Supernatural In The Media: We're Legitimate Reporters. We Swear!

• Please log in to reply

16191 replies to this topic

DementedDaisy

DementedDaisy

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 12, 2014 @ 4:51 PM

Awesome, I PM'd you with a list of some of my math and science shirts.  Don't want to bore others with off-topic conversation.  ;-)

My husband got Dean and I expect he and Dean would have a lot of the same t-shirts -- Justice League, Avengers, and plenty of classic rock.

PeteMartell

PeteMartell

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2014 @ 7:38 PM

I got Kevin. I wasn't sure who i'd get, as the questions seemed so character-specific and there was no generic option that I wanted a few different times. Well I'm happy with Kevin, so, that's not bad. 

mertensia

mertensia

Fanatic

Posted Mar 13, 2014 @ 4:07 AM

I got Kevin but in reality I am fairly confident I'd be "person who died horribly in the teaser".

FastenSeatBelts

FastenSeatBelts

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 13, 2014 @ 8:16 AM

I got Dean even though I read and stay back and research and wear trenchcoats a lot. I'm pretty sure I would have been Bela if that was an option. Btw was there even the chance to get a female character? Probably not because they didn't want to upset anyone. After all you're very likely to die on this show if you're female.

DLJ

DLJ

Fanatic

Posted Mar 13, 2014 @ 9:28 AM

Hmm.  Since a couple of our answers are the same, I wonder what tipped me over to Kevin and what gave you Sam…. 

I PM'd you DementedDaisy, not sure if we're veering too far off-topic, so decided to play it safe.

DementedDaisy

DementedDaisy

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 13, 2014 @ 12:11 PM

Btw was there even the chance to get a female character?

My sister got Charlie.  But she was probably the only female option.

FastenSeatBelts

FastenSeatBelts

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 14, 2014 @ 3:11 PM

About TV shows that should end before things get worse: Supernatural makes the list.

SueB

SueB

Stalker

Posted Mar 14, 2014 @ 4:04 PM

About TV shows that should end before things get worse: Supernatural makes the list.

True, but the upshot is that TV.com thinks it's bounced back from previous years and should go out on a high note.  Not that it's overstayed it's welcome.

DLJ

DLJ

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2014 @ 4:36 PM

Well, isn't that all a matter of perspective? Personally, I wouldn't consider what they are doing now a sign of it ending on a high note. Of course, MV.

SueB

SueB

Stalker

Posted Mar 14, 2014 @ 5:34 PM

Well, isn't that all a matter of perspective? Personally, I wouldn't consider what they are doing now a sign of it ending on a high note. Of course, MV.

Jensen seems to feel they are "building speed": http://blog.zap2it.c...e-and-more.html

Ackles says. "It's nice that after nine seasons, instead of sizzling out, it actually seems to be building up speed. I don't know how that happened, but it happened and we're happy for it."

On a fun note: Today is Pi day and E-Online loves Jensen.

http://www.eonline.c...g-jensen-ackles

Edited by SueB, Mar 14, 2014 @ 5:38 PM.

DLJ

DLJ

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2014 @ 5:45 PM

Again, matter of perspective...with all respect to Jensen, I just don't feel it. I'm really glad that Jensen is happy with where they're taking the show though, even if I don't feel the same as he does.  And quite frankly, Jensen usually has positive things to say in these things...it's one of the things that makes me respect him so much, he tows the party line and gets behind his projects no matter what. 

But, my original point was more to the fact that anyone can make a list of shows they think are good or bad or whatever, but it's all in the eye of the beholder--there's no real "truth" or "right" or "wrong" in these things, IMO.

PeteMartell

PeteMartell

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2014 @ 5:46 PM

Supernatural could have bowed to a standing ovation after its fantastic fifth season

Ew. That standing ovation would not include me.

I always dread these lists because the response is always, "season 5!" which is a season I for the most part hated and feel destroyed most of the show and the relationships on the show. Yet it's a de facto response for when the show was supposedly as its best. If that had been the last season I would likely have a lot of regrets of ever being a fan. I still might, depending on what happens this or next season, but at least there's a window of hope of not regretting the experience.

I do like that they praised the last two seasons instead of just saying the show should have ended at season 5.

I will be shocked if season 10 isn't the end, although my reason isn't really that I need to see Jared and Jensen in something else - we're going to see them in something else soon enough, as i doubt the show will go on 15-20 years, and in Jensen's case I'm not sure there will be other parts as interesting as Dean, so I will be sorry to see that go. 

But I don't see it going past season 10. Maybe season 11, but I'm not expecting it. I do think if they have some good ideas they could run a few more years, but if they don't, then I'd settle for a decent goodbye.

Another reason I dislike those lists is because the comments section always ends up with people just talking about shows they hate, not shows that have run too long (someone saying Reign should go - that show hasn't even been on a full season).

And quite frankly, Jensen usually has positive things to say in these things...it's one of the things that makes me respect him so much, he tows the party line and gets behind his projects no matter what. 

