The Supernatural Fan Fiction Thread: Nightmare Fodder

• Please log in to reply

6845 replies to this topic

witchofnovember

witchofnovember

Stalker

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 8:44 AM

Because we know there's Bro!Yay! and Bro!No! in bulk out there...

This thread is to post your work and work that you think deserves notice. To start everything off, here is some recommended reading:

Collateral Damage by crumpeteer

Exit Music by vegarin
Hunting Vampires for the New Millenium by lessien

Gunslinger by lessien
Guessing Games by lithium doll

Read. Write. Recommend.

Edited by witchofnovember, Nov 3, 2005 @ 8:56 AM.

Katkins

Katkins

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 8:50 AM

Witchy, hee! I almost started a fanfic topic before I saw you had, and was going to call it 'Fanfiction: Wincest or Bro!No?'.

Anyway, my rec -

Grass Don't Grow by lithium doll.

witchofnovember

witchofnovember

Stalker

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 9:37 AM

What is it with me and double posting?

Edited by witchofnovember, Nov 3, 2005 @ 10:05 AM.

witchofnovember

witchofnovember

Stalker

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 10:03 AM

I swear to Anu, lithium does the best stories!

These lines are priceless:

“That’s … your mind is a septic tank. You know what I mean.”

He was calm and serene. He was a rock. He was mentally listing twenty horrible things that could happen to Dean’s coat.

“Worms. Dirt. A couple of roots. Hey, you hear that?”

Dean looked around. “No.”

“Because there’s nothing here.”

“It’s not the tree; it’s just covering the bleed. We need some kind of … Holy duct tape.”

“I don’t think that’s Vatican approved.”

She has their voices down perfectly.

I'm also going to do a little shameless self-pimpage of my own work-in-progress.

Not in My House, Parts One and Two.

Edited by witchofnovember, Nov 3, 2005 @ 10:05 AM.

Bitterswete

Bitterswete

Stalker

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 11:37 AM

A story that must be read. It's called One Minute at a Time, and it's relatively short. Too short, actually. It's so good, I want lots more. But I guess I'll be happy with a short.

Edited by Bitterswete, Nov 3, 2005 @ 11:37 AM.

Lotamoxie

Lotamoxie

Fanatic

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 12:33 PM

Nuns with Pens, which has fan fiction for all of the characters Jensen's played, has a few Supernatural stories up.

Edited by Lotamoxie, Nov 3, 2005 @ 12:34 PM.

vdo queen

vdo queen

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 12:38 PM

I read witchofnovember fic today. And reviewed. There are some really good fics already out there. I wish I could write one, too.
Anyway, my choices for the day:
The Pumpkin Man
Pennywise for your thoughts.
Grief's Possession
Into the Fire.

joyfulgirl41

joyfulgirl41

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 12:55 PM

Dude! I haven't played on TWoP since SV's heyday! How you doin'?

Anyway, to get the ball rolling with some ficcy deliciousness...

Pulse by Slodwick -- Hints of Wincest without really going to the bad place. A nice way to ease yourself into the dirtywronggoodness.

Tricks and Treats by Stone Princess -- Gen drabbles, no Wincest in sight. It's really hard to believe that such small stories can have such a gigantic impact. So good!!

Leaving the River Road by Stone Princess -- She is really the Queen of Angst, and this story is an excellent example of why. We're definitely in Wincest territory here.

Down From Here by Stone Princess again -- She is the Queen of Angst, but also so funny! (Again, this is a definite Wincest story) And I quote:

"The problem with werewolves," Dean mused, "is that they turn back into people. Now a big, angry, violent beast that wants to eat you? No problem! Just shoot it. Hell, little kids can do it."

"We weren't like other little kids, Dean."

Stone Princess has also been keeping a pretty good rec list, both slash and gen mixed in, which you can find here

Shadow People by Autumnyte -- This story is soooo good! Nice and long and plotty and hot like a hot hot thing! (Mmmmm, Wincest)

And last, but most definitely not least:

Factum Amoris by Lenore -- *brain melty* Yeah. Wincest. Hot. Read now.

