The Supernatural Fan Fiction Thread: Nightmare Fodder

• Please log in to reply

6845 replies to this topic

Austinthecat

Austinthecat

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2014 @ 10:27 PM

I've actually been reading that fic, didn't realize you were writing it!

I've been thoroughly enjoying it, though I have to agree that Sam is definitely not the loving brother in it. Even if he had good intentions at some point, he was still determined to somehow take control of Dean's life and turn it into something he (Sam) thought was more appropriate. That hospital bit was just a nasty piece of work.

I found myself wondering just how Sam planned to control Dean once he was out of the hospital. If Sam makes a reappearance, I'd love to see that worked into the dialogue.  :)

Loving Caleb in the story.

Edited by Austinthecat, Mar 22, 2014 @ 10:29 PM.

7kstar

7kstar

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 23, 2014 @ 12:27 AM

I guess you can blame the last couple of season for making Sam so Not nice, lol.  I don't think he thought anything through, just reacting.  I hadn't planned that part it just sort of inspired itself.  That's it.  :)

I just bought a new computer and I may find that my word won't work on it...not sure about that yet.  But hoping to get the story moving again soon.  I also deal with contest and such and my health issues slow down the writing at times.  But this season seems to be inspiring me on.

Sam and Dean will meet again, and I don't plan on following the trend that the brother's have to have a major conflict so it will most likely go AU down the road.

Thanks for taking the time to review.  Sometimes you get stuck thinking is this even something someone can enjoy, Plus a lot of people start the fic and then quit, so it makes me wonder are they quitting cause the writing sucks or just because it wasn't for them.

ETA:  someone asked why it took so long for me work on it.  Thanks for reading and reviewing.  :)

Edited by 7kstar, Mar 26, 2014 @ 9:57 PM.

RLP

RLP

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 27, 2014 @ 7:26 PM

I used to love this thread. I'm posting in here to say that once upon a time, I wrote a fic called 'Counterplay'. I'd always planned to finish it, come back here to share the link, and see if anyone remembered it. Makes me sad that won't happen now. :(

Thanks for your great stories, everyone!

sallymonelly

sallymonelly

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 27, 2014 @ 7:46 PM

Hey RLP, I read that story and was waiting for the conclusion. I was disappointed it never came.  But now, with the way Sam really turned out, being so self-absorbed and Dean being forced to be all about Sam, I'm not sure how much I would enjoy the story anymore. 

But hey, fanfiction is something that is not always about the story, so maybe you can finish it?

RLP

RLP

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 27, 2014 @ 7:52 PM

I actually have the last chapter done and the epilogue outlined, it's sat that way for years. (Literally, years. I'm a terrible person.)

Someday, I absolutely plan to tie up that loose end of my life and get it up there.

PeteMartell

PeteMartell

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2014 @ 9:28 PM

One of my favorite fics. The Silent Country. NC-17. Set after season 5. Sam is dead. Cas is mostly in Heaven and Jimmy and Claire Novak are on the road with Dean (Jimmy's wife was murdered). Dean and Jimmy slowly fall in love. 

http://chocolate-mus....com/39002.html

Edited by PeteMartell, Mar 27, 2014 @ 9:28 PM.