He was very blunt in his recent interview [linked in his thread] and has gotten some (undeserved) backlash for it, but you're right, he's usually a team player. I do think he's genuinely excited though, as I think he's done some of his best work this season.

Edited by PeteMartell, Mar 14, 2014 @ 5:58 PM.

SueB

SueB

Stalker

Posted Mar 15, 2014 @ 6:18 PM

Someone storified the J2 gold panel at VegasCon and he added these bits:

Jensen: Jared and I were kind of reinvigorated last year. This is more than a job. It's a legacy for us. #VegasCon

6:35 PM - 15 Mar 2014

Jensen: Neither of us feels like backing down right now. #VegasCon

6:36 PM - 15 Mar 2014

JP: I love this show and this character just like y'all do. #vegascon

6:36 PM - 15 Mar 2014

To me, Jensens' statement is beyond "the party line".  To be honest, I'm kinda happy for him (and Jared) and their enthusiasm.  Not many people get to keep working a job they apparently truly love. 

DLJ

DLJ

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2014 @ 7:40 PM

I'm sorry SueB, I didn't mean to imply that I wasn't happy for Jared and Jensen...I totally am. I think it's great that they have jobs that they love, working with people they like and get a chance to play with characters that engage them. I may not have the same enthusiasm they do for the show right now, but I in no way have an ill feelings or begrudge them anything. They seem to be fun, goofy, great guys that's so rare to see in this industry, so I'm happy for them.

I think my main point was entirely lost here--which was totally not important and I probably should have employed the "think twice, post once" rule a bit more strictly here. But, it's not uncommon that I don't express myself well and am misunderstood. My mantra at work some months ago was "I must be speaking Urdu or something". So sorry, no offense was meant.

Edited by DLJ, Mar 15, 2014 @ 7:46 PM.

SueB

SueB

Stalker

Posted Mar 15, 2014 @ 7:57 PM

I may not have the same enthusiasm they do for the show right now, but I in no way have an ill feelings or begrudge them anything.

No worries, I didn't think you and I hope I didn't come across as oversensitive.  It's a fairly common theory that Jensen is "just towing the party line" but not truly happy.  I've posted these bits of data because I think that theory does not currently seem to be true and there's objective evidence to support this belief. 

DLJ

DLJ

Fanatic

Posted Mar 17, 2014 @ 9:43 AM

SueB, I somehow missed your response a couple of days ago. No worries, I just wanted to be clear that I wasn't hatin' on Jensen. Personally, I have no idea whether Jensen is happy or not.  I know a lot of folks thought he was really unhappy in S6, but I just got the feeling that he was just trying to balance his personal life with work and family and was very exhausted during that period--it had less to do with storylines and such as maybe it did with him needing a break. I also think a lot of folks read too much into his comments and take a lot of stuff out of context, so since I don't personally know the guy, I usually don't make assumption about how happy he is or not. He does tow the company line, but that doesn't mean he's unhappy, just that he's a team player--which I happen to love and respect.

You didn't come across oversensitive at all, I just thought I had probably put my foot in it and should clarify my statement.

FastenSeatBelts

FastenSeatBelts

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 18, 2014 @ 4:26 PM

So apparently tonight's guest star has already been introduced to the worst part of fandom. She said:

I will be on Supernatural TONIGHT! I had an amazing time and everyone involved on the show is so sweet and welcoming. But I can’t believe the amount of hate the Supernatural fans are giving me! Never seen anything like it. Talk about ruthless fans. Sorry kids, it’s just a cameo. And I had a blast! Thanks again, Supernatural.

Seriously what is wrong with those people? Talk about second hand embarrassment.

PeteMartell

PeteMartell

Fanatic

Posted Mar 18, 2014 @ 9:12 PM

She's a woman so that's already a big strike against her. I guess the rest is Jersey Shore hate. I'm sorry to hear about that. I hope she got some positive comments too. 

DementedDaisy

DementedDaisy

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 18, 2014 @ 10:01 PM

Design a Supernatural t-shirt -- I haven't watched the video yet, but according to the FAQ, they're actually giving away cash prizes.  Not enough, I'm sure, considering how much they stand to make, but it's better than nothing.  (Which is what user-generated content usually nets.)

Edited by DementedDaisy, Mar 18, 2014 @ 10:02 PM.

SueB

SueB

Stalker

Posted Mar 19, 2014 @ 1:15 AM

Okay... was that really Bob Singer or did someone possess him?  He was WAAAAAY to relaxed. 

PeteMartell

PeteMartell

Fanatic

Posted Mar 25, 2014 @ 9:25 AM

I'm not sure whether to put this in the Misha thread or the media thread, but Misha will be taking questions on the show's Facebook page today.

http://thecwspn.tumb...dule-6-30pm-est

Edited by PeteMartell, Mar 25, 2014 @ 11:34 AM.

PeteMartell

PeteMartell

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2014 @ 1:28 PM

Cute little video with Jared and Misha showing what they're going to contribute to William Shatner's auction.

http://telly.com/1IR6V06