Also, disregard the fact that my name shows up on, like, half those author's notes. *coughs*

Starcat

Starcat

Fanatic

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 1:14 PM

Cause she was too humble to rec the really good stuff, I bring you more good Wincesty fic:

Sins of the Father by Joyfulgirl - a nice bit from John Winchester's perspective.

When There's Nowhere Else to Run by Joyfulgirl - dirtywronghotGUHGUHGUH!!

Can't Just Walk Away by Joyfulgirl - good, good good cliche fic. Mmmmm, pretending to be gay!

ETA: I second the recs on Shadow People and Factum Amoris too. Those are some damn fine stories.

Edited by Starcat, Nov 3, 2005 @ 1:18 PM.

Uber Beaver

Uber Beaver

Fanatic

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 1:18 PM

joyfulgirl41, I totally agree with recs for stone_princess. I pimped her out to my f-list so many times on my own journal. Your story Sins of the Father also was mentioned.

Witch, pimp away! I can't believe one of my favorite authors is here too. :)

One of my personal favorites since it was one of the first is the Unapologetic Supernatural hippogryff fic by nilchance. It's Wincest with questionable consent but it works in the context of the story. It's hot and painful, drawing on the shades of grey that is found in their relationship.

Edited by Uber Beaver, Nov 3, 2005 @ 1:18 PM.

LastScorpion

LastScorpion

Fanatic

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 1:27 PM

Cherry Bomb by zeplum is a cute and funny Supernatural/Smallville crossover. Chloe/Dean.

Lotamoxie

Lotamoxie

Fanatic

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 1:34 PM

Valjean (who posts here under another name that I can't remember) has a good Supernatural/Dark Angel cross-over fic called Another Life. Lots of angst and sarcastic Dean/Alec.

witchofnovember

witchofnovember

Stalker

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 1:40 PM

Witch, pimp away! I can't believe one of my favorite authors is here too. :)

Hehehehehe. If you insist... here are the others (by yours truly)...

Firsts (could be gen, could be implied slash - totally up to the reader)

In This River (my attempt at explaining Dean's bleeding eyes in Bloody Mary)

The Choice

Burden

Edited by witchofnovember, Nov 3, 2005 @ 1:41 PM.

LithiumDoll

LithiumDoll

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 1:49 PM

All the stories I've read so far have already been pimped, clearly this is a sign I need to read even more. It's like my own personal hell. Really. I'll start with the recs I haven't read. For ... practise. Yes, that's it.

And thank you, Witchy and Katkins!

joyfulgirl41

joyfulgirl41

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 1:55 PM

Cause she was too humble to rec the really good stuff,

*laughs* Yes, I am nothing if not humble!! *glomps Starcat*

I pimped her out to my f-list so many times on my own journal.

Isn't she brilliant? It's her fault I'm even in this fandom!! Damn her and her brilliant, pervy ways!! Ah, well. *gives up pretense of being impartial*

Here are the rest of her SPN fics, all of which should be read, in no particular order:

Memories Shine in Dim Light -- Gen ficlets of Wee!Sam and Wee!Dean. So much love for them!!!

Mehr Licht! -- A little bit pervy, but mostly funnysweet. She lies when she says she can only do angst. *stern look*

By the Triple Hecate's Team -- But the angst is so good!!! These boys break my heart!!

Your story Sins of the Father also was mentioned.

Awwww! Thank you, Uber Beaver!!!

Edited by joyfulgirl41, Nov 3, 2005 @ 1:57 PM.

Starcat

Starcat

Fanatic

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 2:01 PM

*gives up pretense of being impartial*

Heh, well really, what's the fun of fandom if you can't share all the fic you love, even if it is by your very best friends?

witchofnovember

witchofnovember

Stalker

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 2:32 PM

maygra has just posted a drabble... To Sleep, Perchance to Dream. It's gen, so all can enjoy.

joyfulgirl41

joyfulgirl41

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 2:50 PM

Heh, well really, what's the fun of fandom if you can't share all the fic you love, even if it is by your very best friends?

