.

speculation: This evil ghost dood is really after Sam, because Sam is special and the evil ghost dood will take away the women in his life. Yes? No? Maybe?

Kitten Poker Cheater

Kitten Poker Cheater

Stalker

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 1:34 PM

Thanks witchy for bringing us up to speed. I am a shameless spoiler ho (except for Veronica Mars).

I can't believe they're going to a Faith Healer. I hope they tried a doctor or some eastern medicene practices first. Either way, Faith looks to be a potential bro-yay episode.

And the Scarecrow episode totally looks like a homage to The Lottery. What a Chilling novel- hope the episode is chilling too.

DSinLA

DSinLA

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 2:15 PM

more Scarecrow casting info

The bad news- they are adding a recurring chick

The good news- she is EVIL!!!!!

MEG- Caucasian, in her early 20's, she's young and sexy. She meets Sam while hitchhiking, but is initially wary of him. Later, when she confirms that Sam is not a "creep," the two prepare to travel to California together. We eventually realize that Meg is the ruthless and violent emissary of a dark and bloody power, and that she just may have some hidden agenda with the ghost-busting brothers...GUEST STAR/RECURRING, PLEASE ALSO SUMBIT STAR NAMES

Edited by DSinLA, Nov 3, 2005 @ 2:17 PM.

witchofnovember

witchofnovember

Stalker

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 2:21 PM

I can live with that... I kinda like the idea, acutally. A female nemesis. Interesting.

Recurring is much better than being a part of the cast on a regular basis. At least she isn't a Mary-Sue.

Do you have a link for this?

Edited by witchofnovember, Nov 3, 2005 @ 2:23 PM.

Aunty Mib

Aunty Mib

Fanatic

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 2:26 PM

I can't believe they're going to a Faith Healer. I hope they tried a doctor or some eastern medicene practices first.

If they're trying to break a curse that makes more sense.

And the Scarecrow episode totally looks like a homage to The Lottery. What a Chilling novel-

[NITPICK] You mean play or short story.[/NITPICK]

Milz

Milz

Fanatic

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 2:27 PM

As long as some top secret government agency doesn't implant an evil-deeds blocking microchip in her brain and she becomes relatively good and a love interest (I'm looking at you Spike!), I can live with that too.

Kitten Poker Cheater

Kitten Poker Cheater

Stalker

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 2:31 PM

Hee! The Lottery is a short story, but I always think of it as a novel. I first heard it when I was about 10 on a book-on-tape, and at the time it seemed long enough to be a novel.

The girl can stay as long as she's evil. And irrdeemably so. And she can't sleep with either Dean Brother. And if she's played by Katie Holmes, my wrath will know no bounds- no Joey Potters!

But I like that she's a hitchiker- like those scary (but utterly horrendus) movies.

DSinLA

DSinLA

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 2:34 PM

Do you have a link for this?

Sorry it was from yesterday's casting Breakdowns...they code them so they can track down people who do what I just did :-(

heh just re-typed it...

vdo queen

vdo queen

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 2:35 PM

Dsinla, you're back! Just like me!
And yeah, recurring is okay, it means a story arc, but not someone who will be bothering us the whole season (Billie, can you hear me?). And most importantly, she is evil!
I'm glad she is not a Mary Sue. I'm not really fond of Mary Sues. They have to be very well written and have a hell of a personality, which takes them out of the Mary Sue profile.

mar-g-wan

mar-g-wan

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 2:57 PM

Oh, man that sort of sucks. I know she's "evil" but that stuff so rarely sticks--she'll end up sleeping with one or both of them, she'll start to go soft and fall in love with one of them and vice versa--ack! Then she'll get pregnant with a "speshul Chosen One" baby. She could be a Mary Sue, some of them start out as "bad" and then are "redeemed"--and are still more ass-kicking, smarter and more beautiful than anyone ever. I just hope the "she could be(and it does say "could be") isn't an initial cover for an eventual turn to annoying Mary Sue chick.

However the spoiler does tell us what Sam is apparently doing for part of the episode--hitchhiking.

I think from what dialogue there is between Dean and Sam it sounds like, whatever may have started the fight, it ended up along the lines of "I'm not like you and I don't want to be" and "Fine, leave, I don't need you anyway", etc because of Dean's lines about forgetting what he said, he was so happy to see him and "You are like me!"

witchofnovember

witchofnovember

Stalker

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 2:59 PM

I'm willing to hold out hope for the female character. It does provide amazing possibilities - Before they find out what she is, does she come between them? Does she play them off against one another?

They aren't going to add a chick as a regular Mary-Sue because the viewers love the men - women drool and guys like the fact they kick ass and drive a cherry car.

DSinLA

DSinLA

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 3:15 PM

hey Witchy

Do you not have the sides for "Emily"?

there is a bit of Meg and Sam and car stealing in those

witchofnovember

witchofnovember

Stalker

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 3:20 PM

I've just seen the one for the "Jorgenson" part. Meg wasn't in that.

Are you telling me I shouldn't hold out hope? If I have to give up on this show now, I'll jump out a window.

DSinLA

DSinLA

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 3:29 PM

I've just seen the one for the "Jorgenson" part. Meg wasn't in that.

Are you telling me I shouldn't hold out hope? If I have to give up on this show now, I'll jump out a window.

God No!!!!

I am a big fan of the phrase "don't borrow trouble"

I LOVE that fact that she is only recurring...which means if she works out they willl keep her around for awhile and if she doesn't ....since she is EVIL she can be dead in an instant :-)

I have faith in the writers (not so much in the FX guys ) and if she dosn't work THEY will know long before we see the ep.

I was only asking about the sides because since you seemed to have taken on the task of keeper of the spoiler I was going to see if you wanted me to E-mail them to you if you didn't have them

mar-g-wan

mar-g-wan

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 3:30 PM

I've been trying to download the Emily side for an hour now. Unfortunately for some reason the pdf file is missing, even though it is listed. I also know there was update on the Faith side on 10/25 except it's on a site I don't have a membership to so I've never been able to find out what may have changed.

witchofnovember

witchofnovember

Stalker

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 3:31 PM

I was only asking about the sides because since you seemed to have taken on the task of keeper of the spoiler I was going to see if you wanted me to E-mail them to you if you didn't have them

Oh, would you please? I'm absolutely happy to continue summarizing any sides that come in (it brings out the detective instincts in me), so if you all want to, I give you full permission to e-mail away. Just put "Sides" in the subject line so I get to them quicker.

vdo queen

vdo queen

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 3:35 PM

DSinla, you can send them to me. I tried to send you an email, but there is no link on your profile.

TiffanyNichelle

TiffanyNichelle

Fanatic

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 3:37 PM

I think I can deal with the new girl. As long as she stays evil and doesn't fall in love with Sam. And then gets a chip, attacks him, gets a soul, become "good" and generally take over the whole show.

Keep her evil and only in small doses. Make me miss her when she's not around but not want her around longer than a few minutes.

Oh and name her Marvin!

wackyninja

wackyninja

Just Tuned In

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 3:48 PM

mar-g-wan-- i was having trouble with this as well...so i waited an hour and then it worked again.