True!! But, it helps that my best friend is absolutely brilliant, and has all the best candy. *g*

(Also, OMG Starcat!!! That's soooo 2002!!! *giggles like mad*)

Babsonite

Babsonite

Fanatic

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 3:58 PM

Are there any Buffy/Supernatural crossover fics out there? Those two are just perfect for blending!

mar-g-wan

mar-g-wan

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 5:17 PM

Thanks for the recs. :) I've read some of them. Can't wait until there is more. When we rec a fic I think we should put down whether it's gen or slash.

Lotamoxie

Lotamoxie

Fanatic

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 5:35 PM

So many stories, so little time. Hopefully I'll get to read these soon.

keita

keita

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 5:38 PM

Please please please continue with the pimping and the pimping...I'm behind in reading fanfics. Heck, I didn't even know there were so much fics out there laden with BroYays.

Now if someone would start a BroYay website that would be awesome. Thanks so much for these links and please keep them coming!

Bitterswete

Bitterswete

Stalker

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 6:29 PM

Here are a couple of cute Supernatural/Dark Angel crossovers called Annoyance and Headache.

And I think I'm off to read them again.

witchofnovember

witchofnovember

Stalker

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 6:39 PM

There are a couple incredibly dark and wonderful slash pieces (which are non-graphic) that I discovered in my initial foray in the world of Bro!Yay.

An Offering of Drabbles by lisaroquin
Mark Changes With the Weather by julissa
Sins of the Father by joyfulgirl
All of them are mind-shattering.

Now I'm off to write.

kaylaw

kaylaw

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 8:07 PM

*explodes*

And I highly rec Julissa's "Mark Changes with the Weather." Absolutely amazing writing, and even though I am not really down with the Wincest, soooo very good that I could still read it. Plus, she's my girl so, you know.

Anyway, thanks for all the great recs, and keep 'em coming!!

witchofnovember

witchofnovember

Stalker

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 9:50 PM

[I]Never mind. Nothing to see here.

Edited by witchofnovember, Nov 3, 2005 @ 10:21 PM.

mustbekarma

mustbekarma

Fanatic

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 10:17 PM

When we rec a fic I think we should put down whether it's gen or slash.

Since I read both, that wouldn't be an issue with me, but I would really appreciate a Wincest warning. It's just not what I like to read. As long as the slash is with non-family members, I'll gladly take a peek.

Thanks for all the fic recs. I have to be up early in the morning, so I can't go and read them all right now. Sigh. I'll have lots of free time this weekend, though.

Definitely read witchy's fics; I've enjoyed them immensely.

Hi, mar-g-wan, I never got to answer your posts in the old thread, but I'm glad, too. It's nice to be part of a special club. Yay to thirty-somethings who hate chick flicks!

Plus, witchy, I think it would be great to repost the Mary Sue questionnaire fic. That was really great for a laugh.

Angst, humor, snark, happy, sad, dark, light--I'll read anything but incest. So bring on the recs.

Edited by mustbekarma, Nov 3, 2005 @ 10:18 PM.

joyfulgirl41

joyfulgirl41

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 10:33 PM

Eeeeeee! Stone Princess posted a new story!

By the Earnest Stars! Completely shameless Wincesty smut. If that isn't your thang, don't click the link. If it is? Go read an love, because OMG *brainsplody*

witchofnovember

witchofnovember

Stalker

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 10:40 PM

Not in My House (Part 3) for your enjoyment.

stele3

stele3

Fanatic

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 11:06 PM

OK, all, I don't know how to post in the Supernatural Fic community... so here's the link to my own journal, where you can find The 1300 Days: The First Day - Lessons in Geometry. It's the first of many chapters. The plot bunny, she doth have me by the hair.

Massive love to witchofnovember and Peekay, as well as anyone that leaves comments!

Edited by stele3, Nov 3, 2005 @ 11:06 PM.